5.0

1. Feb 24, 2013
    If this movie didn't star a WWE Superstar, a lot more people would have seen this! It's a beat the clock thriller from the director of Die Hard and was a million times better than I thought it would be. John Cena defiantly shows a marked improvement from The Marine, no doubt thanks to Renny Harlin. Yes, it's a WWE film, staring a WWE wrestler, but it's one hell of an action thriller!
  2. May 8, 2015
    There is just so many impossible and unbelievable moments with bad CGI effects and bad acting that we just can't believe what's going on.And the 12 rounds are pretty fast but the movie seems really long because the movie is not interesting at all.
  3. Aug 25, 2012
    I did actually think the film tried very hard and you can see the fruits of their efforts. Unfortunately I don't think that John Cena is that good an actor and the script wasn't very good either.
  4. Mar 5, 2012
    Il est bien loin le temps où Renny Harlin nous livrait d'excellents divertissements tels que 58 Minutes pour Vivre (Die Hard 2) et Cliffhanger. Et franchement, ce n'est pas avec 12 Rounds (renommé Shoot & Run) que le réalisateur va remonter la pente. Il en est même encore très loin, car ce film est d'une banalité,Il est bien loin le temps où Renny Harlin nous livrait d'excellents divertissements tels que 58 Minutes pour Vivre (Die Hard 2) et Cliffhanger. Et franchement, ce n'est pas avec 12 Rounds (renommé Shoot & Run) que le réalisateur va remonter la pente. Il en est même encore très loin, car ce film est d'une banalité, d'une invraisemblance et d'un manque de fond inimaginables. En somme, ce film n'est qu'une simple resucée d'Une Journée en Enfer (à croire que Harlin voulait faire son Die Hard 3) dont la mise en scène clipesque lorgne vers le cinéma de Tony Scott sans jamais l'égaler (et sans compter la pauvreté du casting, du script et des dialogues). Bref, un véritable échec. Alors pourquoi ne pas mettre une note plus basse? Juste par le fait que, finalement, on se laisse tout de même prendre au jeu pour passer le temps devant ce film à l'action non-stop abrutissant, qui ne vaut en rien les grands films d'action des 80's. Expand
  5. Mar 8, 2011
    A bit better than i'd expected. My teen sons loved it. Explosions, crashes, car chases. Average. Doable. Harmless fun, won't win any oscars. Fun escapism.
  6. Aug 31, 2010
    A poor man's 'Metro'....A vagrant's Die Hard....if your poison is blow em & shoot em up with sub-par acting then by all means have at it. But this one really lacks teeth in most categories.
  7. Dec 4, 2013
    John Cena needs to stick with what he normally does: wrestling, because he fails at being an actor, which even with quality actors, this movie still would have failed
  8. Benjamin
    May 10, 2009
    An empty, forgettable mess, and you really do start rooting against the protagonist really quick. There's distilled action, and then there's distilled action that has some redeeming twist that makes it great. You don't get that with this movie, you just get John Cena. There's a scene where he, his captured girlfriend, and the antagonist are all on a bus, and it turns An empty, forgettable mess, and you really do start rooting against the protagonist really quick. There's distilled action, and then there's distilled action that has some redeeming twist that makes it great. You don't get that with this movie, you just get John Cena. There's a scene where he, his captured girlfriend, and the antagonist are all on a bus, and it turns out that the girl has a bomb strapped to her abdomen. First off, there were really no people on that bus -- in America -- who noticed that 3 people are talking about bombs and explosions on a freaking metropolitan BUS? And then really, if it did go off, would that be so wrong at that point? Expand
  9. LawrenceT
    May 5, 2009
    The action was so damn boring. I will give it negative reviews.
  10. CjH.
    Jul 12, 2009
    Good acting. Poor script. Not as much action as the preview showed.
  11. AngelA
    Apr 20, 2009
    The movie has a good idea and some really seat-gripping excitement. It reminds me of Die Hard with a Vengeance but even more exciting. The plot is good with enough twists to keep everyone's interests. I have only one negative thing to say...and this is that I hate the type of camera work in this movie. It seems to be the latest rage in movies...to have jerky-action shots. Personally The movie has a good idea and some really seat-gripping excitement. It reminds me of Die Hard with a Vengeance but even more exciting. The plot is good with enough twists to keep everyone's interests. I have only one negative thing to say...and this is that I hate the type of camera work in this movie. It seems to be the latest rage in movies...to have jerky-action shots. Personally I think it looks amateurish and makes the watcher slightly nauseous. What a shame to do that to such an exciting film. Even with that type of photography, I would still recommend this film and have done so. I had never seen any advertising for this film and would not have gone to see it had I not looked up a synopsis of it. Expand
  12. JackM.
    May 30, 2009
    Just as I had expected, a film with a terrible actor which just seems to have been slapped together with pritt-stick!
  13. bjh
    Jun 9, 2009
    What I really don't get is... the review for this movie by Gary Goldstein. What payola-inspired trite is that?
  14. MeelaN.
    Jul 18, 2009
    This movie was just like the marine, same plot same story, boy likes girl, girl gets taken away, boy looks for girl (some action scenes), boy kicks butt, boy gets girl with no harm. they should have just called it the marine 2 and the next one marine 3 and just made it a trilogy, would have made more money.
  15. ChristopheS.
    Jul 31, 2009
    Is this the best movie ever? Definatly not, but it is entertaining. There is some good action scenes, a bit of humour so just put your brain Off, relax and enjoy.
  16. RyanS.
    Jul 3, 2009
    Sure, John Cena is a terrible actor. But what does he need to act for in a movie like this? It's pretty much solid action. Plenty of explosions and car wrecks and such. Screw acting!
  17. kgm.
    Mar 28, 2009
    At first glance, you
  18. AlexC
    Mar 31, 2009
    It's noisy, it's something........... it's another attempt by WWE to gain more money. I rate 12 rounds a 3 because it's the marine all over again using an overrated wresler as the lead role. i personaly don't think robert ebert will even rate this movie or give it his approval everything in the is pointless.
  19. DarrenG
    Jun 15, 2009
    Struggled through this movie. No actor had me convinced of their role. Cena is a long way from becoming the next action hero and needs to get away for a few years and study acting. He also needs to learn to run like an action hero, his running style is very girl like.
  20. EricB.
    Jul 19, 2009
    Let me get this straight. This movie is absolutely terrible, with an extremely derivative plot and horrible acting. But no matter how bad it is, it is a lot of fun to see. Plenty of action, some interesting twists, and enough anticipation to keep you going. Worth seeing, in my opinion, even if you're just checking out how cheesy it is.
  21. SamM.y
    Jul 26, 2009
    awful one of the worst high budget low end bummer of a movie. its not the good cheesey kind. Don't waste your time!

1. Reviewed by: Maitland McDonagh
    Cena is no Jason Statham. His stolid seriousness sucks the life right out of any scene in which he's required to speak. It's a bad sign when you repeatedly wish a runaway trolley would silence the hero.
  2. Reviewed by: Rob Nelson
    The viewer, even from a seated position, deserves a championship belt for surviving this overlong actioner.
  3. Reviewed by: Clark Collis
    You will probably find yourself praying for this duel's knock-out punch to arrive long before it actually does.