7.6

1. Oct 20, 2014
    I just watched this on iTunes, tricked into believing that it was a good movie by the Tomatometer, its Average Rating and the good Metacritic score... and I have once again lost faith in all of these aggregate ratings. There were a few good jokes in this movie, but that's really the only positive thing I can think of. The movie is largely predictable, and when it's not that's only because of a) a ridiculously unbelievable turn of events, or b) a huge plot hole. The writing is just plain stupid and infantile. Unfortunately the acting is bad too - with Brie Larson as Molly being the _only_ exception, but she hardly gets any screen time.

All in all this is a dumb, unfunny, superfluous film. Don't believe any of the 8/9/10 ratings.
  2. Oct 18, 2014
    Un claro ejemplo de película americana que no hace ninguna gracia. Solo funcionan algunas escenas puntuales de Jonah Hill, el resto es una basura. Tatum nunca es gracioso (los guapos nunca hacen gracia, es así), la trama es aburrida, Ice Cube está exagerado y cansa, el final es absurdo.
    Un 7,6... ¿quién vota aquí?
  3. Oct 13, 2014
    Pick a generic and overused context and bring it with a different and modern view is something meritorious and hard-worked, 21 Jump Street is fun without being immature or appealing, with a nice story and a great cast combination, it enjoyed me by the first begining to the last ending, an easy 80/100.
  4. Oct 3, 2014
    " Jonah Hill and Channing Tatum are the kings of comedy". This is an outraging comedy with full of laughter that Hill and Tatum has provided for us " 21 jump street fans". Its very funny to be honest , with loud music + good laughter = Having the best time of your life watching this film. Grade A , ( hill and tatum are perfect with out directors phil lord and christopher miller ).
  5. Sep 29, 2014
    At the first begining my impressions wore totally negative, just more one high school movie full of clichés, but as it went straight to the point it suprised me, how Chris Miller was able to choose a so generic subject about high school and police but produce a great and different comedy from it. There's some kind of forced comedy in it, but that's ok, another great work from Chris Miller.
  6. Sep 16, 2014
    Buenísima !!. Una película para reír, nada serio pero se lleva un par de puntos por romper con lo clásico visto en escuelas, el enfoque New Age de los estudiantes esta muy bueno !
  7. Sep 3, 2014
    A surprisingly dynamic duo--Channing Tatum and Jonah Hill are great together. 21 Jump Street is a fun take on undercover work in the police force. Occasionally heavy on profanity, but in this case, it often works.
  8. Aug 12, 2014
    This movie is probably one of the funniest i have ever seen.The jokes are stupid and there is a lot of action,If you don't like this it's probably because you don't have any sense of humour.The only bad thing about 21 jump street is the plot,he's too predictable.
  9. Aug 11, 2014
    I loved this movie. It took me a long time to see it because it just looked like another generic buddy-cop comedy and I couldnt be bothered but after being pressured to see (and trust me I had loooooow expectations) it I found myself really enjoying it. It was smart and funny and all acting was top notch. Give it a watch, you might be pleasantly surprised.
  10. Aug 5, 2014
    I actually wanted to see 22 Jump Street but after reading it was a sequel I went and watched this instead. It was a complete waste of my time, humor is immature and pathetic and acting is bad. At least I know not to waste my time on the sequel.
  11. Aug 3, 2014
    Cussing is not a substitute for emoting. I've never heard anyone actually talk like the people in this movie. It's like they think they can manually inject some emotion into their shattered souls with profanity. If you want to watch stupid kids be stupid kids for two hours, go see this movie. Be prepared for a sprinkling of nightmarish images that are played off as jokes. It's all right, you're an expert at repressing that stuff. They got a script written by someone who didn't know what they wanted to say, and a group of people who don't care about acting or film, but are just dishonest enough to pretend like they do. The one ray of hope, I guess, is the nerd crowd, but they got precious little screen time, and, if they had gotten more, it probably would have just been to show them 'loosening up' and doing something horrible, thereby gaining acceptance so we can all sing coombaya and realize we're not so different after all. I can say the editing was good, and there were one or two actual laughs from me, but I wish I hadn't watched it Expand
  12. Jun 23, 2014
    My honest opinion was that the film is generically funny at times, but overall to raunchy for my tastes. I support vulgar comedy but when used poorly, it sounds like somebody constantly talking out of their ass. The juxtaposition of Hill and Tatum is its only saving grace, and Ice Cube. Otherwise I could have been off well without this movie made.
  13. Jun 17, 2014
    I don't know why there are so many bad reviews. I loved the first part of the movie, it was hilarious to me. However the second half of the movie was downright boring and I just couldn't wait for it to be over.
  14. Jun 13, 2014
    " We're reviving a canceled undercover police program from the '80s and revamping it for modern times. You see the guys in charge of this stuff lack creativity and are completely out of ideas, so all they do now is recycle **** from the past and expect us all not to notice."

So basically it came down to which movie i wanted to see more this weekend either "How to Train Your Dragon 2 or
    22 Jump Street" having watched the first How to Train Your Dragon last month i decided that i should watch the this movie to see which one i wanted to see more this weekend at the theaters and for sure after this it is 22 Jump Street. 21 Jump Street had me laughing from start to finish which not many comedies can do that nowadays, it may be because i have only seen the movie once before when it first came out on DVD/Blu ray still though i highly enjoyed the movie. Now surprisingly i have never seen the the TV Show this is based off of and even despite it having johnny deep it was just one of those shows i never seem to watch while growing up so i never gave it a chance later on but after watching this i really want to check out the old stuff to see if it was just as great. It seems like a lot of people that had watched the TV Show didn't care to see a modern movie based on it and clearly by the reception it received from people its either they love it or hate it, i can say though right now i highly doubt my rating for this movie will change once i start watching the TV Show.

The movie starts out in 2005 and follows Morton Schmidt (Jonah Hill) a goofy looking Eminem wannabe and while trying to ask a really hot girl out to prom he is rudely interrupted by Greg Jenko (Channing Tatum) a **** jock who makes fun of him by calling him a nerd and saying that the chick is way out of his league. Schmidt gets embarrass and quickly walks away while Jenko is called into the principles office and is told that he can not attend prom as he has too low of grades. The movie then picks up seven years later, Schmidt is trying to enlist as a police officer and who does he see at registration, Jenko who then happens to recognizes Schmidt and says to him "not so slim shady, Whats up". They soon become friends as they help each other out with what area's they are lacking in Schmidt's being the physical aspect while Jenko's being the mental aspect of being a cop.

After awhile they graduate the police academy and now are official cops but instead of car chases and gun fights they are stuck on park duty riding bicycles with nothing to do but when they see a group of bikers smoking weed they jump into action. From here we see them get put into a undercover program for young immature cops called "21 Jump Street" led by Captain Dickson (Ice Cube) which seriously had me laughing so hard every time he spoke. Now we have our movie which has both Schmidt and Jenko back in high school only this time around it seems Schmidt is part of the popular group while Jenko is a nerd. Its the total opposite of what they originally were back then and now their job is to find out who is making this new type of drug that kids are overdosing on.

Seriously though this movie has so many funny moments from start to finish that it over shadows how hollow the overall plot is. Jonah Hill and Channing Tatum have amazing chemistry together seriously i cant remember the last time i laughed this hard while watching a buddy cop movie even the Sandra Bullock, Melissa McCarthy movie "The Heat" was no match for how great this movie was. Ice Cube was pure comedic gold see this is why he is a much better actor in rated R movies rather than PG-13 movies like he was in "Ride Along". Nick Offerman was great as the chief of police despite us not seeing that much of him also [spoiler] seeing Johnny Depp at the end was so crazy in no way did i realize that was him, it was even crazier when you see him and his partner Peter DeLuise who was also in the TV version of 21 Jump Street die and they have their own moment during a gun fight which seemed rather funny to me . [/spoiler] Overall i give it a 8.0 Seeing all the reviews, trailers, and tv spots, i have high hopes that the sequel will be just as great as this.
  15. Rem
    Jun 4, 2014
    At first I believed Channing Tatum could not deliver on the comedic side, but after seeing 21 Jump Street, I am convinced otherwise. But this however does not save for the fact that it does not stray too far from the original, and it loses value due to some flat jokes and a lame plotline. Generic, but surely watchable come a few laughs.
  16. Jun 3, 2014
    I like everything about 21 Jump Street. Maybe it's my favorite movie! lol I've watched it several times and I still laugh at the jokes. Channing and Jonah have a lot of chemistry on screen!
  17. May 4, 2014
    Surprisingly fun! this film is one of the funniest movies I have ever seen. Channing and Jonnah are absolutely hysterical. The script is hilarious and just all around impressive! cant wait for the sequel!
  18. Apr 21, 2014
    One of my favourite comedy movies of all time. It is hilarious, Jonah Hills character in this movie is so funny and says so many funny jokes. I enjoy him more in this movie than Superbad. This movie is funny the whole time from the beginning to the end with out ever letting up. The best comedy movie of 2012 and one of my all time favourite comedy's.
  19. Apr 1, 2014
    I really enjoyed this movie , we were laughing a lot , it has a lot of funny moments , just don't take this movie too seriously . I was surprised - I didn't expect so much fun from it !
  20. Mar 29, 2014
    Without a doubt the funniest comedy I have watched in a very long time. Channing Tatum and Jonah Hill are an absolute laugh riot here and work perfectly together. Honestly the whole movie is just one non-stop laugh fest. The humor is basically what you would expect from a modern R-rated comedy but only a thousand times smarter. Truly one of the best comedies I have ever seen and I highly recommend it to anyone who is looking for laughs and doesn't mind the profane and crude humor this movie often offers. Expand
  21. Mar 5, 2014
    Jonah Hill and Channing Tatum are hilarious together, although neither actor seems to be able to transition from comedy to drama in a single movie. The punch lines are good, although when they move to a more serious part, it seems unauthentic and just odd to watch. Overall the movie is funny and is not supposed to be taken too seriously as a remake or sequel. Bringing back characters from the original series, was a good touch and shows that they felt the movie was good enough representation for them to be in it. Expand
  22. Feb 20, 2014
    [7.4] This movie is the best kind of stupid: a mind numbing, completely self-conscious, ridiculous, and somehow smart stupid. It's consistently funny, clever, and as long as you go into expecting what you would normally expect from Jonah Hill, you'll be more than happy.
  23. Jan 15, 2014
    Wasn't impressed.
    The movie has its nice moments. But overall it's mostly infantile humor and silly and unconvincing storyline didn't do it for me.
    For a good silly film watch any mel brooks movie.
  24. Jan 11, 2014
    21 Jump Street can be cliché and unfunny at times especially in the last third but that does not stop it from being an enjoyable film. There is some great comedy in this movie and some hilarious moments. Also, there are some likeable characters some of which I wish had more focus. I’d recommend this film to anyone in high school or college they’ll probably love it. It’s a great high school movie that will give you lots of laughs. Expand
  25. Dec 30, 2013
    I came with some very low expectations to this film, and was pleasantly surprised.
    The humor is witty, nerdy, and smart; the plot is a light parody of the genre, as well as current trends among youth; and there's even a surprise cameo by a big star that the ladies can't seem to get enough of.
    It was enjoyable all the way through.
  26. Dec 13, 2013
    Ridiculously funny and bizarre. Best comedy of 2012. The most I´ve laughed in a long time watching a movie. Both leading actors are good in their roles and even the supporting ones are nice to watch. There were a couple of moments I laughed out loud for several seconds, which is very rare in my case. The biggest props should go to the script and the hilarious situations it creates. Good stuff.
  27. Dec 12, 2013
    Like an off-the-hook blend of Breaking Bad and Superbad, 21 Jump Street delivers a combination of action and hilarity, but it doesn't do it in a very memorable way.
  28. Nov 18, 2013
    21 Jump Street was super funny. It was light, frothy, foul-mouthed and very strange... But in a good way. Even Channing Tatum is good. Yes, I know! That's a miracle! Great stuff all the way around.
  29. Nov 2, 2013
    Could've been a lot worse but a surprisingly fun time with Hill and Tatum in this ridiculous buddy cop movie. Definitely not a comedy that you have to see or rent out, but its a decent one for a bored Friday night.
  30. Oct 22, 2013
    As I sat in the theatre with the popcorn to my left and a Mountain Dew to my right, I couldn’t help but be mesmerized by a comedy that should be named movie of the year. 21 Jump Street, starring Jonah Hill and Channing Tatum, is a flick that can be enjoyed by adult viewers everywhere. With random jokes, and a well-picked cast, directors Chris Miller and Phil Lord have built up an idea that could be made into a hit sequel sometime in the next few years.
    New York Times says it best when they state, “It wants to be fun and, to a perhaps surprising extent, it is.” The movie takes place in a stereotypical high school setting. Tatum and Hill play two newly graduated undercover cops that attend a school where they need to bust a dealer who plans to spread what “21 Jump Street (2012)” on IMDb calls “a new synthetic drug ring” to a more broadened population. With an unknown identity, the supplier is like a mystery that must be solved by the two main characters, Jenko and Schmidt, respectively.
    Both Tatum, whose character is Jenko, and Hill, who plays Schmidt, are two actors that seem to work in sync with each other, given the correct setting and plot. They were made for their parts in the movie. Their characters are described as two of the worst cops that the force has ever seen. As a result of their actions, the two are reassigned to 21 Jump Street, where they are given a new task to pose as typical teens in high school. Jenko is one that was once Mr. Popularity in high school, while Schmidt was a nerd. Some of the audiences’ laughs seem to come from the two having a social status swap when they get to the high school. Schmidt takes the place as the man on campus, while Jenko ends up at the bottom of the social status ranking. The two cops then begin to go their own ways in this new setting, but their heads stay focused on their reasoning for being there. Schmidt gets into the social cliques of high school, where his popularity goes to his head. Jenko befriends as group of nerds that indirectly help solve the case of who the supplier of the drug is.
    Along with the two main actors, a movie cannot be made without a strong supporting cast. It must have been difficult, but it can be seen that both Miller and Lord did a successful job with their choices for supporting actors. Starring in this movie includes Short Term 12 award-winning actress Brie Larson. Accompanying her includes Dave Franco, and Captain Dickinson played by Ice Cube. The group had many memorable lines that will continue to bring laughter to viewers for years to come. When watching the movie make sure you pay attention to the references towards “Korean Jesus.” This is one reference that I would personally not like to spoil anymore for you viewers who are reading this review.
    For all viewers who seek a good laugh and a good pain in the ribs due to laughing so hard, then 21 Jump Street should be the movie of choice. With a memorable cast, and an outrageously hysterical sequence of events making up the plot, nobody should have a reason to not enjoy this movie. The movie can easily go down in history for its many jokes and humorous puns. 21 Jump Street puts many thoughts in viewer’s heads; Rolling Stone Reviews says it well by justifying, “Are we always still in high school in our heads? 21 Jump Street thinks so. And Hill and Tatum are just the crazy-ass comedy team to prove it.”

1. Reviewed by: Andrew Lapin
    Mar 19, 2012
    The devil-may-care attitude is what makes 21 Jump Street so entertaining.
  2. Reviewed by: Ben Sachs
    Mar 18, 2012
    Directors Phil Lord and Chris Miller (Cloudy With a Chance of Meatballs) seem to be after the gentle irreverence of David Gordon Green's buddy flick "Pineapple Express," but without his sensitivity and attention to character the movie quickly grows monotonous.
  3. Reviewed by: James Mottram
    Mar 16, 2012
    With Hill on co-scripting duties with Scott Pilgrim scribe Michael Bacall, 21 Jump Street was always going to live or die by its gags. Fortunately, it boasts that sweet-yet-dirty comedy that Hill revels in.