7.5

1. Jun 3, 2014
    I like everything about 21 Jump Street. Maybe it's my favorite movie! lol I've watched it several times and I still laugh at the jokes. Channing and Jonah have a lot of chemistry on screen!
  2. Apr 1, 2014
    I really enjoyed this movie , we were laughing a lot , it has a lot of funny moments , just don't take this movie too seriously . I was surprised - I didn't expect so much fun from it !
  3. Mar 29, 2014
    Without a doubt the funniest comedy I have watched in a very long time. Channing Tatum and Jonah Hill are an absolute laugh riot here and work perfectly together. Honestly the whole movie is just one non-stop laugh fest. The humor is basically what you would expect from a modern R-rated comedy but only a thousand times smarter. Truly one of the best comedies I have ever seen and I highly recommend it to anyone who is looking for laughs and doesn't mind the profane and crude humor this movie often offers. Expand
  4. Dec 30, 2013
    I came with some very low expectations to this film, and was pleasantly surprised.
    The humor is witty, nerdy, and smart; the plot is a light parody of the genre, as well as current trends among youth; and there's even a surprise cameo by a big star that the ladies can't seem to get enough of.
    It was enjoyable all the way through.
  5. Oct 22, 2013
    As I sat in the theatre with the popcorn to my left and a Mountain Dew to my right, I couldn’t help but be mesmerized by a comedy that should be named movie of the year. 21 Jump Street, starring Jonah Hill and Channing Tatum, is a flick that can be enjoyed by adult viewers everywhere. With random jokes, and a well-picked cast, directors Chris Miller and Phil Lord have built up an idea that could be made into a hit sequel sometime in the next few years.
    New York Times says it best when they state, “It wants to be fun and, to a perhaps surprising extent, it is.” The movie takes place in a stereotypical high school setting. Tatum and Hill play two newly graduated undercover cops that attend a school where they need to bust a dealer who plans to spread what “21 Jump Street (2012)” on IMDb calls “a new synthetic drug ring” to a more broadened population. With an unknown identity, the supplier is like a mystery that must be solved by the two main characters, Jenko and Schmidt, respectively.
    Both Tatum, whose character is Jenko, and Hill, who plays Schmidt, are two actors that seem to work in sync with each other, given the correct setting and plot. They were made for their parts in the movie. Their characters are described as two of the worst cops that the force has ever seen. As a result of their actions, the two are reassigned to 21 Jump Street, where they are given a new task to pose as typical teens in high school. Jenko is one that was once Mr. Popularity in high school, while Schmidt was a nerd. Some of the audiences’ laughs seem to come from the two having a social status swap when they get to the high school. Schmidt takes the place as the man on campus, while Jenko ends up at the bottom of the social status ranking. The two cops then begin to go their own ways in this new setting, but their heads stay focused on their reasoning for being there. Schmidt gets into the social cliques of high school, where his popularity goes to his head. Jenko befriends as group of nerds that indirectly help solve the case of who the supplier of the drug is.
    Along with the two main actors, a movie cannot be made without a strong supporting cast. It must have been difficult, but it can be seen that both Miller and Lord did a successful job with their choices for supporting actors. Starring in this movie includes Short Term 12 award-winning actress Brie Larson. Accompanying her includes Dave Franco, and Captain Dickinson played by Ice Cube. The group had many memorable lines that will continue to bring laughter to viewers for years to come. When watching the movie make sure you pay attention to the references towards “Korean Jesus.” This is one reference that I would personally not like to spoil anymore for you viewers who are reading this review.
    For all viewers who seek a good laugh and a good pain in the ribs due to laughing so hard, then 21 Jump Street should be the movie of choice. With a memorable cast, and an outrageously hysterical sequence of events making up the plot, nobody should have a reason to not enjoy this movie. The movie can easily go down in history for its many jokes and humorous puns. 21 Jump Street puts many thoughts in viewer’s heads; Rolling Stone Reviews says it well by justifying, “Are we always still in high school in our heads? 21 Jump Street thinks so. And Hill and Tatum are just the crazy-ass comedy team to prove it.”
  6. Aug 4, 2013
    funny as crap and definantally a movie that will never be forgotten with the legendary cast of ice cube Jonah hill channing tatum ps way better than the old tv show
  7. Jun 20, 2013
    "21 Jump Street" is amazing, hilarious and clever, it has action sequences, laugh out loud parts, with a great cast and an original story, this movie is just so great.
  8. Mar 3, 2013
    I personally loved this movie and you should too. It was one of the funniest movies I've ever seen if not the BEST movie. Although i will say the end is a bit gross but still funny and one heck of a great movie!
  9. Feb 9, 2013
    To tell you all the truth I've never even heard of the television show before of this movie and to tell you all the truth I don't really care about that, because my lack of knowledge never hindered my enjoyment of this movie one bit. This is a weird comedy in the sense that there are so many jokes, ranging from slapstick to stupidly weird, that obviously some don't work but a lot actually do. You'll find yourself laughing at things that don't actually make much sense but they're funny all the same. The depiction of high school is also very different...that is actually intelligent. Its not the same old high school with the same stereotypes this one actually makes sense. Even though the comedy is first class, the plot is a bit of a mess. Its not bad but it gets distracted on a number of occasions. The leads are also weird they are so mismatched that they actually work....Tantum gives a great performance and Hill is in his environment but its the relationship that shines. Expand
  10. Feb 2, 2013
    From a teen perspective who i'm sure the film is targeted towards i found this film both entertaining and hilarious. I deem it the perfect 'friends night in' film, if your friends, like mine, enjoy a mix of 'laugh out loud' humour and an interesting, at times immature (but still very real) narrative. I don't like seeing that both users and critics have slated this film. This film never claims to try to be a serious film in the slightest so don't take it as one. Whilst the film doesn't offer seriousness, it offers great humour, good story line and good acting. Go watch it. Expand
  11. Jan 5, 2013
    2 THUMBS UP! It's actually a funny, badass movie. Ridiculous and over the top, silly fun. Channing and Jonah has a great chemistry together in this movie. A hilarious, addicting movie, haven't laugh that much before. It's a great, great, great movie!
  12. Nov 28, 2012
    Almost unendingly hilarious, "21 Jump Street" is that strange kind of worthwhile comedy that presents a healthy dose of satire and nostalgia.
  13. Oct 12, 2012
    Please make a plan with your friends to go see this movie. Your friends and you will spend watching this great movie! Is great! Not only because of the funny moments, but it is original and fun!
  14. Jul 14, 2012
    This movie is really awesome, it's difficult to me to laugh watching a movie, but this movie, can do it ... And I'm very surprised, and I loved it... WATCH.. You're going to laugh since the start, until the end of the movie..
  15. Jul 6, 2012
    21 Jump Street is a hilarious, well written, intelligent, heartfelt story of friendship. Featuring surprisingly incredible performances from the two leads and hilarious cameos this is a wonderful comedy. I give this movie 90%.
  16. Jun 30, 2012
    This movie was great for me because it took risks in many ways, and most comedies haven't been doing that lately, or doing it too much. 21 Jump Street did it perfectly. It did the classic tv show justice, but is certainly different. The plot was decent, the comedy was awesome, and little things kept people on their toes. Also, I would like to point out a great performance by James Franco's brother. I personally have no qualms with this film and plan on buying it soon. A must have for comedy fans. Expand
  17. Jun 3, 2012
    Funny & Smart..
    One Of The Best Movie's Of The Year! (So Far...)
  18. May 25, 2012
    "21 Jump Street," this yearâ
  19. May 17, 2012
    By far one of the funniest movies I have watched in a long time. So funny in fact that I'm most likely going to buy it when it comes out on blu-ray. The teamwork of Hill and Tatum is ingeniously combined to create a great film that succeeds in both storyline and humor. The company of the theater and I enjoyed endless amounts of laughter, and when I say endless, I mean endless. In conclusion 21 Jump Street is a great film that delivered in every category, that is why I give it a solid 10. Expand
  20. May 16, 2012
    what a classic comedy this movie made me laugh to the point where Dr.pepper came out of my nose. Jonah hill has been a comedy genius for a long time and this movie was his best since Take him to the greek
  21. May 15, 2012
    I was going into this move just thinking it was something to watch. But WOW this movie is hysterical. I couldn't stop laughing the entire movie. Not only is Jonah Hill as funny as I thought he would be but Channing Tatum put up some really funny moments. Not only is this a must see its a must Buy. You will not be disappointed with this movie. NOT for young kids.
  22. Apr 24, 2012
    Loved this movie! I consider myself to be somewhat of a snob when Im expecting to watch a serious movie. However, this doesnt mean I cant enjoy something I expect to be totally ridiculous and stupid. And I got what I came for in the best way ever! Hill/Tatum were a suprisingly dynamite comedic pair. Perfect for a date night! Great mix of stupidity and over the top gags that will have you laughing the whole ride back home. Expand
  23. Apr 22, 2012
    One of the greatest comedies I've seen in a while. Great acting by Jonah and Channing, great supporting cast (Ice Cube, Johnny Depp, etc.), and very true to the TV show. Well done.
  24. Apr 12, 2012
    I haven't really laughed this much at a movie in a very long, but thanks to channing tatum and johnah hill this movie actually give some hope that 2012 will be a good year for movies, best comedy move in awhile
  25. Apr 10, 2012
    I went into this not expecting too much. A remake of an 80s series that isn't very well in todays world. I was shocked to find a gem of a movie. It's neo-humor about it being a remake and performances that really deliver much needed heart to the movie, will leave you happy with the finished product. Yes, it is not Shakespeare, but what you get is a fun 90-minute action-comedy in the vein of Rush Hour or Pineapple Express. Well worth a viewing. I am sure there was a lot of unused footage, that I look forward to viewing on an extended blu-ray release. Highly recommended. Expand
  26. Apr 7, 2012
    This movie was a winner. The movie 'Super Bad' was a surprisingly funny flick and if you enjoy that genre then you will really enjoy this lighthearted humor. After dealing with stress at work all week this movie really worked for me. Casting was very strong and the timing was spot on!
  27. Apr 5, 2012
    Angels: This week I became a movie God-I saw 3 movies! And, the best of the lot was 21 Jump street. It was a very good comedy, up there with 'the hangover', 'horrible bosses', 'blades of glory' and 'white chicks' though not quite as good as say 'A Fish Called Wanda'. The plot was clever, and the characterization was first-rate. I am not a Jonah Hill fan, but he was funny, and as one of the writers, he may have more talent as a comic writer than as a comic actor. And young Channing Tatum. What can I say? I have seen him in a dance movie, an action movie, a romantic comedy, and now a comedy, and he has the physical appeal (he is a dreamboat) and the acting skill to shine in each category. It was also good to see Ice Cube who has more comedic acting talent than he is credited for. I only give this movie a 9 because of the plethora (abundance) of curse words. Now, I am not a prude. Growing up in a big city, i used 'industrial' language as much as the next person. However, sometimes bad language is a substitute for funny dialog. And occasionally that is what I though here. (That is why 'A Fish Called Wanda' is so good. Funny dialog with few curse words.) Anyway, 21 Jump Street is a very funny, very enjoyable movie.( My honey, who hates cursing, nevertheless really enjoyed the movie.)
    Angels: Watch over me.
  28. Apr 4, 2012
    I had a free ticket to the movie theater that was about to expire, so I decided to use it on 21 Jump Street. That decision turned out to be a great one. I really didn't know what to expect from 21 Jump street, and it appealed to me almost instantly. I have always enjoyed those bromance comedies like I Love you, Man and Role Models, so 21 Jump Street was a movie I expected to like, but I didn't know I would love it! I was really surprised how much I enjoyed the casting, especially Channing Tatum. This was a role that he usually doesn't take on, but he ended up doing exceptionally well. This movie was hilarious and very well made. Everybody needs to see this movie at some point in their lives. Collapse
  29. Apr 3, 2012
    Every bit as entertaining as the previews, if not more. The only reason my score is not a 10 is because I had to suffer through Channing Tatum's horrendous acting. Jonah Hill did well in this movie because it's in his wheelhouse. This has to be one of the more successful comedies i have seen. Not to mention the easter egg was hilarious!
  30. Apr 2, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I absolutely loved this movie. It was a great comedy with great character development, and plenty of dirty sex jokes. I was actually quite surprised when I saw this. With most comedies, what they show in the trailer is the only funny parts of the movie. With this, I was laughing my butt off the whole way through. My only problem was the fact that it was a very predictable movie and the ending can be guessed correctly very early in the show. Highly recommend! Expand

1. Reviewed by: Andrew Lapin
    Mar 19, 2012
    The devil-may-care attitude is what makes 21 Jump Street so entertaining.
  2. Reviewed by: Ben Sachs
    Mar 18, 2012
    Directors Phil Lord and Chris Miller (Cloudy With a Chance of Meatballs) seem to be after the gentle irreverence of David Gordon Green's buddy flick "Pineapple Express," but without his sensitivity and attention to character the movie quickly grows monotonous.
  3. Reviewed by: James Mottram
    Mar 16, 2012
    With Hill on co-scripting duties with Scott Pilgrim scribe Michael Bacall, 21 Jump Street was always going to live or die by its gags. Fortunately, it boasts that sweet-yet-dirty comedy that Hill revels in.