7.9

1. Mar 8, 2014
    Despite its simplicity, 127 Hours is a masterpiece in every sense of the word. Its raw power, emotion, pain, fear, tension, beauty, and ability to do so much with so little lock it in as the way a film ought to be made. This movie made me thirsty, tired, and for lack of a better word, bored. (Not to imply the movie is boring, rather that I feel the same anguish in boredom as Aaron does.) I felt rock dust on me. When it rained, I felt every drop. My arm went slightly numb, and by the films end, it hurt like hell. You think I'm exaggerating. I'm not. If Danny Boyle can do this on a small scale, with an actor, a rock, and a couple of props, whose to say that in the future, we wont see this type of raw power built into a much higher budget film? An action-packed historical epic that achieves such immersion sounds like the ultimate artistic experience. 127 Hours unlocks the potential of perfection in the film industry. For doing so, it is legendary.
    In addition to all the artsy BS I just spouted, 127 Hours is acted well, is entertaining to watch, is uplifting, and couldn't give a better sense of what the real Aaron Ralston felt like. It feels like Hollywood, you say? Yes, and I suppose Water Lilies is a bad painting because it feels too Monet-ish. No. Film ought to be power. This is just that. Watch it. Now.
  2. Mar 5, 2014
    This movie shows us how far a person would go to keep alive (it's a story of hope) and the cinematography fits to the situation. 127 Hours is a bit long for the story, but the the rest is phenomenal.
  3. Mar 1, 2013
    One of my favorite movies of all time, amazing and thrilling adventure of life and death, with friendship and possibilities, this is the story of a brave man in attempt to discover the world of mysteries.
  4. Feb 13, 2013
    A special movie! Magnificent making of and really touching movie. Aaron survived in this dramatic situation with his dreams memories and imagination. I think that James Franco deserved here an oscar because he suited completely in this role.
  5. Nov 28, 2012
    An almost faultlessly directed, wonderfully well-acted inspirational drama, featuring a lovely soundtrack.
  6. Nov 20, 2012
    One of the best films I have ever seen. If you didnt like it its because you didnt get it, and because you are completely retarded. Knowing the premise of the film gives you absolutely no idea as to what this film is actually about.
  7. May 8, 2012
    127 hours
    It starts out energetic. The pulsating music, the whispering lyrics, all high energy getting you ready for what turns out to be a rather quiet movie. The character of Aron Ralston, played with such intensity from the always enjoyable James Franco, is running around gathering equipment. His phone rings and he doesnâ
  8. Mar 31, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This is a 9/10 movie. Well acted. James Franco does a good job.score is good and so is the story. There are a few parts where it just seems weird and stupid, but that's rarely. The story of survival is just great. Overall, this a good movie, that shows never give up, never surrender. Expand
  9. Mar 24, 2012
    I am not affraid to say 127 hours is better than Slumdog Millionaie. This film by Danny Boyle is a masterful slice of 4 star cinema. James Franco is remarkable and without the usual cliches of survival movies. the movie's ending is emotional with its moral of to never give up and to think about the ones you love most.
  10. Mar 23, 2012
    This is a deeply moving film. It is one of those films that can change your life when you watch it, and that my friends, it what makes a movie truely great.
  11. Mar 17, 2012
    Danny Boyle has created a truely amazing film. You would think that a film almost entirely set in small hole wouldn't work but thanks to Danny Boyle's brilliant direction and James Franco's amazing performance, I could not take my eyes away from the film the whole time it lasted, and yes even during the amputation scene. It did loose momentum slightly around the middle of the film but it more than made up for it with such an inspiring final act that you will remember for a long time. It's not for everyone but if it remotely interests you, watch it, i'm sure you will not be disappointed. Expand
  12. Feb 5, 2012
    Combining Danny Boyle's inspired directing with a stand-out performance from James Franco, "127 Hours" is a harrowing, heartfelt but uplifting experience.
  13. Nov 15, 2011
    A memorable movie that might leave a cringing mark on your soul. A survival movie at its best based on a true story and what makes it even better is the authenticity of the movie.
  14. Oct 17, 2011
    127 Hours is one of the best drama film I've seen in years! I really can't say much probably because there's so much to tell but I will say that you may want to prepare yourself into a very graphical scene during the film.
  15. Sep 26, 2011
    With bizarre cinematography and a talk show like environment, what Danny Boyle announces to the audience in "127 Hours" is not James Franco as the winner (Still, he was cool). He presents to us that, between all those blood, sweat, and urine spilled, its the perseverance of man that claims victory.
  16. j30
    Sep 20, 2011
    This is a fantastic movie of survival and how far humans will go to survive. I was impressed with Danny Boyle's direction and James Franco's heroic performance.
  17. Sep 5, 2011
    You know what this movie is about. If the premise of it interests you, the movie will deliver exactly what you are expecting out of it. It is intense, raw, and intimate, and the direction is fantastic. It is so perfectly pieced together in such a way that allows the viewer to feel like he or she is there too. The viewer starts to feel the same emotions as James Franco's character feels. That is due in no small part to his acting skills. Colin Firth deserved his Oscar this year, but I wouldn't have been upset if James got it instead. The music is also brilliant. The variety of musical styles featured within the score mirrors the variety of emotions that are expressed throughout this movie, and all of that comes together brilliantly. This was easily one of my two or three favorite movies of the year. Expand
  18. Aug 27, 2011
    Exhilarating,life-affirming and provocative.127 hours is probably the best movie of the year.James Franco gives a tour-de-force performance and Danny Boyle offers the perfect amount of kinetic energy to compliment the harrowing story.However the humanity and bravery of Ralston are never lost within the hyper-active scenes nor are they over-the-top in the reflective ones.Boyle has crafted a visually stunning,gut-wrenchingly visceral and unforgettable movie.I'm sure this story of human strength against all the odds will continue to inspire and entertain for years. Expand
  19. Aug 26, 2011
    Only a filmmaker as frenetic and joyous as Danny Boyle could have created a film so lively on a stale narrative, and a film as disgusting as it is powerfully life-affirming.
  20. Aug 13, 2011
    Never before has a movie made me so emotional. You feel as if you're with Aaron Ralston the whole time, feeling his pain and everything he is going through. I swear I cried a river.
  21. Jun 11, 2011
    Visually engaging, emotionally gripping, strangely aesthetically pleasing and has a bizarre feel-good factor towards the end. Danny Boyle has shown that he is still a master at his craft and James Franco has cemented himself as a credible actor and star.
  22. May 31, 2011
    Fantastic film! Amazing story! Franco gives the best performance of his career to date! Boyle is a masterful director and knows how to make a film resonate with his audience. Indeed, this is a tough film to watch, but an incredibly uplifting one as well.
  23. May 6, 2011
    When Danny Boyle said that this movie was uplifting, I could not predict how right he was. The music adds so many feelings (mainly happiness) and the fantastic performance by Franco who I don't normally like but could watch over and over in this movie. To sum it up you leave the cinema with a smile that means you di not waste your money and that you just saw a great film.
  24. Apr 10, 2011

I have been wanting to see this movie for a while, it had an interesting premise and it starred James Franco. Who could resist? I especially couldn't resist after the praise it got and the nominations at the Academy Awards.

So I finally had some spare time to watch it with my girl. I'll say straight out that I did enjoy it, a
    lot. But..it still had some problems to me. Well actually only one minor problem. I found the story to progress kind of slowly, I mean I know that the whole movie essentially is him stuck under a rock so not much can go on but hey the movie Buried is sort of the same thing and they kept the pace going high strung throughout. But I guess I can forgive the slow pace as they used their time in other ways. You really feel for the guy as he evaluates what he has on him and how he tries to get out and eventually does. So in that sense you really get the feel that you are him, trying everything in your mind to get out and having to conserve food and water as well.

Like I said, minor problem. But to me what made this movie so great was the cinematography. They did an awesome job with it. From the scenes were he is dreaming up scenarios, to where he is hallucinating things, to how they set up a camera in his camalbak and you could see the water flow, to how they did three panels to show different scenes and dreams at once. This was all great and really gave a scale for the movie and further exemplified what was going through his mind.

Great movie, must see!
  25. Mar 12, 2011
    "Intense , Brilliant , one of the most spectacular and powerful films you will ever seen , about a man stuck between a rock and a hard place , boldly goes where no film has gone before , dare you not to be moved or Touch this film just cracked one of my fav movies of all time!" .. A++
  26. Mar 5, 2011
    I've seen this twice in the past week, I've watched a lot of documentary footage about the real Aron Ralston, and I have "Between a Rock and a Hard Place" requested from my local library. I can't stop thinking about this incredible story. The movie is absolutely amazing - enjoyable and exceptionally well made. Bravo, Danny Boyle. And James Franco's performance is so realistic and on point it's almost impossible to keep a straight face while watching - I found myself cringing, holding onto the edge of my seat even though I well knew what was going to happen, crying and grinning ear to ear when he finally found himself free. The amputation scene was gruesome, but totally necessary (and actually tastefully done, or as tastefully as an impromptu amputation with a blunt instrument can be). All in all a great story of the feats humanity can accomplish when truly tested. Expand
  27. Mar 5, 2011
    James Franco's acting is exceptionally believable in this film. Even though he is primarily the only character throughout the film, which could draw comparisons to "Cast Away" and "I Am Legend", there is never a dull moment in the film. This can be credited to Franco's fine acting skills and to Danny Boyle's creative and taught directing style. Boyle knows just how long to let a scene run before he moves onto the next intriguing sequence, he knows the focus is on Aron Ralston's (James Franco's character) dilema, but he never reverts to Ralston just screaming and swearing at the end of every scene. Ralston has emotional flashbacks and some funny comments in the film, which caught me off gaurd because his situation was anything but funny. There are some bloody scenes, but they were more like doctor's office bloody than "Saw" bloody; plus within the context of the film (assuming you have a strong stomach) they are not unbearable and do not feel forced or unnecessary. The movie only runs for and hour and a half, but it was probably one of the most powerful survival films I have ever seen. In the end, it is a testimony to the power of relationships and the preciousness of life. 10/10 SS Expand
  28. Mar 1, 2011
    After seeing this film I was impressed by how James Franco captivated my interest and even made me cry. Is not easy watching a film in which is there is only one person, accompanied by flashbacks and illusions. But I have to say it was brutally amazing. How the tension, desperation, and sadness reflects on one person thinking he is going to die for shore and the end is spectacular, I really couldn't expect more of it. This is definitely one of the best movies I have ever seen. Expand
  29. Feb 16, 2011
    Ah, 90 minutes of pure enjoyment. acting, directing, whole package. creepy movie with soul, thats all that is needed to say. must see, 10 points without hesitation, thats what movies are all about.
  30. Feb 8, 2011
    This is probably the best movie I have seen this year. It is absolutely amazing!!! It is a masterpiece. Once the movie starts you don't want it to ever end. Danny Boyle really did a amazing job on this one. And actor James Franco did a outstanding job. Overall I can't find really any flaws. Great movie!!! Go see it.
  31. Feb 2, 2011
    The film is so deliciously entertaining and so real that your eyes never wonder off the screen, you experiancing aarons pain and what he learns about his life, from academy award winner Danny boyle, a director who tries to make his movies so endearing and watchable-and succseeds admirably.
  32. Lyn
    Jan 30, 2011
    Certainly merits its place in the Amazing True Stories category. James Franco earns his Oscar nomination with a terrific performance in a story that's even more narrowly focused than Tom Hanks's was in "Castaway." I'm sure I squeezed my eyes shut a few times, but along with the stomach-churning intensity there also are times of humor and great beauty. I especially liked the way Danny Boyle handles the moments when Aron contemplates death and his (inevitable) misgivings -- they are touching without being heavy-handed or preachy. Collapse
  33. Jan 28, 2011
    Unbelievable. I'm absolutely speechless. The viewer is witness to Aron's disintegration over time perfectly. Conceptually, this movie had the makings of a boring story. It was anything but. I was riveted each minute.
  34. Jan 26, 2011
    Better than Slumdog Millionaire, it isn't 'just a guy stuck in a rock for the whole film', the acting from Franco, as well as the struggle he faces and the time he reflects upon his decisions, is brilliantly well conceived. The music from A.J Rahman is completely immaculate for the setting, and hearing Bill Wither's 'Lovely Day' is one of the few times irony has been used so effectively in recent film-making. I was shocked that Danny Boyle wasn't nominated for an Academy Award, because this surpasses his previous film. To me, it's fantastic. Expand
  35. Jan 17, 2011
    masterpiece!!!! incredible acting and directing... when the boulder first landed on his arm I thought "what now... we still have an hour left". Very creative, th only thing is that it should have gotten a wider release.
  36. Jan 7, 2011
    What a true inspiring movie based on the mountain climber named Aron Ralston (played by James Franco), witch is arm got trapped by a fallen bolder in an isolated canyon in Utah. The next days, he goes throw misery will trying to escape, also reviewing his life and express his deep feeling to his love ones by filming himself. Wow, I gotta say, this is one outstanding movie ! All the emotions and expressions are so realistic and true, even the story itself. You don't need millions of effects to make a good movie. '' 127 Hours '' proves it. An Oscar worthy right here, thanks to the performance of James Franco. It's also well written and directed of course. Definitely a must see ! Expand
  37. Jan 6, 2011
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. My waiting to see this film started when i heard it mentioned on a podcast i listen to. Straight away i was in. I must of watched the trailer one hundred times, it was like music to me. I was a big fan of buried so i pretty much knew i would like this film as well. James Franco is always a fave of mine and he did pretty much everything right in this movie. I found it sum what surprising that slumdog millionaire was called the feel good movie of the year to me this was a million times more feel good than Boyles previous film ever was. It made me appreciate life. Like Buried i got choked up a bit but unlike buried i was cheering at the end knowing he was finally free. Expand
  38. Jan 4, 2011
    In the end, Boyle and Franco create a masterpiece. â
  39. Dec 30, 2010
    127 Hours is a fantastically flawless film. Director Danny Boyle has brought us from the zombie infested streets of London to the slum-filled streets of Mumbai, combining stellar acting and outstanding stories to create a unique experience with each. With 127 Hours, he uses those same aspects but in turn creates an absolutely cherishable film that manages to stick with you long after the first viewing. The plot involves the true story of Aron Ralston (James Franco) who, while hiking solo in the deserts of Utah, managed to find his way into a crevice where his arm became pinned against a rock wall by a large boulder. 5 days after the incident, he manages to finally amputate his arm with a dull knife and tries to find a way to escape the hellish conditions of the desert. During that 5 day period, Aron manages to scramble through his bad past memories with his father, mother, sister, and his girlfriend and he tries to figure out what problems occurred with each of them, and if he was able to fix them at the time. He also tries to stay alive as best as possible through various events that test his remaining strength. The climax which is both shocking and upsetting, truly resembles what a man would put himself through in order to survive the inevitable. The finished product is so relentlessly breathtaking that you're literally at a loss of words when the credits roll by. Danny Boyle's directing is top-notch that include scenes of the beautiful Utahan deserts to the jaw dropping visuals of the graphic amputation scene that combines itself with ear piercing music that signifies that pain and agony of the whole act. Boyle makes it feel as if the audience is also trapped with Ralston, helping him fight as a means of survival and feeling each emotion he experiences. The film takes the majority of its time in the crevice with the boulder, but it releases the tension of the aspect by showing the flashbacks with Ralston's loved ones, which are actually always welcomed to help steer away from the incoming doom that Ralston will likely have to face. James Franco is simply phenomenal. Never have I ever witnessed an actor portray a character as broken, emotional, and as hurt as James Franco has. His flawless and beautiful performance is definitely Oscar worthy, if that. The story flows quickly and steadily, never jumping ahead or back at a pace that's difficult to follow. Its climax is a hard one to come by and you'll be able to tell of Ralston's coming doom as he takes his first steps into the deep crevice. 127 Hours is a incredibly flawless film. Its location is beautiful to the occasion of Ralston's predicament, ironically. Its directing is superb with its lingering camera angles and fast paced cuts. Finally, James Franco's performance is indeed one for the books and you'll become more and more attached to the character of Aron Ralston over time. 127 Hours is a beautifully written and beautifully shot film that pushes the limits and delivers one tour de force that's unlikely to be forgotten. Expand
  40. Dec 26, 2010
    Franco is revelatory in what might be the year's finest performance. Boyle's style is very clearly infused into all aspects of the film, but ultimately its story is what makes it truly worthwhile.
  41. Dec 12, 2010
    Althought this film mainly sustains itself by the editor's work, James Franco delivers the performance of a lifetime. Finally Boyle's versatility has paid off.
  42. Dec 8, 2010
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Aron Ralston(James Franco) wasn't always a loner, the anomic man we see shouting "me, the music, and the night" as he rides toward the Utah mountains, on a bike, all by his lonesome and loving it. Aron's solitary trek to Bluejohn is juxtaposed against shots that depict large masses of people which preceded his frenzied peddling into oblivion. He's running away from something. But what? The free spirit can't hardly wait to leave civilization behind, preferring the outback to the city, and the people who reside there, and possibly, the people who don't reside there anymore. How Aron got to this extremity is a mystery. That's the heart of "127 Hours", which is adapted from his 2004 memoir "A Rock and a Hard Place". The flashbacks that the film provides calculatingly leaves out the particulars which would account for his solitary ways. Aron is avoiding something painful. The narrative that his reflections form leaves a lot to the imagination. When the self-proclaimed superhero isn't musing over the mother he ignores, interspersed with fantasies about food and drink, and, of course, escape, the suddenly thoughtful man reminisces about the relationship he had carelessly abdicated from. Aron fixates on the moment after sex, not the sex itself, since by all appearances, sex no longer interests him(the two hikers, played by Amber Tamblyn and Kate Mara, go unmolested), but perhaps, intimacy does, in which he remembers a woman's touch at the same time an ant traverses over the same cheek as that fingertip. As Aron brushes off the offending insect, perhaps, the error of his ways(loving nature more than people) finally dawns on him, realizing too late that this love for the outdoors can't be reciprocated. The dismissal of the ant is representational of the way he brushed aside his college girlfriend, who he first locked eyes with, ironically enough, in an area dense with warm bodies, a car crammed full of young libertines, stripping down to nothing with the snow falling just outside their fogged-up windows. Aron's memories are selective ones, but the moviegoer can hazard a guess as to to how this seemingly normal man, so at ease in mixed company, packed like sardines, could end up feeling estranged from the crowd at a basketball game. Aron entered that arena as part of a couple, but he left alone, and presumably, has been single from that moment on. What happened? Although the father is referred to at the outset of "The King of Comedy"-inspired interview that Aron conducts with himself, the elder Ralston is, more than likely, dead, since the father figures only in his childhood reflections, and ultimately, gets no final "I love you" from the prodigal son during that last entry in his video log. Something changed the trajectory of Aron's life, a galvanizing event that led him to the outback, but the filmmaker shrewdly withholds the particulars behind this fundamental transmutation in the man through omission. Like Scooby-Doo(seen twice in the film), the moviegoer is confronted with a mystery, a solvable one, because the clues provided by Aron's psyche indicates a familial tragedy. Quite pointedly, he tells the girls, "Can't take off my face," like all those Scooby-Doo villains who were unmasked at the end of every episode. They weren't monsters, after all, but Aron is, that's how he feels. When he leaves the two hikers, one of them says, "I don't think we figured in his day at all," and she's probably right. Aron is f*cking the pain away. In a sense, he's f*cking the rock formation. Penetrating the cut, Aron runs his hand across the flat surfaces as if he was caressing skin. All that touching, though, comes back to bite him. Arguably, the boulder that traps his hand can be construed as a metaphor for "vagina dentata", the toothed vagina myth. Humiliated by the rock formation's rebuffing of his overtures, Aron gets ready to utilize the free hand on himself as revenge sex against nature, but because he's a gentleman at heart, the spurned lover turns off the video camera, in which a freeze-frame of some prime cleavage would have served as his inspiration. This lust, however, makes him human again. Aron is over the mountain. She's a biter. Expand
  43. Dec 7, 2010
    127 Hours is a film that defines connection. The message is similar to that of Into the Wild, Sean Penn's masterpiece, but this film has Danny Boyle and more importantly James Franco's amazing touch added on it. The editing, the style, are both beautifully attached to overarching story. The use of flashback although with minimal images was brilliantly played out and brought everything together. This movie is a must see, there are very few films that I have seen this year that I would say that for as well. James Franco's portrayal of Aron is enough to go see this movie. The last 10 minutes are some of the most epic and was unbelievably well done. My overall view is GO SEE THIS MOVIE, there aren't very many comparable out right now like this. Expand
  44. Dec 6, 2010
    In the past 16 years he's made Shallow Grave, Trainspotting, The Beach, 28 Days Later, Millions, Sunshine, Slumdog Millionaire, and now 127 Hours. Danny Boyle is not human, he is the God of Cinema! In my lifetime I thought I would never see another Kubrick, I was wrong. Boyle is Kubrick on speed. I only wish I could be around for his entire career as I was priviledged to be with Kubrick, but to quote Warren Zevon - "Enjoy every sandwich" I will Mr. Boyle, I will. Expand
  45. Dec 5, 2010
    Surreal movie with a nearly flawless performance by Franco. The magic of the book was captured in gripping detail. Inspiring and beautiful to watch. Really no negative criticisms. Simply divine.
  46. Dec 4, 2010
    Excellent story. Beautifully shot. Great acting by James Franco. Uplifting theme. Very, very intense. The guy the seat next to me passed out from the intensity. Not for the squeamish.
  47. Dec 1, 2010
    Danny Boyle's filmmaking skills turn a relatively static situation into dynamic cinema. This film is based on the true story of Aron Ralston (played by James Franco), who was hiking alone in Utah, when his arm got trapped under a bolder. To keep it involving, his attempts to free himself are intercut with his survival efforts, flashes of imagination, and even humor. The exceptional editing and Franco's compelling performance solidify the effect. The self-amputation scene isn't so harrowing that it should keep you away. Expand
  48. Nov 29, 2010
    Ask yourself before going into this film, am I prepare to watch a guy cutting off his arm (slowly), am I prepare to see James Franco face throughout the entire film? Well, if you're not, see it anyways. Directed by Danny Boyle and starring James Franco, 127 Hours is really another masterpiece after Boyle's Slumdog Millionare. With flashy images and colors, Danny Boyle's style is showing up more in his films. 127 Hours is about a guy cutting off his arm. That is the plot, basic and simple. Aron Ralston is a hardcore biker who loves to climb and one day, just as you predicts, he got trapped. Being stuck in between a rock for 5 days with limited food, little water, no heat, and no restroom can really change a person's point of view. Seeing how he survives the five days feels like I'm watching a camping film. But 127 Hours is more than that, it has this hidden feeling that you feel bad for this guy. With his charming personality, James Franco was able to portray Aron Ralston accurately. This guy was really funny throughout the film even though he had to cut off his own hand. But whenever the movie focuses on how Aron survives, it becomes a movie about survival. This film is strictly about the art of cutting one's hand. 127 Hours gathers all the style of Danny Boyle and put it all together. And with James Franco playing the lead, it couldn't have been better. Expand
  49. Nov 29, 2010
    I like to judge movies based on how long after the credits I am still thinking about the film. I saw this nearly two weeks ago and I still cannot wait to see it again. Danny Boyle really pulls out all the stops for this one as a fusion of style and story that make the film far more entertaining than it should be. You may know the ending before you see it, but you have know idea of the journey that will take you there. Expand
  50. Nov 27, 2010
    This is a really good movie and the movie and James Franco deserve nominations. It's beautifully shot and captures the full experience. This is a hard movie to sit through in some parts and the "cutting off of the arm" scene doesn't help. My only problem is that this movie is based on a man who did an unbelievably stupid thing and it was a freak accident. This is a bit of a problem because even though he made it out alive the movie portrays him as more af a hero. This isn't entirely bad, but this is just my take on it. Still, go see the movie. You won't regret it. Expand
  51. Nov 27, 2010
    Visually compelling with a stunning acting performance by Franco. He plays an average American, a outdoor jock, self absorbed, funny, foolish, smart, passionate, young, and yes heroic. it is a raw story but done glossy, moving, dramatic, and tastefully gory. A risky gut wrenching scene that well scare away the faint of heart, pity though., Finally, one powerfully emotional ending that soared.
  52. Nov 20, 2010
    Incredible story. Incredible performance. Franco is automatically an Oscar contender, if not winner, with this one. A testimony to the human spirit and will to survive. Glad we saw it at the theater.
  53. Nov 19, 2010
    Not too many movies have moved me quite like this one. This film mainly deals with the psychological roller coaster that Aron Ralston was forced to ride and not necessarily on actual escape. It forces you to examine how you might handle this horrific experience, which can be quite disturbing as there are really no good options. Careful if you have a weak stomach. Many in the theater were taking a break outside the door, ghost white and sweaty. Expand
  54. Nov 18, 2010
    Surely one of the best films of the year, Boyle's effort I believe is a triumphant and revolutionary new take in film of a person that is in complete solitude, an upbeat soundtrack and by blending fear, tension, and humor all into one. I think that probably what is the most moving though is that this film is able to take hold of you and when you're let go in the end; the only thing you can think of is that you are just glad to be alive. Expand
  55. Nov 15, 2010
    What an inspirational story. I had high hopes for this movie, and it delivered. Anyone not seeing this film because of the "money shot" needs to see it. Yes, it happens and is necessary, but it doesn't dominate the film. It truly puts your trivial daily problems in perspective. Franco is outstanding, and Danny Boyle delivers yet again.
  56. Nov 6, 2010
    RyanGee and many reviewers have pinpointed the reason this film will be so successful and a contender for the Oscars. Add equal parts of Danny Boyle's energetic concept, cinematography, editing and Rahman's music, stir and splash in a hefty portion of James Franco's incredible acting chops. I consider this to be part of the upper tier of 2010's top 10.

1. Reviewed by: Damon Wise
    Jan 3, 2011
    A surprisingly fun, effervescent against-the-odds drama that offers an upbeat moral without the usual punishing survival-story clich├ęs. Not for the faint-hearted, mind.
  2. Reviewed by: Steve Persall
    Nov 24, 2010
    It's gory and gut-wrenching but strangely life-affirming.
  3. Reviewed by: Mike Scott
    Nov 24, 2010
    127 Hours -- just like "Slumdog Millionaire" -- is a masterful slice of four-star cinema, featuring an irresistible performance by James Franco, breathtaking cinematography, and the kind of deep, searching soul that is absent from so much of what comes out of Hollywood.