7.7

1. Mar 16, 2012
    Loved it. Ridiculous and over the top, silly fun. Channing and Jonah are a surprisingly entertaining comedic team. A bit heavy on the profanity and a couple of senseless gross out scenes but worth a trip to the movie theatre for this one. Audience during my midnight screening laughed throughout the movie.
  2. Mar 17, 2012
    Walking out on a movie is a rarity for me, but I left within about 30 minutes of the start of this one. I thought it was both abysmal and juvenile, though I admit that my age (72) probably made the latter reaction inevitable. I found the relentless shower of gratuitous obscenities both grating and wearisome, and lest someone cite my age as a reason, I was in the Navy for 20 years and amWalking out on a movie is a rarity for me, but I left within about 30 minutes of the start of this one. I thought it was both abysmal and juvenile, though I admit that my age (72) probably made the latter reaction inevitable. I found the relentless shower of gratuitous obscenities both grating and wearisome, and lest someone cite my age as a reason, I was in the Navy for 20 years and am intimately familiar with every obscene word ever coined. But here the effect is just plain boring. It's as if the writers were trying to meet a quota for Carlinesque words. Finally, I am baffled by the number of sterling reviews of this dog, but I guess I must finally be outside what passes for humor in mainstream comedic cinema. Expand
  3. Jun 23, 2014
    My honest opinion was that the film is generically funny at times, but overall to raunchy for my tastes. I support vulgar comedy but when used poorly, it sounds like somebody constantly talking out of their ass. The juxtaposition of Hill and Tatum is its only saving grace, and Ice Cube. Otherwise I could have been off well without this movie made.
  4. Jan 15, 2014
    Wasn't impressed.
    The movie has its nice moments. But overall it's mostly infantile humor and silly and unconvincing storyline didn't do it for me.
    For a good silly film watch any mel brooks movie.
  5. Jul 6, 2012
    Id give this movie a score of 4 out of 10, but becasuse some people gave it 10 out of 10 (up there with Shindlers List, Saving Private Ryan, Star Wars, Jaws, Psycho, The Shining, Lord Of The Rings etc) im going to score it 1 out of 10. Obviously it must be a life changing moronic movie for morons.
  6. Jul 10, 2012
    Really bad movie I was really disappointed since I loved the original series, the y put too much comedy and it was really not that funny. It seems that Is really hard to make a great movie from a hit tv series, I think this series are best leave in the past, because you expect a lot from a movie based on a really good TV series and for me it was a really bad copy from the original series....
  7. Sep 3, 2012
    Wow! This movie was pretty bad.... it did contain some funny parts but not a lot. The cute one/the tall one did a GREAT job on acting, but everything else stunk!
  8. Jul 4, 2012
    Couldn't even finish watching this over hyped crap. Ice Cube in his role is not believable and just because Jonah was funny in a few movies, he doesn't translate in this one. Cliches abound, absent of originality and literally no parallels to the original 21 Jump Street-which was the reason I wanted to see this in the first place.
  9. Jul 14, 2012
    This movie is really awesome, it's difficult to me to laugh watching a movie, but this movie, can do it ... And I'm very surprised, and I loved it... WATCH.. You're going to laugh since the start, until the end of the movie..
  10. Jul 8, 2012
    Insipid. Mind-numbingly boring. This movie isn't anything like the great little TV series that some of us grew up with. The people rating this a 10 are probably doing bath salts.
  11. Jul 29, 2012
    I really didn't see much in 21 Jump Street from the ads so I didn't go see it in theaters. Even when family rented it from redbox I still wasn't interested in watching it. It took my girlfriend to ask me to watch it with her and to pick it up to get it because her sister told her it was hilarious. Well we watched through it and I can say my thoughts on it were to be true that it was justI really didn't see much in 21 Jump Street from the ads so I didn't go see it in theaters. Even when family rented it from redbox I still wasn't interested in watching it. It took my girlfriend to ask me to watch it with her and to pick it up to get it because her sister told her it was hilarious. Well we watched through it and I can say my thoughts on it were to be true that it was just another comedy to be released for the summer. Expand
  12. Nov 21, 2012
    The guys in the movie are not funny, are only really stupid !!! So, all these make the movie a stupid movie.
    I wonder how come a junk movie like this one can get such good reviews !?!?!?!
  13. Nov 23, 2012
    I was very disappointed by this movie. It has some funny parts, but nothing hysterical. I always give movies their full length to impress me, but this just got worse and worse and worse and worse. The characters are very unrealistic and the story even more. I do not recommend this to anyone. Why this movie received four-stars I will never understand. Again, don't waste your time on theI was very disappointed by this movie. It has some funny parts, but nothing hysterical. I always give movies their full length to impress me, but this just got worse and worse and worse and worse. The characters are very unrealistic and the story even more. I do not recommend this to anyone. Why this movie received four-stars I will never understand. Again, don't waste your time on the ridiculously, dull, predictable movie. Expand
  14. Mar 16, 2012
    21 Jump Street goes for a lot of laughs, and most of the gags hit their mark. The film satisfies as wish fulfillment; the chance to go to high school and gain acceptance from the in-crowd, and pass all the hard classes to feel smart. There's also an element of schadenfreude watching the once-popular Jenko--who was a jerk to Schmidt--get his comeuppance as he lives as a social outcast,21 Jump Street goes for a lot of laughs, and most of the gags hit their mark. The film satisfies as wish fulfillment; the chance to go to high school and gain acceptance from the in-crowd, and pass all the hard classes to feel smart. There's also an element of schadenfreude watching the once-popular Jenko--who was a jerk to Schmidt--get his comeuppance as he lives as a social outcast, while Schmidt gets much of the glory in their detective work. Where 21 Jump Street stumbles is in its storytelling. A subplot about Jenko's flirty chemistry teacher doesn't pay off because it gets dropped midway through (the conclusion, and footage during the end credits suggest there's more to it). It should also be mentioned that the action sequences aren't exciting, and a fight scene is shot too close in that blasted Shaky-Cam that's making its rounds as of late. However, such considerations are in some ways moot. 21 Jump Street is a class clown of a movie, just trying to get a laugh. Full review on my blog. Expand
  15. Mar 27, 2012
    I must say, I was skeptical at first, but now .. wow. I'm in love. Truly amazing. Just so very heart warming, especially the friendship between the two. I mean such a funny, lovely, sweet and action packed film. The very point of it all, the reason why I liked this movie as much as I did is that it's not your every day movie. It contains parts and aspects that you can't see ahead. ReallyI must say, I was skeptical at first, but now .. wow. I'm in love. Truly amazing. Just so very heart warming, especially the friendship between the two. I mean such a funny, lovely, sweet and action packed film. The very point of it all, the reason why I liked this movie as much as I did is that it's not your every day movie. It contains parts and aspects that you can't see ahead. Really different and interesting. I suggest you find time and see this unbelievable movie. Hope you like it. Collapse
  16. Mar 21, 2012
    As witty as it is funny, 21 Jump Street manages to fire on all cylinders throughout. Satisfying comedy fans and action fans, this film transcends genres very well. A well crafted story as well as a cast that rivals any movie in Hollywood, and you have a winning combination. Besides the beginning sequence, the movie is well paced and allows you to follow every joke and punchline withoutAs witty as it is funny, 21 Jump Street manages to fire on all cylinders throughout. Satisfying comedy fans and action fans, this film transcends genres very well. A well crafted story as well as a cast that rivals any movie in Hollywood, and you have a winning combination. Besides the beginning sequence, the movie is well paced and allows you to follow every joke and punchline without any trouble. The comedy is clever and the acting is handled extremely well. This is a rare movie that had me laughing all the way through and one that I wouldn't mind seeing again in theaters. I recommend it to anybody that wants a laugh and is looking for a good movie to see with your significant other or friends. Classic comedy that will be referenced for years to come! Expand
  17. Apr 3, 2012
    Maybe im just too mature, or maybe just need to lower my standars when going to the movies, because this film did not make me laguh one bit. Like it was ok but in this day and age i just need to give up the fact that Hollywood is never going to produce a memorable comedy, or movie for tht matter. Too each their own I GUESS.
  18. Mar 29, 2012
    Awful. We walked out after 45 minutes - That's how long we gave it the benefit of the doubt. What a waste of time and money. Jonah Hill is funnier than that (not to call 21 Jump Street funny at all), and Channing Tatum is....I dunno, a beefcake or whatever. What the **** is with all the green (critic AND user)? Don't tell me this passes for funny. For me it passed for Are We There Yet? ItAwful. We walked out after 45 minutes - That's how long we gave it the benefit of the doubt. What a waste of time and money. Jonah Hill is funnier than that (not to call 21 Jump Street funny at all), and Channing Tatum is....I dunno, a beefcake or whatever. What the **** is with all the green (critic AND user)? Don't tell me this passes for funny. For me it passed for Are We There Yet? It even had Ice Cube! Ice Cube is a thespian of the highest caliber and should be showered with statues. There, I said it. Expand
  19. Mar 20, 2012
    Comedy classic for me. Everything works. I was surprised at how funny ice cube and channing were. Didnt think they could handle comedy that good, but they both pulled it off with flying colors. This is non-stop laughter from beginning to end. In the same vein as 40year old virgin, pinapple express raunchy comedies.
  20. Jun 29, 2012
    Yow! What a piece of junk! Why on earth was this movie made? 21 Jump Street wallows in so many movie cliches that I had to look at the walls of the movie theater to keep from being embarrassed at times. Absolutely nothing new or clever about it. One of those flicks that you know the endings of each scenario during the first line of their development. Like a bad teen film. Gave it aYow! What a piece of junk! Why on earth was this movie made? 21 Jump Street wallows in so many movie cliches that I had to look at the walls of the movie theater to keep from being embarrassed at times. Absolutely nothing new or clever about it. One of those flicks that you know the endings of each scenario during the first line of their development. Like a bad teen film. Gave it a one for a chuckle or two. I really just want to slap whoever greenlit this stinkbomb. Expand
  21. Aug 16, 2012
    I hate R rated debauchery with no redeeming value. So why did I go see this, because every once in a while a movie like 40 Year Old Virgin or The Hangover come along that make you thing good comedy can come form this genre. 21 Jump Street is not that movie. Stay away.
  22. Oct 12, 2012
    Please make a plan with your friends to go see this movie. Your friends and you will spend watching this great movie! Is great! Not only because of the funny moments, but it is original and fun!
  23. Jun 4, 2012
    Not a complete waste of downtime, but you don't have to look hard to find funnier stuff on television. I think they said it all early in the film when Captain Ice Cube tells everybody to "Embrace their stereotypes". Once you accept that as the measure of the film's wisdom then you can pretty much coast through the rest of it with the appropriate level of expectation. If you're bored andNot a complete waste of downtime, but you don't have to look hard to find funnier stuff on television. I think they said it all early in the film when Captain Ice Cube tells everybody to "Embrace their stereotypes". Once you accept that as the measure of the film's wisdom then you can pretty much coast through the rest of it with the appropriate level of expectation. If you're bored and don't feel like focusing too hard, you can watch this while surfing the web and not miss a single plot point or laugh. Expand
  24. Feb 2, 2013
    From a teen perspective who i'm sure the film is targeted towards i found this film both entertaining and hilarious. I deem it the perfect 'friends night in' film, if your friends, like mine, enjoy a mix of 'laugh out loud' humour and an interesting, at times immature (but still very real) narrative. I don't like seeing that both users and critics have slated this film. This film neverFrom a teen perspective who i'm sure the film is targeted towards i found this film both entertaining and hilarious. I deem it the perfect 'friends night in' film, if your friends, like mine, enjoy a mix of 'laugh out loud' humour and an interesting, at times immature (but still very real) narrative. I don't like seeing that both users and critics have slated this film. This film never claims to try to be a serious film in the slightest so don't take it as one. Whilst the film doesn't offer seriousness, it offers great humour, good story line and good acting. Go watch it. Expand
  25. Jun 20, 2013
    "21 Jump Street" is amazing, hilarious and clever, it has action sequences, laugh out loud parts, with a great cast and an original story, this movie is just so great.
  26. Oct 22, 2013
    As I sat in the theatre with the popcorn to my left and a Mountain Dew to my right, I couldn’t help but be mesmerized by a comedy that should be named movie of the year. 21 Jump Street, starring Jonah Hill and Channing Tatum, is a flick that can be enjoyed by adult viewers everywhere. With random jokes, and a well-picked cast, directors Chris Miller and Phil Lord have built up an idea thatAs I sat in the theatre with the popcorn to my left and a Mountain Dew to my right, I couldn’t help but be mesmerized by a comedy that should be named movie of the year. 21 Jump Street, starring Jonah Hill and Channing Tatum, is a flick that can be enjoyed by adult viewers everywhere. With random jokes, and a well-picked cast, directors Chris Miller and Phil Lord have built up an idea that could be made into a hit sequel sometime in the next few years.
    New York Times says it best when they state, “It wants to be fun and, to a perhaps surprising extent, it is.” The movie takes place in a stereotypical high school setting. Tatum and Hill play two newly graduated undercover cops that attend a school where they need to bust a dealer who plans to spread what “21 Jump Street (2012)” on IMDb calls “a new synthetic drug ring” to a more broadened population. With an unknown identity, the supplier is like a mystery that must be solved by the two main characters, Jenko and Schmidt, respectively.
    Both Tatum, whose character is Jenko, and Hill, who plays Schmidt, are two actors that seem to work in sync with each other, given the correct setting and plot. They were made for their parts in the movie. Their characters are described as two of the worst cops that the force has ever seen. As a result of their actions, the two are reassigned to 21 Jump Street, where they are given a new task to pose as typical teens in high school. Jenko is one that was once Mr. Popularity in high school, while Schmidt was a nerd. Some of the audiences’ laughs seem to come from the two having a social status swap when they get to the high school. Schmidt takes the place as the man on campus, while Jenko ends up at the bottom of the social status ranking. The two cops then begin to go their own ways in this new setting, but their heads stay focused on their reasoning for being there. Schmidt gets into the social cliques of high school, where his popularity goes to his head. Jenko befriends as group of nerds that indirectly help solve the case of who the supplier of the drug is.
    Along with the two main actors, a movie cannot be made without a strong supporting cast. It must have been difficult, but it can be seen that both Miller and Lord did a successful job with their choices for supporting actors. Starring in this movie includes Short Term 12 award-winning actress Brie Larson. Accompanying her includes Dave Franco, and Captain Dickinson played by Ice Cube. The group had many memorable lines that will continue to bring laughter to viewers for years to come. When watching the movie make sure you pay attention to the references towards “Korean Jesus.” This is one reference that I would personally not like to spoil anymore for you viewers who are reading this review.
    For all viewers who seek a good laugh and a good pain in the ribs due to laughing so hard, then 21 Jump Street should be the movie of choice. With a memorable cast, and an outrageously hysterical sequence of events making up the plot, nobody should have a reason to not enjoy this movie. The movie can easily go down in history for its many jokes and humorous puns. 21 Jump Street puts many thoughts in viewer’s heads; Rolling Stone Reviews says it well by justifying, “Are we always still in high school in our heads? 21 Jump Street thinks so. And Hill and Tatum are just the crazy-ass comedy team to prove it.”
  27. Mar 17, 2012
    Great movie, if you liked Superbad, you will most likely love this movie just as much. You can tell they put alot of research into it and inside jokes about Hollywood are hilarious!
  28. Mar 24, 2012
    I must admit that I am baffled by the high marks the users of this website are giving this movie. Has everyone had a drink of the Kool-Aid except for me? This wasn't the worst film I've seen, but it ranks pretty high on my list! The script is a mess. It felt as if they allowed a group of very immature 13-year-old boys write an R-rated script. The terrible and witless dialog was lacedI must admit that I am baffled by the high marks the users of this website are giving this movie. Has everyone had a drink of the Kool-Aid except for me? This wasn't the worst film I've seen, but it ranks pretty high on my list! The script is a mess. It felt as if they allowed a group of very immature 13-year-old boys write an R-rated script. The terrible and witless dialog was laced with gratuitous obscenities that were so awkward and painful to listen to that I could hear my heart groaning and moaning. If it weren't for the friends I was with I would've left long before the end of this movie. If the theater had a dental office I would have chosen to have root canal rather than sit through another minute of this bile! What happened to the "character development"? What happened to continuity? The filmmaker couldn't decide what kind of movie he wanted to make...was this a drama with bits of comedy? Was this a slapstick comedy with "heart"? Was this a cartoon? They wanted to capture the essence of "Kick-Ass" but missed completely! Expand
  29. May 18, 2012
    21 Jump Street: Awful pacing, unfunny dialog, cliché-ridden film that fails to stand out with anything original.

It's barely even a movie, the strung together scenes with obvious and weak dialog felt like a male version of Never Been Kissed (1999) even The Legend Of Ron Burgundy, a movie pieced together from the outtakes and deleted scenes of Anchorman, stuck together make a better and more coherent film that this did, and that's actually funny.
  30. Mar 23, 2012
    Loved it too as I laughed out loud. If you are looking for a fun popcorn movie this is it. Everyone did an outstanding job. Just don't take it too seriously and you will have lots of fun.

1. Reviewed by: Andrew Lapin
    Mar 19, 2012
    The devil-may-care attitude is what makes 21 Jump Street so entertaining.
  2. Reviewed by: Ben Sachs
    Mar 18, 2012
    Directors Phil Lord and Chris Miller (Cloudy With a Chance of Meatballs) seem to be after the gentle irreverence of David Gordon Green's buddy flick "Pineapple Express," but without his sensitivity and attention to character the movie quickly grows monotonous.
  3. Reviewed by: James Mottram
    Mar 16, 2012
    With Hill on co-scripting duties with Scott Pilgrim scribe Michael Bacall, 21 Jump Street was always going to live or die by its gags. Fortunately, it boasts that sweet-yet-dirty comedy that Hill revels in.