6.0

1. RyanS
    Aug 17, 2009
    Some middle-aged guy gets to be 17 again. Hooray. Watch him reclaim his wasted life. See him make a difference. What a movie.
  2. MelancholicAlcoholic
    Aug 12, 2009
    The sequel to Juno and Knocked Up in the decidely rightwing slant of Hollywood. underlying message is ANTI-choice, just like creepy Juno was. also, these type of "I wish I could do it all over again, but hey I am still satisfied with what I got" movie of the week flics are outstaying their welcome. Also the incest-not-incest kiss or lack thereof??? Jeeeeez, can we ask for a little bravery The sequel to Juno and Knocked Up in the decidely rightwing slant of Hollywood. underlying message is ANTI-choice, just like creepy Juno was. also, these type of "I wish I could do it all over again, but hey I am still satisfied with what I got" movie of the week flics are outstaying their welcome. Also the incest-not-incest kiss or lack thereof??? Jeeeeez, can we ask for a little bravery in film? What am i saying, it's a neo-kkkon movie delivering a neo-kkkon message Palin could be proud of (if she had the brains to understand even this hamburger, junkfood type movie) so, bravery? too much too ask for. 2 points for good supporting roles, although LOTR geeks? that's sooo nineties! Expand
  3. EileenL
    Apr 26, 2009
    It was such an obviously poor copy of the themes in Back To The Future and Its A Wonderful Life. There is no way that Zac Efron would grow up to look like Matthew Perry . I didn't like the casting.
  4. SelinaM.
    May 2, 2009
    The movies was terrible in the sense of entertaining it, but the story line was so cliche and anyone could have picked out the next scene. It was over done, sappy if your into that.
  5. JohnS.
    Jun 19, 2009
    I think there has already been a movie like this before and i hated that one too. I cant stand zac efron as well. He is made for musicals not movies.
  6. AmyF.
    Jun 19, 2009
    I just did not like it. The casting was most of it.
  7. culeecurlee
    Aug 27, 2009
    Waste of time!! the story need a revision and the characters? not good.
  8. Aug 26, 2011
    A largely unfunny and unoriginal out-of-body comedy, with an important message to send to Hollywood: You can surround a cast with as many comedy pros as you want, but none of them are going help Zac Efron go down any easier.
  9. Jan 1, 2015
    This movie seems to embrace how utterly cliche it is. Man has family with wife, daughter, and son. Kids don't love him, wife wants a divorce, blah, blah, blah. We've all seen it a hundred times before so I don't think I need to explain it further. But for literally no reason at all, the main character Mike apparently has some kind of fairy godmother who takes the form of a janitor (this isThis movie seems to embrace how utterly cliche it is. Man has family with wife, daughter, and son. Kids don't love him, wife wants a divorce, blah, blah, blah. We've all seen it a hundred times before so I don't think I need to explain it further. But for literally no reason at all, the main character Mike apparently has some kind of fairy godmother who takes the form of a janitor (this is never really explained... ever). This eventually leads to him falling off of a bridge into a magical whirlpool and then turning...You guessed it... 17 again. Anyone who has ever seen a movie before in their entire life can guess how it ends, so If I gave away the ending, it wouldn't really be a spoiler. There aren't any twists or surprises whatsoever. I knew how it was going to end before I even started watching it. Expand
  10. Jul 19, 2013
    Otro Troy tengo un primo que no aguanta tener un polvazo con el protagonista que trabajo en peliculas Gays ay dios mio ayudenme que asco de pelicula nada que decir de este pedazo de basura
  11. Jun 14, 2013
    This is not a movie about humans, it's about machines, I can't find it funny nor dramatically. If life would be that easy, no one could ever reflect on a mistake and there will be no regrets to think about, almost everyone will just do the same mistakes or worst again and again for like 17 times, until they just get bored and die.

1. What I can't accept is that the stringy, insipidly earnest teen idol Zac Efron would grow up to be the defensively ironic, twisty-faced Matthew Perry.
  2. Works better than you might imagine at times but stumbles awkwardly other times. The unevenness in the writing is matched by directorial overkill in certain comic sequences.
  3. Reviewed by: Justin Chang
    Zac Efron's squeaky-clean tweener-bait profile is unlikely to be threatened by 17 Again, an energetic but earthbound comic fantasy that borrows a few moves, if little inspiration, from "Big" and "It's a Wonderful Life."