8.1

1. Sep 8, 2012
    127 Hours is a fine film. That said, once you've seen it there is nothing to really draw you back. I enjoyed the respectable performance from James Franco and Danny Boyle's sharp directing. And that tendon tweaking scene... OOooowwwwww!
  2. Nov 9, 2011
    127 Hours is good, but I was disappointed. The acting was good, but there were some parts in the film that I thought were a bit stupid. The film could have been better.
  3. Nov 25, 2010
    This is a well made movie given the limits of the story. Unfortunately, this is not a story that really interested me. My rating is biased by that. Boyle is a great director and I applaud his work. The film did spark a heated theological debate between the three of us who saw it. The Christian among us thought that God saved him. The Buddhist among us thought that his misfortune was causedThis is a well made movie given the limits of the story. Unfortunately, this is not a story that really interested me. My rating is biased by that. Boyle is a great director and I applaud his work. The film did spark a heated theological debate between the three of us who saw it. The Christian among us thought that God saved him. The Buddhist among us thought that his misfortune was caused by his lack of connection or respect for nature. The agnostic who is yours truly thought that God did not have anything to do with the boulder falling on him or his cutting off his arm. I saw it as a random event. Expand
  4. Jan 31, 2011
    This was pretty interesting bio-pic!!! I couldn't image going through something like this!!! Even though this film felt a little "Hollywood" in spots, it still was great story. Also a great performance by James Franco.
  5. Aug 16, 2014
    Although the film is incredibly predictable and some what of a bore at times , Franco provides a excellent performance and the directing is superb. The movie provides emotion but this emotion could not carry through for the whole film.
  6. Jan 25, 2011
    A simple one line movie. I only enjoyed the last 5 min of it thats where the juice is rest the movie is as straight as a line, no twist totally predictable. I guess this is not the sort of work that on expects from such a distinctive director. From my perspective wasting your time just to watch the 70 min of the movie which only contain a person trying to free himself is not thatA simple one line movie. I only enjoyed the last 5 min of it thats where the juice is rest the movie is as straight as a line, no twist totally predictable. I guess this is not the sort of work that on expects from such a distinctive director. From my perspective wasting your time just to watch the 70 min of the movie which only contain a person trying to free himself is not that attractive. In one word.. Boring Expand

1. Reviewed by: Damon Wise
    Jan 3, 2011
    A surprisingly fun, effervescent against-the-odds drama that offers an upbeat moral without the usual punishing survival-story clich├ęs. Not for the faint-hearted, mind.
  2. Reviewed by: Steve Persall
    Nov 24, 2010
    It's gory and gut-wrenching but strangely life-affirming.
  3. Reviewed by: Mike Scott
    Nov 24, 2010
    127 Hours -- just like "Slumdog Millionaire" -- is a masterful slice of four-star cinema, featuring an irresistible performance by James Franco, breathtaking cinematography, and the kind of deep, searching soul that is absent from so much of what comes out of Hollywood.