Unreal Championship Xbox

• Release Date: Sep 24, 2002
8.2

1. MarkC.
    Dec 2, 2002
    This game desperately needs a multiplayer split screen mode that you can play WITHOUT accessing xbox live. If you don?t have xbox live, your friends get to watch you play. Fun? Not.
  2. KeithY.
    Apr 8, 2003
    I got this game in Feb. 2003 (for $25 new) and instantly went online. It's a decent experience, but isn't as fun as I'd hoped. I'm a veteran FPS player but haven't been as impressed with this game as I was playing Unreal over the SegaNet server (and that was dial-up). If you have broadband internet and Xbox Live, I'd recommend a rental first. Judge for I got this game in Feb. 2003 (for $25 new) and instantly went online. It's a decent experience, but isn't as fun as I'd hoped. I'm a veteran FPS player but haven't been as impressed with this game as I was playing Unreal over the SegaNet server (and that was dial-up). If you have broadband internet and Xbox Live, I'd recommend a rental first. Judge for yourself before you buy - UC isn't quite what you'd expect. Expand
  3. Alex
    Jun 17, 2005
    Fun, but the single player is somewhat lacking, and Live is just too laggy to be fun anymore. best played with friends who are over at your house. definitely a try before you buy title.
  4. BrittanyT.
    Dec 27, 2002
    Wonderful controls (finally!) Intersting characters, but nothing to back up their background info; not a whole lot of story. Needs cheering fans and more arenas that challenge skill, otherwise this game can be quite entertaining (especially in bomber's run!) That's like football with a very nasty edge...

#11 Most Discussed Xbox Game of 2002

1. Weekly Famitsu
    7 / 6 / 6 / 8 - 27 [Vol 788; 23 Jan 2004]
  2. It's by no means anything remotely original, borrowing almost all of its ideas from a three year old PC game, but in terms of console fragfoolery, it's up there with the best of them for visual splendour and all out intense action.
  3. Xbox Nation Magazine
    Strafing and running is fine - even more natural feeling than when a keyboard is used - but the Xbox controller's right analog stick just can't compete with the precision of a mouse. [Winter 2002, p.84]