7.6

1. Aug 28, 2012
    This film was a genuine surprise, proved to be better than I expected. Jonah Hill proved himself to be a great actor and a good screenplay writer once again. Watching Channing Tatum doing comedy was great, I liked the performances by both of them. Moving on to the film, there were a few boring scenes, I agree but there were some hilarious ones as well. The plot of the film was good, something different and enjoyable and the use of bizarre graphics made it look more ridiculous. Thumbs up to Chris Miller and Phil Lord for making a good, funny film that I can watch again and laugh like I am watching it for the first time. Expand
  2. Aug 27, 2012
    Really funny movie with some outrageous moments. Two opposite characters and actors worked quite well together. It is nothing serious. It is just a silly movie that leaves you with a lot of laughs.
  3. Aug 25, 2012
    21 Jump Street is an over the top comedy with language like no other. Most of the time unnecessary Also there are characters that are flat ridiculous ( ice Cube). It has its funny moments but nothing that will knock your socks off. Just don't take it too seriously and you will should enjoy it.
  4. Aug 21, 2012
    Funny as HE$$. Loved it. Jonah Hill is here to stay!! The slim shady reference at the beginning is funny so pay attention. The ending was a bit too action-packed for me, but I guess it was necessary for this franchise (i.e., 21 Jump Street).
  5. Aug 18, 2012
    To quote a character from this film: 'We're reviving a canceled undercover project from the '80s and revamping it for modern times. The people behind this lack creativity and they've run out of ideas, so what they do now is just recycle **** from the past and hope that nobody will notice'. That's true for this film but actualy coz they poke fun at themselves and the classic buddy movie stereotypes and clichés it's actualy enjoyable and sometimes even funny. Yes, they also have some of those obligatory awkward scenes but not too many. Don't get me wrong, this is not a 'good' film like e.g. Hot Fuzz but as good as it gets for American comedies these days. Expand
  6. Aug 16, 2012
    I hate R rated debauchery with no redeeming value. So why did I go see this, because every once in a while a movie like 40 Year Old Virgin or The Hangover come along that make you thing good comedy can come form this genre. 21 Jump Street is not that movie. Stay away.
  7. Aug 10, 2012
    This film doesn't have any serious or strong messages and won't ever be mistaken for a major cinematic achievement, but it may just be the funniest movie I've seen in years, as I haven't laughed that hard in a long time.
  8. Aug 6, 2012
    21 Jump Street, is a moving portrait of this generations attitudes. All the cheeky humor to nonchalantly fist pummeling students this movie was harshly humorous and in my perspective world wide correct.
  9. Aug 5, 2012
    Well made, ,,21 Jump Street'' is more like satire over the comedy movies and their cliche. Is not extremely funny, but does its job in a soft way, by simple jokes and goofs, just like the comedy genre had used to became, but still remains one of 2012 best comedies
  10. Jul 31, 2012
    The two leads are great, and the direction even greater. I love how the movie was self-aware of what it was while never taking you too out of the experience. 21 Jump Street isn't just one of the funniest movies of 2012, but a also a smart satire of the times, and one of the best buddy-cop movies I've ever seen.
  11. Jul 29, 2012
    I really didn't see much in 21 Jump Street from the ads so I didn't go see it in theaters. Even when family rented it from redbox I still wasn't interested in watching it. It took my girlfriend to ask me to watch it with her and to pick it up to get it because her sister told her it was hilarious. Well we watched through it and I can say my thoughts on it were to be true that it was just another comedy to be released for the summer. Expand
  12. Jul 27, 2012
    So far, the funniest movie of the year, and one of the best I have seen in a long time. Tatum gives a surprisingly genuine (that is the word, here) comedic performance and Hill is typically freakin' hilarious. There is a real sense of brotherhood (if based somewhat off of stupidity) captured between the two characters that is endlessly watchable and the banter between everyone in the film is deliciously hilarious. Ice Cube in particular deserves props for every word he speaks throughout. There is a quality of self-awareness that, without, the film would have not stayed afloat and the same kind of hyper-zany energy that Lord and Miller captured in their first animated feature translates even better to foul mouthed live action. An endlessly quotable action comedy by means of a raunchier 'The Other Guys' that I highly recommend. Expand
  13. Jul 26, 2012
    Great movie. There were some points when I laughed out loud, but they weren't the moments I expected to be laughing at. There were many failed jokes in the movie but what I was happy about was that this movie was a comedy film, with an actual story. And just a stupid story. The movie was funny, entertaining, and it had Jonah Hill so of course its awesome.
  14. Jul 24, 2012
    Why is the movie good? Because it doesn't take itself seriously. People who took it seriously, like nautico the hard marine, have no sense of humor. Anyway, I give this movie a 6, and nautico a 10 out of 10 in "boring".
  15. Jul 21, 2012
    How this movie can score so highly on both critics and users is beyond me, (sherlock holmes 2 anyone?) I admit i was a fan of the eighties original, but understand this was remade as a comedy and came in with zero expectations. It starts off ok, all bright and breezy and quite funny, but then it just runs out of ideas and more crucially, jokes. The two leads are likeable and do a good job, infact the whole movie is ok, but thats the point, its just ok, not really bad, but not particularly good either, even the main two guys who cameo from the original just feel wedged in without any thought or originality (or even funny). All in all, not a bad film but surely one of the most overrated films of the year. Expand
  16. Jul 18, 2012
    I found the film absolutely hilarious. Tatum and Hill never cease to get into situations that would provide comic relief to all types of audiences. It's definitely worth watching.
  17. b3_
    Jul 15, 2012
    This was your average comedy movie. Funny idea and a ridiculous execution made this film entertaining with enough laughs, yet it was predictable plot wise and very forgettable. For once I actually didn't mind Channing as an actor and was able to enjoy the movie without thinking how i disliked him. If you don't expect too much from this film and are prepared to laugh and not take things seriously you can easily enjoy this film with friends and family. Expand
  18. Jul 15, 2012
    This was a very funny film. Jonah Hill and Channing Tatum were hilarious in their roles, and Johnny Depp made a hilarious cameo appearance. Sometimes there was a little too much going on, but mostly it was a very funny and suprisingly action-savvy romp.
  19. Jul 14, 2012
    This movie is really awesome, it's difficult to me to laugh watching a movie, but this movie, can do it ... And I'm very surprised, and I loved it... WATCH.. You're going to laugh since the start, until the end of the movie..
  20. Jul 10, 2012
    Really bad movie I was really disappointed since I loved the original series, the y put too much comedy and it was really not that funny. It seems that Is really hard to make a great movie from a hit tv series, I think this series are best leave in the past, because you expect a lot from a movie based on a really good TV series and for me it was a really bad copy from the original series....
  21. Jul 9, 2012
    I went into 21 Jump Street with moderately high expectations because of what my friends were telling me about it. This is by far one of the best comedies to come out in the past couple of years. I
  22. Jul 8, 2012
    Insipid. Mind-numbingly boring. This movie isn't anything like the great little TV series that some of us grew up with. The people rating this a 10 are probably doing bath salts.
  23. Jul 6, 2012
    Id give this movie a score of 4 out of 10, but becasuse some people gave it 10 out of 10 (up there with Shindlers List, Saving Private Ryan, Star Wars, Jaws, Psycho, The Shining, Lord Of The Rings etc) im going to score it 1 out of 10. Obviously it must be a life changing moronic movie for morons.
  24. Jul 6, 2012
    21 Jump Street is a hilarious, well written, intelligent, heartfelt story of friendship. Featuring surprisingly incredible performances from the two leads and hilarious cameos this is a wonderful comedy. I give this movie 90%.
  25. Jul 4, 2012
    Couldn't even finish watching this over hyped crap. Ice Cube in his role is not believable and just because Jonah was funny in a few movies, he doesn't translate in this one. Cliches abound, absent of originality and literally no parallels to the original 21 Jump Street-which was the reason I wanted to see this in the first place.
  26. Jun 30, 2012
    This movie was great for me because it took risks in many ways, and most comedies haven't been doing that lately, or doing it too much. 21 Jump Street did it perfectly. It did the classic tv show justice, but is certainly different. The plot was decent, the comedy was awesome, and little things kept people on their toes. Also, I would like to point out a great performance by James Franco's brother. I personally have no qualms with this film and plan on buying it soon. A must have for comedy fans. Expand
  27. Jun 29, 2012
    Yow! What a piece of junk! Why on earth was this movie made? 21 Jump Street wallows in so many movie cliches that I had to look at the walls of the movie theater to keep from being embarrassed at times. Absolutely nothing new or clever about it. One of those flicks that you know the endings of each scenario during the first line of their development. Like a bad teen film. Gave it a one for a chuckle or two. I really just want to slap whoever greenlit this stinkbomb. Expand
  28. Jun 16, 2012
    Amazing movie . It so funny and the story was really really great . Jonah & Channing duo was so perfect . The were funny and awesome . The story was good , so was the direction . The movie started amazingly and went through superbly . Only the last Limousine was too much . It would be more good it the last scene would take place at the prom floor . Except for the the whole film was maybe the funniest movie of 2012 so far !
    There will be a sequel and I hope it would release in the next summer !
  29. Jun 4, 2012
    Great movie! I may not recommend going to theatres to see it, but definitely pick it up on DVD or Blu Ray. Channing was surprisingly funny and Jonah Hill did well in his own right. Not as much emphasis on drugs as I would have thought, but still a good watch nonetheless.
  30. Jun 4, 2012
    Not a complete waste of downtime, but you don't have to look hard to find funnier stuff on television. I think they said it all early in the film when Captain Ice Cube tells everybody to "Embrace their stereotypes". Once you accept that as the measure of the film's wisdom then you can pretty much coast through the rest of it with the appropriate level of expectation. If you're bored and don't feel like focusing too hard, you can watch this while surfing the web and not miss a single plot point or laugh. Expand

1. Reviewed by: Andrew Lapin
    Mar 19, 2012
    The devil-may-care attitude is what makes 21 Jump Street so entertaining.
  2. Reviewed by: Ben Sachs
    Mar 18, 2012
    Directors Phil Lord and Chris Miller (Cloudy With a Chance of Meatballs) seem to be after the gentle irreverence of David Gordon Green's buddy flick "Pineapple Express," but without his sensitivity and attention to character the movie quickly grows monotonous.
  3. Reviewed by: James Mottram
    Mar 16, 2012
    With Hill on co-scripting duties with Scott Pilgrim scribe Michael Bacall, 21 Jump Street was always going to live or die by its gags. Fortunately, it boasts that sweet-yet-dirty comedy that Hill revels in.