7.6

1. Mar 25, 2012
    Good comedy overall but some parts of the plot was just stupid and had nothing to do with the movies overall plot. Channing supprised me by his comidic skills and johnah never stops impressing me.
  2. Apr 8, 2012
    First off: quite hilarious, with a variety of jokes. A lot of self-aware references, with a good deal of potty humor, mixed in with mistaken identity/situational sitcom jokes make some humor for everyone. The action isnt anything special, and serves more as a plot device. The emotional situations are pretty shallow. If you want a pure comedy, this will be a 10.
  3. Apr 1, 2012
    Movie was OK. I found that it drags on at times and some of the jokes are pretty cheesy. But good acting all around. One thing I thought was kind of weird was how a guy 7 years out of high school would fall in love with a high school senior... yeah... But it's still a decent movie with plenty of laughs if you're looking for a way to spend the afternoon or evening.
  4. Apr 4, 2012
    Hilarious, but overrated. "21 Jump Street" got its charisma, but some of the jokes were undeniably overused and quite boring (not to mention the overplayed trailer). To say that "21 Jump Street" is the male version of "Bridesmaid" is disagreeable.

As much as I enjoyed the simple, yet hilarious story line, I couldn't help but the characters were quite mindless and their personalities
    changed throughout the film. However, Jonah Hill was spectacularly funny. I enjoy his talented performance in a nerdy role. While Tatum's recent hard work, who appeared in many movies lately, was not bad at all. Expand
  5. Apr 9, 2012
    21 Jump Street is one of the funniest films I have seen for a long time. Jonah Hill and Channing Tatum is one of the strangest comedy double acts Iâ
  6. Apr 24, 2012
    Loved this movie! I consider myself to be somewhat of a snob when Im expecting to watch a serious movie. However, this doesnt mean I cant enjoy something I expect to be totally ridiculous and stupid. And I got what I came for in the best way ever! Hill/Tatum were a suprisingly dynamite comedic pair. Perfect for a date night! Great mix of stupidity and over the top gags that will have you laughing the whole ride back home. Expand
  7. Apr 28, 2012
    I really liked this movie. It was very funny and over the top with some cringy moments. The only thing that let it down in some parts was that it was slightly over juvenile and blunt .
  8. Jun 4, 2012
    Great movie! I may not recommend going to theatres to see it, but definitely pick it up on DVD or Blu Ray. Channing was surprisingly funny and Jonah Hill did well in his own right. Not as much emphasis on drugs as I would have thought, but still a good watch nonetheless.
  9. May 30, 2013
    Fun movie, don't go in to it looking for anything too serious. Gave it a 6 due to the excessive swearing, which wasn't really needed. The R Rating is definitely earned.
  10. Jul 26, 2012
    Great movie. There were some points when I laughed out loud, but they weren't the moments I expected to be laughing at. There were many failed jokes in the movie but what I was happy about was that this movie was a comedy film, with an actual story. And just a stupid story. The movie was funny, entertaining, and it had Jonah Hill so of course its awesome.
  11. May 17, 2012
    By far one of the funniest movies I have watched in a long time. So funny in fact that I'm most likely going to buy it when it comes out on blu-ray. The teamwork of Hill and Tatum is ingeniously combined to create a great film that succeeds in both storyline and humor. The company of the theater and I enjoyed endless amounts of laughter, and when I say endless, I mean endless. In conclusion 21 Jump Street is a great film that delivered in every category, that is why I give it a solid 10. Expand
  12. May 25, 2012
    "21 Jump Street," this yearâ
  13. May 26, 2012
    At times the story struggles, but the comedic combination of Hill and Tatum is surprisingly competent. Went in expecting a 4/10, far exceeded expectations. An instant classic.
  14. Jun 3, 2012
    Funny & Smart..
    One Of The Best Movie's Of The Year! (So Far...)
  15. Aug 5, 2012
    Well made, ,,21 Jump Street'' is more like satire over the comedy movies and their cliche. Is not extremely funny, but does its job in a soft way, by simple jokes and goofs, just like the comedy genre had used to became, but still remains one of 2012 best comedies
  16. Aug 18, 2012
    To quote a character from this film: 'We're reviving a canceled undercover project from the '80s and revamping it for modern times. The people behind this lack creativity and they've run out of ideas, so what they do now is just recycle **** from the past and hope that nobody will notice'. That's true for this film but actualy coz they poke fun at themselves and the classic buddy movie stereotypes and clichés it's actualy enjoyable and sometimes even funny. Yes, they also have some of those obligatory awkward scenes but not too many. Don't get me wrong, this is not a 'good' film like e.g. Hot Fuzz but as good as it gets for American comedies these days. Expand
  17. Aug 28, 2012
    This film was a genuine surprise, proved to be better than I expected. Jonah Hill proved himself to be a great actor and a good screenplay writer once again. Watching Channing Tatum doing comedy was great, I liked the performances by both of them. Moving on to the film, there were a few boring scenes, I agree but there were some hilarious ones as well. The plot of the film was good, something different and enjoyable and the use of bizarre graphics made it look more ridiculous. Thumbs up to Chris Miller and Phil Lord for making a good, funny film that I can watch again and laugh like I am watching it for the first time. Expand
  18. Jul 27, 2012
    So far, the funniest movie of the year, and one of the best I have seen in a long time. Tatum gives a surprisingly genuine (that is the word, here) comedic performance and Hill is typically freakin' hilarious. There is a real sense of brotherhood (if based somewhat off of stupidity) captured between the two characters that is endlessly watchable and the banter between everyone in the film is deliciously hilarious. Ice Cube in particular deserves props for every word he speaks throughout. There is a quality of self-awareness that, without, the film would have not stayed afloat and the same kind of hyper-zany energy that Lord and Miller captured in their first animated feature translates even better to foul mouthed live action. An endlessly quotable action comedy by means of a raunchier 'The Other Guys' that I highly recommend. Collapse
  19. Jul 9, 2012
    I went into 21 Jump Street with moderately high expectations because of what my friends were telling me about it. This is by far one of the best comedies to come out in the past couple of years. I
  20. Jul 15, 2012
    This was a very funny film. Jonah Hill and Channing Tatum were hilarious in their roles, and Johnny Depp made a hilarious cameo appearance. Sometimes there was a little too much going on, but mostly it was a very funny and suprisingly action-savvy romp.
  21. b3_
    Jul 15, 2012
    This was your average comedy movie. Funny idea and a ridiculous execution made this film entertaining with enough laughs, yet it was predictable plot wise and very forgettable. For once I actually didn't mind Channing as an actor and was able to enjoy the movie without thinking how i disliked him. If you don't expect too much from this film and are prepared to laugh and not take things seriously you can easily enjoy this film with friends and family. Expand
  22. Jul 18, 2012
    I found the film absolutely hilarious. Tatum and Hill never cease to get into situations that would provide comic relief to all types of audiences. It's definitely worth watching.
  23. Feb 7, 2013
    Don't listen to what other people are saying that you need to be brain dead or fourteen years old in junior high to enjoy this movie. This movie is simply for people that enjoy raunchy jokes or for people that have a sense of humour that disturbs others in the non-violent sense. What jokes you may ask? The kind that centre around awkward sexual themes, faeces, hipsters you hate, drugs and other jokes that shouldn't be said at the table. For what it's worth, I rarely laugh out loud to"normal jokes" as they just don't cut it...this movie actually made my movie experience a "laughing in my seat spilling pop-corn" instead of "walking outside of the theatre thinking about the CGI scenes and how the script was not believable for a movie that tried coming across as real". Watch it with your friends and have some food. Expand
  24. Jul 21, 2012
    How this movie can score so highly on both critics and users is beyond me, (sherlock holmes 2 anyone?) I admit i was a fan of the eighties original, but understand this was remade as a comedy and came in with zero expectations. It starts off ok, all bright and breezy and quite funny, but then it just runs out of ideas and more crucially, jokes. The two leads are likeable and do a good job, infact the whole movie is ok, but thats the point, its just ok, not really bad, but not particularly good either, even the main two guys who cameo from the original just feel wedged in without any thought or originality (or even funny). All in all, not a bad film but surely one of the most overrated films of the year. Expand
  25. Jul 31, 2012
    The two leads are great, and the direction even greater. I love how the movie was self-aware of what it was while never taking you too out of the experience. 21 Jump Street isn't just one of the funniest movies of 2012, but a also a smart satire of the times, and one of the best buddy-cop movies I've ever seen.
  26. Aug 6, 2012
    21 Jump Street, is a moving portrait of this generations attitudes. All the cheeky humor to nonchalantly fist pummeling students this movie was harshly humorous and in my perspective world wide correct.
  27. Aug 10, 2012
    This film doesn't have any serious or strong messages and won't ever be mistaken for a major cinematic achievement, but it may just be the funniest movie I've seen in years, as I haven't laughed that hard in a long time.
  28. Aug 21, 2012
    Funny as HE$$. Loved it. Jonah Hill is here to stay!! The slim shady reference at the beginning is funny so pay attention. The ending was a bit too action-packed for me, but I guess it was necessary for this franchise (i.e., 21 Jump Street).
  29. Dec 22, 2012
    There are some funny jokes (like main character an Eminem-wannabe or making fun of hipsters) and one cool easter egg. But overall the movie is average.
  30. Sep 9, 2012
    The comedy is definitely something you wouldn't want your young son or daughter to see considering all of the vulgar and explicit language. But in today's time, that language is what makes comedies sell. The producers related the situations to high schools very well. Not only do high schools have drugs going around, there are kids picking on other kids, and the typical stero typed groups, which the producers incorporated in the movie .to make it more relatable. I believe the movie was well written, had the right actors, and was over all a good laugh. Expand
  31. Nov 5, 2012
    Jonah Hill and Channing Tatum have perfect comedic chemistry. Jump Street is flat out funny from start to finish. It just makes a good buddy movie, you know?
  32. Apr 22, 2013
    This was pretty funny, I`m glad I watched it cause I didn`t expect much frm it. No point in watching this if you have no sense of humor, I`m jughing this as a comedy movie not trying to compare this to Action movies.
  33. Nov 28, 2012
    Almost unendingly hilarious, "21 Jump Street" is that strange kind of worthwhile comedy that presents a healthy dose of satire and nostalgia.
  34. Dec 5, 2012
    Hilarious film. Jonah Hill and Ice Cube are both good here, as is Channing Tatum who is having a great year. Sure to be one of the best comedies of 2012.
  35. Feb 7, 2013
    I was really surprised at just how good this movie was. While it isn't anything we haven't seen before, it also adds something fresh to a very tired genre. Tatum is surprisingly good at comedy?! Who'd have thought?! Overall: A very good comedy that is well worth watching, even if you think it isn't for you.
  36. Jan 5, 2013
    2 THUMBS UP! It's actually a funny, badass movie. Ridiculous and over the top, silly fun. Channing and Jonah has a great chemistry together in this movie. A hilarious, addicting movie, haven't laugh that much before. It's a great, great, great movie!
  37. Dec 13, 2013
    Ridiculously funny and bizarre. Best comedy of 2012. The most I´ve laughed in a long time watching a movie. Both leading actors are good in their roles and even the supporting ones are nice to watch. There were a couple of moments I laughed out loud for several seconds, which is very rare in my case. The biggest props should go to the script and the hilarious situations it creates. Good stuff.
  38. Feb 20, 2014
    [7.4] This movie is the best kind of stupid: a mind numbing, completely self-conscious, ridiculous, and somehow smart stupid. It's consistently funny, clever, and as long as you go into expecting what you would normally expect from Jonah Hill, you'll be more than happy.
  39. Mar 3, 2013
    I personally loved this movie and you should too. It was one of the funniest movies I've ever seen if not the BEST movie. Although i will say the end is a bit gross but still funny and one heck of a great movie!
  40. Apr 24, 2013
    You don't have to watch the old tv show to see if its going to be good. Because it's not anything like the show, but it's still enjoyable to watch. It interesting to turn an old tv drama into a new a hip comedy. The movie was hilarious. Channing Tatum and Jonah Hill work perfectly together, but honestly, Channing's character was much more hilarious than Jonah's (which is kind of unexpected). The storyline is fairly average and ununique. But combining the comedy gold makes this movie work. The biggest part was the Johnney Depp and Peter Deluise cameo from the old "21 Jump Street" tv show. Especially when they got shot. It was an unexpected cameo with an unexpected twist, but was one of the best moments of the movie. The story does stretch at times, but overall, it's a fun action-comedy that you'll never forget. Expand
  41. Aug 3, 2014
    Cussing is not a substitute for emoting. I've never heard anyone actually talk like the people in this movie. It's like they think they can manually inject some emotion into their shattered souls with profanity. If you want to watch stupid kids be stupid kids for two hours, go see this movie. Be prepared for a sprinkling of nightmarish images that are played off as jokes. It's all right, you're an expert at repressing that stuff. They got a script written by someone who didn't know what they wanted to say, and a group of people who don't care about acting or film, but are just dishonest enough to pretend like they do. The one ray of hope, I guess, is the nerd crowd, but they got precious little screen time, and, if they had gotten more, it probably would have just been to show them 'loosening up' and doing something horrible, thereby gaining acceptance so we can all sing coombaya and realize we're not so different after all. I can say the editing was good, and there were one or two actual laughs from me, but I wish I hadn't watched it Expand
  42. Rem
    Jun 4, 2014
    At first I believed Channing Tatum could not deliver on the comedic side, but after seeing 21 Jump Street, I am convinced otherwise. But this however does not save for the fact that it does not stray too far from the original, and it loses value due to some flat jokes and a lame plotline. Generic, but surely watchable come a few laughs.
  43. Jun 25, 2013
    This film tries to make you laugh. And it achieves that. The cast is hilarious and probably the best for that movie. This film has an intelligent plot and It was an interesting film. You won't get bored and you will laugh in many points and scenes in that movie. Thumbs up!
  44. Jun 20, 2013
    "21 Jump Street" is amazing, hilarious and clever, it has action sequences, laugh out loud parts, with a great cast and an original story, this movie is just so great.
  45. Jun 17, 2013
    A movie that has a lot of comedy. Jonah Hill plays a essential role in this film; brings out a lot of the gags, that make this film funny. although, surprisingly Tatum is also turns on the comedy, which shows these two as a great duo that are both extremely entertaining. Overall a great movie that is well written, purposefully for laughs, that work well.
  46. Nov 24, 2014
    I don't know how I was dragged into watching this movie, perhaps I thought it was going to pass off as an acceptable one. Since my first run-through, I have not had any intention of returning to it. Partially funny, when it's not forced, and even then, no more then a chuckle. It's dull humor at it's finest, and thus I can see why it would appeal to the masses. Unfortunately, I would walk away from my TV set if it came on. With the promise of not returning for it's sequel. Expand
  47. Aug 4, 2013
    funny as crap and definantally a movie that will never be forgotten with the legendary cast of ice cube Jonah hill channing tatum ps way better than the old tv show
  48. Dec 30, 2013
    I came with some very low expectations to this film, and was pleasantly surprised.
    The humor is witty, nerdy, and smart; the plot is a light parody of the genre, as well as current trends among youth; and there's even a surprise cameo by a big star that the ladies can't seem to get enough of.
    It was enjoyable all the way through.
  49. Jun 13, 2014
    " We're reviving a canceled undercover police program from the '80s and revamping it for modern times. You see the guys in charge of this stuff lack creativity and are completely out of ideas, so all they do now is recycle **** from the past and expect us all not to notice."

So basically it came down to which movie i wanted to see more this weekend either "How to Train Your Dragon 2 or
    22 Jump Street" having watched the first How to Train Your Dragon last month i decided that i should watch the this movie to see which one i wanted to see more this weekend at the theaters and for sure after this it is 22 Jump Street. 21 Jump Street had me laughing from start to finish which not many comedies can do that nowadays, it may be because i have only seen the movie once before when it first came out on DVD/Blu ray still though i highly enjoyed the movie. Now surprisingly i have never seen the the TV Show this is based off of and even despite it having johnny deep it was just one of those shows i never seem to watch while growing up so i never gave it a chance later on but after watching this i really want to check out the old stuff to see if it was just as great. It seems like a lot of people that had watched the TV Show didn't care to see a modern movie based on it and clearly by the reception it received from people its either they love it or hate it, i can say though right now i highly doubt my rating for this movie will change once i start watching the TV Show.

The movie starts out in 2005 and follows Morton Schmidt (Jonah Hill) a goofy looking Eminem wannabe and while trying to ask a really hot girl out to prom he is rudely interrupted by Greg Jenko (Channing Tatum) a **** jock who makes fun of him by calling him a nerd and saying that the chick is way out of his league. Schmidt gets embarrass and quickly walks away while Jenko is called into the principles office and is told that he can not attend prom as he has too low of grades. The movie then picks up seven years later, Schmidt is trying to enlist as a police officer and who does he see at registration, Jenko who then happens to recognizes Schmidt and says to him "not so slim shady, Whats up". They soon become friends as they help each other out with what area's they are lacking in Schmidt's being the physical aspect while Jenko's being the mental aspect of being a cop.

After awhile they graduate the police academy and now are official cops but instead of car chases and gun fights they are stuck on park duty riding bicycles with nothing to do but when they see a group of bikers smoking weed they jump into action. From here we see them get put into a undercover program for young immature cops called "21 Jump Street" led by Captain Dickson (Ice Cube) which seriously had me laughing so hard every time he spoke. Now we have our movie which has both Schmidt and Jenko back in high school only this time around it seems Schmidt is part of the popular group while Jenko is a nerd. Its the total opposite of what they originally were back then and now their job is to find out who is making this new type of drug that kids are overdosing on.

Seriously though this movie has so many funny moments from start to finish that it over shadows how hollow the overall plot is. Jonah Hill and Channing Tatum have amazing chemistry together seriously i cant remember the last time i laughed this hard while watching a buddy cop movie even the Sandra Bullock, Melissa McCarthy movie "The Heat" was no match for how great this movie was. Ice Cube was pure comedic gold see this is why he is a much better actor in rated R movies rather than PG-13 movies like he was in "Ride Along". Nick Offerman was great as the chief of police despite us not seeing that much of him also [spoiler] seeing Johnny Depp at the end was so crazy in no way did i realize that was him, it was even crazier when you see him and his partner Peter DeLuise who was also in the TV version of 21 Jump Street die and they have their own moment during a gun fight which seemed rather funny to me . [/spoiler] Overall i give it a 8.0 Seeing all the reviews, trailers, and tv spots, i have high hopes that the sequel will be just as great as this.
  50. Oct 20, 2014
    I just watched this on iTunes, tricked into believing that it was a good movie by the Tomatometer, its Average Rating and the good Metacritic score... and I have once again lost faith in all of these aggregate ratings. There were a few good jokes in this movie, but that's really the only positive thing I can think of. The movie is largely predictable, and when it's not that's only because of a) a ridiculously unbelievable turn of events, or b) a huge plot hole. The writing is just plain stupid and infantile. Unfortunately the acting is bad too - with Brie Larson as Molly being the _only_ exception, but she hardly gets any screen time.

All in all this is a dumb, unfunny, superfluous film. Don't believe any of the 8/9/10 ratings.
  51. Sep 20, 2013
    If you want to see a somewhat funny movie with lots of jokes, parties, and pretty people, but has nothing to offer, than watch 21 Jump Street. It'll satisfy your Friday night of boredom and leave you with memories of when you were in high school. It doesn't have a message to offer other than don't become a cop to act like these two knuckleheads.
  52. Sep 17, 2013
    This film is funny in a way that teenagers will understand meaning it's audience will last forever and parents will show it to their children when they grow up, i believe this will be a classic.
  53. Dec 12, 2013
    Like an off-the-hook blend of Breaking Bad and Superbad, 21 Jump Street delivers a combination of action and hilarity, but it doesn't do it in a very memorable way.
  54. Mar 5, 2014
    Jonah Hill and Channing Tatum are hilarious together, although neither actor seems to be able to transition from comedy to drama in a single movie. The punch lines are good, although when they move to a more serious part, it seems unauthentic and just odd to watch. Overall the movie is funny and is not supposed to be taken too seriously as a remake or sequel. Bringing back characters from the original series, was a good touch and shows that they felt the movie was good enough representation for them to be in it. Expand
  55. Jun 17, 2014
    I don't know why there are so many bad reviews. I loved the first part of the movie, it was hilarious to me. However the second half of the movie was downright boring and I just couldn't wait for it to be over.
  56. Oct 3, 2014
    " Jonah Hill and Channing Tatum are the kings of comedy". This is an outraging comedy with full of laughter that Hill and Tatum has provided for us " 21 jump street fans". Its very funny to be honest , with loud music + good laughter = Having the best time of your life watching this film. Grade A , ( hill and tatum are perfect with out directors phil lord and christopher miller ).
  57. Apr 1, 2014
    I really enjoyed this movie , we were laughing a lot , it has a lot of funny moments , just don't take this movie too seriously . I was surprised - I didn't expect so much fun from it !
  58. Aug 12, 2014
    This movie is probably one of the funniest i have ever seen.The jokes are stupid and there is a lot of action,If you don't like this it's probably because you don't have any sense of humour.The only bad thing about 21 jump street is the plot,he's too predictable.
  59. Apr 21, 2014
    One of my favourite comedy movies of all time. It is hilarious, Jonah Hills character in this movie is so funny and says so many funny jokes. I enjoy him more in this movie than Superbad. This movie is funny the whole time from the beginning to the end with out ever letting up. The best comedy movie of 2012 and one of my all time favourite comedy's.
  60. May 4, 2014
    Surprisingly fun! this film is one of the funniest movies I have ever seen. Channing and Jonnah are absolutely hysterical. The script is hilarious and just all around impressive! cant wait for the sequel!
  61. Jun 3, 2014
    I like everything about 21 Jump Street. Maybe it's my favorite movie! lol I've watched it several times and I still laugh at the jokes. Channing and Jonah have a lot of chemistry on screen!
  62. Oct 18, 2014
    Un claro ejemplo de película americana que no hace ninguna gracia. Solo funcionan algunas escenas puntuales de Jonah Hill, el resto es una basura. Tatum nunca es gracioso (los guapos nunca hacen gracia, es así), la trama es aburrida, Ice Cube está exagerado y cansa, el final es absurdo.
    Un 7,6... ¿quién vota aquí?
  63. Nov 22, 2014
    21 Jump Street just seemed to surprise when it was released. No one expected a film based on an average (at best) television series could ever be converted into a hilarious film. Jonah Hill and Channing Tatum made themselves mega stars in a risk well worth taking. 21 Jump Street is one of the best comedy movies that have been released in the past decade.
  64. Sep 16, 2014
    Buenísima !!. Una película para reír, nada serio pero se lleva un par de puntos por romper con lo clásico visto en escuelas, el enfoque New Age de los estudiantes esta muy bueno !
  65. Sep 29, 2014
    At the first begining my impressions wore totally negative, just more one high school movie full of clichés, but as it went straight to the point it suprised me, how Chris Miller was able to choose a so generic subject about high school and police but produce a great and different comedy from it. There's some kind of forced comedy in it, but that's ok, another great work from Chris Miller.
  66. Oct 13, 2014
    Pick a generic and overused context and bring it with a different and modern view is something meritorious and hard-worked, 21 Jump Street is fun without being immature or appealing, with a nice story and a great cast combination, it enjoyed me by the first begining to the last ending, an easy 80/100.
  67. Oct 22, 2014
    Schmidt and Jenko are more than ready to leave their adolescent problems behind. Joining the police force and the secret Jump Street unit, they use their youthful appearances to go undercover in a local high school. As they trade in their guns and badges for backpacks, Schmidt and Jenko risk their lives to investigate a violent and dangerous drug ring. But they find that high school is nothing like they left it just a few years earlier ­and neither expects that they will have to confront the terror and anxiety of being a teenager again and all the issues they thought they had left behind. Expand

1. Reviewed by: Andrew Lapin
    Mar 19, 2012
    The devil-may-care attitude is what makes 21 Jump Street so entertaining.
  2. Reviewed by: Ben Sachs
    Mar 18, 2012
    Directors Phil Lord and Chris Miller (Cloudy With a Chance of Meatballs) seem to be after the gentle irreverence of David Gordon Green's buddy flick "Pineapple Express," but without his sensitivity and attention to character the movie quickly grows monotonous.
  3. Reviewed by: James Mottram
    Mar 16, 2012
    With Hill on co-scripting duties with Scott Pilgrim scribe Michael Bacall, 21 Jump Street was always going to live or die by its gags. Fortunately, it boasts that sweet-yet-dirty comedy that Hill revels in.