5.5

1. JohnnyL
    Jan 2, 2010
    I think it could be perfect! Ignore critics and stupid haters, you all must see this film! It's so so so amazing! Really... and the special effects were awesome!
  2. AndyW.
    Mar 21, 2010
    I can not believe how low of a rating this movie has received. The movie was advertised as a huge super amazing special effect movie. And it was! The scenes with special effects (of grounds breaking or Yellowstone blowing) were simply stunning. Through most of those scenes I was holding my breathe and hoping the gang could make it through. And while I missed it in theatres, I can imagine I can not believe how low of a rating this movie has received. The movie was advertised as a huge super amazing special effect movie. And it was! The scenes with special effects (of grounds breaking or Yellowstone blowing) were simply stunning. Through most of those scenes I was holding my breathe and hoping the gang could make it through. And while I missed it in theatres, I can imagine those parts that must have had the entire room just silent. Even the scenes without death and destruction were good too though. There were a few chuckles and a couple awww moments. I thought everyone played their role well and personally I saw nothing wrong with the acting. Overall it was an amazing disaster movie with suspense and excitement throughout the movie. It was wonderfully done and I would easily recommend anyone check it out. Expand
  3. WilliamB
    Apr 1, 2010
    I don't know why people are giving this movie such a bad rating. I mean u see tidal waves and disaster written all over the psoter, and if you don't like it why did u go c it. I saw this movie and sure I don't believe the world is going to end in 2012, but I just liked the special effects and everything. GREAT MOVIE!!!!
  4. JulianA
    Jan 6, 2010
    I think this was one of the all-time best movies I ever saw. The CGI was great, the suspense had me holding my breath through the whole two hours, and the story was very moving. I don't care what the people who gave this movie 0's say--it was outstanding.
  5. landonw
    Mar 6, 2010
    I'm Voting a 10 because it is an awesome scenes too see on BLURAY, yes the story had parts that could have better plot but its a future movie & thats not always sci-fi accurate. But way kool on bluray all the way!
  6. AlanG
    Jun 11, 2010
    C'mon people! The average is 5.7?! Anyone who gave it below a 7 is an idiot! This movie was the bomb! One of my favorite movies of '09!!
  7. NabilS
    Nov 14, 2009
    With proper research.. awesome cgi, comedy, suspense, action, drama.. this movie has the works!!!
  8. MoizR
    Mar 17, 2010
    Do not believe any of the 0 and 1 ratings anyone gave this move unless it is arranged as 10. The CGI effects alone are ground breaking and you can tell that the movie did not put too much emphasis on why it happens but rather how. The pace is exhilarating and if you don't care for the very slight hiccups in credibility, there is absolutely nothing to complain about. Sentimentality Do not believe any of the 0 and 1 ratings anyone gave this move unless it is arranged as 10. The CGI effects alone are ground breaking and you can tell that the movie did not put too much emphasis on why it happens but rather how. The pace is exhilarating and if you don't care for the very slight hiccups in credibility, there is absolutely nothing to complain about. Sentimentality has been done right to perfection and the acting and characters are portrayed excellently. Overall, it is 10 times the movie "armageddon" and other celebrated blockbusters are. Expand
  9. MauricioL.
    Nov 13, 2009
    Wow the king of all disaster movies, best 10 bucks i ever spent, they really made one of those movies that everybody is going to talk about all year, if you did.nt like it , i know what you will ever like... so as you can see you have to see this movie and on the big screen.
  10. ChrisA.
    Nov 13, 2009
    A truly amazing film that i would recommend to teenagers. Who love action and adventure, but it is still a good enough for an adult to enjoy.
  11. ChrisO
    Nov 19, 2009
    Simply amazing... it's shocking how some people or critics can rate this movie low (people who only like Mario and Harry Potter I'd bet) Must see!!!
  12. KevonA
    Nov 21, 2009
    From the director if Independence Day and The Day After Tomorrow, you'll expect in 2012 you'll get some mass destruction of unspeakable disasters as the world would end. And that's exactly what you get. The plot could have been better but it's overshadowed by Grade 'A' special effects and brilliant acting. It's a must watch. Total Immersion and a classic From the director if Independence Day and The Day After Tomorrow, you'll expect in 2012 you'll get some mass destruction of unspeakable disasters as the world would end. And that's exactly what you get. The plot could have been better but it's overshadowed by Grade 'A' special effects and brilliant acting. It's a must watch. Total Immersion and a classic disaster movie. Expand
  13. MickL
    Nov 26, 2009
    There's something to be said for a formula picture done almost to perfection. In 2012, Emmerich gives you everything you expect, but gives it to you bigger.
  14. JasonT
    Nov 13, 2009
    So through all the suspense you know that majority of the main characters are going to make it through each hair raising cliff hanger moment (literally). You know that destruction is going to be taking down every landmark in CGI that has been done in every other doomsday movie but even considering that I think......I love this movie! It kept me rooting for the characters and there was So through all the suspense you know that majority of the main characters are going to make it through each hair raising cliff hanger moment (literally). You know that destruction is going to be taking down every landmark in CGI that has been done in every other doomsday movie but even considering that I think......I love this movie! It kept me rooting for the characters and there was some great actors that did wonderful jobs with their characters. The volcano scene was absolutely stunning. I've seen all the CGI movies greats but that was incredible! This will be the reason why I will buy a blueray dvd player for the home system. Expand
  15. LexiM
    Nov 14, 2009
    I loved this movie. One of my favorite disaster movies of all time.
  16. SylvieK
    Nov 15, 2009
    Awesome movie!!! Makes you appreciate life a little bit more. CGI's are really good, it did not feel like we were watching for 2h40 mins!
  17. ritah
    Nov 16, 2009
    I liked this movie - even though I read the reviews before I did and after I saw it I relay don't understand what not to like - this is a good movie ... ( as far as actors they all played well including John C he is very good ).
  18. CherM
    Nov 17, 2009
    Scientifically accurate, it ain't. Freaking Awesome, IT IS! Roland Emmerich takes you on a two hour tour through some of humanities greatest fears. Drowning? check. Drowning in a typhoon? check. Drowning after an earthquake hits the Washington D.C. and topples the Washington Monument and the USS JFK smushes the President (Danny Glover, FTW!)? check!!! (maybe that one is just MY Scientifically accurate, it ain't. Freaking Awesome, IT IS! Roland Emmerich takes you on a two hour tour through some of humanities greatest fears. Drowning? check. Drowning in a typhoon? check. Drowning after an earthquake hits the Washington D.C. and topples the Washington Monument and the USS JFK smushes the President (Danny Glover, FTW!)? check!!! (maybe that one is just MY nightmare) Needless to say, this is not a movie rooted in reality. It may have started in reality (as in Emmerich deciding, "Hey, let's have humans in this movie instead of a giant lizard or space aliens!") but the movie is a spectacle. It's that train crash you can't look away from. The gravity-defying cake that YOU KNOW is going to topple onto the bride at any moment. The 2008 Presidential election (I kid, I kid...) Regardless, if you like action movies...if you like AMAZING CGI/special effects...if you like REALLY BIG BOATS...Go see 2012. Ignore the impossibility of the events, and ignore all the dialog in the last hour of the movie and you will love it...and go back again, just like I am. and again. and again.... and again. Expand
  19. OmarB
    Nov 18, 2009
    It is simply an excellent film, special effects are impressive, besides, if they wanted a film where everything is scientifically credible, expect to make a documentary fiction. For me, the best movie I've seen, with touches of laughter, excitement, love, action ... Finally, movies are not 100% accurate, A movie is for us to ENJOY OK?
  20. FatMan
    Nov 23, 2009
    This is awesome! I love it, I don't know why people are acting like idiots saying "It's scientifically impossible!" Course it ain'! It's a freakin movie! And a dang good one too. What about CG? Without it, all the smashing and bashing and explosions wound't be there. And people say there's too much relianse on that. HAVE THEY SEEN THE TRAILER? It's meant This is awesome! I love it, I don't know why people are acting like idiots saying "It's scientifically impossible!" Course it ain'! It's a freakin movie! And a dang good one too. What about CG? Without it, all the smashing and bashing and explosions wound't be there. And people say there's too much relianse on that. HAVE THEY SEEN THE TRAILER? It's meant to show what you can expect, and I got what I expected. 2 hours of the world coming to an end and cool effects(especially when the USS JFK topples on the White house and when the Yellowstone Caldera erupts. Watch this movie! It's awesome. Expand
  21. DanK
    Nov 26, 2009
    2012 takes the disaster movie -- once content simply to threaten the Earth with a comet, or blow up the White House -- to its natural conclusion, the literal end of the world.
  22. JR
    Nov 29, 2009
    Well me and my son went to watch the movie tonight ! And we absolutely loved it! Adventure,action,a little comedy, and great special effects! The story telling was not hard to follow,unlike some others that loose you in the middle of the movie! Sure noone knows when the world is gna end! But it's good to make believe and watch something so terrific, but dn't listen to all the Well me and my son went to watch the movie tonight ! And we absolutely loved it! Adventure,action,a little comedy, and great special effects! The story telling was not hard to follow,unlike some others that loose you in the middle of the movie! Sure noone knows when the world is gna end! But it's good to make believe and watch something so terrific, but dn't listen to all the critics, Go watch it yourself! tell you something i would of loved to save my on the past movies ive watched over the last few weeks! My money today was well worth it!!! Great job well done to everyone involved in this movie! !!!!! Expand
  23. May 1, 2011
    2012 is possibly the single most impressive CGI epic ever released in recent years. As the title obviously states, the movie is about the end of the world and it does a damn good job of portraying it. Sure, the acting and all that other stuff is bad but even if you hated Independence Day you have at least got to appreciate the CGI in this one. Its so good that I have given this movie a2012 is possibly the single most impressive CGI epic ever released in recent years. As the title obviously states, the movie is about the end of the world and it does a damn good job of portraying it. Sure, the acting and all that other stuff is bad but even if you hated Independence Day you have at least got to appreciate the CGI in this one. Its so good that I have given this movie a perfect 10 simply based on the effects. Expand
  24. Oct 3, 2011
    Actually I'll just wait for the day that supposedly the world will end, to make my criticism, then I'll have more critics where to get the facts. For now leave this brief message to remember.
  25. Jan 7, 2013
    2012 is a great disaster movie showing all the possible endings of the world. Unlike the other crap disaster movies like Apocalypse now or something this delivers great graphics, top quality voicing and even a lot of real life aspects ( Ferrari and Bentley in the plane) and lots of famous brands ( Coco-Pop can be seen when the supermarket grows a sinkhole). This also introduces new2012 is a great disaster movie showing all the possible endings of the world. Unlike the other crap disaster movies like Apocalypse now or something this delivers great graphics, top quality voicing and even a lot of real life aspects ( Ferrari and Bentley in the plane) and lots of famous brands ( Coco-Pop can be seen when the supermarket grows a sinkhole). This also introduces new technology to us and has been great at showing that not all the end of the world movies are set in USA ( The ending takes place in China) and lots of emotional moments. If you are a fan of disaster flicks this should be watched. Expand
  26. Nov 19, 2014
    Ah yes the beautiful director from Independence Day (1996), and The Day After Tomorrow (2004) comes in with a beaiutiful face-slapping and gut wrenching heart of special effects. 2012 is one of my favorite movies of all time and the one of the best disaster films in the book. It wasn't so hard to do, Roland Emmerich is the king of destruction without a doubt. "2012" is the literal end ofAh yes the beautiful director from Independence Day (1996), and The Day After Tomorrow (2004) comes in with a beaiutiful face-slapping and gut wrenching heart of special effects. 2012 is one of my favorite movies of all time and the one of the best disaster films in the book. It wasn't so hard to do, Roland Emmerich is the king of destruction without a doubt. "2012" is the literal end of the world where a family struggles to survive as the world everywhere crumbles . Earthquakes, Volcano's , the ultimate tsunami's, land shifting here and there. Its pretty much a crumble and crunching time here and there but the movie isn't just that, its much more.

The earthquake scene in Los Angeles is the best, Lilly, the little girl was my favorite in this movie., the "escapes" John Cusack did in the Limo wasn't stupid, it was silly in a very funny entertaining way and felt like something in a dumb cartoon but in this case, if you have a crumbling city devastation fest with funny remarks, its a scene I was watching and STILL am over and over again. Roland Emmerich is awesome!

there's plenty of other stuff, but thats it for now.
  27. May 23, 2014
    This is one of the best documentaries I've ever seen, second only to Zoo. It really captures the bravery of the heroes that allowed humanity to survive to this day. Okay, now I gotta get back to work. There's a lot of things in the ark that need fixing!
  28. Oct 8, 2014
    Very good effects especially during the Los Angeles earthquake! The volcano eruption in Wyoming is amazing and very realistic. Roland Emmerich never let's me down!
  29. Al
    Nov 20, 2009
    Based on some of the reviews, my expectations were not high. I was very pleasantly surprised! Maybe these harsh reviewers were expecting Shakespeare. This is a fun, entertaining movie that really delivers. Could have used a little editing at the end - a bit too long. Other than that - great!
  30. JesseJ
    Mar 6, 2010
    I can not believe people say this has a bad story line. It is friggin amazing, every one is hating on it because they claim it is just pure CGI and no story line, that is complete bs. This movie has an amazing story line and it is very inspiring, and at the same time it packs a massive punch with the amazing CGI scenes, John Cusak is also friggin awesome. I recommend any one to watch it, I can not believe people say this has a bad story line. It is friggin amazing, every one is hating on it because they claim it is just pure CGI and no story line, that is complete bs. This movie has an amazing story line and it is very inspiring, and at the same time it packs a massive punch with the amazing CGI scenes, John Cusak is also friggin awesome. I recommend any one to watch it, including people who hate all the "modern movies". Expand
  31. daver.
    Mar 29, 2010
    Order a pizza, grab a few beers, sit back and enjoy - perfect "old school" disaster movie ramped up tenfold - superbly enjoyable.
  32. JeffT.
    Apr 6, 2010
    Great visual representation of the end of the world! I don't see why everyone says the movie was terrible. The special effects, acting, plotline and the humor made this movie a must-see! The only thing I didn't enjoy seeing was the Bentley jumping out of the jet. There is no way that could ever happen. But, besides that, the movie was terrific!!!!!!!
  33. ZakirH.
    Nov 13, 2009
    Big bang graphics with emotions of one family.
  34. DanaM
    Nov 15, 2009
    Enjoyed it thoroughly. Not sure what movie these reviewers were watchin, but we felt it was well worth our scare entertainment dollars. Go see it on the big screen!
  35. OliverH
    Nov 15, 2009
    An amazing film, truly epic in proportion. While everyone seems to get on a little too well, the sheer scope blows you away.
  36. DudleiO.
    Nov 17, 2009
    Of course the movie has some clichès, and as you move towards the end, some of the plot is quite predictable, but it's probably one of the best disaster movies ever made! The scenes are so real and so intense that I felt breathless. You could feel like that was all really happening!
  37. JessL
    Apr 13, 2010
    I'm another person who doesn't understand the bad ratings! I thought this movie was amazing, and I'm not even usually a fan of disaster films, and actually haven't even liked most of Emmerich's other films! The pace was great, I didn't even notice how long it was. The effects were amazing - definitely a movie to be seen on as big a screen as possible. And I'm another person who doesn't understand the bad ratings! I thought this movie was amazing, and I'm not even usually a fan of disaster films, and actually haven't even liked most of Emmerich's other films! The pace was great, I didn't even notice how long it was. The effects were amazing - definitely a movie to be seen on as big a screen as possible. And yes, maybe it was a bit prescriptive in terms of who lives, who dies, pulling at heart strings at predictable moments and all that, but it's a blockbuster people! Enjoy! Expand
  38. surajsuraj
    Nov 13, 2009
    No matter what the critics say i had best 2 hour entertainment ever. for me fun is what is important not the storytelling.
  39. HollyC.
    Nov 16, 2009
    I loved this movie - felt as though I had been on a huge roller coaster when I left the theater. I was pleased that there was very little "2012" in it. It's classic end-of-the-world-hold onto your pants thrills!!
  40. LukeG
    Nov 21, 2009
    This movie was so cool. The Only bad thing about it was that there were not one, not two, but three shots where they were escaping danger somehow in the nick of time. Otherwise this movie was awesome.
  41. BradG
    Nov 26, 2009
    Think Airplane or Scary Movie done with a huge budget, talented technical staff and an absolutely straight face. Reading the professional reviews, I can't help but think that most of the critics missed the joke - I was in tears for fully half of the movie.
  42. KeenanS.
    Dec 17, 2009
    Oh come on! Why are people so mixed about this film. This film is spectacular and is one helluva ride from start to finish. You mean to tell me, you'll go see New Moon and rave about it, yet hate this film? 2012 rocks and is easily one of the best action films I've ever seen, and is definitely a huge step up from the convoluted and disappointing film The Day After Tomorrow. GO Oh come on! Why are people so mixed about this film. This film is spectacular and is one helluva ride from start to finish. You mean to tell me, you'll go see New Moon and rave about it, yet hate this film? 2012 rocks and is easily one of the best action films I've ever seen, and is definitely a huge step up from the convoluted and disappointing film The Day After Tomorrow. GO AND SEE THIS FILM AND IGNORE THE HATERS! IT ROCKS! Expand
  43. EliW
    Dec 23, 2009
    I enjoyed it quite a bit. The special effects were amazing, the acting was so-so, and the story was very compelling.
  44. RyanAA
    Nov 18, 2009
    Maybe this movie science is little ridiculus,and the story line is confusing at early movie part, but it's fun..the CG is awesome, that's make difrence from other disaster movie in last decade, i imagine if this movie can be make as thrill ride..it will be totally AWESOME.
  45. R.Lopez
    Nov 19, 2009
    In Stargate(1994) he took us to a whole other world, In Independence Day(1996) He Invaded the planet like no ones done before, In The Patriot(2000) He showed us the trials and tribulations of The Americans in there fight for freedom and In The Day After Tomorrow he gave us a glimpse of what Global Warming can do to our planet. It's 2009 and Roland Emmerich has created his disaster In Stargate(1994) he took us to a whole other world, In Independence Day(1996) He Invaded the planet like no ones done before, In The Patriot(2000) He showed us the trials and tribulations of The Americans in there fight for freedom and In The Day After Tomorrow he gave us a glimpse of what Global Warming can do to our planet. It's 2009 and Roland Emmerich has created his disaster film masterpiece and that film is called, 2012. 2012 is epic, exciting, smart, heartfelt, dramatic and powerful, It's one of the most potent and sweeping action drama's to hit the screens in years. I haven't been this moved or shocked by a disaster film since I saw The Poseidon Adventure(1974) and The War of the Worlds(2005). The story is centered around an academic researcher and his family as they try and out run the end of the world as predicted by the ancient Mayan calender which states the world will end on 12-21-2012(Which will never happen.) It starts out like all disaster films setting up events and scientists telling you there is nothing to worry about and wigged out people telling you that there lying and the world is coming to an end. Then you meet the hero of your story, in this case John Cusack and you get to see his troubles and find out some things about him, and then the the Earth starts to shake and the Global destruction begins and Cusack and his family are on the run from the danger that seeks to destroy them. Sounds pretty clique, huh? Well truthfully it's not, because once the Earth starts a go-in' the drama and power starts a flow-in'. It's one of the most satisfying films of the year and delivers on it's promise to shock and wow, and boy does it ever. John Cusack delivers an awesome performance as the father and hero of the story, Cusack gives off a great sense of loyalty and selflessness in this film which is rare to see him do seeing as he has never played a part quite like this. Amanda Peet is great as Cusack's ex in this film, she plays the part of the concerned ex and mother very well and gives much emotion to the role than she has done in the past. Chiwetel Ejiofor does great here as the sympathetic and tough scientific adviser to the President. He brings more power to the film and adds more to the dramatic punch the films has. Oliver Platt is nothing short of brilliant as the self-absorbed and crass as the President's Chief of Staff. He is the villain of the film and makes a rare role out of it (seeing as in all disaster films nature is the enemy.) Platt is cunning ,ruthless and smart he adds to the energy and flare of the film and by the end you'll hate his guts. But all in all the cast delivers knockout performances in this film and really raise the bar for this genre. 2012 is a film you have to go into with an open mind so you can fully comprehended the statement it is trying to make. It's one of those film that when you walk out it leaves you gasping for air and also leaves you thinking about how much we don't respect life sometimes. It's a good film, with a powerful message and a great story that resonates with the heart and soul. All in all 2012 delivers. Expand
  46. Nov 7, 2010
    Roland Emmerich is very good at making a movie that has something to do with the end of the world in 2012 according to the mayan calendar, but its not going to happen.

i'm getting ahead of myself. the visuals were great, and the acting was excellent.

Rating: 9/10
  47. Oct 19, 2011
    This movie was a joy to watch. However it didn't have the best plot/story. It didn't have a proper story to it really, apart from the world ending. You get to meet some interesting characters along the way, but there's no real emotional connection with them like you do with characters in other movies. The CGI and visual effects are stunning, unlike anything I've seen before. Most of theThis movie was a joy to watch. However it didn't have the best plot/story. It didn't have a proper story to it really, apart from the world ending. You get to meet some interesting characters along the way, but there's no real emotional connection with them like you do with characters in other movies. The CGI and visual effects are stunning, unlike anything I've seen before. Most of the movie was done digitally and most of the landscapes they were on were computer generated. The ending was okay, and the action scenes were stunning. It shows the true force of mother nature at her worst and just how easy it can tear apart a single planet. Expand
  48. Sep 8, 2012
    I definitely can't say that it was the best movie I had ever seen, but it was still a great watch! I don't know what's up with the other reviewers saying that it is "total crap," but, everyone's got their opinions. Great special effects, and a good story. All the humor put into the movie made it better. Although, the acting was ok. Not terrible, but it was good. And, of course, the movieI definitely can't say that it was the best movie I had ever seen, but it was still a great watch! I don't know what's up with the other reviewers saying that it is "total crap," but, everyone's got their opinions. Great special effects, and a good story. All the humor put into the movie made it better. Although, the acting was ok. Not terrible, but it was good. And, of course, the movie is totally unrealistic. Just like any other Sci-Fi/Fantasy movie. Unless you believe in 2012... But, I don't so... Again, pretty good movie. 9/10 from me. Expand
  49. Sep 20, 2013
    2012 is a great disaster movie, and will keep you entertained the whole time. The CGI and effects in this movie are amazing, and everything that Emmerich shows you on the silver screen is gold.
  50. DaveH
    Dec 7, 2009
    I can't say it was an extremely amazing movie, but I can neither say it was a movie I didn't enjoy. The only problem was, of course, the multitude that went to the movies the same showing I did... God, I remember more the hisses they made than the movie characters' names.
  51. SamR.
    Mar 23, 2010
    I don't get why people are marking it down for bad acting or bad science - the movie is about the end of the world. Go into it expecting three hours of stuff blowing up and being destroyed, and you'll love it.
  52. DaleC.
    Mar 5, 2010
    Ok. Can we all put a moratorium on "Well, that was 2 and a half hours [or other amount of time] that I'll never get back..." Please. It's lame. Wasn't funny 10 years ago. And really, what did you expect from a movie called "2012" with giant tidal waves and destruction on the movie poster? If you're in the mood for disaster, this is a fun movie. Forget the story, acting Ok. Can we all put a moratorium on "Well, that was 2 and a half hours [or other amount of time] that I'll never get back..." Please. It's lame. Wasn't funny 10 years ago. And really, what did you expect from a movie called "2012" with giant tidal waves and destruction on the movie poster? If you're in the mood for disaster, this is a fun movie. Forget the story, acting and especially dialogue. This isn't a Coen brothers movie. If you're more of a rom-com or groundbreaking documentary lover, then, yes, this will in fact be 2 and a half hours you'll never get back. Expand
  53. DrewF
    Mar 2, 2010
    All these people claiming "I don't go to the movies very often, but when i decided to i chose a Roland Emmerich movie!" really need to do better research on films they're going to see. Of course this movie is cheesy and ridiculous. It's not meant to be high-art. It is campy escapism. And to be honest this flick delivered the goods in spades. I would really rather probably All these people claiming "I don't go to the movies very often, but when i decided to i chose a Roland Emmerich movie!" really need to do better research on films they're going to see. Of course this movie is cheesy and ridiculous. It's not meant to be high-art. It is campy escapism. And to be honest this flick delivered the goods in spades. I would really rather probably give it a 7.5/10 overall, but rounded up to 8. Enjoyable, mindless fun. Expand
  54. ChrisD
    Nov 15, 2009
    An exciting movie! At times it was ridiculous, but that was made up for by the sheer awesomeness of the special effects and horror. Many scenes were emotion-provoking. I was feeling the intensity and brute helplessness of the character. Parts were even very thought-provoking in the form of what it means to be human, and that even if doing one thing "saves" humanity it would really be An exciting movie! At times it was ridiculous, but that was made up for by the sheer awesomeness of the special effects and horror. Many scenes were emotion-provoking. I was feeling the intensity and brute helplessness of the character. Parts were even very thought-provoking in the form of what it means to be human, and that even if doing one thing "saves" humanity it would really be "destroying" the humanity of all surviving humans; in a very Battlestar Galactica-esque manner. It also says that these event occur due to a magnetic polar shift that happens every some thousand years. The events are very Noah's Ark-like just saying. This movie was exciting, nerve-racking, tragic, destructive, dark, and even had that aspect of thought-provoking themes of being human and not being human. Overall exactly what I want from a disaster movies. One Emmerich's best, up there with Day After Tomorrow, and Independence Day. (Though not any Wall*E, Dark Knight, Star Trek, or anything.) 7.5/10 Expand
  55. JoradT
    Nov 22, 2009
    I quite enjoyed this movie. It's indeed quite over the top yet at the same time there was a decent amount of character development and some nice tension was built throughout (even though every circumstance came out with a positive outcome). Overall it's definately worth seeing also due to the great effects.
  56. KentL
    Nov 29, 2009
    It's very very good, a fun ride. The graphics are outrageously good (including the way they were portrayed) (10) as is the sound (9). The acting is fairly top knot save for a few moments (8). The story is interesting and entertaining (7). The story is rich on human factor and development (8). Don't go expecting to see an accurate portrayal of the human response to Mayan It's very very good, a fun ride. The graphics are outrageously good (including the way they were portrayed) (10) as is the sound (9). The acting is fairly top knot save for a few moments (8). The story is interesting and entertaining (7). The story is rich on human factor and development (8). Don't go expecting to see an accurate portrayal of the human response to Mayan prediction...just go for a good time...and don't wait to see it on a small screen. That would be a mistake. Expand
  57. MichaelR
    Nov 17, 2009
    Yes, the coincidences & narrow escapes are preposterous. And yes, the science is silly. But c'mon people this is not Shakespeare. It's a thrill ride better than anything at a theme park. The CGI effects are spectacular, and even if you know that most of the heroes will come out all right, it still manages seat-gripping suspense. If you want high drama go see something like Yes, the coincidences & narrow escapes are preposterous. And yes, the science is silly. But c'mon people this is not Shakespeare. It's a thrill ride better than anything at a theme park. The CGI effects are spectacular, and even if you know that most of the heroes will come out all right, it still manages seat-gripping suspense. If you want high drama go see something like Precious. If you want a fun ride, don't miss this state-of-the-art spectacle. Expand
  58. JeffS
    Nov 22, 2009
    If you go to this movie expecting Gone With the Wind, then you'll be disappointed. But, if you go to it expecting great visuals and a 2.5 hour roller coaster ride that's not to be taken seriously, then you'll have some fun. This is a popcorn movie, plain and simple.
  59. JameC
    Nov 28, 2009
    Absurd but fun. Got more laughs out of it than a comedy.
  60. NicholasB
    Nov 28, 2009
    Let's face it; you didn't come for the horrible story, or the cheesy lines. You came for the glorious CGI destruction! And glorious it is, with buildings collapsing, tidal waves of epic proportions, mass tornados destroying vast amounts, 2012 has it all. One particular scene stands out, in which a round building collapses, and rolls along, crushing hundreds of fleeing people. I Let's face it; you didn't come for the horrible story, or the cheesy lines. You came for the glorious CGI destruction! And glorious it is, with buildings collapsing, tidal waves of epic proportions, mass tornados destroying vast amounts, 2012 has it all. One particular scene stands out, in which a round building collapses, and rolls along, crushing hundreds of fleeing people. I have to give credit to the actors, they were adequate, and didn't do too bad, but the absurd story messes that up. Come for the destruction, stay for the destruction. Expand
  61. fantasy
    Nov 13, 2009
    This is not a movie for everyone as either you love it or hate it. It is strictly a popcorn disaster movie of epic proportions. There are plot holes galore but if you can overlook them the movie is good natured fun which it was intended to be. Just don't take it to seriously. The running time of 2 hours 38 minutes is a bit long but otherwise the special effects are great. 260 million This is not a movie for everyone as either you love it or hate it. It is strictly a popcorn disaster movie of epic proportions. There are plot holes galore but if you can overlook them the movie is good natured fun which it was intended to be. Just don't take it to seriously. The running time of 2 hours 38 minutes is a bit long but otherwise the special effects are great. 260 million spent on CGI to blow up the world. Enjoy! Expand
  62. June
    Nov 14, 2009
    Special effects blow you away, body and soul - the escapism you want from a movie! The comedy flirts with the intensity and seriousness of the disaster! Thank goodness for some seconds of comedy as the world comes to an end!
  63. BernieB
    Nov 23, 2009
    Anybody expecting serious human drama or even realistic acting is simply watching the wrong movie. This is all about spectacle and visual delight, and on that score, the movie delivers! The presence of bad rich, elitist villains is enough to carry whatever drama is needed to fill the non-disaster portions, but otherwise, if you want to see the world fall apart spectacularly, you will not Anybody expecting serious human drama or even realistic acting is simply watching the wrong movie. This is all about spectacle and visual delight, and on that score, the movie delivers! The presence of bad rich, elitist villains is enough to carry whatever drama is needed to fill the non-disaster portions, but otherwise, if you want to see the world fall apart spectacularly, you will not be disappointed. That's what it's all about! Expand
  64. Jan 17, 2011
    great movie for the family. the best disaster movie ever made, special affects one the best of 2009. The acting sucks but thats not why i went to go see it i went because this does what hollwood is supposed to do entertain me. so if you have nothing to do on the weekend go but or rent 2012 and enjoy yourself.
  65. Dec 10, 2010
    I went into the theater not expecting much of this movie - and was positively surprised.

The film looked as good on big screen - if not even better - as it looks in the trailer. The special effects were beautiful, huge, effective and haunting. Sometimes there was almost too much going on, because there was so much movement on the screen that you could not possibly look at it all. Of

Of course there were a lot of surreal surviving skills performed by the cast, but a disaster movie is nothing without its core-characters surviving, right? So let's skip the obvious errors and just enjoy the destruction/re-shaping of the planet Earth.

There was more plot into this than I thought possible, and many human dilemmas. Some of them were a bit too underlined, but all in all there were many emotions that really should move the audience. There was also undeniable and well-placed humor within the story, getting many good laughs out of me. I had to roll my eyes surprisingly little during this movie, all in all.

I think this movie deserves its four stars because despite some obvious errors in physics and laws of nature - not to mention the insane amount of pure luck - this movie manages to look beautiful and massive all the same, and bring us a story of survival and compromises.
  66. Dec 31, 2010
    It's a good movie. The special effects were just unreal. But it's a little repetitive because of the movie The Day After Tomorrow. Still it's an awesome movie and I would recommend this to anyone.
  67. Dec 2, 2011
    If you ask me, this movie isn't all that bad. It's actually one of my favorites. I don't understand why it's getting so much crap. The special effects were some of the best I have ever seen and are great for 2009 and just this time. I saw it in theaters and it astonished me at how our film industry has evolved computer animation. the part in the film where John cusack and his family areIf you ask me, this movie isn't all that bad. It's actually one of my favorites. I don't understand why it's getting so much crap. The special effects were some of the best I have ever seen and are great for 2009 and just this time. I saw it in theaters and it astonished me at how our film industry has evolved computer animation. the part in the film where John cusack and his family are escaping L.A. in the plane and in the limo is just spectacular and in a strange way, beautiful (even though the earth was crumbling around them). But enough about that, the storyline I thought was good too. It wasn't the best but still kept my attention throughout the whole movie. I was on the edge of my seat when the action began and stayed that way. It seemed scientifically accurate but I'm not a scientist or anything so that's not for me to judge. It was funny at times and just plain awesome. But every movie has it's ups and downs. The storyline was good, trust me, but kinda empty and stale. A divorced father trying to get a better understanding of his kids who don't exactly like him (especially his son) and then begins a race with time to save his family after he gets inside knowledge from a crazy radio show host (Woody Harrelson) that the world is going to end on the date of 12/21/12 which the Mayans prophecized of millions of years ago. So the storyline isn't the best part of the film, also some parts of the film made you just shake your head. But not every movie is perfect, right? So this movie is not the worst movie ever made and if you ask me, one of the best. Well, not the best but you know what I'm getting at. Expand
  68. Nov 13, 2011
    2012 was a nice movie, maybe there were a few elements that need to be fixed but other than that no. The plot maybe needed some fixing but visual effects and the script were mostly fine. The movie is stil a movie worth watching for a quick entertainment fix so it may have flaws but it is still worth watching.
    Breakdown for 2012, Presentation: 8, Plot: 7, Acting: 8, Script: 8, Lasting
    Breakdown for 2012, Presentation: 8, Plot: 7, Acting: 8, Script: 8, Lasting Appeal: 7. Overall Score: 7.9 out of 10 "Good"
  69. May 11, 2012
    I get the feeling that people give this film bad ratings because they are scared of 2012. Don't give it bad ratings unless you think its really a bad movie, not because you are scared of the year 2012. This disaster movie is pretty chaotic with the effects and there is quite a bit of character development, even if the story is a tad bit wobbly.
  70. Aug 24, 2014

71. Mar 26, 2012
    2012 is the ultimate diaster movie. Some people wil hate that and some will not. I found it fascinating. Definitly perdictable but i don't care. Very good film.
  72. Dec 30, 2012
    Good story line and movie in general but to me there wasnt enough violence. By violence I mean people attacking other people with knives, guns etc. not natural disasters. The ending was the only bad part to me, it lasted way too long otherwise I would have given the movie a 10.
  73. Jan 7, 2013
    2012 is the nice movies. It describes the thing thay may come to us in 21-12-2012, it has earthquake, tsunami, volcano. It has nice effect,, but the story is just to familiar
  74. Jun 9, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. 2012: 8 out of 10: I love disaster movies. I love “good” disaster movies such as The Towering Inferno and The Poseidon Adventure. I love “bad” disaster movies such as The Swarm and Independence Day. I even enjoy, if not love, “Horrible” disaster movies such as Syfy channel stalwarts Megafault and Magma: Volcanic Disaster.

2012 is solidly in the “good” disaster movie genre. As I have stated before in my The Core review “Disaster movies always seem to do better when the disaster is local in scope. A city threatened by avalanche, a tower threatened by an inferno, a Poseidon threatened by an adventure, that kind of thing. Earth killer movies are always a harder road.” 2012 dodges this bullet slightly by having neutrinos from a massive solar flare penetrate the Earth and cause the temperature of the core to increase rapidly. “Like a microwave” one scientist very helpfully explains. Of course why these same neutrinos don’t cause the oceans to boil is a plot hole that the movie delightfully ignores. Still compared to The Core or The Day after Tomorrow, 2012’s science is practically textbook.

Now since the core is expanding this causes the earth’s crust to erupt in different directions (think a Jiffy Pop container). This allows disaster footage from all over the earth. And we all know where disasters strike first. That’s right monuments. Vegas, Washington DC, Vatican City, Los Angeles, Yellowstone, Hawaii, and others get their turn in the special effects blender. The set pieces are generally well thought out often with sly commentary attached. (A giant rolling donut in LA, A slick atheist “Where is your God now” rub at the Vatican.). The special effects are all magnificent.

I will briefly talk about the actors in a minute (Generally speaking they all do fine) but the star is the effects. The detail work (as can be seen in the disaster porn pictures below) is simply amazing. Director Roland Emmerich puts his 250 million dollar budget on the screen. For once the buildings that collapse have people in them. The disasters do not happen in the rain or at night and the camera doesn’t jerk around as if directed by an epileptic sugar glider.

Both the location work and the disasters are very creative. (Let’s face it a tsunami driving an aircraft carrier into the White House is imagination at work.) In addition, the story is a fairly grounded version of that old When Worlds Collide plot where all the smart, rich and good looking people get on a spaceship and escape Earth while all the less attractive people all die horribly.

The movie halfheartedly tries to address the unfairness of “who gets chosen” but we really didn’t come for a civics lesson and honestly there are worse ways to go than just picking attractive rich people. We also didn’t come for the acting, but unlike many of its contemporaries, the acting in 2012 seems solid across the board.

Some of the various side plots do fall a little flat (for example taking into consideration 2012's two and a half hour length, the old guys on the boat subplot should have been jettisoned in its entirety.) On the plus side Zlatko Buric as the Russian billionaire ex-boxer and Woody Harrelson as the crazy mountain man (doing his best Matthew McConaughey impression mind you) are the stand outs among an above average cast.

Overall we came for the disaster porn and simply put 2012 delivers some of the best disaster porn ever seen on screen, and manages this feat with fewer of the bad acting and horrible storyline distractions that usually accompany such films. Bravo.
  75. RiaS
    Nov 20, 2009
    The effect in this movie is awesome. The storyboard is quite good, if i was a scientist, yes i would say that it can be happen on our world. But the things that disappointed me the most was the "LUCK" factor of the main character on this movie, i don't know why, i just feel they all was too lucky to be alive in that condition.
  76. SpencerS
    Jan 7, 2010
    2012: By far the best end-of-the-world movies ever. John Cusack was once again awesome even though he didnt have much to work with seeing as the script was very boring. The CG was mind blowing and overall it was just one of the most bad ass movies of the year. If Emmerich had taken more time on the script instead of try...ing to blow as much stuff up as possible this movie would have been 2012: By far the best end-of-the-world movies ever. John Cusack was once again awesome even though he didnt have much to work with seeing as the script was very boring. The CG was mind blowing and overall it was just one of the most bad ass movies of the year. If Emmerich had taken more time on the script instead of try...ing to blow as much stuff up as possible this movie would have been amazing. My grade: B+ Expand
  77. JohnA.
    Mar 22, 2010
    It is what it is, a SyFi flick! Enjoy it for that!
  78. DanielS
    Mar 7, 2010
    It was pretty good for a 2 hour 40 minute movie. Some parts god me frightened and on the edge of the couch like "oh no are they going to make it?" But at the first half its all about lava, fire, and earthquakes, and the other half is all about giant floods, what the ****?!?! And the Russian helicopters carrying 2 of every species in some suit tied to a rope hanging down 20 feet away from It was pretty good for a 2 hour 40 minute movie. Some parts god me frightened and on the edge of the couch like "oh no are they going to make it?" But at the first half its all about lava, fire, and earthquakes, and the other half is all about giant floods, what the ****?!?! And the Russian helicopters carrying 2 of every species in some suit tied to a rope hanging down 20 feet away from the helicopter was pretty stupid. Wouldn't they die from some blood rush or hypothermia? The effects were pretty good and realistic though, and I really liked the storyline, it was still a good movie. Expand
  79. Daniel
    Nov 17, 2009
    Utterly absurd, but exactly what was expected. Great fun!
  80. RichardB
    Nov 14, 2009
    Excellent special effects if you are still able to suspend your disbelief at the drop of a... well... you name it! Everything is falling apart in this movie, including physics. Still it is fun if you can let your logic and reality go. It's all eye candy that will fade in the light of the next fx flick.
  81. ClaytonD
    Nov 16, 2009
    Fun movie but you had to check your understanding of physics and geology and earth science at the door. My favorite line was "...29,000...". I will be very careful the next time I visit Yellowstone.
  82. G.M.
    Nov 16, 2009
    A good movie with touching moments & good tension with some comedy.
  83. MokshJ
    Dec 1, 2009
    I loved the special effects in the movie. Acting was just about good in the movie. But the whole Armageddon in the movie takes the cake.
  84. leef
    Nov 13, 2009
    A lot of fun, worth the price of a matinee ticket today!
  85. TDKinDallas
    Nov 14, 2009
    Crazy fun night at the movies. The ultimate disaster movie, even if it is exactly what you expected from the trailers. What is up with the critics? It is as if they did not know what kind of movie they were going to see and were shocked to find cheesy dialogue and a stupid plot? Duh!
  86. ChadS
    Nov 14, 2009
    Jackson Curtis(John Cusack) lives inside his head; he writes science fiction novels, he's hardly what you would call a man of action. But there goes the fabulist, hunched behind the wheel of a stretch limo, saving the family from a fast-approaching fault line, in a car that somehow performs like a Porsche. Emasculated by his ex-wife's new husband, who ridicules the number of Jackson Curtis(John Cusack) lives inside his head; he writes science fiction novels, he's hardly what you would call a man of action. But there goes the fabulist, hunched behind the wheel of a stretch limo, saving the family from a fast-approaching fault line, in a car that somehow performs like a Porsche. Emasculated by his ex-wife's new husband, who ridicules the number of books that Jackson has in print, the modestly successful novelist regains control of the household(that he had sacrificed for his "art"), forcing Gordon(Tom McCarthy), a successful plastic surgeon, to take a backseat, literally, as the father of two drives his familial passengers(plus the medical "boobie fairy") to relative safety. During their death-defying escape from a destabilizing crust, Jackson's progress is impeded when he encounters a slow-moving vehicle, commandeered shakily by an oblivious old woman, for comic relief, of course, since the end of the world is supposed to be fun. (Not gloomy like Don McKellar's 1999 indie "Last Night".) Not soon after the moviegoer laughs at the moribundity of lady geezers, the earthquakes gets them. Off-screen, naturally: blood is a bummer. Actual bloodshed means that people are actually dead. Death becomes less abstract. Asking a blockbuster diaster movie to account for the staggering amount of lives lost in "2012" with anything approaching gravity would kill the box office, so at the very least, the filmmaker tries to make us care about this one family(and if the scientist played by Chiwetel Ejiofor gets to bed the president's daughter played by Thandie Newton), in the midst of all its CGI effects. Does it? Sort of. Who doesn't like John Cusack? Or Amanda Peet? When Gordon pilots the plane(usurping Jackson's position as the provider, for the moment), the moviegoer wonders what heroic deed Jackson will perform to ultimately win the battle of the dads. (Hint: think James Cameron's "The Abyss".) But so much importance given towards this human drama seems disproportionate to the human tragedy at hand, and makes these people ludicrously self-absorbed, and annoying. But all in all, "2012" is pretty damn great for a stupid ass movie. Expand
  87. BenL.
    Nov 27, 2009
    I am a person who doesn't become paranoid about end of the world, and when I saw this movie I thought about how ridiculous the idea of the earth bubbling up and being destroyed. Even with that in mind though, the improbable escapes and action scenes contribute with this well acted movie. The director even threw in a dash of comedy, but most of it was a touch of sadness. Anyway I I am a person who doesn't become paranoid about end of the world, and when I saw this movie I thought about how ridiculous the idea of the earth bubbling up and being destroyed. Even with that in mind though, the improbable escapes and action scenes contribute with this well acted movie. The director even threw in a dash of comedy, but most of it was a touch of sadness. Anyway I thought this movie was pretty good. Expand
  88. Oct 28, 2010
    Typical disaster movie, yet still entertaining. The destruction of Los Angeles is beautiful. There is no really deep characters. Once you get used to the destruction, its a meh movie. But I was still entertained to the end. But if you want to watch destruction that forces you into the moment, watch until they team up with the russian dude.
  89. Jan 10, 2011
    2012 like I predicted before, It will be a controversial movie. If we talked about the end of the world, issue about some religions was avoidable. Thiz movie itself started with a major box office world-wide. People came to the theaters wanted to know how the world ends. Thiz is totally just theme-victory. The Director is Roland Emmerich, who I called The Master of Apocalypse. Before 2012,2012 like I predicted before, It will be a controversial movie. If we talked about the end of the world, issue about some religions was avoidable. Thiz movie itself started with a major box office world-wide. People came to the theaters wanted to know how the world ends. Thiz is totally just theme-victory. The Director is Roland Emmerich, who I called The Master of Apocalypse. Before 2012, Emmerich often brings the topic about the end of the world, such as: â Expand
  90. May 31, 2011
    A visual spectacular of Earth-shattering events! Lots of fun to watch, but ultimately turns to pure cheese in the third act making me say to myself, "No way! Whatever!" This film could have been great, but that third act forces it inevitably into the good category. Still worth a look to see the world ripped to pieces!
  91. Jan 2, 2013
    2012 is a disaster movie of 2009 directed by Roland Emmerich. The plot is about Adrian Helmesey, a geologist at the White House in 2009, with the help of his Indian friend, he finds that solar storms are heating up the earth's core liquefying the outer casing. Thus began a plan to save humanity, while in 2012 a writer Jackson Curtis discovered by chance this plan and will do anything to2012 is a disaster movie of 2009 directed by Roland Emmerich. The plot is about Adrian Helmesey, a geologist at the White House in 2009, with the help of his Indian friend, he finds that solar storms are heating up the earth's core liquefying the outer casing. Thus began a plan to save humanity, while in 2012 a writer Jackson Curtis discovered by chance this plan and will do anything to rescue his family. Although in the film there is a criticism of the people in power, 2012 is a fun movie and entertainment thanks to the spectacular special effects, exaggerated but well used. The only flaw in the film are the script too simple and the theory that they used to end the world. Collapse
  92. Dec 22, 2012
    The idea of the film is well made, but it is a movie that appeals to you.
  93. Nov 30, 2012
    "2012" is another high-tech disaster epic from the always-enjoyable Roland Emmerich, and this time he pulls no punches as he delivers onscreen the literal end of the world, based upon the conspiracy theory of the Mayan calendar. Though this doesn't carry the emotional weight or strength of characters found in "The Day After Tomorrow" or "Independence Day", this is a purely visual"2012" is another high-tech disaster epic from the always-enjoyable Roland Emmerich, and this time he pulls no punches as he delivers onscreen the literal end of the world, based upon the conspiracy theory of the Mayan calendar. Though this doesn't carry the emotional weight or strength of characters found in "The Day After Tomorrow" or "Independence Day", this is a purely visual powerhouse. The special effects are breathtaking, and particularly the scenes in Yellowstone and Las Angeles are fantastically exciting. It does drag a bit through the second act, but when it gets to the climax, Emmerich gives us a formulaic (and absolutely delightful) extended climax in the spirit of all great disaster movies - one where almost anything that can go wrong, does go wrong, and they survive a plethora of close cuts and scrapes by the skin of their teeth. Is it realistic? Hell no, but that's not why you watch a disaster movie. Is it Emmerich's best? Certainly not. But it is nonetheless a very fun ride. Expand
  94. Aug 1, 2014
    If you went into this film expecting academy performances and a compelling script, blame yourself. This is a popcorn film that gives you just what you'd expect, action, thrills, and adventure and campy one liners.
  95. Jul 16, 2013
    The visuals dazzle, the acting is pretty good- but the escapism gets old after about the tenth getaway. It just starts to get blah. But the action still entertains and dazzles, but the story just starts to get tired and runs out of ideas.
  96. Aug 11, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. In 2012, two things constantly coexist: exquisite special effects, and poor and undeveloped stories that end up enclosing tedious clichés and obvious solutions. Sometimes you forget the flaws and just get overwhelmed by the standouts; sometimes the opposite happens. At the end, you get as lost as the characters in the new world, without knowing how to feel: whether pleased or very disappointed. Expand
  97. IsaacVt
    Mar 3, 2010
    It was a film that helps you learn a lot of life lessons and uses perfect examples. this film had very sad parts and a creative ending with amazing cgi but ultimatley does not deliver as a great movie but just a slightly above average one.
  98. ZioR
    Apr 12, 2010
    Entertaining, but leaves you feeling at some points if they were actually trying to be somewhat realistic or not. I also felt it strange that in the midst of the several billion inhabitants of earth being obliterated, that someone felt it would improve the movie by sprinkling in a little comedy into the movie. Worth a view if bored, not worth seeing in the movies or owning however.
  99. EnzoP.
    Nov 13, 2009
    2012 is intense gripping and makes you bite your nails. Well, for some parts in the movie not always. In the start of the film I was getting ready to leave the theater from the cliches and lame jokes. I was thinking I can't take this for two more hours. But the more it went on the better it got, once the disaster scenes kicked in I was very pleased. If it was in 3-D I would of been 2012 is intense gripping and makes you bite your nails. Well, for some parts in the movie not always. In the start of the film I was getting ready to leave the theater from the cliches and lame jokes. I was thinking I can't take this for two more hours. But the more it went on the better it got, once the disaster scenes kicked in I was very pleased. If it was in 3-D I would of been glued to my seat. But if it were in 3-D it would be boring for most parts because a lot of the movie is just talking so the 3-D would be useless. Something else that is useless about this movie is that it is very long. Many parts just repeated it self but to different people in different places. Not everything in this movie was useless. For instance it was filmed very good each scene captured the moment, like when John Cusack (Im not saying the character's name in the movie) was driving around california to get to the airport. That was a gripping scene he was dodging everything he even dodged a giant donut and a bridge falling, he just squeezed through. Know wonder he was hired to drive these chubby russian rich kids to the airport. One thing I do not get about the critics is why are they all saying that the special effects were eye popping. They weren't that good. sure it was better then most movies but seriously you have to be more picky then that. Well I guess I am. Overall 2012 is good enough for the money. The action scenes keeps it interesting but I warn you don't leave the theater by the boring start of the film, or you will be missing out on a lot of explosions. Expand
  100. NeilB
    Nov 15, 2009
    Its amazing that every plane take off, the plane has to drop then, swing up. Didn't know Vegas had that from the airport to the bellaigo

1. Reviewed by: Stephen Farber
    Eye-popping special effects ensure that this movie will be a smash hit, and while it's entertaining for most of its excessive running time, the cheesy script fails to live up to the grandeur of the physical production.
  2. Reviewed by: Todd McCarthy
    The visual effects are pretty sensational, delivering the cutting-edge CGI goods auds want and expect. It will be hard to watch "Earthquake'' ever again after this one.
  3. Reviewed by: Chuck Wilson
    The two-hour-and-40-minute 2012 is overstuffed with special-effects, but the Curtis clan's mad dash out of town is the closest the movie gets to actually being fun.