4.6

1. Sep 13, 2014
    Galloping mammoths and saddles with stirrups....Need I say more? Oh, locks and keys, pulleys, steel implements....the list goes on...

At least the CGI sabretooth tiger remained in character, knew its motivation and growled with great emotion. The humans...not so much.
  2. May 1, 2014
    This film is ****ing **** What the **** is this clown of a filmmaker still doing making movies? I am speaking of course of the abomination that is Roland Emmerich.
  3. Mar 8, 2014
    A stupid movie. Most of Roland Emmerich's movie are ridiculous, but this one is far worse. It's ridiculous, dull and dumb. This film has no character development whatsoever and you honestly just don't care whether they die or live.
  4. Feb 14, 2014
    this film is not as bad as everyone is saying, not by far one of the best but it is worth at least one watch.
    the plot is not very good but when you get to the action bits they do a good job, give this film a chance
  5. Jul 16, 2013
    It has cool action set pieces and good visual effects, but the film itself lacks a good story and good acting. Overall, the film lacks and it mostly relies on visuals, which is sad...
  6. Dec 10, 2012
    I liked the tittle, the posters and the general idea of the movie but it seems that the pieces just don't fit, very disappointed with the final result but it was fun to watch.
  7. Nov 8, 2012
    10,000 B.C. is certainly Emmerich's best work and showcases some very good visual effects, especially the creation of a most daunting sabertooth tiger.
  8. Apr 5, 2012
    Horrible. It was clear that the cinematography was completely ripping of Lord of the Rings. This is such a shameful atrocious piece of trash. Who enjoys watching these type of mindless movies?
  9. Apr 4, 2012
    10,000 B.C is a grotesque and dreadful movie. This should be listed as a comedy, I laughed more at the movie's stupidity than being impressed at the action. This movie was a total waste of time and should not be seen by a human eye.
  10. Dec 16, 2011
    I actually enjoyed this film, despite being terribly historically inaccurate. Great time waster, topped with great effects and decent acting. Worth watching, in my mind anyways.
  11. Nov 26, 2011
    Its absolutely terrible. The acting ,or rather lack of it, is terrible. The action is stupid. The entire film is really just poor from start to finish and an absolute waste of time.
  12. Nov 14, 2011
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Bottom Line: So bad, it makes Ice Age look completely factual.

Roland Emmerich takes a break from apocalyptic disaster films (well, for one film; we see the release of 2012 a year after this) to direct a ho-hum disaster of an Ice Age-set film.

Thereâ
  13. Jan 15, 2011
    The first time I rented this movie I thought it would be really bad since its a Emmerich film and I thought Independence Day was an average movie,and he usually tells the same story in all his other movies. So I thought he was gonna use the same concept plot but in prehistoric version. So I rented the video with low expectation . However when I saw the film I thought it was pretty good, this movie is an amazing popcorn film its not as bland as Emmerich other films its one of his unique popcorn film. I dont really get why there have been so many reviews saying that this film is bad just because it is an inaccurate film with not much character development. Who cares if it's accurate or inaccurate One Million B.C. wasn't accurate and a majority of people liked it. The story is decent and truthfully there is no character development ,but there so many beautiful images and great action scenes that it doesn't really matter. I cant say much on the acting part because its hard to act if the dialogue makes you sound like Yoda most of the time. Other than that this movie is pretty good I recommend it. Expand
  14. Nov 29, 2010
    Painfully disconnected film where you just can't get into relating to the characters or even look at it from any semblance of historical perspective. The sad thing is that it has so much potential as it has a neat premise. That's about as far as the good about this movie goes! This movies should have been lost somewhere in time!
  15. Nov 24, 2010
    I liked it. The action was immense and it had a likeable theme to it. The plot was not the most complex and it wasn't very original in terms of scope. However the acting was great and i like the characters. he ending ruined it, however
  16. Sep 11, 2010
    The best thing about this film was the special effects and cinema photography. Everything else was utterly terrible. I was very disappointed by this film as I expected it to tell an exciting story of adventure and explore the prehistoric period of time in history. However the film was very long, dull and it made me fall asleep for 10,000 years BC. I strongly advise you not to spend any money in purchasing this film as it will not only be a waste of your money but it will also be a waste of your time. I really wanted to give this a good review but I have to be truthful and honest to everyone else.
    Bring back Raquel Welch!
  17. Aug 12, 2010
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. If, in your movies, you look for an engaging plot, keen dialogue and intriguing characters then save yourself 109 never-to-be-returned minutes by avoiding this ponderous tat.
    Nutshell (spoilers): Dreadlock sporting, tribal hunter goes on quest to emancipate his beau, who has been kidnapped by arab/egyptian/aztec(?!) slave-trader types. Releases hotty from captors only for her to be recaptured within minutes (doh!). Gives further pursuit to baddies' homeland, on the way befriending a sabre tooth tiger and uniting disparate tribes under his **** banner. Final showdown sees him leading a mammoth/slave charge against some arab priests who enjoy a bit of human sacrifice, but getting his woman killed in the process (double doh!). Never mind though... she's not really dead (she was pretending or something). If you must see this movie, my recommendation is to watch it in fast forward: you'll miss out on the laughable, wooden, self-important dialogue, but miss little else and gain some of your life back into the bargain.

1. Emmerich has no time for poetry or magic, even when the director and his digital wizards (here doing wildly variable work) are trying to dazzle. He’s a taskmaster and a field marshall, not a visionary. But I enjoyed 10,000 B.C. more and more, and more than just about anything Emmerich’s done before.
  2. Reviewed by: Todd McCarthy
    Conventional where it should be bold and mild where it should be wild, 10,000 BC reps a missed opportunity to present an imaginative vision of a prehistoric moment.
    "The Day After Tomorrow" was kind of stupidly fun, and 10,000 B.C. might be too, if it weren't so stupidly dull.