8.0

1. Nov 28, 2012
    An almost faultlessly directed, wonderfully well-acted inspirational drama, featuring a lovely soundtrack.
  2. Dec 8, 2012
    An absolutely fantastic film! A powerful, touching, and inspirational film that is truly one of a kind. Fantastically shot and brilliantly directed by Danny Boyle, this film captures what I thought could never be an intriguing story. I was so wrong! This film delivers in so many ways that I never imagined. It is undoubtedly worthy of all the praise it received. This film would have hadAn absolutely fantastic film! A powerful, touching, and inspirational film that is truly one of a kind. Fantastically shot and brilliantly directed by Danny Boyle, this film captures what I thought could never be an intriguing story. I was so wrong! This film delivers in so many ways that I never imagined. It is undoubtedly worthy of all the praise it received. This film would have had zero effectiveness had it not been for the Oscar nominated performance by James Franco. He brilliantly portrays the trapped Aron Ralston as he cycles through countless emotions. His talent and his maturity as an actor shines here; this performance solidifies him as one the best young actors today. The film also has great cinemtography and a brilliant musical score by A.R. Rahman.

As for the arm scene. You've probably heard of it. It's gory and disturbing both visually and sound wise. However, it's a brilliant part of the story that is essential to it's message, the scene is not bad when you think of it in light of what else is happening.

127 Hours...a brilliant, brilliant film. One of the best of 2010, and truly one of a kind. I absolutely recommend it!
  3. Mar 1, 2013
    One of my favorite movies of all time, amazing and thrilling adventure of life and death, with friendship and possibilities, this is the story of a brave man in attempt to discover the world of mysteries.
  4. Feb 13, 2013
    A special movie! Magnificent making of and really touching movie. Aaron survived in this dramatic situation with his dreams memories and imagination. I think that James Franco deserved here an oscar because he suited completely in this role.
  5. May 30, 2013
    "watching this movie is kinda like someone approaches you from behind and begin to chock you little by little and then he releases his hands and suddenly you take a giant breath that's give you goose bumps all over your body" original.
    this movie is just impressive and Danny Boyle blow my mind with these amazing shots and amazing visual effects some scenes were difficult to watch but Danny Boyle tried to show the picture as it is and he succeeded.
  6. Apr 23, 2013
    I thought James Franco's performance was pretty incredible. I can't imagine getting into the mindset of a man literally stuck between a rock and a hard place. As for Boyle's direction, I thought he did a good job keeping most of the scenes dynamic. That being said, some of it was a little slow, but come on, its seems like it would be tough to come up with 2 hours of nail biting contentI thought James Franco's performance was pretty incredible. I can't imagine getting into the mindset of a man literally stuck between a rock and a hard place. As for Boyle's direction, I thought he did a good job keeping most of the scenes dynamic. That being said, some of it was a little slow, but come on, its seems like it would be tough to come up with 2 hours of nail biting content when your main character can't even move. Expand
  7. Jun 13, 2013
    A good piece of work, shows us what are the real limits of a human in tough circumstances at every level of his mental changes through the chaotic situation. James Franco delivers a good, realistic performance.
  8. Mar 5, 2014
    This movie shows us how far a person would go to keep alive (it's a story of hope) and the cinematography fits to the situation. 127 Hours is a bit long for the story, but the the rest is phenomenal.
  9. Dec 22, 2014
    127 Hours is brilliant on every level. It completely immerses the viewer more effectively than I've ever seen a movie do, and offers an uplifting story that's disturbing in the best way.
  10. Mar 3, 2014
    Boyle and Franco give you a real in-depth experience into this ordeal. You feel the anguish and you feel the triumph. For what it is, it's pretty great but a few niggling qualms stop this from being exceptional.
  11. Apr 19, 2014
    James Franco did an awesome job as Aron Ralston.The director Danny Boyle also did an awesome job.For a movie of 94 minutes with only one character stuck in the desert we don't get bored. Awesome movie.
  12. Aug 16, 2014
    Although the film is incredibly predictable and some what of a bore at times , Franco provides a excellent performance and the directing is superb. The movie provides emotion but this emotion could not carry through for the whole film.
  13. Sep 5, 2014
    127 Hours is a dramatic yet uplifting movie about the will to live in an almost impossible to survive scenario.James Franco redeems himself for the original Spider-Man movies, by truly showing his capability to act.Danny Boyle gives you another based on a true movie that's absolutely brilliant and exciting.
  14. Feb 26, 2015
    Late review, but I couldn't resist. This film was clearly a challenge, and not an easy one to depict.

But, it upped Slumdog Millionaire. Boyle's direction, Dodmantle's shots, Rahman and Dido, and, of course, James Franco. The film was a complete package, and it is one of the best films I have seen. A must watch.
  15. Feb 18, 2015
    I absolutely love this movie! I think I have watched it for ten times now and I never get bored to it. Danny Boyle didn't let me down in this one either. They have really invested in making the circumstances and the equipment look the same as in the real event of Aron Ralston (I have watched YouTube-videos) and I love the way James Franco as Aron Ralston uses his engineering skills in theI absolutely love this movie! I think I have watched it for ten times now and I never get bored to it. Danny Boyle didn't let me down in this one either. They have really invested in making the circumstances and the equipment look the same as in the real event of Aron Ralston (I have watched YouTube-videos) and I love the way James Franco as Aron Ralston uses his engineering skills in the movie. The movie gives me chills every time and the sound effects and the music really describes the feelings of the main character very well. That brings me to the next point. The soundtrack. One of the best EVER I think. When watching this movie, I really forget all my own worries or they start to feel very small. It kind of feels like you are there, all alone with Aron Ralston, cheering him to keep going. Overall, I really think everyone should see this movie. Expand
  16. Feb 21, 2015
    127 the number is a pleasant one and not only that it is the first Mersene prime number i believe....seems to haunt us wherever we go...or don't go........i imagine this one is just like the one where Ryan Renolds is buried alive for the movie.....i think id rather go watch that one first so far....20 minutes in and i cant imagine what the could possibly happen for the rest of the127 the number is a pleasant one and not only that it is the first Mersene prime number i believe....seems to haunt us wherever we go...or don't go........i imagine this one is just like the one where Ryan Renolds is buried alive for the movie.....i think id rather go watch that one first so far....20 minutes in and i cant imagine what the could possibly happen for the rest of the film....Ewwch...hot dam he got the knife! takin a piss..thirsty too soon...look for his tear is nice...but it seems like hes gonna jak off down there and pause of their asses....wow and then he does...wait he doesn't .........I like that he doesn't...but im no longer routing for him Expand

1. Reviewed by: Damon Wise
    Jan 3, 2011
    A surprisingly fun, effervescent against-the-odds drama that offers an upbeat moral without the usual punishing survival-story clich├ęs. Not for the faint-hearted, mind.
  2. Reviewed by: Steve Persall
    Nov 24, 2010
    It's gory and gut-wrenching but strangely life-affirming.
  3. Reviewed by: Mike Scott
    Nov 24, 2010
    127 Hours -- just like "Slumdog Millionaire" -- is a masterful slice of four-star cinema, featuring an irresistible performance by James Franco, breathtaking cinematography, and the kind of deep, searching soul that is absent from so much of what comes out of Hollywood.