7.9

1. Nov 28, 2012
    An almost faultlessly directed, wonderfully well-acted inspirational drama, featuring a lovely soundtrack.
  2. Dec 8, 2012
    An absolutely fantastic film! A powerful, touching, and inspirational film that is truly one of a kind. Fantastically shot and brilliantly directed by Danny Boyle, this film captures what I thought could never be an intriguing story. I was so wrong! This film delivers in so many ways that I never imagined. It is undoubtedly worthy of all the praise it received. This film would have had zero effectiveness had it not been for the Oscar nominated performance by James Franco. He brilliantly portrays the trapped Aron Ralston as he cycles through countless emotions. His talent and his maturity as an actor shines here; this performance solidifies him as one the best young actors today. The film also has great cinemtography and a brilliant musical score by A.R. Rahman.

As for the arm scene. You've probably heard of it. It's gory and disturbing both visually and sound wise. However, it's a brilliant part of the story that is essential to it's message, the scene is not bad when you think of it in light of what else is happening.

127 Hours...a brilliant, brilliant film. One of the best of 2010, and truly one of a kind. I absolutely recommend it!
  3. Mar 1, 2013
    One of my favorite movies of all time, amazing and thrilling adventure of life and death, with friendship and possibilities, this is the story of a brave man in attempt to discover the world of mysteries.
  4. Feb 13, 2013
    A special movie! Magnificent making of and really touching movie. Aaron survived in this dramatic situation with his dreams memories and imagination. I think that James Franco deserved here an oscar because he suited completely in this role.
  5. May 30, 2013
    "watching this movie is kinda like someone approaches you from behind and begin to chock you little by little and then he releases his hands and suddenly you take a giant breath that's give you goose bumps all over your body" original.
    this movie is just impressive and Danny Boyle blow my mind with these amazing shots and amazing visual effects some scenes were difficult to watch but
    Danny Boyle tried to show the picture as it is and he succeeded. Expand
  6. Apr 23, 2013
    I thought James Franco's performance was pretty incredible. I can't imagine getting into the mindset of a man literally stuck between a rock and a hard place. As for Boyle's direction, I thought he did a good job keeping most of the scenes dynamic. That being said, some of it was a little slow, but come on, its seems like it would be tough to come up with 2 hours of nail biting content when your main character can't even move. Expand
  7. Jun 13, 2013
    A good piece of work, shows us what are the real limits of a human in tough circumstances at every level of his mental changes through the chaotic situation. James Franco delivers a good, realistic performance.
  8. Mar 5, 2014
    This movie shows us how far a person would go to keep alive (it's a story of hope) and the cinematography fits to the situation. 127 Hours is a bit long for the story, but the the rest is phenomenal.
  9. Mar 8, 2014
    Despite its simplicity, 127 Hours is a masterpiece in every sense of the word. Its raw power, emotion, pain, fear, tension, beauty, and ability to do so much with so little lock it in as the way a film ought to be made. This movie made me thirsty, tired, and for lack of a better word, bored. (Not to imply the movie is boring, rather that I feel the same anguish in boredom as Aaron does.) I felt rock dust on me. When it rained, I felt every drop. My arm went slightly numb, and by the films end, it hurt like hell. You think I'm exaggerating. I'm not. If Danny Boyle can do this on a small scale, with an actor, a rock, and a couple of props, whose to say that in the future, we wont see this type of raw power built into a much higher budget film? An action-packed historical epic that achieves such immersion sounds like the ultimate artistic experience. 127 Hours unlocks the potential of perfection in the film industry. For doing so, it is legendary.
    In addition to all the artsy BS I just spouted, 127 Hours is acted well, is entertaining to watch, is uplifting, and couldn't give a better sense of what the real Aaron Ralston felt like. It feels like Hollywood, you say? Yes, and I suppose Water Lilies is a bad painting because it feels too Monet-ish. No. Film ought to be power. This is just that. Watch it. Now.
  10. Mar 3, 2014
    Boyle and Franco give you a real in-depth experience into this ordeal. You feel the anguish and you feel the triumph. For what it is, it's pretty great but a few niggling qualms stop this from being exceptional.
  11. Apr 19, 2014
    James Franco did an awesome job as Aron Ralston.The director Danny Boyle also did an awesome job.For a movie of 94 minutes with only one character stuck in the desert we don't get bored. Awesome movie.

1. Reviewed by: Damon Wise
    Jan 3, 2011
    A surprisingly fun, effervescent against-the-odds drama that offers an upbeat moral without the usual punishing survival-story clich├ęs. Not for the faint-hearted, mind.
  2. Reviewed by: Steve Persall
    Nov 24, 2010
    It's gory and gut-wrenching but strangely life-affirming.
  3. Reviewed by: Mike Scott
    Nov 24, 2010
    127 Hours -- just like "Slumdog Millionaire" -- is a masterful slice of four-star cinema, featuring an irresistible performance by James Franco, breathtaking cinematography, and the kind of deep, searching soul that is absent from so much of what comes out of Hollywood.