Worms 3D Xbox

8.4

1. humbugger
    Jan 28, 2004
    I recently bought w3d was not thrilled by sp mode but when you take this baby into mp, whoa! just sooo much party fun and random map can be pretty cool too: THIS IS A GAME FOR PPL WITH FREINDS.
  2. RayS.
    Feb 21, 2004
    Best game ever !!
  3. RayH.
    Apr 9, 2004
    It's awesome!!!!
  4. Uter
    May 6, 2004
    Worms has always been a good series. The move to 3d went fairly smooth, but there are a bunch of minor annoyances. Being forced to use just 1 controller for multiplayer sux. The interface is confusing and tough to navigate. The camera control is counter-intuitive. The worm voices are way too quiet to hear. It's too bad the team names aren't changeable. With all that said, I Worms has always been a good series. The move to 3d went fairly smooth, but there are a bunch of minor annoyances. Being forced to use just 1 controller for multiplayer sux. The interface is confusing and tough to navigate. The camera control is counter-intuitive. The worm voices are way too quiet to hear. It's too bad the team names aren't changeable. With all that said, I still quite like the game. Expand
  5. PhilipP.
    Jun 17, 2004
    The 3D world elements adds in a new challange for aiming... but once used to that everything is classic worms. And thankfuly for us in North America, Xbox Live will be included! Rest of the world will either have to play on PC or wait for Worms: Forts Under Seige.
  6. Andyman
    Dec 30, 2003
    Great fun. W3D takes some getting used to, due mostly to the aforementioned camera issues, but once you've adjusted, it's as good or better than any in the series before it. This is one FUN party game!
  7. DustinM.
    Mar 18, 2005
    This game is so much fun. I also found it easy to just pick up and play. When I bought it I put it in and couldnt stop playing the Live was just too much fun. It only loses one point because I found the in game music to be very annoying :)

#76 Most Discussed Xbox Game of 2005

1. Despite the criticisms, Team 17 has still managed to pull off an impressive evolution of a much-loved series. The core game has remained barely unchanged, but the 3D engine introduces a lot of unexpected elements to get used to, both good and bad.
  2. Edge Magazine
    Singleplayer is weak - despite well-worked tutorial and mission modes it always feels like target practice for combat with friends - and the lack of online support disappoints. But despite a potentially hazardous dimensional switch, it remains as appealing a way of antagonising your friends as ever. [Dec 2003, p.108]
  3. A bit of an acquired taste. If you dig its goofy sense of humor, or if you're a fan of previous Worms games, you might find something to like once you get past the 3D-induced flaws.