7.9

1. Aug 16, 2014
    Although the film is incredibly predictable and some what of a bore at times , Franco provides a excellent performance and the directing is superb. The movie provides emotion but this emotion could not carry through for the whole film.
  2. Apr 19, 2014
    James Franco did an awesome job as Aron Ralston.The director Danny Boyle also did an awesome job.For a movie of 94 minutes with only one character stuck in the desert we don't get bored. Awesome movie.
  3. Mar 8, 2014
    Despite its simplicity, 127 Hours is a masterpiece in every sense of the word. Its raw power, emotion, pain, fear, tension, beauty, and ability to do so much with so little lock it in as the way a film ought to be made. This movie made me thirsty, tired, and for lack of a better word, bored. (Not to imply the movie is boring, rather that I feel the same anguish in boredom as Aaron does.) I felt rock dust on me. When it rained, I felt every drop. My arm went slightly numb, and by the films end, it hurt like hell. You think I'm exaggerating. I'm not. If Danny Boyle can do this on a small scale, with an actor, a rock, and a couple of props, whose to say that in the future, we wont see this type of raw power built into a much higher budget film? An action-packed historical epic that achieves such immersion sounds like the ultimate artistic experience. 127 Hours unlocks the potential of perfection in the film industry. For doing so, it is legendary.
    In addition to all the artsy BS I just spouted, 127 Hours is acted well, is entertaining to watch, is uplifting, and couldn't give a better sense of what the real Aaron Ralston felt like. It feels like Hollywood, you say? Yes, and I suppose Water Lilies is a bad painting because it feels too Monet-ish. No. Film ought to be power. This is just that. Watch it. Now.
  4. Mar 5, 2014
    This movie shows us how far a person would go to keep alive (it's a story of hope) and the cinematography fits to the situation. 127 Hours is a bit long for the story, but the the rest is phenomenal.
  5. Mar 3, 2014
    Boyle and Franco give you a real in-depth experience into this ordeal. You feel the anguish and you feel the triumph. For what it is, it's pretty great but a few niggling qualms stop this from being exceptional.
  6. Aug 5, 2013
    127 Hours 7/10........................................................................................................................................
  7. Jul 14, 2013
    Although i didn't like the sadism for cutting his hand, I like the plot and the story. And it's truly inspire me to appreciate life that been given by God for me. This film shows great hard work to escape the danger and it pays by the result. Great movie!
  8. Jun 13, 2013
    A good piece of work, shows us what are the real limits of a human in tough circumstances at every level of his mental changes through the chaotic situation. James Franco delivers a good, realistic performance.
  9. May 30, 2013
    "watching this movie is kinda like someone approaches you from behind and begin to chock you little by little and then he releases his hands and suddenly you take a giant breath that's give you goose bumps all over your body" original.
    this movie is just impressive and Danny Boyle blow my mind with these amazing shots and amazing visual effects some scenes were difficult to watch but
    Danny Boyle tried to show the picture as it is and he succeeded. Expand
  10. Apr 23, 2013
    I thought James Franco's performance was pretty incredible. I can't imagine getting into the mindset of a man literally stuck between a rock and a hard place. As for Boyle's direction, I thought he did a good job keeping most of the scenes dynamic. That being said, some of it was a little slow, but come on, its seems like it would be tough to come up with 2 hours of nail biting content when your main character can't even move. Expand
  11. Mar 1, 2013
    One of my favorite movies of all time, amazing and thrilling adventure of life and death, with friendship and possibilities, this is the story of a brave man in attempt to discover the world of mysteries.
  12. Feb 13, 2013
    A special movie! Magnificent making of and really touching movie. Aaron survived in this dramatic situation with his dreams memories and imagination. I think that James Franco deserved here an oscar because he suited completely in this role.
  13. Dec 8, 2012
    An absolutely fantastic film! A powerful, touching, and inspirational film that is truly one of a kind. Fantastically shot and brilliantly directed by Danny Boyle, this film captures what I thought could never be an intriguing story. I was so wrong! This film delivers in so many ways that I never imagined. It is undoubtedly worthy of all the praise it received. This film would have had zero effectiveness had it not been for the Oscar nominated performance by James Franco. He brilliantly portrays the trapped Aron Ralston as he cycles through countless emotions. His talent and his maturity as an actor shines here; this performance solidifies him as one the best young actors today. The film also has great cinemtography and a brilliant musical score by A.R. Rahman.

As for the arm scene. You've probably heard of it. It's gory and disturbing both visually and sound wise. However, it's a brilliant part of the story that is essential to it's message, the scene is not bad when you think of it in light of what else is happening.

127 Hours...a brilliant, brilliant film. One of the best of 2010, and truly one of a kind. I absolutely recommend it!
  14. Nov 28, 2012
    An almost faultlessly directed, wonderfully well-acted inspirational drama, featuring a lovely soundtrack.
  15. Nov 20, 2012
    One of the best films I have ever seen. If you didnt like it its because you didnt get it, and because you are completely retarded. Knowing the premise of the film gives you absolutely no idea as to what this film is actually about.
  16. Nov 8, 2012
    It can't help but be a little monotonous given the location, but Boyle and Franco don't disappoint. Incredibly uplifting film that shows the human spirit's will to survive.
  17. Nov 7, 2012
    The film is original on the way it is filmed. The claustrophobic environment sucks the audience in and truly makes them feel for the hero, Franco, who's performance is undeniably good.
  18. Sep 8, 2012
    127 Hours is a fine film. That said, once you've seen it there is nothing to really draw you back. I enjoyed the respectable performance from James Franco and Danny Boyle's sharp directing. And that tendon tweaking scene... OOooowwwwww!
  19. Aug 24, 2012
    A very good film, Danny Boyle took a huge risk when under-taking a film like this straight after winning his Oscar. James Franco showed once again that he is a fantastic, versatile actor having done comedies like Pineapple Express, action films like Spider-man and now dramas too. Having to hold a film practically single-handedly is very difficult but he executes it almost to the same standard as Tom Hanks in Castaway. Definitely worth a watch but not quite up in the elite echelons of film. Expand
  20. Jun 19, 2012
    Wow. Such a mind-blowing movie. The quality of the screenplay was really good. Almost like HD-like-movie. I thought the movie flows beautifully... From how detailed what Aron saw, felt and experienced. It is almost like a real documentary show, but amazingly, turned out to be a dramatical movie. Like what Boyle described this movie; "an action movie with a guy who can't move." = precisely correct. I loved how accurate & genuine James Franco's acting was. I love how the scenes are beautifully taken. Definitely reflect nature's beauty. The climax part - where he amputated his arm was unimaginely painful, but portrayed very well by Franco. Very good film. Kudos to the whole team esp. Danny Boyle & James one-man-star Franco Expand
  21. May 8, 2012
    127 hours
    It starts out energetic. The pulsating music, the whispering lyrics, all high energy getting you ready for what turns out to be a rather quiet movie. The character of Aron Ralston, played with such intensity from the always enjoyable James Franco, is running around gathering equipment. His phone rings and he doesnâ
  22. Mar 31, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This is a 9/10 movie. Well acted. James Franco does a good job.score is good and so is the story. There are a few parts where it just seems weird and stupid, but that's rarely. The story of survival is just great. Overall, this a good movie, that shows never give up, never surrender. Expand
  23. Mar 26, 2012
    What a shame. After such a glorious win for Danny Boyle for Slumdog, this is unfortunately a piece of trash. I give credit where credit is due though. The directing style was different, and it was an unusual story from the rest of Hollywood crap. However, in the end it did nothing for me. James Franco was annoying and mediocre at best. It was dreadful to watch and the second time I saw it was worse. Expand
  24. Mar 24, 2012
    I am not affraid to say 127 hours is better than Slumdog Millionaie. This film by Danny Boyle is a masterful slice of 4 star cinema. James Franco is remarkable and without the usual cliches of survival movies. the movie's ending is emotional with its moral of to never give up and to think about the ones you love most.
  25. Mar 23, 2012
    This is a deeply moving film. It is one of those films that can change your life when you watch it, and that my friends, it what makes a movie truely great.
  26. Mar 17, 2012
    Danny Boyle has created a truely amazing film. You would think that a film almost entirely set in small hole wouldn't work but thanks to Danny Boyle's brilliant direction and James Franco's amazing performance, I could not take my eyes away from the film the whole time it lasted, and yes even during the amputation scene. It did loose momentum slightly around the middle of the film but it more than made up for it with such an inspiring final act that you will remember for a long time. It's not for everyone but if it remotely interests you, watch it, i'm sure you will not be disappointed. Expand
  27. Feb 5, 2012
    Combining Danny Boyle's inspired directing with a stand-out performance from James Franco, "127 Hours" is a harrowing, heartfelt but uplifting experience.
  28. Jan 3, 2012
    Franco's performance is believable and respectable. The natural limitations of the set and cast-of-characters meant that Boyle took some liberties to stretch the film into a feature length. Given the subject matter I'm not sure a better film could have been made but it is still not a great film, merely great for what it is.
  29. Jan 2, 2012
    Brutal, intense and sometimes too much to watch. James Franco leads this movie to safety with a mind blowing performance. I give this DISTURBING movie 84%.
  30. Nov 15, 2011
    A memorable movie that might leave a cringing mark on your soul. A survival movie at its best based on a true story and what makes it even better is the authenticity of the movie.

1. Reviewed by: Damon Wise
    Jan 3, 2011
    A surprisingly fun, effervescent against-the-odds drama that offers an upbeat moral without the usual punishing survival-story clich├ęs. Not for the faint-hearted, mind.
  2. Reviewed by: Steve Persall
    Nov 24, 2010
    It's gory and gut-wrenching but strangely life-affirming.
  3. Reviewed by: Mike Scott
    Nov 24, 2010
    127 Hours -- just like "Slumdog Millionaire" -- is a masterful slice of four-star cinema, featuring an irresistible performance by James Franco, breathtaking cinematography, and the kind of deep, searching soul that is absent from so much of what comes out of Hollywood.