5.7

1. Sep 5, 2014
    I thought this was an intelligent film-made by the THINK film company no less...About a Mexican American young woman who works as a cashier in a grocery store but who wants to have a better life. Not such a strange theme when you think about it. Maybe I'm biased as someone who spent years working as a cashier because its all I could get...so I suppose that would make me identify with theI thought this was an intelligent film-made by the THINK film company no less...About a Mexican American young woman who works as a cashier in a grocery store but who wants to have a better life. Not such a strange theme when you think about it. Maybe I'm biased as someone who spent years working as a cashier because its all I could get...so I suppose that would make me identify with the film more than most people who haven't done that type of thing. Morgan Freeman plays a guy who is an actor in the film (himself?) and it adds a nice touch to the movie. Not an action movie-kind of like the indue films from the 1980's just about life in general-its worth seeing if you appreciate intelligent filmmaking. I give it an eight for not trying to be gangsta gangsta film. There are way too many of those types of films out there these days. Not every bodies life is like that. It's good someone said so with this film. Expand
  2. May 22, 2013
    This movie is boring as hell...actors is very good, but storyline is empty shell with nothing inside...waste of time. I didn't find any point of this movie.

Ten Items or Less is not landmark cinema nor is it deeply thought-provoking, but it's smart, funny, knowledgeable about life and people, and a crowd-pleaser.
  2. Ends up having all the satisfying substance of a supermarket impulse item.
  3. Reviewed by: Robert Koehler
    Interplay between a jaunty Freeman as an unemployed movie star and the magnetic Paz Vega as a no-nonsense grocery store checker gives pic humanity and lift.