6.0

1. Dec 19, 2010
    A Zac Efron movie?! Now you know it's gonna suck!.....THAT's what you think when you hear about this movie, but if you actually see it, it's an absoloute friggin' MASTERPIECE! :D It's actually one of the best movies I've ever seen, and this portrays Zac Efron in a new light and shows us that he can actually act! :) Plus, Judd Apatow's wife Leslie Mann is in this, so that's an extra bonus! :D!
  2. Mar 1, 2012
    After seeing both HSM and Hairspray, I thought Efron was some pretty boy singer, I came into this movie with low expectations but I was plesently surprised with what I saw. I never knew Efron could do comedy like this.Thomas Lennon steals the show as his rich but nerdy best friend who pretends to be his father. Matthew Perry still shows the same attitude as his character Chandler friends and Leslie Mann is a Darling in this film showing that she is more than someone in a Judd Apatow comedy. while it's not up there with other great comedy films, it's not at the bottom of the barrel Rob Schnider type of comedy either.
    I'd rent it first before you consider it worthy of your movie collection though.
  3. Dec 7, 2011
    Surprisingly great, great acting, likable characters, and a good sense of humor make this movie shine, while it does have some flaws here and there with the conclusion (as you never see how he makes things right between him and his kids) as long as you don't over think it, you'll find this an extremely enjoyable comedy.
  4. May 31, 2011
    My fiance drug me to the theater to see this one and suprisingly, I was impressed! This is a good comedy with a pretty darn good performance from Efron! Give it a try and if you like it, great! If not, move on! I enjoyed it when I expected otherwise.
  5. Dec 27, 2011
    17 Again (B-) - Normally I am pretty harsh on these teen romantic comedies - And no, its not original, but the acting was solid and it was fun and funny enough to make it enjoyable.
  6. Aug 26, 2011
    A largely unfunny and unoriginal out-of-body comedy, with an important message to send to Hollywood: You can surround a cast with as many comedy pros as you want, but none of them are going help Zac Efron go down any easier.
  7. Sep 3, 2011
    Zac Efron says he doesn't want to be stereotyped as a high school student. But with his performance in this film, he may want to stick with it. The film is a sidesplitting comedy/drama fest. With a funny cast and highly-alive screenplay, everybody who grew up on movies like this will want to be 17 again.
  8. Apr 13, 2012
    An awesome film about Mike O'Donnell (Zac efron) getting to be 17 again as he has wasted his teenage life, and wanted to re-do this particular part of his life. I absolutely loved this film, and it hilarious in some bits, especially Ned, who is Mike's best mate since they were small. 10/10 :)
  9. Dec 12, 2012
    The first minutes of "17 Again" are proud to present a shirtless and sweaty Zac Efron. Now observe yourself. Observe yourself, real hard. How did that first sentence made you feel? Did it excite you? Discouraged you? Made you laugh? Anything? I ask you this because that feeling will most likely stay with you for the rest of the film.

Now girls, calm down. I can explain the negative
    rating. You see, I'm one of the guys. How would you feel if you watched a movie about Vanessa Hudgens with nothing to be about except to remind you that it's starring Vanessa Hudgens?

More reviews at: http://localmoviereview.com/
  10. Jun 6, 2012
    The Plot Is So Unoriginal! The Script Is A Copy Of A Copy..
    Zac Efron And Michelle Trachtenberg Do A Amazing Job Acting That I Why The Movie Is A 5!
  11. Aug 25, 2012
    I had no expectations when I saw this film but this is a phenomenal film. Maybe I am just at the right age for it (I was 17 when I saw this) but it is hilarious. Zac Efron is surprisingly likable, possibly aided by the fact he is meant to be a lot older. Matthew Perry is funny when he partakes in different scenes but Thomas Lennon steals the show with fantastic expressions and just simple comedic timing. Expand
  12. Jul 19, 2013
    Otro Troy tengo un primo que no aguanta tener un polvazo con el protagonista que trabajo en peliculas Gays ay dios mio ayudenme que asco de pelicula nada que decir de este pedazo de basura
  13. Aug 27, 2013
    Esta pelicula me gusto, me parecio comica y divertida y a la vez un poco dramatica."17 Again" carece de un argumento comico y convincente, con muchas escenas que te hacer reir mucho.
  14. Jun 14, 2013
    This is not a movie about humans, it's about machines, I can't find it funny nor dramatically. If life would be that easy, no one could ever reflect on a mistake and there will be no regrets to think about, almost everyone will just do the same mistakes or worst again and again for like 17 times, until they just get bored and die.
  15. Jul 16, 2013
    This film is very entertaining and Zac Efron surprised me with his acting and comedy skills. I thought he was very likable and I really liked the original story idea. This film is hilarious and heart warming, and I enjoyed it a lot.

1. What I can't accept is that the stringy, insipidly earnest teen idol Zac Efron would grow up to be the defensively ironic, twisty-faced Matthew Perry.
  2. Works better than you might imagine at times but stumbles awkwardly other times. The unevenness in the writing is matched by directorial overkill in certain comic sequences.
  3. Reviewed by: Justin Chang
    Zac Efron's squeaky-clean tweener-bait profile is unlikely to be threatened by 17 Again, an energetic but earthbound comic fantasy that borrows a few moves, if little inspiration, from "Big" and "It's a Wonderful Life."