2 Days in Paris

6.6

1. FranglaisB.
    Aug 10, 2008
    I would've given this movie 2 points, but I decided I liked some of Golberg's lines. Delpy is at best a mediocre actress, and her voice-over throughout the movie was annoying reminder of her lack of voicing emotion and of her whiney, "mrs know-it-all" voice. The movie itself was so full of dated, one dimensional cliches of the French and Americans, I felt it could've been I would've given this movie 2 points, but I decided I liked some of Golberg's lines. Delpy is at best a mediocre actress, and her voice-over throughout the movie was annoying reminder of her lack of voicing emotion and of her whiney, "mrs know-it-all" voice. The movie itself was so full of dated, one dimensional cliches of the French and Americans, I felt it could've been written by one of the racist taxi drivers in the movie. Expand
  2. Gaz
    Mar 12, 2008
    Well, if you're hoping for another Before Sunrise/Sunset, you'll be disappointed. An annoying little movie. Even the "endearingly quirky" characters (those whacky French!) are pretty annoying. Really, I hated this.
  3. JamesJ.
    Feb 18, 2008
    The subtitles in the DVD are messed up--don't rent this movie until they fix this. I also did not like the movie.
  4. Greg
    Feb 15, 2008
    This movie is almost half in French. Plus the story doesn't really go anywhere. It is definitely not very romantic. It is a stream of consciousness type movie without much point or anything to keep you interested.
  5. AndyL.
    Feb 15, 2008
    Seems like this is one of those films that you either love or hate. I'm no film buff but personally I thought it was complete pants. Switched the DVD player off after 30 minutes and went to bed.
  6. BarrettD.
    Nov 24, 2007
    Really wanted to see this movie and walked out about an hour into it.
  7. Max
    Oct 30, 2007
    Crap in a can. I walked out 30 minutes into the movie.
  8. Jane
    Oct 1, 2007
    A complete vanity project. Poorly written, acted and filmed. I felt like I was watching a film on a bi-polar personality. The bit at the beginning when Adam Goldberg plays the trick on the Bush/Cheney supporters was funny.

1. The movie should be seen with a large, responsive audience--the better to live with it in the moment instead of worrying about where it’s going.
    Anyone hoping that 2 Days in Paris will revisit such peppy romance (“Annie Hall”), however, will be frustrated. There is an extra rawness here, a determination to confront and annoy.
    Delpy shows Linklater's influence in her willingness to let actors work and walk at length, and she has an unusually playful style for an actor turned filmmaker.