21 Jump Street

8.0

1. Jul 18, 2012
    I found the film absolutely hilarious. Tatum and Hill never cease to get into situations that would provide comic relief to all types of audiences. It's definitely worth watching.
  2. Feb 7, 2013
    Don't listen to what other people are saying that you need to be brain dead or fourteen years old in junior high to enjoy this movie. This movie is simply for people that enjoy raunchy jokes or for people that have a sense of humour that disturbs others in the non-violent sense. What jokes you may ask? The kind that centre around awkward sexual themes, faeces, hipsters you hate, drugs andDon't listen to what other people are saying that you need to be brain dead or fourteen years old in junior high to enjoy this movie. This movie is simply for people that enjoy raunchy jokes or for people that have a sense of humour that disturbs others in the non-violent sense. What jokes you may ask? The kind that centre around awkward sexual themes, faeces, hipsters you hate, drugs and other jokes that shouldn't be said at the table. For what it's worth, I rarely laugh out loud to"normal jokes" as they just don't cut it...this movie actually made my movie experience a "laughing in my seat spilling pop-corn" instead of "walking outside of the theatre thinking about the CGI scenes and how the script was not believable for a movie that tried coming across as real". Watch it with your friends and have some food. Expand
  3. Jul 21, 2012
    How this movie can score so highly on both critics and users is beyond me, (sherlock holmes 2 anyone?) I admit i was a fan of the eighties original, but understand this was remade as a comedy and came in with zero expectations. It starts off ok, all bright and breezy and quite funny, but then it just runs out of ideas and more crucially, jokes. The two leads are likeable and do a good job,How this movie can score so highly on both critics and users is beyond me, (sherlock holmes 2 anyone?) I admit i was a fan of the eighties original, but understand this was remade as a comedy and came in with zero expectations. It starts off ok, all bright and breezy and quite funny, but then it just runs out of ideas and more crucially, jokes. The two leads are likeable and do a good job, infact the whole movie is ok, but thats the point, its just ok, not really bad, but not particularly good either, even the main two guys who cameo from the original just feel wedged in without any thought or originality (or even funny). All in all, not a bad film but surely one of the most overrated films of the year. Expand
  4. Jul 31, 2012
    The two leads are great, and the direction even greater. I love how the movie was self-aware of what it was while never taking you too out of the experience. 21 Jump Street isn't just one of the funniest movies of 2012, but a also a smart satire of the times, and one of the best buddy-cop movies I've ever seen.
  5. Aug 6, 2012
    21 Jump Street, is a moving portrait of this generations attitudes. All the cheeky humor to nonchalantly fist pummeling students this movie was harshly humorous and in my perspective world wide correct.
  6. Aug 10, 2012
    This film doesn't have any serious or strong messages and won't ever be mistaken for a major cinematic achievement, but it may just be the funniest movie I've seen in years, as I haven't laughed that hard in a long time.
  7. Aug 21, 2012
    Funny as HE$$. Loved it. Jonah Hill is here to stay!! The slim shady reference at the beginning is funny so pay attention. The ending was a bit too action-packed for me, but I guess it was necessary for this franchise (i.e., 21 Jump Street).
  8. Dec 22, 2012
    There are some funny jokes (like main character an Eminem-wannabe or making fun of hipsters) and one cool easter egg. But overall the movie is average.
  9. Sep 9, 2012
    The comedy is definitely something you wouldn't want your young son or daughter to see considering all of the vulgar and explicit language. But in today's time, that language is what makes comedies sell. The producers related the situations to high schools very well. Not only do high schools have drugs going around, there are kids picking on other kids, and the typical stero typed groups,The comedy is definitely something you wouldn't want your young son or daughter to see considering all of the vulgar and explicit language. But in today's time, that language is what makes comedies sell. The producers related the situations to high schools very well. Not only do high schools have drugs going around, there are kids picking on other kids, and the typical stero typed groups, which the producers incorporated in the movie .to make it more relatable. I believe the movie was well written, had the right actors, and was over all a good laugh. Expand
  10. Nov 5, 2012
    Jonah Hill and Channing Tatum have perfect comedic chemistry. Jump Street is flat out funny from start to finish. It just makes a good buddy movie, you know?
  11. Apr 22, 2013
    This was pretty funny, I`m glad I watched it cause I didn`t expect much frm it. No point in watching this if you have no sense of humor, I`m jughing this as a comedy movie not trying to compare this to Action movies.
  12. Nov 28, 2012
    Almost unendingly hilarious, "21 Jump Street" is that strange kind of worthwhile comedy that presents a healthy dose of satire and nostalgia.
  13. Dec 5, 2012
    Hilarious film. Jonah Hill and Ice Cube are both good here, as is Channing Tatum who is having a great year. Sure to be one of the best comedies of 2012.
  14. Feb 7, 2013
    I was really surprised at just how good this movie was. While it isn't anything we haven't seen before, it also adds something fresh to a very tired genre. Tatum is surprisingly good at comedy?! Who'd have thought?! Overall: A very good comedy that is well worth watching, even if you think it isn't for you.
  15. Jan 5, 2013
    2 THUMBS UP! It's actually a funny, badass movie. Ridiculous and over the top, silly fun. Channing and Jonah has a great chemistry together in this movie. A hilarious, addicting movie, haven't laugh that much before. It's a great, great, great movie!
  16. Dec 13, 2013
    Ridiculously funny and bizarre. Best comedy of 2012. The most I´ve laughed in a long time watching a movie. Both leading actors are good in their roles and even the supporting ones are nice to watch. There were a couple of moments I laughed out loud for several seconds, which is very rare in my case. The biggest props should go to the script and the hilarious situations it creates. Good stuff.
  17. Feb 20, 2014
    [7.4] This movie is the best kind of stupid: a mind numbing, completely self-conscious, ridiculous, and somehow smart stupid. It's consistently funny, clever, and as long as you go into expecting what you would normally expect from Jonah Hill, you'll be more than happy.
  18. Mar 3, 2013
    I personally loved this movie and you should too. It was one of the funniest movies I've ever seen if not the BEST movie. Although i will say the end is a bit gross but still funny and one heck of a great movie!
  19. Apr 24, 2013
    You don't have to watch the old tv show to see if its going to be good. Because it's not anything like the show, but it's still enjoyable to watch. It interesting to turn an old tv drama into a new a hip comedy. The movie was hilarious. Channing Tatum and Jonah Hill work perfectly together, but honestly, Channing's character was much more hilarious than Jonah's (which is kind ofYou don't have to watch the old tv show to see if its going to be good. Because it's not anything like the show, but it's still enjoyable to watch. It interesting to turn an old tv drama into a new a hip comedy. The movie was hilarious. Channing Tatum and Jonah Hill work perfectly together, but honestly, Channing's character was much more hilarious than Jonah's (which is kind of unexpected). The storyline is fairly average and ununique. But combining the comedy gold makes this movie work. The biggest part was the Johnney Depp and Peter Deluise cameo from the old "21 Jump Street" tv show. Especially when they got shot. It was an unexpected cameo with an unexpected twist, but was one of the best moments of the movie. The story does stretch at times, but overall, it's a fun action-comedy that you'll never forget. Expand
  20. Rem
    Jun 4, 2014
    At first I believed Channing Tatum could not deliver on the comedic side, but after seeing 21 Jump Street, I am convinced otherwise. But this however does not save for the fact that it does not stray too far from the original, and it loses value due to some flat jokes and a lame plotline. Generic, but surely watchable come a few laughs.
  21. Jun 25, 2013
    This film tries to make you laugh. And it achieves that. The cast is hilarious and probably the best for that movie. This film has an intelligent plot and It was an interesting film. You won't get bored and you will laugh in many points and scenes in that movie. Thumbs up!
  22. Jun 17, 2013
    A movie that has a lot of comedy. Jonah Hill plays a essential role in this film; brings out a lot of the gags, that make this film funny. although, surprisingly Tatum is also turns on the comedy, which shows these two as a great duo that are both extremely entertaining. Overall a great movie that is well written, purposefully for laughs, that work well.
  23. Aug 4, 2013
    funny as crap and definantally a movie that will never be forgotten with the legendary cast of ice cube Jonah hill channing tatum ps way better than the old tv show
  24. Dec 30, 2013
    I came with some very low expectations to this film, and was pleasantly surprised.
    The humor is witty, nerdy, and smart; the plot is a light parody of the genre, as well as current trends among youth; and there's even a surprise cameo by a big star that the ladies can't seem to get enough of.
    It was enjoyable all the way through.
  25. Jun 13, 2014
    " We're reviving a canceled undercover police program from the '80s and revamping it for modern times. You see the guys in charge of this stuff lack creativity and are completely out of ideas, so all they do now is recycle **** from the past and expect us all not to notice."

So basically it came down to which movie i wanted to see more this weekend either "How to Train Your Dragon 2 or 22 Jump Street" having watched the first How to Train Your Dragon last month i decided that i should watch the this movie to see which one i wanted to see more this weekend at the theaters and for sure after this it is 22 Jump Street. 21 Jump Street had me laughing from start to finish which not many comedies can do that nowadays, it may be because i have only seen the movie once before when it first came out on DVD/Blu ray still though i highly enjoyed the movie. Now surprisingly i have never seen the the TV Show this is based off of and even despite it having johnny deep it was just one of those shows i never seem to watch while growing up so i never gave it a chance later on but after watching this i really want to check out the old stuff to see if it was just as great. It seems like a lot of people that had watched the TV Show didn't care to see a modern movie based on it and clearly by the reception it received from people its either they love it or hate it, i can say though right now i highly doubt my rating for this movie will change once i start watching the TV Show.

The movie starts out in 2005 and follows Morton Schmidt (Jonah Hill) a goofy looking Eminem wannabe and while trying to ask a really hot girl out to prom he is rudely interrupted by Greg Jenko (Channing Tatum) a **** jock who makes fun of him by calling him a nerd and saying that the chick is way out of his league. Schmidt gets embarrass and quickly walks away while Jenko is called into the principles office and is told that he can not attend prom as he has too low of grades. The movie then picks up seven years later, Schmidt is trying to enlist as a police officer and who does he see at registration, Jenko who then happens to recognizes Schmidt and says to him "not so slim shady, Whats up". They soon become friends as they help each other out with what area's they are lacking in Schmidt's being the physical aspect while Jenko's being the mental aspect of being a cop.

After awhile they graduate the police academy and now are official cops but instead of car chases and gun fights they are stuck on park duty riding bicycles with nothing to do but when they see a group of bikers smoking weed they jump into action. From here we see them get put into a undercover program for young immature cops called "21 Jump Street" led by Captain Dickson (Ice Cube) which seriously had me laughing so hard every time he spoke. Now we have our movie which has both Schmidt and Jenko back in high school only this time around it seems Schmidt is part of the popular group while Jenko is a nerd. Its the total opposite of what they originally were back then and now their job is to find out who is making this new type of drug that kids are overdosing on.

Seriously though this movie has so many funny moments from start to finish that it over shadows how hollow the overall plot is. Jonah Hill and Channing Tatum have amazing chemistry together seriously i cant remember the last time i laughed this hard while watching a buddy cop movie even the Sandra Bullock, Melissa McCarthy movie "The Heat" was no match for how great this movie was. Ice Cube was pure comedic gold see this is why he is a much better actor in rated R movies rather than PG-13 movies like he was in "Ride Along". Nick Offerman was great as the chief of police despite us not seeing that much of him also [spoiler] seeing Johnny Depp at the end was so crazy in no way did i realize that was him, it was even crazier when you see him and his partner Peter DeLuise who was also in the TV version of 21 Jump Street die and they have their own moment during a gun fight which seemed rather funny to me . [/spoiler] Overall i give it a 8.0 Seeing all the reviews, trailers, and tv spots, i have high hopes that the sequel will be just as great as this.
  26. Sep 20, 2013
    If you want to see a somewhat funny movie with lots of jokes, parties, and pretty people, but has nothing to offer, than watch 21 Jump Street. It'll satisfy your Friday night of boredom and leave you with memories of when you were in high school. It doesn't have a message to offer other than don't become a cop to act like these two knuckleheads.
  27. Sep 17, 2013
    This film is funny in a way that teenagers will understand meaning it's audience will last forever and parents will show it to their children when they grow up, i believe this will be a classic.
  28. Dec 12, 2013
    Like an off-the-hook blend of Breaking Bad and Superbad, 21 Jump Street delivers a combination of action and hilarity, but it doesn't do it in a very memorable way.
  29. Mar 5, 2014
    Jonah Hill and Channing Tatum are hilarious together, although neither actor seems to be able to transition from comedy to drama in a single movie. The punch lines are good, although when they move to a more serious part, it seems unauthentic and just odd to watch. Overall the movie is funny and is not supposed to be taken too seriously as a remake or sequel. Bringing back characters fromJonah Hill and Channing Tatum are hilarious together, although neither actor seems to be able to transition from comedy to drama in a single movie. The punch lines are good, although when they move to a more serious part, it seems unauthentic and just odd to watch. Overall the movie is funny and is not supposed to be taken too seriously as a remake or sequel. Bringing back characters from the original series, was a good touch and shows that they felt the movie was good enough representation for them to be in it. Expand
  30. Jun 17, 2014
    I don't know why there are so many bad reviews. I loved the first part of the movie, it was hilarious to me. However the second half of the movie was downright boring and I just couldn't wait for it to be over.

1. Reviewed by: Andrew Lapin
    Mar 19, 2012
    The devil-may-care attitude is what makes 21 Jump Street so entertaining.
  2. Reviewed by: Ben Sachs
    Mar 18, 2012
    Directors Phil Lord and Chris Miller (Cloudy With a Chance of Meatballs) seem to be after the gentle irreverence of David Gordon Green's buddy flick "Pineapple Express," but without his sensitivity and attention to character the movie quickly grows monotonous.
  3. Reviewed by: James Mottram
    Mar 16, 2012
    With Hill on co-scripting duties with Scott Pilgrim scribe Michael Bacall, 21 Jump Street was always going to live or die by its gags. Fortunately, it boasts that sweet-yet-dirty comedy that Hill revels in.