7.6

1. Nov 24, 2014
    I don't know how I was dragged into watching this movie, perhaps I thought it was going to pass off as an acceptable one. Since my first run-through, I have not had any intention of returning to it. Partially funny, when it's not forced, and even then, no more then a chuckle. It's dull humor at it's finest, and thus I can see why it would appeal to the masses. Unfortunately, I would walkI don't know how I was dragged into watching this movie, perhaps I thought it was going to pass off as an acceptable one. Since my first run-through, I have not had any intention of returning to it. Partially funny, when it's not forced, and even then, no more then a chuckle. It's dull humor at it's finest, and thus I can see why it would appeal to the masses. Unfortunately, I would walk away from my TV set if it came on. With the promise of not returning for it's sequel. Expand
  2. Oct 20, 2014
    I just watched this on iTunes, tricked into believing that it was a good movie by the Tomatometer, its Average Rating and the good Metacritic score... and I have once again lost faith in all of these aggregate ratings. There were a few good jokes in this movie, but that's really the only positive thing I can think of. The movie is largely predictable, and when it's not that's only becauseI just watched this on iTunes, tricked into believing that it was a good movie by the Tomatometer, its Average Rating and the good Metacritic score... and I have once again lost faith in all of these aggregate ratings. There were a few good jokes in this movie, but that's really the only positive thing I can think of. The movie is largely predictable, and when it's not that's only because of a) a ridiculously unbelievable turn of events, or b) a huge plot hole. The writing is just plain stupid and infantile. Unfortunately the acting is bad too - with Brie Larson as Molly being the _only_ exception, but she hardly gets any screen time.

All in all this is a dumb, unfunny, superfluous film. Don't believe any of the 8/9/10 ratings.
  3. Oct 18, 2014
    Un claro ejemplo de película americana que no hace ninguna gracia. Solo funcionan algunas escenas puntuales de Jonah Hill, el resto es una basura. Tatum nunca es gracioso (los guapos nunca hacen gracia, es así), la trama es aburrida, Ice Cube está exagerado y cansa, el final es absurdo.
    Un 7,6... ¿quién vota aquí?
  4. Aug 5, 2014
    I actually wanted to see 22 Jump Street but after reading it was a sequel I went and watched this instead. It was a complete waste of my time, humor is immature and pathetic and acting is bad. At least I know not to waste my time on the sequel.
  5. Aug 3, 2014
    Cussing is not a substitute for emoting. I've never heard anyone actually talk like the people in this movie. It's like they think they can manually inject some emotion into their shattered souls with profanity. If you want to watch stupid kids be stupid kids for two hours, go see this movie. Be prepared for a sprinkling of nightmarish images that are played off as jokes. It's allCussing is not a substitute for emoting. I've never heard anyone actually talk like the people in this movie. It's like they think they can manually inject some emotion into their shattered souls with profanity. If you want to watch stupid kids be stupid kids for two hours, go see this movie. Be prepared for a sprinkling of nightmarish images that are played off as jokes. It's all right, you're an expert at repressing that stuff. They got a script written by someone who didn't know what they wanted to say, and a group of people who don't care about acting or film, but are just dishonest enough to pretend like they do. The one ray of hope, I guess, is the nerd crowd, but they got precious little screen time, and, if they had gotten more, it probably would have just been to show them 'loosening up' and doing something horrible, thereby gaining acceptance so we can all sing coombaya and realize we're not so different after all. I can say the editing was good, and there were one or two actual laughs from me, but I wish I hadn't watched it Expand
  6. Jan 15, 2014
    Wasn't impressed.
    The movie has its nice moments. But overall it's mostly infantile humor and silly and unconvincing storyline didn't do it for me.
    For a good silly film watch any mel brooks movie.
  7. Nov 23, 2012
    I was very disappointed by this movie. It has some funny parts, but nothing hysterical. I always give movies their full length to impress me, but this just got worse and worse and worse and worse. The characters are very unrealistic and the story even more. I do not recommend this to anyone. Why this movie received four-stars I will never understand. Again, don't waste your time on theI was very disappointed by this movie. It has some funny parts, but nothing hysterical. I always give movies their full length to impress me, but this just got worse and worse and worse and worse. The characters are very unrealistic and the story even more. I do not recommend this to anyone. Why this movie received four-stars I will never understand. Again, don't waste your time on the ridiculously, dull, predictable movie. Expand
  8. Nov 21, 2012
    The guys in the movie are not funny, are only really stupid !!! So, all these make the movie a stupid movie.
    I wonder how come a junk movie like this one can get such good reviews !?!?!?!
  9. Sep 3, 2012
    Wow! This movie was pretty bad.... it did contain some funny parts but not a lot. The cute one/the tall one did a GREAT job on acting, but everything else stunk!
  10. Aug 16, 2012
    I hate R rated debauchery with no redeeming value. So why did I go see this, because every once in a while a movie like 40 Year Old Virgin or The Hangover come along that make you thing good comedy can come form this genre. 21 Jump Street is not that movie. Stay away.
  11. Jul 10, 2012
    Really bad movie I was really disappointed since I loved the original series, the y put too much comedy and it was really not that funny. It seems that Is really hard to make a great movie from a hit tv series, I think this series are best leave in the past, because you expect a lot from a movie based on a really good TV series and for me it was a really bad copy from the original series....
  12. Jul 8, 2012
    Insipid. Mind-numbingly boring. This movie isn't anything like the great little TV series that some of us grew up with. The people rating this a 10 are probably doing bath salts.
  13. Jul 6, 2012
    Id give this movie a score of 4 out of 10, but becasuse some people gave it 10 out of 10 (up there with Shindlers List, Saving Private Ryan, Star Wars, Jaws, Psycho, The Shining, Lord Of The Rings etc) im going to score it 1 out of 10. Obviously it must be a life changing moronic movie for morons.
  14. Jul 4, 2012
    Couldn't even finish watching this over hyped crap. Ice Cube in his role is not believable and just because Jonah was funny in a few movies, he doesn't translate in this one. Cliches abound, absent of originality and literally no parallels to the original 21 Jump Street-which was the reason I wanted to see this in the first place.
  15. Jun 29, 2012
    Yow! What a piece of junk! Why on earth was this movie made? 21 Jump Street wallows in so many movie cliches that I had to look at the walls of the movie theater to keep from being embarrassed at times. Absolutely nothing new or clever about it. One of those flicks that you know the endings of each scenario during the first line of their development. Like a bad teen film. Gave it aYow! What a piece of junk! Why on earth was this movie made? 21 Jump Street wallows in so many movie cliches that I had to look at the walls of the movie theater to keep from being embarrassed at times. Absolutely nothing new or clever about it. One of those flicks that you know the endings of each scenario during the first line of their development. Like a bad teen film. Gave it a one for a chuckle or two. I really just want to slap whoever greenlit this stinkbomb. Expand
  16. May 20, 2012
    The high rating is really disappointing. I have a fairly versatile sense of humor...I thought Superbad was funny mostly etc. and some of the newer things to come out...but this movie was just...not that funny imho. Considering the shape our country is in along with all the idiots who support a spineless gutless person in the WH...it's not a shock to see that a "comedy" like this is deemedThe high rating is really disappointing. I have a fairly versatile sense of humor...I thought Superbad was funny mostly etc. and some of the newer things to come out...but this movie was just...not that funny imho. Considering the shape our country is in along with all the idiots who support a spineless gutless person in the WH...it's not a shock to see that a "comedy" like this is deemed actually funny to some. All the low IQ folks who thinks stupidity and non funny occurances will enjoy it. Expand
  17. May 18, 2012
    21 Jump Street: Awful pacing, unfunny dialog, cliché-ridden film that fails to stand out with anything original.

It's barely even a movie, the strung together scenes with obvious and weak dialog felt like a male version of Never Been Kissed (1999) even The Legend Of Ron Burgundy, a movie pieced together from the outtakes and deleted scenes of Anchorman, stuck together make a better and more coherent film that this did, and that's actually funny.
  18. Apr 26, 2012
    It's a movie with some fun parts but i wouldn't encourage anyone to watch it. This movie would be good for younger age groups but older people like 20+ with a good taste for movies it wouldn't be a a good movie to watch and would rather be a waste of time.
  19. Apr 3, 2012
    Maybe im just too mature, or maybe just need to lower my standars when going to the movies, because this film did not make me laguh one bit. Like it was ok but in this day and age i just need to give up the fact that Hollywood is never going to produce a memorable comedy, or movie for tht matter. Too each their own I GUESS.
  20. Mar 29, 2012
    Awful. We walked out after 45 minutes - That's how long we gave it the benefit of the doubt. What a waste of time and money. Jonah Hill is funnier than that (not to call 21 Jump Street funny at all), and Channing Tatum is....I dunno, a beefcake or whatever. What the **** is with all the green (critic AND user)? Don't tell me this passes for funny. For me it passed for Are We There Yet? ItAwful. We walked out after 45 minutes - That's how long we gave it the benefit of the doubt. What a waste of time and money. Jonah Hill is funnier than that (not to call 21 Jump Street funny at all), and Channing Tatum is....I dunno, a beefcake or whatever. What the **** is with all the green (critic AND user)? Don't tell me this passes for funny. For me it passed for Are We There Yet? It even had Ice Cube! Ice Cube is a thespian of the highest caliber and should be showered with statues. There, I said it. Expand
  21. Mar 25, 2012
    Maybe it was my fault for being a boring person, but this didn't make me laugh once in the entire movie. Jonah was ok, but Channing, stick to drama please.
  22. Mar 24, 2012
    I must admit that I am baffled by the high marks the users of this website are giving this movie. Has everyone had a drink of the Kool-Aid except for me? This wasn't the worst film I've seen, but it ranks pretty high on my list! The script is a mess. It felt as if they allowed a group of very immature 13-year-old boys write an R-rated script. The terrible and witless dialog was lacedI must admit that I am baffled by the high marks the users of this website are giving this movie. Has everyone had a drink of the Kool-Aid except for me? This wasn't the worst film I've seen, but it ranks pretty high on my list! The script is a mess. It felt as if they allowed a group of very immature 13-year-old boys write an R-rated script. The terrible and witless dialog was laced with gratuitous obscenities that were so awkward and painful to listen to that I could hear my heart groaning and moaning. If it weren't for the friends I was with I would've left long before the end of this movie. If the theater had a dental office I would have chosen to have root canal rather than sit through another minute of this bile! What happened to the "character development"? What happened to continuity? The filmmaker couldn't decide what kind of movie he wanted to make...was this a drama with bits of comedy? Was this a slapstick comedy with "heart"? Was this a cartoon? They wanted to capture the essence of "Kick-Ass" but missed completely! Collapse
  23. Mar 17, 2012
    Walking out on a movie is a rarity for me, but I left within about 30 minutes of the start of this one. I thought it was both abysmal and juvenile, though I admit that my age (72) probably made the latter reaction inevitable. I found the relentless shower of gratuitous obscenities both grating and wearisome, and lest someone cite my age as a reason, I was in the Navy for 20 years and amWalking out on a movie is a rarity for me, but I left within about 30 minutes of the start of this one. I thought it was both abysmal and juvenile, though I admit that my age (72) probably made the latter reaction inevitable. I found the relentless shower of gratuitous obscenities both grating and wearisome, and lest someone cite my age as a reason, I was in the Navy for 20 years and am intimately familiar with every obscene word ever coined. But here the effect is just plain boring. It's as if the writers were trying to meet a quota for Carlinesque words. Finally, I am baffled by the number of sterling reviews of this dog, but I guess I must finally be outside what passes for humor in mainstream comedic cinema. Expand

1. Reviewed by: Andrew Lapin
    Mar 19, 2012
    The devil-may-care attitude is what makes 21 Jump Street so entertaining.
  2. Reviewed by: Ben Sachs
    Mar 18, 2012
    Directors Phil Lord and Chris Miller (Cloudy With a Chance of Meatballs) seem to be after the gentle irreverence of David Gordon Green's buddy flick "Pineapple Express," but without his sensitivity and attention to character the movie quickly grows monotonous.
  3. Reviewed by: James Mottram
    Mar 16, 2012
    With Hill on co-scripting duties with Scott Pilgrim scribe Michael Bacall, 21 Jump Street was always going to live or die by its gags. Fortunately, it boasts that sweet-yet-dirty comedy that Hill revels in.