6.7

1. Rem
    Jul 11, 2013
    Whacked is one of the most decidedly creepy games I've played in a while, and not because it's scary. The 7+ characters are interesting to play as though the function the same, but are so disturbing, it's kind of fun. The most disappointing part of the package though has to be the gameplay. It can be inconsistent when jumping as you would always overjump, and it is too easy. What's more insulting is the lack of content. Sure there are 7 different campaigns to play through, but they are all the same matches you play just with different cutscenes at the end of each section, which may be the only driving force to keep playing the game. It can also be messy at times when you play, as I often got annoyed by effects that popped onscreen whenever I got hit, and I wouldn't be able to recover easily. It's fun sure, but not among the best party games out there, and there are plenty. Expand

1. It's good, uncomplicated fun, but you won't ever want more than the demo version supplied with the Xbox Live Starter Kit. As a £40 purchase, Whacked! can get F---ed!
  2. Take it please, and understand there are absolutely, positively, no returns. [Winter 2002, p.109]
  3. Maybe like American Football and Baseball, Whacked is simply going to become another title that many English gamers will simply not get. I know this one didn’t.