7.5

1. JobA
    Feb 22, 2009
    Stephen King,Steven King-only a great mind like his could make such a great movie.I've seen this movie 4 times and still love it just as much as when I first saw it.
  2. joeh
    May 25, 2009
    Good movie, not perfect, but very very chilling. Honestly, in a world where horror movies are much better than they are now, I may not like this movie very much, but with all the crap we have to sit through, I actually enjoyed have a film really creep me out. I though the shining was mindnumbingly boring when I first watched it. I read the book and LOVED it, so I assumed the movie would Good movie, not perfect, but very very chilling. Honestly, in a world where horror movies are much better than they are now, I may not like this movie very much, but with all the crap we have to sit through, I actually enjoyed have a film really creep me out. I though the shining was mindnumbingly boring when I first watched it. I read the book and LOVED it, so I assumed the movie would be the classic it was hailed as. Turns out it was just a kid riding a trike for half an hour and some goofy close ups of shelly Duvall and Jack Nicklson. The reason I tried this movie was actually BECAUSE of the PG-13 rating; I figured if the producers felt confident releasing a horror film that wasn't an R than they must have something good. Turns out this movie is one of the best psychological thrillers I have ever seen. It was both intelligent as well relatable, without trying to hard to have a moral theme. The movie just IS scary, playing of your emotions and inner most fears, and not the visceral ones either, your REAL fears, even the ones you may not have realized you had. Of course it's not perfect, and it drags in a few spots, But the plot twists and writing (plus Cusak's performance) make for a GENUINELY scary film. I can understand why some might think the movie was a little haphazard or not fully realized (I never read the short story, so I can't comment on that), but if you don't like it because it's not a gore fest than grow an imagination and step outside your little world of superviolence for something that ACTUALLY has substance. Expand
  3. Mar 9, 2015
    A typical PG-13 horror movie consists of a bunch of dumb teenagers aimlessly running around in their film either trying (and failing) to solve some urban myth or being killed off in the least inventive ways possible. Of course you get the rare Insidious or The Ring, but for the most part, you'll end up with a movie like Ouija or One Missed Call. 1408, however, is the former. Based onA typical PG-13 horror movie consists of a bunch of dumb teenagers aimlessly running around in their film either trying (and failing) to solve some urban myth or being killed off in the least inventive ways possible. Of course you get the rare Insidious or The Ring, but for the most part, you'll end up with a movie like Ouija or One Missed Call. 1408, however, is the former. Based on Stephen King's creepy short story, 1408 is about an author named Mike Enslin (because it's not a King story if there's no author involved) who writes about haunted houses, graveyards, and the likes. He gets a mysterious letter in his mail one day that tells him "not to go to room 1408 in the Dolphin Hotel". Viewing this as a challenge, Enslin, who's played flawlessly by John Cusack, finds this hotel and gains access to the forbidden room 1408.

The horror begins before Enslin even steps into the room. As he's pacing the halls of the 14th floor, he finds himself back at an empty open elevator, as if the hotel is telling Enslin not to go into the room. Slightly confused, he finds 1408 and walks inside. Mike's first five minutes in the room is rather boring. Nothing particularly supernatural happens until his clock all of the sudden starts playing "We've Only Just Begun", and a 60 minute timer begins counting down, in response to the hotel manager who says that no one has ever lasted more than an hour in the room. The movie then becomes an increasingly terrifying, non-stop haunted house (or, in this case, haunted hotel room) ride that relentlessly scares the audiences with a growing sense of dread and a very heavy atmosphere. 1408 doesn't scare us with what does pop out; it scares us with what might pop out. If you've ever seen Oculus, this movie is similar to that, only in a hotel room.

Being based on a very short story, the structure of this movie is extremely simple. 1408 is a one-man show, and John Cusack is the star. For three-quarters of the movie, it's just him in the room witnessing all these bizarre and scary events. This movie isn't cluttered with unnecessary backstories, side-characters, or plot twists. It's a simple and effective horror movie that leaves a lingering sting. 1408 may not be as ground-breaking as Carrie or The Shining, but this movie is definitely one of the best Stephen King adaptations to date.
  4. Jan 9, 2011
    When I first heard about this Ill admit I didnt care to see it at all. But after watching it its not a bad horror/suspense movie at all. If your into horror this is diffidently a MUST watch. If you dont like horror of ghost/haunting movies you wont enjoy this at all. The images/cut scenes are awesome, the effects are legit, great cast, decent plot, you dont get to confused and pretty muchWhen I first heard about this Ill admit I didnt care to see it at all. But after watching it its not a bad horror/suspense movie at all. If your into horror this is diffidently a MUST watch. If you dont like horror of ghost/haunting movies you wont enjoy this at all. The images/cut scenes are awesome, the effects are legit, great cast, decent plot, you dont get to confused and pretty much figure it out once things start happening and the story seems to play itself out really well, solid horror movie with a good cast. Expand
  5. Apr 13, 2011
    Somewhat effective thriller with a gone-to-seed John Cusack carrying the movie pretty much alone aside from a risible walk-on appearance by Samuel L. Jackson.

Unusually successful adaptation of a Stephen King short story.
  6. Oct 12, 2011
    This film is not very scary, but it has atmosphere. John Cusack is very good in it as the skeptical protagonist who yearns for a real scare and gets it. I rooted for him throughout the film to escape the evil room that had trapped him.
  7. Dec 12, 2011
    It was ok. It took a while to really get interesting but once it did, It kept you sucked in through out the rest of the film. Solid acting as well. Just a good film overall.
  8. Apr 29, 2011
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Given that King adaptations are typically awful jokes, 1408 merits praise merely for being not abysmal. That said - it's a good little chiller that should have been great. So much is wonderful, including Cusack's droll awareness of playing the same, weary, cynical dude. The settings, the silences, the pacing - all grand, really. What goes wrong? TOO MUCH EXPOSITION, and the misleading kind. Based on the first 30 minutes, 1408 is beyond deadly. It's sadistic, vile, and very, very fast, given the self-mutilations which have occurred within it, and in mere minutes. But Cusack's experience, a few harmless phantoms aside, isn't terrifying; it's all about sadness and his personal despair. I expect more from a room that induces a maid to stab her eyes out in mere seconds.
    But - hey, it's all right. And the hotel window/ledge scenes are bloody fabulous.
  9. Oct 17, 2013
    "1408" is one of the good Stephen King adaptations, one that maintains its author's satirical view of human nature. However, it's not the script (by Matt Greenberg, Scott Alexander, and Larry Karaszewski) that deserves most of the credit. Director Mikael Hafstrom "Derailed" (2005), who fares far better here than his debut, never resorts to the cheap tricks and gruesome visuals, while"1408" is one of the good Stephen King adaptations, one that maintains its author's satirical view of human nature. However, it's not the script (by Matt Greenberg, Scott Alexander, and Larry Karaszewski) that deserves most of the credit. Director Mikael Hafstrom "Derailed" (2005), who fares far better here than his debut, never resorts to the cheap tricks and gruesome visuals, while creating scares through a suffocating sense of claustrophobia and suspense. The movie appeals to an old-fashioned sense of horror that differs from your typical slasher flicks loaded with unrelenting carnage.

Mike Enslin (John Cusack) is a professional skeptic. He makes his living by visiting supposed haunted houses and writing about the absence of ghosts. For him, room 1408 at New York's Dolphin Hotel is too good a challenge to pass up. In its nearly 100 years of existence, 56 people have died in that room. The hotel's manager (Samuel L. Jackson) advises in the strongest terms that Mike not stay there. "No one," he advises, "has lasted more than an hour." At first, Mike is not impressed by the ordinariness of the accommodations. Then strange things begin happening, and by the time he decides that checking out early might be the wisest decision, that option no longer exists.

Too often, we see a movie with a good setup ruined with a subpar ending. "1408" deftly sidesteps the pitfall, delivering a conclusion that manages not to disappoint, while at the same time leaving things open-ended enough for viewer interpretation. Most of the movie focuses on Cusack, alone in his room, trapped in an escalating environment of paranoia. He uses his good natured disposition to get the audience's acceptance, and once that's accomplished, the film has us. It's riveting to watch his cynicism and disbelief give way to the horror of what is actually happening. Despite Mike's mantra "We don't rattle, do we?" The answer is in fact, we do.
  10. LauraD.
    Jun 30, 2007
    This movie will definitely hold your attention. I love John Cusack in this movie. I would say this movie is more of a "thriller" or "suspense" movie rather than a "horror/scary" movie. Give this movie a try, you won't be disappointed.
  11. ChadS.
    Jul 5, 2007
    "1408" reimagines "Solaris"(and a little "Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind", too) as a horror film, which is to say, there is nothing in this ghost story that a sadist-in-training can copy. The most intense moment in "1408" is personal. Emotional manipulation is the only grotesquerie here. "1408" isn't scary, but at least it's not hokey like other films from the "haunted "1408" reimagines "Solaris"(and a little "Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind", too) as a horror film, which is to say, there is nothing in this ghost story that a sadist-in-training can copy. The most intense moment in "1408" is personal. Emotional manipulation is the only grotesquerie here. "1408" isn't scary, but at least it's not hokey like other films from the "haunted house" genre. The use of The Carpenters' "We've Only Just Begun" may remind some of another Stephen King adaptation, John Carpenter's "Christine", in which "Good Golly, Miss Molly" is used to create a sense of menace. It's debatable as to which musical artist is scarier: Karen Carpenter or Little Richard. "1408" is the best old-fashioned "scary movie" since "The Sixth Sense". Expand
  12. LamyaaA.
    Feb 1, 2010
    Do you know let me tell you some, this movie realy deserve 9 because you gonna use your mined like a puzzle, so trust me it is realy something eals to discover what the hiding thing and the exciting in it.
  13. JaredB.
    Oct 15, 2007
    If you like psychological thrillers, don't miss 1408. Even an hour after watching this, there are some images that I still can't get out of my head. This was a great film.
  14. EliF.
    Oct 17, 2007
    This is simply a flat-out enjoyable summer horrorfest. It's lacking in much substance or innovation, but you can't deny that the film is just a frightening pleasure to watch. This would be nothing without Cusack.
  15. DaleM.
    Jun 25, 2007
    This movie is similar in many ways to the old Twilight Zones. You never really know what's real and what isn't. If you like the slash and gore kind of scary movies, this movie isn't for you.
  16. NickV
    Jun 25, 2007
    1408 is a throwback to classic horror. A little of everything is thrown together in this movie. Hafstrom manages to stew in some Twilight Zone, Hitchcock and that classic horror feel.
  17. JamieL.
    Jun 28, 2007
    I honestly had no idea that this movie would end up being my second favorite movie in the past two years. The trailer makes it look like it could possibly be a mediocre Hollywood film. On the contrary, this film is about 95% genuine which is pretty high considering it is an American thriller. I noticed maybe two cliches in the film, and they didn't bother me very much because I was I honestly had no idea that this movie would end up being my second favorite movie in the past two years. The trailer makes it look like it could possibly be a mediocre Hollywood film. On the contrary, this film is about 95% genuine which is pretty high considering it is an American thriller. I noticed maybe two cliches in the film, and they didn't bother me very much because I was so enthralled by the quality of the rest of the film. Cusack's performance was genuine and the film would not have been nearly as good without his unique acting style. This movie got me all worked up with excitement! Afterwards when I left the theatre, someone was shot outside; I drove off pretty fast from fear. Watch 1408!!! Expand
  18. JasonS.
    Jun 29, 2007
    I walked out of the theater wondering if I'm in room 1408. this movie rocks! Cusak completely loses his mind in 1 hour.
  19. MarkJ.
    Jul 2, 2007
    This film earns a bonus point simply because it was not at all what I expected. I walked in thinking I would get a fright and/or gore -fest but insead got a well-told story about loss, grief and faith. There is more to this movie than ghosts and ghouls.
  20. JosephA.
    Jul 2, 2007
    I really liked it. I thought it was very good. Scary, creepy and interesting. Kusak was charming and believable as well as Mike Enslin. It was kind of like watching an actual nightmare you might have unfold on a movie screen. Well done.
  21. TealH.
    Jul 4, 2007
    I really appreciated the fact that someone has finally made a scary movie that isn't all blood and gore. It's refreshing to see a movie that genuinely tries to frighten its audience, not just gross them out! Sure, it wasn't perfect, but it's a hell of a lot better than the dime-a-dozen teen slashers that have passed for "horror" movies in the past decade.
  22. DonnaL.
    Jul 8, 2007
    Not many movies can make you laugh out loud, cry bitterly and cause you to shake, gasp and scream with terror, as this one did.
  23. MatanC.
    Sep 17, 2007
    1408 is a good movie, but not a good horror movie. It starts good, but around the middle of the film we understand that it's all in the protagonist Mike Enslin's (good acting by John Cusack) imagination. He's just dreaming. It's a nightmare, sure, but can he die in a dream? He can't. Only when he wakes up to believe his dreams are true, might he die. And 1408 is a good movie, but not a good horror movie. It starts good, but around the middle of the film we understand that it's all in the protagonist Mike Enslin's (good acting by John Cusack) imagination. He's just dreaming. It's a nightmare, sure, but can he die in a dream? He can't. Only when he wakes up to believe his dreams are true, might he die. And you've seen enough Stephen King adaptations to know if he will. Mikael Hafstrom is a great director with an eye for images. The melting phone, the "talking" pictures, the room looks creepy even when it's not supposed to, and the short sequence of Mike calling for help for the person in the window across the street is definitely one of the creepiest moments of 2007 horror films so far, but all of the great moments don't add up for great 94 minutes. The movie lacks the sense of danger that is so important for a good horror movie. Average with some extraordinary moments. Expand
  24. RyanD.
    Oct 22, 2007
    This movie was wonderful. I don't what the other people's problem is, except to say that have watched too much modern "horror" movies and have become desensitized. Look, the bottom line is THIS IS NOT HORROR. Which is good, because the horror movies lately have no concept story or suspense. They think good films are measured in buckets of blood and bodycount. This movie is a This movie was wonderful. I don't what the other people's problem is, except to say that have watched too much modern "horror" movies and have become desensitized. Look, the bottom line is THIS IS NOT HORROR. Which is good, because the horror movies lately have no concept story or suspense. They think good films are measured in buckets of blood and bodycount. This movie is a suspense, and it does a great job. Expand
  25. PeterJ.
    Oct 24, 2007
    Fantastic movie. One of the best scary movies I've seen in a long time. And the secondary story of his life is riveting. A must see for those of us who still have an attention span.
    Jun 21, 2007
    This movie was honestly terrifying. A Brilliant script, topped of with excellent acting make this highly entertaining horror film one hell of a ride.
  27. PaulO.
    Jun 24, 2007
    A very scary, creepy horror movie. It basically is man vs. room, and boy, that room plays dirty. May not make complete sense logically, but who cares, its a horror movie. If you feel like being frightened for a bit, go see this movie.
  28. JoshS.
    Jun 24, 2007
    It was really good horror film if u like Stephen King u will like this. If your the person who likes all that gore in horror films then u won't like this because there is not a lot of gore in this.
  29. JeffF.
    Jun 25, 2007
    Creepy and effective, not at all like the splatter films of recent years. Great performance by John Cusack.
  30. KurW.
    Jun 25, 2007
    One of the best horror movies I've seen in recent months. I really enjoyed it.
  31. mikek.
    Jul 23, 2007
    This movie really messes with you. In a good way. It was very nice to see a horror movie that wasn't gore-driven. It really had character. Michael Enslin is a truly memorable character and was brought to life very nicely thanks to Cusack's acting ability.
  32. DavidK.
    Sep 1, 2007
    Great film if you ask me, a little weird and at a few bits u may be confused but, seriously not many films of recent or past made me jump or be scared like this one did, Now don't call me a wimp because I'v seen my fair share of horror's as I am a horror fanatic and have seen many many many horrors.
  33. jonm
    May 25, 2009
    To say this movie is bad, boring or illogical simply means you are not watching it as it was intended or you are too jaded and desensitized from all the hostels and saws of the movie world. This movie is scary and not nearly as predictable as the cynics say (I doubt so many people actually guessed the movies better twists, they were simply bored from the lack of gore and didn't To say this movie is bad, boring or illogical simply means you are not watching it as it was intended or you are too jaded and desensitized from all the hostels and saws of the movie world. This movie is scary and not nearly as predictable as the cynics say (I doubt so many people actually guessed the movies better twists, they were simply bored from the lack of gore and didn't care.) This film also isn't nearly as CGI heavy as people say and only a few of the effects actually weighted the movie down. Having said all that, I know it wasn't pefect and there were certain elements that could have been removed/expounded upon. The movie also did have a very stupid ending that I am still comtemplating as to how one might find it scary. This really didn't detract from the movie, however, since Cusak managed to really "resolve" the film 9/10ths of the way in anyhow. All in all, it is a movie that deserves nothing less than a 5, but with the selection we currently have to choose from, I give it an 8. Expand
  34. GailG
    Nov 18, 2007
    Better than 95% of what I see. Held my attention overall and I really dug the fact that no arms came out of mirrors to choke the main character or other silly effects. Anything that is Hollywood is gonna be a bit overblown to compete with the "gotta have it now" pace we're all used to, but this one, effects-wise, struck me as way more tasteful and intelligent than the usual fare. In Better than 95% of what I see. Held my attention overall and I really dug the fact that no arms came out of mirrors to choke the main character or other silly effects. Anything that is Hollywood is gonna be a bit overblown to compete with the "gotta have it now" pace we're all used to, but this one, effects-wise, struck me as way more tasteful and intelligent than the usual fare. In fact, I don't even think I'd call it a ghost movie---more like a 'thing from the Id" movie, which is a lot scarier than some protoplasmic junk floating around. After all, what's hidden deep in our heads is a lot scarier than movie effects, and Cusack was plenty good enough to show this effectively. Samuel L. Jackson was no slouch either--powerhouse scary guy, with a menacing elegance at his command. Expand
  35. PaulaM
    Jun 24, 2007
    A very engaging film----locked me in from the beginning. John Cusack was awesome. How refreshing to have suspense without gore.
  36. Nov 19, 2010
    Upon first glimpse, audience may be fooled by its misleadingly common premise, but 1408 boldly goes where no other psychological horror has ever gone. Packaged in 100 claustrophobic minutes in a dingy, creepy though somewhat ordinary-looking hotel room, John Cusack delivers convincingly, and the horror is promising and undeviating.
  37. Sep 18, 2010
    Just to start off, this is not horror, its a thriller. This movie is creepy, and it sticks with you. this movie maked you believe the room is in fact alive. and you feel confined. i loved it, start to finish. The only complaint is that it slows down, and you think its over, which is a smart idea, but it slowed down, then it picked back up but not with the creepiness, the drama. Great Film.Just to start off, this is not horror, its a thriller. This movie is creepy, and it sticks with you. this movie maked you believe the room is in fact alive. and you feel confined. i loved it, start to finish. The only complaint is that it slows down, and you think its over, which is a smart idea, but it slowed down, then it picked back up but not with the creepiness, the drama. Great Film. Mary McCormick was hot in it. Tony Shaloub was great, that's TWO great TV actors. John Cusack, as usual, is great. Samuel L Jackson, great. Check this out Expand
  38. Oct 14, 2010
    Based on the short story of the same name by Stephen King, 1408 follows a famous author as he goes to the Dolphin hotel to spend a night in the supposedly-haunted room 1408. Notice something about the numbers? If you add them together they equal 13, and there's your fun fact of the day. Despite what you see on the cover, Samuel L. Jackson only plays a minor role in the film, so you won'tBased on the short story of the same name by Stephen King, 1408 follows a famous author as he goes to the Dolphin hotel to spend a night in the supposedly-haunted room 1408. Notice something about the numbers? If you add them together they equal 13, and there's your fun fact of the day. Despite what you see on the cover, Samuel L. Jackson only plays a minor role in the film, so you won't see him cussing like no tomorrow. Instead, he gives cryptic advice to the main character at the beginning of the movie, warning him not to go into the room. He goes so far to give him money and an expensive bottle of alcohol, which is taken but he still goes to the room. From there on, the movie turns into a twisting hallway with a surprise at every corner. Various frights ensue and soon the main character is struggling to try and get out of the room. By the time he finally does, you'll be on the edge of your seat. And then there's the twist ending, which pulls away to ANOTHER ending, revealing the guy's new partial insanity. If you enjoy horror films or are looking for more frights, 1408 is for you. Expand
  39. May 31, 2011
    An excellent film with great performances and musical score! Cusack does well in walking the line of keeping his cool and wigging out. Nothing too terrifiying here, but it is spooky. Check it out!
  40. Feb 23, 2013
    1408 is one of those movies you're either going to really love or really hate. It's long, and at times, not easy to sit through, but if you're a fan of Stephen King, you should be used to that. This is vintage King and it's done right! When people don't like the movie, right away they go after the writer. They don't realize that a lot of times things are drastically changed to make them1408 is one of those movies you're either going to really love or really hate. It's long, and at times, not easy to sit through, but if you're a fan of Stephen King, you should be used to that. This is vintage King and it's done right! When people don't like the movie, right away they go after the writer. They don't realize that a lot of times things are drastically changed to make them more visually appealing. In a horror flick, that's usually means and/or gore, which are out of place in a King story. 1408 has none of that, it's just a good old fashion horror story about a room that possesses it's residence. The acting isn't going to blow you away, there aren't very many surprises as far as the story goes, but it's a scary story, done the way the master of horror intended and I liked it! Expand
  41. Jun 2, 2013
    1408 is an eerie and claustrophobic thriller that has a pervasive sense of eminent fear which makes a highly entertaining horror film that could leave you with nightmares.
  42. Sep 10, 2012
    When I finished watching this film, all that came out of mouth was, "WOW!". This film has a very great screenplay and the way it is utilized in the direction is completely terrific. This film did not bore me, not even for a second. I kept wondering all the time what is going to happen next. John Cusack's performance was over the top and really intense as supported by Samuel L. Jackson andWhen I finished watching this film, all that came out of mouth was, "WOW!". This film has a very great screenplay and the way it is utilized in the direction is completely terrific. This film did not bore me, not even for a second. I kept wondering all the time what is going to happen next. John Cusack's performance was over the top and really intense as supported by Samuel L. Jackson and this film would be nothing if John was not in it. The unusual scares didn't scare me that well but I admire the different style of psychological horror and mystery the director, Mikael Håfstrom, adopted in making this film. Expand
  43. Nov 8, 2012
    1408 is an eerie and claustrophobic thriller that has a pervasive sense of eminent fear and pays quiet homage to The Shining.
  44. Jan 2, 2014
    God, this movie was really, really, gripping. Even if it doesn't live up to The Conjuring, 1408 is still another great Stephen King adaptation. Samuel L. Jackson and John Cusack are perfect in this movie.
  45. May 17, 2015
    The idea was original and interesting. John Cusack and Samuel L. Jackson's performances were really good and the general atmosphere that the movie has is unique and frightening.
  46. Feb 7, 2015
    Not really a scary movie at all but 1408 is an effective thriller. The movie feels like a bad dream. Really one of the better modern versions of a Stephen King book.
  47. Aug 29, 2014
    I watch horror movies when there's nothing better to watch. So I guess you could say its relatively consistent. But more often than any other genre, I'm disappointed by horror films. 1408 provides something different. it has a very solid lead actor, John Cusack, at the helm, and Stephen King's overall vision. Its a remarkably simple story but with the right tweaks it became its ownI watch horror movies when there's nothing better to watch. So I guess you could say its relatively consistent. But more often than any other genre, I'm disappointed by horror films. 1408 provides something different. it has a very solid lead actor, John Cusack, at the helm, and Stephen King's overall vision. Its a remarkably simple story but with the right tweaks it became its own monster. Like if you had your own personal horrors locked away in your head, room 1408 would slowly and sadistically put you to death with them. Its heavily weighted on one character's personal struggles. Which is gutsy in a lot of ways but it was well done. This wasn't a jittery, jumpy, bloody, or even crazy type of scary, this was a sad hollow and empty type of scary that we hope we will never have to experience. Though a few of those scenes get pretty trippy. You don't make a movie this well delivered too often. It stands as one of my all-time favorites in the horror category. Expand
  48. Nov 25, 2014
    This is one of the best horror movies i have ever seen.
    This movie is amazing, this is not a common horror films, this one have a elements that make this confuse, scary and rare. But the movie starts to become boring.
    And still have the jump scares.
  49. Aug 20, 2015
    1408 (2007) movie is probably one of the best films made in it's time for this genre. 1408 was dark, thrilling, very suspenseful, and diabolically mentally shocking; I love this movie. It's a rare thing to see a movie stand up to all the standards within it's class and still shine brighter than, 1408 is one of those movies. The acting and the story was awesome! The cinematography and the1408 (2007) movie is probably one of the best films made in it's time for this genre. 1408 was dark, thrilling, very suspenseful, and diabolically mentally shocking; I love this movie. It's a rare thing to see a movie stand up to all the standards within it's class and still shine brighter than, 1408 is one of those movies. The acting and the story was awesome! The cinematography and the set design just fit everything perfectly. Stephen King's short story was truly brought to life in more ways than one in 1408.

1408 is a movie in which sits in my dvd collection and I've watched it probably 25-30 times in just the last year a lone; great movie!

1. A deft Stephen King freak-out.
  2. Reviewed by: Stephen Farber
    Even with its flaws, 1408 deserves to be appreciated by connoisseurs of acting and bravura filmmaking.
  3. Reviewed by: John Anderson
    For star John Cusack, it's a perfect fit.