21 Jump Street

8.0

1. Feb 21, 2016
    21 Jump Street is jumping to get insanely mad. It's not 20 anymore, it's 21 (please no 9 + 10 jokes). You're going to love 21 Jump Street hard as you wanted to love it.
  2. Mar 18, 2012
    The TV hit goes for laughs with Channing Tatum and Jonah Hill as two hapless cops who go undercover to bust a high school drug ring. Although there sly one-liners and a bouncy comic energy, the overall effect is more upbeat than hilarious. Tatum has been funnier and Hill does his usual shtick. The supporting cast could have been populated with zany types, but most of them add little to theThe TV hit goes for laughs with Channing Tatum and Jonah Hill as two hapless cops who go undercover to bust a high school drug ring. Although there sly one-liners and a bouncy comic energy, the overall effect is more upbeat than hilarious. Tatum has been funnier and Hill does his usual shtick. The supporting cast could have been populated with zany types, but most of them add little to the comic development (except for 2 fun cameos). This is an example of how average writing translates into an average comedy. Expand
  3. Sep 20, 2013
    If you want to see a somewhat funny movie with lots of jokes, parties, and pretty people, but has nothing to offer, than watch 21 Jump Street. It'll satisfy your Friday night of boredom and leave you with memories of when you were in high school. It doesn't have a message to offer other than don't become a cop to act like these two knuckleheads.
  4. Mar 29, 2014
    Without a doubt the funniest comedy I have watched in a very long time. Channing Tatum and Jonah Hill are an absolute laugh riot here and work perfectly together. Honestly the whole movie is just one non-stop laugh fest. The humor is basically what you would expect from a modern R-rated comedy but only a thousand times smarter. Truly one of the best comedies I have ever seen and I highlyWithout a doubt the funniest comedy I have watched in a very long time. Channing Tatum and Jonah Hill are an absolute laugh riot here and work perfectly together. Honestly the whole movie is just one non-stop laugh fest. The humor is basically what you would expect from a modern R-rated comedy but only a thousand times smarter. Truly one of the best comedies I have ever seen and I highly recommend it to anyone who is looking for laughs and doesn't mind the profane and crude humor this movie often offers. Expand
  5. Nov 28, 2012
    Almost unendingly hilarious, "21 Jump Street" is that strange kind of worthwhile comedy that presents a healthy dose of satire and nostalgia.
  6. Aug 30, 2015
    "21 Jump Street" is a delightful joy as the unusually strong pair-up between Jonah Hill and Channing Tatum will make you jump up and down and roll on the floor with laughter.
  7. Jul 29, 2013
    I used to watch the TV show 21 Jump Street, and while it was clever, I didn't think it was anything special. When I heard they were making a movie, it peeked my interest, but the previews made it look like it would be God awful, in one of the worst marketing campaigns for a film I've ever seen. After hearing some good things from friends and being that it had a good cast, I decided to giveI used to watch the TV show 21 Jump Street, and while it was clever, I didn't think it was anything special. When I heard they were making a movie, it peeked my interest, but the previews made it look like it would be God awful, in one of the worst marketing campaigns for a film I've ever seen. After hearing some good things from friends and being that it had a good cast, I decided to give the film a shot and it far exceeded my expectations. Two of the dumbest and most immature cops on the force are sent on an undercover mission to infiltrate a local High School and find out where a new designer drug is coming from. Right from the start you could tell the film would lean more to the comedic side as opposed to the show, which was more dramatic. Going the comedic way, especially with the cast they had, was the right way to go, but much of the film was still unbelievable. Anyone who believes that either Jonah Hill or Channing Tatum could even come close to passing for High School student are completely out of their minds. Also, the speed in which these two idiots went from being the worst cops on the force to celebrated heroes was ridiculous. It would have been far more enjoyable if these guys just sorta stumbled into solving the crime, rather than all of a sudden becoming great cops. As for the cast, Jonah Hill continues to be the most underrated comedic actor in Hollywood. I have yet to see this guy do a bad movie. Channing Tatum was pretty good too, he's known more for his looks than his talent, but he fit his role extremely well. It was probably written specifically for his persona, similar to his role in Magic Mike, but he still is very good. Finally, the cast is rounded out by Dave Franco, the younger and better looking brother of James Franco, who for the very first time shows that he is more than just a kid, getting work because of his brother. He was very solid and perhaps the most believable and likeable character in this film. 21 Jump Street is nothing new, it's another cop movie that blends comedy and action, like almost every other Lethal Weapon wannabe. The story isn't better than the rest, but it is funnier than most of the other films and it has some terrific cameos. Expand
  8. Oct 3, 2014
    " Jonah Hill and Channing Tatum are the kings of comedy". This is an outraging comedy with full of laughter that Hill and Tatum has provided for us " 21 jump street fans". Its very funny to be honest , with loud music + good laughter = Having the best time of your life watching this film. Grade A , ( hill and tatum are perfect with out directors phil lord and christopher miller ).
  9. Aug 27, 2012
    Really funny movie with some outrageous moments. Two opposite characters and actors worked quite well together. It is nothing serious. It is just a silly movie that leaves you with a lot of laughs.
  10. Nov 22, 2014
    21 Jump Street just seemed to surprise when it was released. No one expected a film based on an average (at best) television series could ever be converted into a hilarious film. Jonah Hill and Channing Tatum made themselves mega stars in a risk well worth taking. 21 Jump Street is one of the best comedy movies that have been released in the past decade.
  11. Nov 18, 2013
    21 Jump Street was super funny. It was light, frothy, foul-mouthed and very strange... But in a good way. Even Channing Tatum is good. Yes, I know! That's a miracle! Great stuff all the way around.
  12. Aug 12, 2014
    This movie is probably one of the funniest i have ever seen.The jokes are stupid and there is a lot of action,If you don't like this it's probably because you don't have any sense of humour.The only bad thing about 21 jump street is the plot,he's too predictable.
  13. Mar 17, 2012
    There is not a single dull moment. It is funny throughout and as offensive as it may be, who the hell cares? This is a lot better than recent comedies.
  14. Jan 11, 2014
    21 Jump Street can be cliché and unfunny at times especially in the last third but that does not stop it from being an enjoyable film. There is some great comedy in this movie and some hilarious moments. Also, there are some likeable characters some of which I wish had more focus. I’d recommend this film to anyone in high school or college they’ll probably love it. It’s a great high school21 Jump Street can be cliché and unfunny at times especially in the last third but that does not stop it from being an enjoyable film. There is some great comedy in this movie and some hilarious moments. Also, there are some likeable characters some of which I wish had more focus. I’d recommend this film to anyone in high school or college they’ll probably love it. It’s a great high school movie that will give you lots of laughs. Expand
  15. Jul 6, 2012
    21 Jump Street is a hilarious, well written, intelligent, heartfelt story of friendship. Featuring surprisingly incredible performances from the two leads and hilarious cameos this is a wonderful comedy. I give this movie 90%.
  16. Dec 5, 2012
    Hilarious film. Jonah Hill and Ice Cube are both good here, as is Channing Tatum who is having a great year. Sure to be one of the best comedies of 2012.
  17. Apr 20, 2013
    In a time where remakes and long time are becoming more and more of a expectation, 21 Jump Street delivers a surprisingly fresh and hilarious take on the TV show of the same name, and contrary to popular belief, this is in fact a sequel to the show, continuing with the same arc.
    Jonah Hill is on fine form as Morton Schmidt, a cop who, as a teen, was an Eminem wannabe (this is an hilarious opening to the film) in school who never became popular.
    Channing Tatum, really proving his brass as a comedy actor, is the opposite as Greg Jenko, the college 'jock' who gets what and who he wants when he pleases.
    This of course forms an unlikely pairing in their later years as law enforcers, now best friends, they happen across what could be the biggest bust of their careers but mess it up, and are transferred a the newly revived division, based of course at 21 Jump Street.
    As they are tasked with infiltrating high school all over again, they notice just how much the place has changed since they were there, and it seems their roles in school may now change, setting up the rest of the film as the two officers attempt to infiltrate and break up a youth drug ring within the school.
    Jump Street will play on the most basic and instinctive of emotions, profanity laced humour, and there is certainly no shortage in this film. Jonah Hill is certainly in the drivers seat with many of these jokes, borrowing similar scenarios from his previous films but hey, if its not broke, don't fix it.
    Channing Tatum was the surprising highlight of this film, is skills at coming across as simple and his countless attempts to come across as cool in his new role as a student all over again make for pretty funny watching.
    The plot itself does come up a little too simplistic, and there is of course plenty of over the top drama, but its all enjoyable fun at the end of the day. The film is never short on talent, with unforgettable cameos from the original TV show stars Johnny Depp and Peter DeLuise, and even the other cast members including Dave Franco, the brilliantly funny Rob Riggle and a truly hysterical Ice Cube, there is certainly many aspects of this film that make it an excellent sequel/revival of the TV show and one of the best comedies of the year.
  18. Nov 29, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This movie was absolutely hilarious. More than just cheap laughs though, the movie was very unique. I know, "How can it be unique if it's a rip-off of an 80's show?" Well, outside the movie title and a cameo appearance in the end, this movie feels nothing at all like the Johnny Depp show from way back when. From the plot to the character dynamic to clever mocking of stereotypes (not just individual persons but pop culture as well), this movie is a fun watch. Jonah Hill and Channing Tatum are both outstanding as well. Tatum gets a lot of hate for his "lack of acting chops" but I think he has continued to improve with each role. Overall, it wasn't the funniest movie from beginning to end but it's definitely an entertaining movie that's going to deliver tons of laughs. Expand
  19. May 2, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. "They hate me." In the director's cut of Almost Famous, we find out how much. On a high school marquee, in black caps, the message of the day reads: "William Miller is too young to drive or f***." The other students are pitiless toward the victim of this practical joke, but William manages a brief smile as he traverses the parking lot, alone, armed with a copy of Creem. Music makes him strong. During class, we see the boy's shrine, a blue portfolio covered with the names of his heroes in a graffiti-esque collage created with Bic ink. It's a work in progress, as we glimpse the starry-eyed child putting the final touches on the "n". William may love Led Zeppelin, but he's smart enough not to emulate Robert Plant. His hair is decidedly un-golden god-like. Over the hills and far away, in another high school, another generation, Schmidt, with his close-cropped bleached do, and bling, cultivates, none too successfully, the Eminem look. By embodying the machismo of the rapper, Schmidt works up the courage to approach a girl about the upcoming prom. Before the official invite is issued, though, the hottie stops him. That's because Schmidt is not Slim Shady; he's a nerd, and not even slim. Five years later, when the rookie cop and his buff partner go undercover as students, Schmidt's eventual transformation into a popular kid, retroactively, casts Fast Times at Ridgemont High as a sort of sequel to Almost Famous, because when Cameron Crowe returned to school as an investigative journalist, he was fully-formed, no longer the naive hero, the alter-ego of his bildungsroman, but actually somebody who was cool enough to infiltrate the cliques that mattered, after years of covering bands that mattered. In the Amy Heckerling film, Crowe doesn't have a stand-in; he's the omniscient student who knows Linda, the queen bee, well enough, apparently, to learn about her best friend Stacy, who ends up at an abortion clinic after a series of flings. Crowe's fictional self, while no longer a stranger to sex, due to the adult education he receives from the "Band-Aids" during a stopover in Greenville as a RS correspondent covering Stillwater, the then-screenwriter, despite being privy to an up close and personal look at the debauched lives of the rich and famous, nevertheless, still must have flinched like the rest of us, as Linda and Stacey talked graphically about sex in the cafeteria. Being 23, the scribe could only fantasize about Linda(like Brad), who in the film, emerges from the pool in a red bikini. Whose dream was that really? Because Crowe is unseen, the ethos of the film never gets addressed, like it does in 21 Jump Street, when Sgt. Dickson warns the cops about being chaste while on assignment, faintly echoing the advice given by Lester Bangs to his protege. When bridging the two films together(Almost Famous & Fast Times...), it's easy to imagine Crowe refashioning his mentor's words into something along the lines of "don't make friends with the high school girls." "Doug", the track star and theater brat, keeps a professional distance, but barely, when he comes perilously close to kissing Molly, at the moment that their prom plans get verified. She is Wendy to his Peter Pan, akin to Crowe and Ann Wilson(of Heart). As a point of reference, Schmidt fulfills his Eminem dreams of yesteryear by singing "I've Gotta CROW", rhyming like Mary Martin circa 1955. The "real Slim Shady" stands up. He's a romantic. The film's greatest irony is that Doug becomes popular by being himself, not a gangsta, even though 21 Jump Street pays homage to Donnie Brasco, none more cleverly than when the cop calls Molly on the phone, and nearly blows his cover. Whereas Joe Pistone learns that a wise guy never carries a wallet, Doug, in so many words, is told to text-message like any savvy teenager living in the digital age. Lefty Ruggiero represents the FBI agent, giving "Donnie" the credibility he needs to pervade the inner sanctum of a mafia crew. To his chagrin, Joe becomes Sonny Black's right-hand man. Similarly, Eric, a drug dealer, takes a shine to Doug(angering "Brad"), and introduces him to his supplier. Both men, in the process, lose themselves in the subculture, crossing the line from observer to participant, in which they find their humanity and attudinization melding into one. For the cop, this embarkation begins at a house party, where he gets stabbed during a melee between rival high school drug factions. The experience imprints him. In that instant, he becomes a stud. Likewise, Joe's metamorphosis into Donnie is inaugurated at a Japanese restaurant, where a waiter nearly gets pummeled to death in the bathroom, after the niceties of culture nearly blows his cover. Later, a lesson in mass vivisection pushes Joe to the brink. In Schmidt's case, it's a college application he plans on filling out. For Crowe, it could have been the moment that Linda sticks the carrot in her mouth. Expand
  20. Feb 7, 2013
    I was really surprised at just how good this movie was. While it isn't anything we haven't seen before, it also adds something fresh to a very tired genre. Tatum is surprisingly good at comedy?! Who'd have thought?! Overall: A very good comedy that is well worth watching, even if you think it isn't for you.
  21. Apr 24, 2013
    You don't have to watch the old tv show to see if its going to be good. Because it's not anything like the show, but it's still enjoyable to watch. It interesting to turn an old tv drama into a new a hip comedy. The movie was hilarious. Channing Tatum and Jonah Hill work perfectly together, but honestly, Channing's character was much more hilarious than Jonah's (which is kind ofYou don't have to watch the old tv show to see if its going to be good. Because it's not anything like the show, but it's still enjoyable to watch. It interesting to turn an old tv drama into a new a hip comedy. The movie was hilarious. Channing Tatum and Jonah Hill work perfectly together, but honestly, Channing's character was much more hilarious than Jonah's (which is kind of unexpected). The storyline is fairly average and ununique. But combining the comedy gold makes this movie work. The biggest part was the Johnney Depp and Peter Deluise cameo from the old "21 Jump Street" tv show. Especially when they got shot. It was an unexpected cameo with an unexpected twist, but was one of the best moments of the movie. The story does stretch at times, but overall, it's a fun action-comedy that you'll never forget. Expand
  22. May 1, 2012
    Relentlessly brash and grossly witty, 21 Jump Street is a pleasant surprise. It's an honest mockery of stereotype teen movie with relevant content caters for this generation of youth. While some scenes might get over-ridiculous, it never felt tedious and I admit I've never laughed that hard in the cinema. The script is bluntly creative, often bordering on absurdity but in a fresh way farRelentlessly brash and grossly witty, 21 Jump Street is a pleasant surprise. It's an honest mockery of stereotype teen movie with relevant content caters for this generation of youth. While some scenes might get over-ridiculous, it never felt tedious and I admit I've never laughed that hard in the cinema. The script is bluntly creative, often bordering on absurdity but in a fresh way far from cheesy teeny clichés. It proves that clever writing doesn't have to be fancy literature, it can also be **** hilarious ****

The story goes that Schmidt (Jonah Hill) and Jenko (Channing Tatum), two rookie policemen, are being assigned as undercover agents in a high school due to emergence of a new drug called HFS (Holy **** **** These two are typical combo of a big but less intelligent jock and a smart but less confident nerd. Much have changed since their time at high school, the educational facility is now a strange zone for them both, add some intoxication substances and you have this **** of juvenile craziness.

The cast is very likeable, both Schmidt and Jenko are socially awkward in their own ways, and somehow they always end up in catastrophic situations. Ice Cube as Capt. Dickson, stereotype of angry black captain, actually make fun of his stereotype. This is a movie that knows the silliness of it all and rather than masks it with ejaculation of pretentious corny dialogues, it embraces the ludicrous premise with tons of amusing profanities. With lots of self-awareness, this movie turns into a celebration of all things childish befitting of this day and age.

The jokes are highly laugh inducing, appropriate for young kids but not too young since they spout curses as much as usual teen drama's couple bump into each other and fall in love at first sight. Funny, brazen and slightly dirty, it's a rough ride of modern comedy. 8/10
  23. Oct 12, 2012
    Please make a plan with your friends to go see this movie. Your friends and you will spend watching this great movie! Is great! Not only because of the funny moments, but it is original and fun!
  24. Apr 17, 2016
    21 Jump Street goes for a lot of laughs, and most of the gags hit their mark. The film satisfies as wish fulfillment; the chance to go to high school and gain acceptance from the in-crowd, and pass all the hard classes to feel smart. There's also an element of schadenfreude watching the once-popular Jenko--who was a jerk to Schmidt--get his comeuppance as he lives as a social outcast,21 Jump Street goes for a lot of laughs, and most of the gags hit their mark. The film satisfies as wish fulfillment; the chance to go to high school and gain acceptance from the in-crowd, and pass all the hard classes to feel smart. There's also an element of schadenfreude watching the once-popular Jenko--who was a jerk to Schmidt--get his comeuppance as he lives as a social outcast, while Schmidt gets much of the glory in their detective work. Where 21 Jump Street stumbles is in its storytelling. A subplot about Jenko's flirty chemistry teacher doesn't pay off because it gets dropped midway through (the conclusion, and footage during the end credits suggest there's more to it). It should also be mentioned that the action sequences aren't exciting, and a fight scene is shot too close in that blasted Shaky-Cam that's making its rounds as of late. However, such considerations are in some ways moot. 21 Jump Street is a class clown of a movie, just trying to get a laugh. Expand
  25. Mar 16, 2012
    Interesting film, 21 Jump Street is a bigger sorprise, I think that can be a disaster, but is same like the remake of Footloose. This film is amazing.
  26. Apr 22, 2013
    This was pretty funny, I`m glad I watched it cause I didn`t expect much frm it. No point in watching this if you have no sense of humor, I`m jughing this as a comedy movie not trying to compare this to Action movies.
  27. Jun 25, 2013
    This film tries to make you laugh. And it achieves that. The cast is hilarious and probably the best for that movie. This film has an intelligent plot and It was an interesting film. You won't get bored and you will laugh in many points and scenes in that movie. Thumbs up!
  28. Jun 9, 2013
    Based on an 80’s TV show that not many people will remember 21 Jump Street sees police academy graduates Schmidt and Jenko sent undercover to a local high school to infiltrate a local drugs ring. As the film happily admits during an early scene the US has hardly had a shortage of remakes in recent time but, while it perhaps tries a little too hard to be outrageous on occasions, 21 JumpBased on an 80’s TV show that not many people will remember 21 Jump Street sees police academy graduates Schmidt and Jenko sent undercover to a local high school to infiltrate a local drugs ring. As the film happily admits during an early scene the US has hardly had a shortage of remakes in recent time but, while it perhaps tries a little too hard to be outrageous on occasions, 21 Jump Street has enough clever ideas and laugh out loud moments to ensure fans of films such as The Hangover will not be disappointed. Expand
  29. Mar 16, 2012
    I haven't watched the old Johnny Depp days on "21 Jump Street." Ever since the FOX network debuted in the late 80's, I saw some great moments from the show and I finally rent the series on Netflix. Now I've heard that they make a big 21 Jump Street the same title as the TV series did, and it was great. I saw the trailer and it looked like a retrospective homage to "Buffy the VampireI haven't watched the old Johnny Depp days on "21 Jump Street." Ever since the FOX network debuted in the late 80's, I saw some great moments from the show and I finally rent the series on Netflix. Now I've heard that they make a big 21 Jump Street the same title as the TV series did, and it was great. I saw the trailer and it looked like a retrospective homage to "Buffy the Vampire Slayer" meets "Fast Times at Richmond High," But it's one of the best TV adaptations turned into a movie since "Charlie's Angels." Jonah Hill and Channing Tatum were incredibly funny, Ice Cube is hillarious, I might check it out this week. I wish the old 21 Jump Street could be bringing back on TV for re-runs. Expand
  30. Jun 13, 2014
    " We're reviving a canceled undercover police program from the '80s and revamping it for modern times. You see the guys in charge of this stuff lack creativity and are completely out of ideas, so all they do now is recycle **** from the past and expect us all not to notice."

So basically it came down to which movie i wanted to see more this weekend either "How to Train Your Dragon 2 or 22 Jump Street" having watched the first How to Train Your Dragon last month i decided that i should watch the this movie to see which one i wanted to see more this weekend at the theaters and for sure after this it is 22 Jump Street. 21 Jump Street had me laughing from start to finish which not many comedies can do that nowadays, it may be because i have only seen the movie once before when it first came out on DVD/Blu ray still though i highly enjoyed the movie. Now surprisingly i have never seen the the TV Show this is based off of and even despite it having johnny deep it was just one of those shows i never seem to watch while growing up so i never gave it a chance later on but after watching this i really want to check out the old stuff to see if it was just as great. It seems like a lot of people that had watched the TV Show didn't care to see a modern movie based on it and clearly by the reception it received from people its either they love it or hate it, i can say though right now i highly doubt my rating for this movie will change once i start watching the TV Show.

The movie starts out in 2005 and follows Morton Schmidt (Jonah Hill) a goofy looking Eminem wannabe and while trying to ask a really hot girl out to prom he is rudely interrupted by Greg Jenko (Channing Tatum) a **** jock who makes fun of him by calling him a nerd and saying that the chick is way out of his league. Schmidt gets embarrass and quickly walks away while Jenko is called into the principles office and is told that he can not attend prom as he has too low of grades. The movie then picks up seven years later, Schmidt is trying to enlist as a police officer and who does he see at registration, Jenko who then happens to recognizes Schmidt and says to him "not so slim shady, Whats up". They soon become friends as they help each other out with what area's they are lacking in Schmidt's being the physical aspect while Jenko's being the mental aspect of being a cop.

After awhile they graduate the police academy and now are official cops but instead of car chases and gun fights they are stuck on park duty riding bicycles with nothing to do but when they see a group of bikers smoking weed they jump into action. From here we see them get put into a undercover program for young immature cops called "21 Jump Street" led by Captain Dickson (Ice Cube) which seriously had me laughing so hard every time he spoke. Now we have our movie which has both Schmidt and Jenko back in high school only this time around it seems Schmidt is part of the popular group while Jenko is a nerd. Its the total opposite of what they originally were back then and now their job is to find out who is making this new type of drug that kids are overdosing on.

Seriously though this movie has so many funny moments from start to finish that it over shadows how hollow the overall plot is. Jonah Hill and Channing Tatum have amazing chemistry together seriously i cant remember the last time i laughed this hard while watching a buddy cop movie even the Sandra Bullock, Melissa McCarthy movie "The Heat" was no match for how great this movie was. Ice Cube was pure comedic gold see this is why he is a much better actor in rated R movies rather than PG-13 movies like he was in "Ride Along". Nick Offerman was great as the chief of police despite us not seeing that much of him also [spoiler] seeing Johnny Depp at the end was so crazy in no way did i realize that was him, it was even crazier when you see him and his partner Peter DeLuise who was also in the TV version of 21 Jump Street die and they have their own moment during a gun fight which seemed rather funny to me . [/spoiler] Overall i give it a 8.0 Seeing all the reviews, trailers, and tv spots, i have high hopes that the sequel will be just as great as this.
  31. Apr 3, 2012
    First off, i was impressed with this movie. I didn't think this movie would be good when i first saw the trailer. Yeah it had its funny parts (in the trailer) but i truly felt like i watched the entire movie from the theatrical trailer. I was wrong. This movie was hilarious and it had a good plot to it as well. This is very unusual once it comes to comedies nowadays. Movies like Project XFirst off, i was impressed with this movie. I didn't think this movie would be good when i first saw the trailer. Yeah it had its funny parts (in the trailer) but i truly felt like i watched the entire movie from the theatrical trailer. I was wrong. This movie was hilarious and it had a good plot to it as well. This is very unusual once it comes to comedies nowadays. Movies like Project X are just stupid because its alllll about teen partying, whereas in 21 jump street, you have multiple plots going on at once. This movie actually made you care about the characters which almost never happens in comedies today. 21 jump street had a very good story, very good acting by Channing Tatum (who i usually don't like at all) and from Jonah Hill who i think (excluding the sitter) has really stepped up his acting since his award worthy performance in Moneyball. This movie was of course, absolutely hilarious. Ice cubes character was small but memorable because he was just plain awesome. The film gets a bit cheesy with drama and such at some points but thats about the only flaw. This is the funniest movie of the year and one of the funniest in a very long time. I'll give 21 Jump Street an 8/10 Expand
  32. Dec 13, 2013
    Ridiculously funny and bizarre. Best comedy of 2012. The most I´ve laughed in a long time watching a movie. Both leading actors are good in their roles and even the supporting ones are nice to watch. There were a couple of moments I laughed out loud for several seconds, which is very rare in my case. The biggest props should go to the script and the hilarious situations it creates. Good stuff.
  33. Jun 16, 2012
    Amazing movie . It so funny and the story was really really great . Jonah & Channing duo was so perfect . The were funny and awesome . The story was good , so was the direction . The movie started amazingly and went through superbly . Only the last Limousine was too much . It would be more good it the last scene would take place at the prom floor . Except for the the whole film was maybeAmazing movie . It so funny and the story was really really great . Jonah & Channing duo was so perfect . The were funny and awesome . The story was good , so was the direction . The movie started amazingly and went through superbly . Only the last Limousine was too much . It would be more good it the last scene would take place at the prom floor . Except for the the whole film was maybe the funniest movie of 2012 so far !
    There will be a sequel and I hope it would release in the next summer !
  34. Mar 28, 2012
    First things first, this may be hard to believe but Channing Tatum is actually genuinely good in this film. He shows an adeptness for comedy that many would not expect. Perhaps his performance is in part due to his role, as the dumb jock of the pair, being naturally made for him. On the flip side, Jonah Hill plays the intelligent nerd of the pair, again a natural persona, and also deliversFirst things first, this may be hard to believe but Channing Tatum is actually genuinely good in this film. He shows an adeptness for comedy that many would not expect. Perhaps his performance is in part due to his role, as the dumb jock of the pair, being naturally made for him. On the flip side, Jonah Hill plays the intelligent nerd of the pair, again a natural persona, and also delivers a strong script consistently packed with gags. Although the film treads the familiar path of 80's buddy movies with a plot reminiscent of Bad Boys, it does so with a strong sense of self-parody mixed in to the hilarious gross-out humour. At no point is this clearer than when the police chief revives the defunct undercover programme and comments that nobody has any original ideas anymore so all that is left to do is lazily repeat previous work, a fun poke at the films 80's TV series origin of the same name and similar plot. The films final third drags on slightly, with a few drawn out action sequences displacing the fun for marginally too long but all things considered 21 Jump Street is a good value laugh out loud comedy. In one line, Superbad meets Bad Boys. Expand
  35. Jul 27, 2012
    So far, the funniest movie of the year, and one of the best I have seen in a long time. Tatum gives a surprisingly genuine (that is the word, here) comedic performance and Hill is typically freakin' hilarious. There is a real sense of brotherhood (if based somewhat off of stupidity) captured between the two characters that is endlessly watchable and the banter between everyone in the filmSo far, the funniest movie of the year, and one of the best I have seen in a long time. Tatum gives a surprisingly genuine (that is the word, here) comedic performance and Hill is typically freakin' hilarious. There is a real sense of brotherhood (if based somewhat off of stupidity) captured between the two characters that is endlessly watchable and the banter between everyone in the film is deliciously hilarious. Ice Cube in particular deserves props for every word he speaks throughout. There is a quality of self-awareness that, without, the film would have not stayed afloat and the same kind of hyper-zany energy that Lord and Miller captured in their first animated feature translates even better to foul mouthed live action. An endlessly quotable action comedy by means of a raunchier 'The Other Guys' that I highly recommend. Expand
  36. Aug 28, 2012
    This film was a genuine surprise, proved to be better than I expected. Jonah Hill proved himself to be a great actor and a good screenplay writer once again. Watching Channing Tatum doing comedy was great, I liked the performances by both of them. Moving on to the film, there were a few boring scenes, I agree but there were some hilarious ones as well. The plot of the film was good,This film was a genuine surprise, proved to be better than I expected. Jonah Hill proved himself to be a great actor and a good screenplay writer once again. Watching Channing Tatum doing comedy was great, I liked the performances by both of them. Moving on to the film, there were a few boring scenes, I agree but there were some hilarious ones as well. The plot of the film was good, something different and enjoyable and the use of bizarre graphics made it look more ridiculous. Thumbs up to Chris Miller and Phil Lord for making a good, funny film that I can watch again and laugh like I am watching it for the first time. Expand
  37. Jun 1, 2016
    Blown away! No expectations what so ever. I wasn't even born when the old series was out and this movie puts a flip on the old show. An includes a hilarious cameo!
  38. Feb 27, 2015
    It is an interesting movie. Even I have not shaved for a while in a comedy film. I think it's one of the best films. I recommend it.******************
  39. Apr 21, 2014
    One of my favourite comedy movies of all time. It is hilarious, Jonah Hills character in this movie is so funny and says so many funny jokes. I enjoy him more in this movie than Superbad. This movie is funny the whole time from the beginning to the end with out ever letting up. The best comedy movie of 2012 and one of my all time favourite comedy's.
  40. Oct 22, 2014
    Schmidt and Jenko are more than ready to leave their adolescent problems behind. Joining the police force and the secret Jump Street unit, they use their youthful appearances to go undercover in a local high school. As they trade in their guns and badges for backpacks, Schmidt and Jenko risk their lives to investigate a violent and dangerous drug ring. But they find that high school isSchmidt and Jenko are more than ready to leave their adolescent problems behind. Joining the police force and the secret Jump Street unit, they use their youthful appearances to go undercover in a local high school. As they trade in their guns and badges for backpacks, Schmidt and Jenko risk their lives to investigate a violent and dangerous drug ring. But they find that high school is nothing like they left it just a few years earlier ­and neither expects that they will have to confront the terror and anxiety of being a teenager again and all the issues they thought they had left behind. Expand
  41. Aug 18, 2012
    To quote a character from this film: 'We're reviving a canceled undercover project from the '80s and revamping it for modern times. The people behind this lack creativity and they've run out of ideas, so what they do now is just recycle **** from the past and hope that nobody will notice'. That's true for this film but actualy coz they poke fun at themselves and the classic buddy movieTo quote a character from this film: 'We're reviving a canceled undercover project from the '80s and revamping it for modern times. The people behind this lack creativity and they've run out of ideas, so what they do now is just recycle **** from the past and hope that nobody will notice'. That's true for this film but actualy coz they poke fun at themselves and the classic buddy movie stereotypes and clichés it's actualy enjoyable and sometimes even funny. Yes, they also have some of those obligatory awkward scenes but not too many. Don't get me wrong, this is not a 'good' film like e.g. Hot Fuzz but as good as it gets for American comedies these days. Expand
  42. Jul 15, 2012
    This was a very funny film. Jonah Hill and Channing Tatum were hilarious in their roles, and Johnny Depp made a hilarious cameo appearance. Sometimes there was a little too much going on, but mostly it was a very funny and suprisingly action-savvy romp.
  43. Jun 3, 2012
    Funny & Smart..
    One Of The Best Movie's Of The Year! (So Far...)
  44. Mar 23, 2012
    Loved it too as I laughed out loud. If you are looking for a fun popcorn movie this is it. Everyone did an outstanding job. Just don't take it too seriously and you will have lots of fun.
  45. Apr 22, 2012
    One of the greatest comedies I've seen in a while. Great acting by Jonah and Channing, great supporting cast (Ice Cube, Johnny Depp, etc.), and very true to the TV show. Well done.
  46. Dec 11, 2014
    Interesting premise and a hilarious effort from both Channing Tatum and Jonah Hill. These two definitely have a great on-screen chemistry as partners-in-crime/bros. Ridiculous and silly, this movie is worth a watch for some good laughs and entertainment.
  47. Jun 20, 2013
    "21 Jump Street" is amazing, hilarious and clever, it has action sequences, laugh out loud parts, with a great cast and an original story, this movie is just so great.
  48. Apr 9, 2012
    A fantastically funny action-comedy! 21 Jump Street is without doubt the best comedy i've saw in a while. Granted, it's ridiculously over the top, but it's immensly entertaining and wonderfully witty and the pairing of Channing Tatum and Jonah Hill has proved to be a winning combination. I myself didn't see the original but the decision to reboot the tv show and bring it to the big screenA fantastically funny action-comedy! 21 Jump Street is without doubt the best comedy i've saw in a while. Granted, it's ridiculously over the top, but it's immensly entertaining and wonderfully witty and the pairing of Channing Tatum and Jonah Hill has proved to be a winning combination. I myself didn't see the original but the decision to reboot the tv show and bring it to the big screen was a brilliant one! The premise is simple enough two rookie cops (Tatum & Hill) are sent back to high school, undercover charged with the task of finding a new synthetic drug and locate the supplier. Ice Cube is awesome as their captain and seems a natural in the role but the bromance between Jonah Hill and Channing Tatum is terrific and they have a cracking chimstry to work of each other providing endless entertainment throughout as well as some hugely hilarious moments that are funny frequently throughout, the film also has the icing on the top with a cameo appearance from one Johnny Depp from the original. All in all i throuroughly enjoyed 21 Jump Street! It was a genuinely funny film that provided awesome entertainment and plenty of LOL moments. Comedy gold, dynamite movie! Expand
  49. Aug 10, 2012
    This film doesn't have any serious or strong messages and won't ever be mistaken for a major cinematic achievement, but it may just be the funniest movie I've seen in years, as I haven't laughed that hard in a long time.
  50. Mar 26, 2016
  51. Apr 14, 2012
    I'm not one for comedic movies, but I have to admit this one was pretty entertaining. This is new territory for Tatum and he clearly shines in the role, and Jonah Hill is as steady as always. It's over the top, loud, outrageous, and clever. My only complaint is the beginning of the film is somewhat dry; few laughs and not much going on. The remaining 80% lives up to the hype.
  52. May 4, 2014
    Surprisingly fun! this film is one of the funniest movies I have ever seen. Channing and Jonnah are absolutely hysterical. The script is hilarious and just all around impressive! cant wait for the sequel!
  53. Jun 2, 2012
    I really wasn't expecting much from this movie because the trailers looked pretty bad, but it was actually good, and very funny. Both Channing Tatum and Jonah Hill are perfect for the roles they played. My only complaint is that it stuck a little too close to the formula for these types of movies.
  54. Jun 3, 2015
    21 Jump Street succeeds because it is very funny and the chemistry between the two stars (Channing Tatum and Jonah Hill) is great. Ice Cube delivers a hilarious performance as their police superior and it is all very fun. Would recommend.
  55. Mar 19, 2012
    Thanks to this movie, I now believe that there is confidence to be had in the movies of 2012. The laugh-out-loud action comedy "21 Jump Street" is the best film I have seen since "The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo." The raunchy humor, the "bromance" of the two leads, the co-stars/cameos, I laughed throughout the entire film. Another thing I would like to point out is that it shows how muchThanks to this movie, I now believe that there is confidence to be had in the movies of 2012. The laugh-out-loud action comedy "21 Jump Street" is the best film I have seen since "The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo." The raunchy humor, the "bromance" of the two leads, the co-stars/cameos, I laughed throughout the entire film. Another thing I would like to point out is that it shows how much the youth has changed in the past 10 years and how that works out great for the film. Go see this movie in theaters now, or buy it on DVD. This is a must watch film Expand
  56. Jun 28, 2015
    Total surprise what a fun time this movie is. I was honestly going to just wait to rent it but I heard good things and was so glad I changed my mind and saw it in theaters
  57. Mar 24, 2012
    I haven't laughed this hard at a movie in a long time. A very funny, and very entertaining movie. Sort of turned into an action movie at the end, but was still funny as it went along. See it in theatres if possible
  58. Jul 2, 2015
    A really solid and smart comedy. The "action" scenes are goofy without being too over the top. The jokes and fish-out-of-water stuff works well. Unlike most movies I end up seeing (sci-fi or crime stuff), I could generally say that most people should see this to unwind.
  59. Mar 21, 2012
    There is so much that could have gone wrong with this movie, but thanks to everyone involved, and especially Jonah Hill, (who co-wrote the intelligent script) make it a memorable gem. Honestly I haven't seen a film that had me laughing this much for years. Balancing whip-smart satire and meta-comedy with the immaturity of high school lets '21 Jump Street' transcend it's genre. This worthThere is so much that could have gone wrong with this movie, but thanks to everyone involved, and especially Jonah Hill, (who co-wrote the intelligent script) make it a memorable gem. Honestly I haven't seen a film that had me laughing this much for years. Balancing whip-smart satire and meta-comedy with the immaturity of high school lets '21 Jump Street' transcend it's genre. This worth seeing in theatres for the audience participation, (it had the packed theatre in stitches and clapping during the funniest parts), and worth seeing in general for the great script. In addition, Jonah Hill and Channing Tatum are one of the funniest comedy teams in years, Jonah Hill plays a reversal of most of his roles while Tatum plays the deadpan delivery for some of the biggest laughs in the movie. Tatum may have just found a new genre for himself, and proves he's a better actor than his typical fare has led us to believe, and returns to the glory of his "Stop-Loss" performance. Overall, "21 Jump Street" is original, hilarious and continually surprising. Expand
  60. Mar 22, 2016
    The title 21 Jump Street probably means very little to most people under 30, particularly in Britain, where the 1980s Johnny Depp-starring cop show, in which patently adult police officers posed as teenagers to solve crime, never caught on in quite the way it did in America. Certainly it’s no cultural touchstone for ‘The Kids’, who make up much of the target audience for this. Honestly, itThe title 21 Jump Street probably means very little to most people under 30, particularly in Britain, where the 1980s Johnny Depp-starring cop show, in which patently adult police officers posed as teenagers to solve crime, never caught on in quite the way it did in America. Certainly it’s no cultural touchstone for ‘The Kids’, who make up much of the target audience for this. Honestly, it doesn’t really matter if you’ve never even heard the name before. Nostalgic familiarity is of very minor importance in enjoying a film that is often inspired, frequently insane and always very, very funny.

21 Jump Street is a very weird comedy. It’s sort of ‘Michel Gondry makes a high-school movie with Judd Apatow’ weird. That’s a good kind of weird, but it’s weird nevertheless. The story itself is perfectly normal: two very different cops (Channing Tatum and Jonah Hill) are sent undercover to bust a high-school drugs ring, which requires them to pretend to be teenagers and relive their school years, during which they hated each other. The comedy is abnormal. It covers very broad slapstick (people deliberately running over each other with cars), to nakedly meta (particularly a long speech in which a character complains about nobody doing anything original anymore, instead just recycling old stuff nobody remembers), to odd for the sake of odd (Korean Jesus). It throws jokes at the screen with such frenetic frequency that some inevitably won’t stick, but more than enough do, even ones that don’t make much in the way of actual sense. By the time you’ve realised that you’ve just laughed at a situation you don’t wholly understand it’s gone and you’re on to the next one.

Hill co-wrote with Michael Bacall (Scott Pilgrim Vs. The World) and they make some very astute choices in their depiction of high school. It’s not the typical 40-year-old’s view of school that we usually see in movies, where all the popular kids are jocks or cheerleaders, anyone who cares even remotely about anything is a nerd, and somewhere there’s a grouchy head teacher who has plenty of time to dedicate to busting just one kid. It’s far more intelligently observed than that. The cool kids (led by Dave Franco, who is smartly, gently emerging from his elder brother’s shadow, and the adorable Brie Larson) actually care about their future and don’t spend their time seeking people to bully. One of them is gay and nobody gives a damn. There’s a very small but brilliant moment where a character expresses dismay when someone phones her, because she “only ever texts” unless it’s her mother. The science kids are still seen as desperately sad, but then some things are just eternal.

While the laughs work in the majority of cases, it is quite scrappy in terms of story. This has the feel of a film that improvised for hours and then worked out later how to piece it all together. There are the vital story beats that it knows to hit, but in-between these it veers off in myriad directions, seemingly sometimes unsure itself of what this bit is about. When it goes somewhere funny that’s not an issue, but you do occasionally want to just give it a shove back onto the rails. It’s so antic that some scenes appear just a few moments and one more screaming argument away from tipping over into a mess, though thankfully it always pulls back just in time.

Of the leads, it’s surprising that it’s Tatum who stands out. He’s always been a capable actor but hasn’t really been the standout in anything since A Guide To Recognising Your Saints. This is quite possibly the performance of his career. He proves himself to be a skilled, loose comedian. His simple-minded character, who winds up posing as a science-brain through a very silly mix-up, is thoroughly charming and, possibly by accident, the real heart of the movie, as he realises he’s better than just the dumb jock. Hill is called upon to be more obnoxious as a guy getting a second chance at the popularity A-list after spending his teenage years as the permanent outsider. It’s something Hill knows how to do well — this role isn’t vastly removed from his turn in Superbad — though there is a stretch towards the end of the film where he becomes so self-important and unlikable that it pretty much kills the comedy. The Hill and Tatum double act is one that has many reasons why it shouldn’t work, yet, like the film around them, it’s so inherently mismatched that its oddness becomes its greatest asset.

21 Jump Street has that Anchorman experimental-chaos vibe, with all the hit-and-miss moments that implies. It’s completely lunatic and sort of a mess. It’s also the funniest high-school comedy to come out of Hollywood in ages.
  61. Mar 16, 2012
    21 Jump Street goes for a lot of laughs, and most of the gags hit their mark. The film satisfies as wish fulfillment; the chance to go to high school and gain acceptance from the in-crowd, and pass all the hard classes to feel smart. There's also an element of schadenfreude watching the once-popular Jenko--who was a jerk to Schmidt--get his comeuppance as he lives as a social outcast,21 Jump Street goes for a lot of laughs, and most of the gags hit their mark. The film satisfies as wish fulfillment; the chance to go to high school and gain acceptance from the in-crowd, and pass all the hard classes to feel smart. There's also an element of schadenfreude watching the once-popular Jenko--who was a jerk to Schmidt--get his comeuppance as he lives as a social outcast, while Schmidt gets much of the glory in their detective work. Where 21 Jump Street stumbles is in its storytelling. A subplot about Jenko's flirty chemistry teacher doesn't pay off because it gets dropped midway through (the conclusion, and footage during the end credits suggest there's more to it). It should also be mentioned that the action sequences aren't exciting, and a fight scene is shot too close in that blasted Shaky-Cam that's making its rounds as of late. However, such considerations are in some ways moot. 21 Jump Street is a class clown of a movie, just trying to get a laugh. Full review on my blog. Expand
  62. Jul 26, 2012
    Great movie. There were some points when I laughed out loud, but they weren't the moments I expected to be laughing at. There were many failed jokes in the movie but what I was happy about was that this movie was a comedy film, with an actual story. And just a stupid story. The movie was funny, entertaining, and it had Jonah Hill so of course its awesome.
  63. Feb 20, 2014
    [7.4] This movie is the best kind of stupid: a mind numbing, completely self-conscious, ridiculous, and somehow smart stupid. It's consistently funny, clever, and as long as you go into expecting what you would normally expect from Jonah Hill, you'll be more than happy.
  64. Feb 9, 2013
    To tell you all the truth I've never even heard of the television show before of this movie and to tell you all the truth I don't really care about that, because my lack of knowledge never hindered my enjoyment of this movie one bit. This is a weird comedy in the sense that there are so many jokes, ranging from slapstick to stupidly weird, that obviously some don't work but a lot actuallyTo tell you all the truth I've never even heard of the television show before of this movie and to tell you all the truth I don't really care about that, because my lack of knowledge never hindered my enjoyment of this movie one bit. This is a weird comedy in the sense that there are so many jokes, ranging from slapstick to stupidly weird, that obviously some don't work but a lot actually do. You'll find yourself laughing at things that don't actually make much sense but they're funny all the same. The depiction of high school is also very different...that is actually intelligent. Its not the same old high school with the same stereotypes this one actually makes sense. Even though the comedy is first class, the plot is a bit of a mess. Its not bad but it gets distracted on a number of occasions. The leads are also weird they are so mismatched that they actually work....Tantum gives a great performance and Hill is in his environment but its the relationship that shines. Expand
  65. May 25, 2012
    "21 Jump Street," this yearâ
  66. May 16, 2012
    what a classic comedy this movie made me laugh to the point where Dr.pepper came out of my nose. Jonah hill has been a comedy genius for a long time and this movie was his best since Take him to the greek
  67. Apr 5, 2012
    Angels: This week I became a movie God-I saw 3 movies! And, the best of the lot was 21 Jump street. It was a very good comedy, up there with 'the hangover', 'horrible bosses', 'blades of glory' and 'white chicks' though not quite as good as say 'A Fish Called Wanda'. The plot was clever, and the characterization was first-rate. I am not a Jonah Hill fan, but he was funny, and as one ofAngels: This week I became a movie God-I saw 3 movies! And, the best of the lot was 21 Jump street. It was a very good comedy, up there with 'the hangover', 'horrible bosses', 'blades of glory' and 'white chicks' though not quite as good as say 'A Fish Called Wanda'. The plot was clever, and the characterization was first-rate. I am not a Jonah Hill fan, but he was funny, and as one of the writers, he may have more talent as a comic writer than as a comic actor. And young Channing Tatum. What can I say? I have seen him in a dance movie, an action movie, a romantic comedy, and now a comedy, and he has the physical appeal (he is a dreamboat) and the acting skill to shine in each category. It was also good to see Ice Cube who has more comedic acting talent than he is credited for. I only give this movie a 9 because of the plethora (abundance) of curse words. Now, I am not a prude. Growing up in a big city, i used 'industrial' language as much as the next person. However, sometimes bad language is a substitute for funny dialog. And occasionally that is what I though here. (That is why 'A Fish Called Wanda' is so good. Funny dialog with few curse words.) Anyway, 21 Jump Street is a very funny, very enjoyable movie.( My honey, who hates cursing, nevertheless really enjoyed the movie.)
    Angels: Watch over me.
  68. Mar 3, 2013
    I personally loved this movie and you should too. It was one of the funniest movies I've ever seen if not the BEST movie. Although i will say the end is a bit gross but still funny and one heck of a great movie!
  69. Mar 16, 2012
    Back in 1987, the fledgling Fox Network debuted, offering entertainment on Saturday and Sunday evenings aimed at a younger audience. One of the networkâ
  70. Mar 29, 2012
    As soon as the movie starts it a non-stop joy -ride. As soon as you see Jonah Hill dressed like Eminem (Rapper), you will laugh you head off. As soon as you see Tatum in long hair you will laugh even harder.
  71. Jun 30, 2012
    This movie was great for me because it took risks in many ways, and most comedies haven't been doing that lately, or doing it too much. 21 Jump Street did it perfectly. It did the classic tv show justice, but is certainly different. The plot was decent, the comedy was awesome, and little things kept people on their toes. Also, I would like to point out a great performance by James Franco'sThis movie was great for me because it took risks in many ways, and most comedies haven't been doing that lately, or doing it too much. 21 Jump Street did it perfectly. It did the classic tv show justice, but is certainly different. The plot was decent, the comedy was awesome, and little things kept people on their toes. Also, I would like to point out a great performance by James Franco's brother. I personally have no qualms with this film and plan on buying it soon. A must have for comedy fans. Expand
  72. Jul 9, 2012
    I went into 21 Jump Street with moderately high expectations because of what my friends were telling me about it. This is by far one of the best comedies to come out in the past couple of years. I
  73. Mar 17, 2012
    Great movie, if you liked Superbad, you will most likely love this movie just as much. You can tell they put alot of research into it and inside jokes about Hollywood are hilarious!
  74. Mar 24, 2012
    I thought this movie would be terrible when I saw the first previews months ago, but I gave the movie a shot and was pleasantly surprised. I couldn't imagine Channing Tatum being funny, but his chemistry with Jonah Hill is perfect. The movie is pretty over the top, but it works. For every scene that is ridiculous, there is a scene that brings the movie back down to Earth. EssentiallyI thought this movie would be terrible when I saw the first previews months ago, but I gave the movie a shot and was pleasantly surprised. I couldn't imagine Channing Tatum being funny, but his chemistry with Jonah Hill is perfect. The movie is pretty over the top, but it works. For every scene that is ridiculous, there is a scene that brings the movie back down to Earth. Essentially this movie boils down to Hill and Tatum reliving their high school years, but it somehow doesn't come across as being too cliche despite the millions of high school movies out there. The movie even gets more entertaining as it goes on. Ice Cube plays their angry black captain and is pretty damn funny, although he doesn't come close to being as funny as P. Diddy in Get Him to the Greek. Is this movie a classic? No. However, it's been a long time since I've seen a movie as funny as this so it deserves a lot of credit. Comedies are on the decline, and 21 Jump Street just re-raised the bar for the genre. Expand
  75. Jul 18, 2012
    I found the film absolutely hilarious. Tatum and Hill never cease to get into situations that would provide comic relief to all types of audiences. It's definitely worth watching.
  76. Mar 20, 2012
    Honestly, I think 21 Jump Street is the first really must see movie of the year. There have been some other good movies so far this year (Chronicle, The Lorax, Jeff Who Lives at Home) but this is the first great movie. I didn't expect too much from this film, which is usually a great indicator for a potentially great movie. It's a great blend of action, comedy and a decent story. ObviouslyHonestly, I think 21 Jump Street is the first really must see movie of the year. There have been some other good movies so far this year (Chronicle, The Lorax, Jeff Who Lives at Home) but this is the first great movie. I didn't expect too much from this film, which is usually a great indicator for a potentially great movie. It's a great blend of action, comedy and a decent story. Obviously with guys like Jonah Hill and Channing Tatum starring, you'll be getting a bit more comedy than action, and really that works out just fine. Of course, the humor isn't for everyone, obviously some people don't have a funny bone in their body and will find this movie to be "childish" and "immature" but really, it's exactly the kind of movie needed. Expand
  77. Jul 14, 2012
    This movie is really awesome, it's difficult to me to laugh watching a movie, but this movie, can do it ... And I'm very surprised, and I loved it... WATCH.. You're going to laugh since the start, until the end of the movie..
  78. Mar 16, 2012
    Irrelevant and cheesy at times, the uproarious jokes in 21 Jump Street makes it so you don't even care about the unoriginal plot lines. Reminiscent of Superbad, 21 Jump Street will have you laughing throughout the movie as Jonah Hill and Channing Tatum deliver comedic performances beyond what I thought they were capable of. With the mix of Ice Cube, Johnny Depp cameo, and a very wittyIrrelevant and cheesy at times, the uproarious jokes in 21 Jump Street makes it so you don't even care about the unoriginal plot lines. Reminiscent of Superbad, 21 Jump Street will have you laughing throughout the movie as Jonah Hill and Channing Tatum deliver comedic performances beyond what I thought they were capable of. With the mix of Ice Cube, Johnny Depp cameo, and a very witty script, 21 Jump Street turns into a hilarious comedy not seen since Bridesmaids. Expand
  79. Apr 28, 2012
    I really liked this movie. It was very funny and over the top with some cringy moments. The only thing that let it down in some parts was that it was slightly over juvenile and blunt .
  80. Jun 4, 2012
    Great movie! I may not recommend going to theatres to see it, but definitely pick it up on DVD or Blu Ray. Channing was surprisingly funny and Jonah Hill did well in his own right. Not as much emphasis on drugs as I would have thought, but still a good watch nonetheless.
  81. Jul 31, 2012
    The two leads are great, and the direction even greater. I love how the movie was self-aware of what it was while never taking you too out of the experience. 21 Jump Street isn't just one of the funniest movies of 2012, but a also a smart satire of the times, and one of the best buddy-cop movies I've ever seen.
  82. Mar 22, 2012
    I just wish they had tone down the profanity a tad bit, sometimes it kills the flow of the movie, simply because it gets overwhelmingly vulgar, this film was obviously catered to teen high-schoolers
  83. Apr 1, 2012
    So funny! I loved this! it wasn't one of those movies where the trailer was only funny. But this movie was hilarious the entire way through. it was stupid humour and I loved it!
  84. Mar 18, 2012
    A movie is great only if the audience enjoy it. This one is funny and funny only. If you would like to watch a comedy show with no agenda involved. You would definitely like it if you are expecting a funny movie which can keep you laughing till the end.
  85. Mar 21, 2012
    As witty as it is funny, 21 Jump Street manages to fire on all cylinders throughout. Satisfying comedy fans and action fans, this film transcends genres very well. A well crafted story as well as a cast that rivals any movie in Hollywood, and you have a winning combination. Besides the beginning sequence, the movie is well paced and allows you to follow every joke and punchline withoutAs witty as it is funny, 21 Jump Street manages to fire on all cylinders throughout. Satisfying comedy fans and action fans, this film transcends genres very well. A well crafted story as well as a cast that rivals any movie in Hollywood, and you have a winning combination. Besides the beginning sequence, the movie is well paced and allows you to follow every joke and punchline without any trouble. The comedy is clever and the acting is handled extremely well. This is a rare movie that had me laughing all the way through and one that I wouldn't mind seeing again in theaters. I recommend it to anybody that wants a laugh and is looking for a good movie to see with your significant other or friends. Classic comedy that will be referenced for years to come! Expand
  86. Apr 10, 2012
    I went into this not expecting too much. A remake of an 80s series that isn't very well in todays world. I was shocked to find a gem of a movie. It's neo-humor about it being a remake and performances that really deliver much needed heart to the movie, will leave you happy with the finished product. Yes, it is not Shakespeare, but what you get is a fun 90-minute action-comedy in the veinI went into this not expecting too much. A remake of an 80s series that isn't very well in todays world. I was shocked to find a gem of a movie. It's neo-humor about it being a remake and performances that really deliver much needed heart to the movie, will leave you happy with the finished product. Yes, it is not Shakespeare, but what you get is a fun 90-minute action-comedy in the vein of Rush Hour or Pineapple Express. Well worth a viewing. I am sure there was a lot of unused footage, that I look forward to viewing on an extended blu-ray release. Highly recommended. Expand
  87. May 26, 2012
    At times the story struggles, but the comedic combination of Hill and Tatum is surprisingly competent. Went in expecting a 4/10, far exceeded expectations. An instant classic.
  88. Dec 30, 2013
    I came with some very low expectations to this film, and was pleasantly surprised.
    The humor is witty, nerdy, and smart; the plot is a light parody of the genre, as well as current trends among youth; and there's even a surprise cameo by a big star that the ladies can't seem to get enough of.
    It was enjoyable all the way through.
  89. Sep 17, 2013
    This film is funny in a way that teenagers will understand meaning it's audience will last forever and parents will show it to their children when they grow up, i believe this will be a classic.
  90. Jun 17, 2014
    I don't know why there are so many bad reviews. I loved the first part of the movie, it was hilarious to me. However the second half of the movie was downright boring and I just couldn't wait for it to be over.
  91. Mar 24, 2012
    This movie was an all out romp! The best movie Jonah has done since Superbad, and it was surprising to say that after this movie, Channing is on my comedy movie radar! The movie is **** hilarious and takes a surprisingly violent twist at the end! Amazing!
  92. Mar 16, 2012
    Loved it. Ridiculous and over the top, silly fun. Channing and Jonah are a surprisingly entertaining comedic team. A bit heavy on the profanity and a couple of senseless gross out scenes but worth a trip to the movie theatre for this one. Audience during my midnight screening laughed throughout the movie.
  93. Apr 19, 2012
    Never did like Channing Tatum or Jonah Hill but in this movie, their not bad. Jonah Hill was actually funny and Channing Tatum was actually acting. The storyline was somewhat close to the orginial TV show and even had the orginial guys do a cameo, which was really cool. The movie did have me at time laughing and feeling for the characters for it really spoke to me. So for that I wouldNever did like Channing Tatum or Jonah Hill but in this movie, their not bad. Jonah Hill was actually funny and Channing Tatum was actually acting. The storyline was somewhat close to the orginial TV show and even had the orginial guys do a cameo, which was really cool. The movie did have me at time laughing and feeling for the characters for it really spoke to me. So for that I would recommend all to go catch a matinee and have some fun! Expand
  94. Aug 5, 2012
    Well made, ,,21 Jump Street'' is more like satire over the comedy movies and their cliche. Is not extremely funny, but does its job in a soft way, by simple jokes and goofs, just like the comedy genre had used to became, but still remains one of 2012 best comedies
  95. Jun 3, 2014
    I like everything about 21 Jump Street. Maybe it's my favorite movie! lol I've watched it several times and I still laugh at the jokes. Channing and Jonah have a lot of chemistry on screen!
  96. Apr 2, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I absolutely loved this movie. It was a great comedy with great character development, and plenty of dirty sex jokes. I was actually quite surprised when I saw this. With most comedies, what they show in the trailer is the only funny parts of the movie. With this, I was laughing my butt off the whole way through. My only problem was the fact that it was a very predictable movie and the ending can be guessed correctly very early in the show. Highly recommend! Expand
  97. Apr 8, 2012
    First off: quite hilarious, with a variety of jokes. A lot of self-aware references, with a good deal of potty humor, mixed in with mistaken identity/situational sitcom jokes make some humor for everyone. The action isnt anything special, and serves more as a plot device. The emotional situations are pretty shallow. If you want a pure comedy, this will be a 10.
  98. Feb 2, 2013
    From a teen perspective who i'm sure the film is targeted towards i found this film both entertaining and hilarious. I deem it the perfect 'friends night in' film, if your friends, like mine, enjoy a mix of 'laugh out loud' humour and an interesting, at times immature (but still very real) narrative. I don't like seeing that both users and critics have slated this film. This film neverFrom a teen perspective who i'm sure the film is targeted towards i found this film both entertaining and hilarious. I deem it the perfect 'friends night in' film, if your friends, like mine, enjoy a mix of 'laugh out loud' humour and an interesting, at times immature (but still very real) narrative. I don't like seeing that both users and critics have slated this film. This film never claims to try to be a serious film in the slightest so don't take it as one. Whilst the film doesn't offer seriousness, it offers great humour, good story line and good acting. Go watch it. Expand
  99. Mar 26, 2012
    I loved this movie and so did everyone else I brought with me. From the sound of it, most of the theater we were in loved it as well. Channing and Jonah were a good funny combo. Without a doubt, this is one of the funniest movies I have seen in a long time. Don't go in expecting a brilliant cop drama with some humor. This is dumb entertainment that several times makes fun of itself andI loved this movie and so did everyone else I brought with me. From the sound of it, most of the theater we were in loved it as well. Channing and Jonah were a good funny combo. Without a doubt, this is one of the funniest movies I have seen in a long time. Don't go in expecting a brilliant cop drama with some humor. This is dumb entertainment that several times makes fun of itself and similar movies. Expand
  100. May 15, 2012
    I was going into this move just thinking it was something to watch. But WOW this movie is hysterical. I couldn't stop laughing the entire movie. Not only is Jonah Hill as funny as I thought he would be but Channing Tatum put up some really funny moments. Not only is this a must see its a must Buy. You will not be disappointed with this movie. NOT for young kids.

1. Reviewed by: Andrew Lapin
    Mar 19, 2012
    The devil-may-care attitude is what makes 21 Jump Street so entertaining.
  2. Reviewed by: Ben Sachs
    Mar 18, 2012
    Directors Phil Lord and Chris Miller (Cloudy With a Chance of Meatballs) seem to be after the gentle irreverence of David Gordon Green's buddy flick "Pineapple Express," but without his sensitivity and attention to character the movie quickly grows monotonous.
  3. Reviewed by: James Mottram
    Mar 16, 2012
    With Hill on co-scripting duties with Scott Pilgrim scribe Michael Bacall, 21 Jump Street was always going to live or die by its gags. Fortunately, it boasts that sweet-yet-dirty comedy that Hill revels in.