7.5

1. Apr 1, 2014
    I really enjoyed this movie , we were laughing a lot , it has a lot of funny moments , just don't take this movie too seriously . I was surprised - I didn't expect so much fun from it !
  2. Mar 29, 2014
    Without a doubt the funniest comedy I have watched in a very long time. Channing Tatum and Jonah Hill are an absolute laugh riot here and work perfectly together. Honestly the whole movie is just one non-stop laugh fest. The humor is basically what you would expect from a modern R-rated comedy but only a thousand times smarter. Truly one of the best comedies I have ever seen and I highly recommend it to anyone who is looking for laughs and doesn't mind the profane and crude humor this movie often offers. Expand
  3. Mar 5, 2014
    Jonah Hill and Channing Tatum are hilarious together, although neither actor seems to be able to transition from comedy to drama in a single movie. The punch lines are good, although when they move to a more serious part, it seems unauthentic and just odd to watch. Overall the movie is funny and is not supposed to be taken too seriously as a remake or sequel. Bringing back characters from the original series, was a good touch and shows that they felt the movie was good enough representation for them to be in it. Expand
  4. Feb 20, 2014
    [7.4] This movie is the best kind of stupid: a mind numbing, completely self-conscious, ridiculous, and somehow smart stupid. It's consistently funny, clever, and as long as you go into expecting what you would normally expect from Jonah Hill, you'll be more than happy.
  5. Jan 15, 2014
    Wasn't impressed.
    The movie has its nice moments. But overall it's mostly infantile humor and silly and unconvincing storyline didn't do it for me.
    For a good silly film watch any mel brooks movie.
  6. Jan 11, 2014
    21 Jump Street can be cliché and unfunny at times especially in the last third but that does not stop it from being an enjoyable film. There is some great comedy in this movie and some hilarious moments. Also, there are some likeable characters some of which I wish had more focus. I’d recommend this film to anyone in high school or college they’ll probably love it. It’s a great high school movie that will give you lots of laughs. Expand
  7. Dec 30, 2013
    I came with some very low expectations to this film, and was pleasantly surprised.
    The humor is witty, nerdy, and smart; the plot is a light parody of the genre, as well as current trends among youth; and there's even a surprise cameo by a big star that the ladies can't seem to get enough of.
    It was enjoyable all the way through.
  8. Dec 13, 2013
    Ridiculously funny and bizarre. Best comedy of 2012. The most I´ve laughed in a long time watching a movie. Both leading actors are good in their roles and even the supporting ones are nice to watch. There were a couple of moments I laughed out loud for several seconds, which is very rare in my case. The biggest props should go to the script and the hilarious situations it creates. Good stuff.
  9. Dec 12, 2013
    Like an off-the-hook blend of Breaking Bad and Superbad, 21 Jump Street delivers a combination of action and hilarity, but it doesn't do it in a very memorable way.
  10. Nov 18, 2013
    21 Jump Street was super funny. It was light, frothy, foul-mouthed and very strange... But in a good way. Even Channing Tatum is good. Yes, I know! That's a miracle! Great stuff all the way around.
  11. Nov 2, 2013
    Could've been a lot worse but a surprisingly fun time with Hill and Tatum in this ridiculous buddy cop movie. Definitely not a comedy that you have to see or rent out, but its a decent one for a bored Friday night.
  12. Oct 22, 2013
    As I sat in the theatre with the popcorn to my left and a Mountain Dew to my right, I couldn’t help but be mesmerized by a comedy that should be named movie of the year. 21 Jump Street, starring Jonah Hill and Channing Tatum, is a flick that can be enjoyed by adult viewers everywhere. With random jokes, and a well-picked cast, directors Chris Miller and Phil Lord have built up an idea that could be made into a hit sequel sometime in the next few years.
    New York Times says it best when they state, “It wants to be fun and, to a perhaps surprising extent, it is.” The movie takes place in a stereotypical high school setting. Tatum and Hill play two newly graduated undercover cops that attend a school where they need to bust a dealer who plans to spread what “21 Jump Street (2012)” on IMDb calls “a new synthetic drug ring” to a more broadened population. With an unknown identity, the supplier is like a mystery that must be solved by the two main characters, Jenko and Schmidt, respectively.
    Both Tatum, whose character is Jenko, and Hill, who plays Schmidt, are two actors that seem to work in sync with each other, given the correct setting and plot. They were made for their parts in the movie. Their characters are described as two of the worst cops that the force has ever seen. As a result of their actions, the two are reassigned to 21 Jump Street, where they are given a new task to pose as typical teens in high school. Jenko is one that was once Mr. Popularity in high school, while Schmidt was a nerd. Some of the audiences’ laughs seem to come from the two having a social status swap when they get to the high school. Schmidt takes the place as the man on campus, while Jenko ends up at the bottom of the social status ranking. The two cops then begin to go their own ways in this new setting, but their heads stay focused on their reasoning for being there. Schmidt gets into the social cliques of high school, where his popularity goes to his head. Jenko befriends as group of nerds that indirectly help solve the case of who the supplier of the drug is.
    Along with the two main actors, a movie cannot be made without a strong supporting cast. It must have been difficult, but it can be seen that both Miller and Lord did a successful job with their choices for supporting actors. Starring in this movie includes Short Term 12 award-winning actress Brie Larson. Accompanying her includes Dave Franco, and Captain Dickinson played by Ice Cube. The group had many memorable lines that will continue to bring laughter to viewers for years to come. When watching the movie make sure you pay attention to the references towards “Korean Jesus.” This is one reference that I would personally not like to spoil anymore for you viewers who are reading this review.
    For all viewers who seek a good laugh and a good pain in the ribs due to laughing so hard, then 21 Jump Street should be the movie of choice. With a memorable cast, and an outrageously hysterical sequence of events making up the plot, nobody should have a reason to not enjoy this movie. The movie can easily go down in history for its many jokes and humorous puns. 21 Jump Street puts many thoughts in viewer’s heads; Rolling Stone Reviews says it well by justifying, “Are we always still in high school in our heads? 21 Jump Street thinks so. And Hill and Tatum are just the crazy-ass comedy team to prove it.”
  13. Sep 20, 2013
    If you want to see a somewhat funny movie with lots of jokes, parties, and pretty people, but has nothing to offer, than watch 21 Jump Street. It'll satisfy your Friday night of boredom and leave you with memories of when you were in high school. It doesn't have a message to offer other than don't become a cop to act like these two knuckleheads.
  14. Sep 17, 2013
    This film is funny in a way that teenagers will understand meaning it's audience will last forever and parents will show it to their children when they grow up, i believe this will be a classic.
  15. Aug 4, 2013
    funny as crap and definantally a movie that will never be forgotten with the legendary cast of ice cube Jonah hill channing tatum ps way better than the old tv show
  16. Jul 29, 2013
    I used to watch the TV show 21 Jump Street, and while it was clever, I didn't think it was anything special. When I heard they were making a movie, it peeked my interest, but the previews made it look like it would be God awful, in one of the worst marketing campaigns for a film I've ever seen. After hearing some good things from friends and being that it had a good cast, I decided to give the film a shot and it far exceeded my expectations. Two of the dumbest and most immature cops on the force are sent on an undercover mission to infiltrate a local High School and find out where a new designer drug is coming from. Right from the start you could tell the film would lean more to the comedic side as opposed to the show, which was more dramatic. Going the comedic way, especially with the cast they had, was the right way to go, but much of the film was still unbelievable. Anyone who believes that either Jonah Hill or Channing Tatum could even come close to passing for High School student are completely out of their minds. Also, the speed in which these two idiots went from being the worst cops on the force to celebrated heroes was ridiculous. It would have been far more enjoyable if these guys just sorta stumbled into solving the crime, rather than all of a sudden becoming great cops. As for the cast, Jonah Hill continues to be the most underrated comedic actor in Hollywood. I have yet to see this guy do a bad movie. Channing Tatum was pretty good too, he's known more for his looks than his talent, but he fit his role extremely well. It was probably written specifically for his persona, similar to his role in Magic Mike, but he still is very good. Finally, the cast is rounded out by Dave Franco, the younger and better looking brother of James Franco, who for the very first time shows that he is more than just a kid, getting work because of his brother. He was very solid and perhaps the most believable and likeable character in this film. 21 Jump Street is nothing new, it's another cop movie that blends comedy and action, like almost every other Lethal Weapon wannabe. The story isn't better than the rest, but it is funnier than most of the other films and it has some terrific cameos. Expand
  17. Jun 25, 2013
    This film tries to make you laugh. And it achieves that. The cast is hilarious and probably the best for that movie. This film has an intelligent plot and It was an interesting film. You won't get bored and you will laugh in many points and scenes in that movie. Thumbs up!
  18. Jun 20, 2013
    "21 Jump Street" is amazing, hilarious and clever, it has action sequences, laugh out loud parts, with a great cast and an original story, this movie is just so great.
  19. Jun 17, 2013
    A movie that has a lot of comedy. Jonah Hill plays a essential role in this film; brings out a lot of the gags, that make this film funny. although, surprisingly Tatum is also turns on the comedy, which shows these two as a great duo that are both extremely entertaining. Overall a great movie that is well written, purposefully for laughs, that work well.
  20. Jun 9, 2013
    Based on an 80’s TV show that not many people will remember 21 Jump Street sees police academy graduates Schmidt and Jenko sent undercover to a local high school to infiltrate a local drugs ring. As the film happily admits during an early scene the US has hardly had a shortage of remakes in recent time but, while it perhaps tries a little too hard to be outrageous on occasions, 21 Jump Street has enough clever ideas and laugh out loud moments to ensure fans of films such as The Hangover will not be disappointed. Expand
  21. May 30, 2013
    Fun movie, don't go in to it looking for anything too serious. Gave it a 6 due to the excessive swearing, which wasn't really needed. The R Rating is definitely earned.
  22. May 25, 2013
    Muy buena esta pelicula de comedia-accion, protagonizada por Jonah Hill y Channing Tatum, que cuenta con los cameos de Johnny Depp y Peter DeLuise; remake de la serie del mismo nombre.
  23. Apr 24, 2013
    You don't have to watch the old tv show to see if its going to be good. Because it's not anything like the show, but it's still enjoyable to watch. It interesting to turn an old tv drama into a new a hip comedy. The movie was hilarious. Channing Tatum and Jonah Hill work perfectly together, but honestly, Channing's character was much more hilarious than Jonah's (which is kind of unexpected). The storyline is fairly average and ununique. But combining the comedy gold makes this movie work. The biggest part was the Johnney Depp and Peter Deluise cameo from the old "21 Jump Street" tv show. Especially when they got shot. It was an unexpected cameo with an unexpected twist, but was one of the best moments of the movie. The story does stretch at times, but overall, it's a fun action-comedy that you'll never forget. Expand
  24. Apr 22, 2013
    This was pretty funny, I`m glad I watched it cause I didn`t expect much frm it. No point in watching this if you have no sense of humor, I`m jughing this as a comedy movie not trying to compare this to Action movies.
  25. Apr 20, 2013
    In a time where remakes and long time are becoming more and more of a expectation, 21 Jump Street delivers a surprisingly fresh and hilarious take on the TV show of the same name, and contrary to popular belief, this is in fact a sequel to the show, continuing with the same arc.
    Jonah Hill is on fine form as Morton Schmidt, a cop who, as a teen, was an Eminem wannabe (this is an hilarious
    opening to the film) in school who never became popular.
    Channing Tatum, really proving his brass as a comedy actor, is the opposite as Greg Jenko, the college 'jock' who gets what and who he wants when he pleases.
    This of course forms an unlikely pairing in their later years as law enforcers, now best friends, they happen across what could be the biggest bust of their careers but mess it up, and are transferred a the newly revived division, based of course at 21 Jump Street.
    As they are tasked with infiltrating high school all over again, they notice just how much the place has changed since they were there, and it seems their roles in school may now change, setting up the rest of the film as the two officers attempt to infiltrate and break up a youth drug ring within the school.
    Jump Street will play on the most basic and instinctive of emotions, profanity laced humour, and there is certainly no shortage in this film. Jonah Hill is certainly in the drivers seat with many of these jokes, borrowing similar scenarios from his previous films but hey, if its not broke, don't fix it.
    Channing Tatum was the surprising highlight of this film, is skills at coming across as simple and his countless attempts to come across as cool in his new role as a student all over again make for pretty funny watching.
    The plot itself does come up a little too simplistic, and there is of course plenty of over the top drama, but its all enjoyable fun at the end of the day. The film is never short on talent, with unforgettable cameos from the original TV show stars Johnny Depp and Peter DeLuise, and even the other cast members including Dave Franco, the brilliantly funny Rob Riggle and a truly hysterical Ice Cube, there is certainly many aspects of this film that make it an excellent sequel/revival of the TV show and one of the best comedies of the year.
  26. Mar 31, 2013
    I liked this a lot more than I thought I would. It's not really my sort of film, so it took a while to grow on me, but once it did there were some good laughs and a clever cameo or two. Jonah Hill does his thing and Channing Tatum is surprisingly quite good too. Nick Offerman and Brie Larson bring a bit of spark to their roles also. In the end it's all a bit predictable, but enjoyable enough.
  27. Mar 3, 2013
    I personally loved this movie and you should too. It was one of the funniest movies I've ever seen if not the BEST movie. Although i will say the end is a bit gross but still funny and one heck of a great movie!
  28. Feb 9, 2013
    To tell you all the truth I've never even heard of the television show before of this movie and to tell you all the truth I don't really care about that, because my lack of knowledge never hindered my enjoyment of this movie one bit. This is a weird comedy in the sense that there are so many jokes, ranging from slapstick to stupidly weird, that obviously some don't work but a lot actually do. You'll find yourself laughing at things that don't actually make much sense but they're funny all the same. The depiction of high school is also very different...that is actually intelligent. Its not the same old high school with the same stereotypes this one actually makes sense. Even though the comedy is first class, the plot is a bit of a mess. Its not bad but it gets distracted on a number of occasions. The leads are also weird they are so mismatched that they actually work....Tantum gives a great performance and Hill is in his environment but its the relationship that shines. Expand
  29. Feb 7, 2013
    Don't listen to what other people are saying that you need to be brain dead or fourteen years old in junior high to enjoy this movie. This movie is simply for people that enjoy raunchy jokes or for people that have a sense of humour that disturbs others in the non-violent sense. What jokes you may ask? The kind that centre around awkward sexual themes, faeces, hipsters you hate, drugs and other jokes that shouldn't be said at the table. For what it's worth, I rarely laugh out loud to"normal jokes" as they just don't cut it...this movie actually made my movie experience a "laughing in my seat spilling pop-corn" instead of "walking outside of the theatre thinking about the CGI scenes and how the script was not believable for a movie that tried coming across as real". Watch it with your friends and have some food. Expand
  30. Feb 7, 2013
    I was really surprised at just how good this movie was. While it isn't anything we haven't seen before, it also adds something fresh to a very tired genre. Tatum is surprisingly good at comedy?! Who'd have thought?! Overall: A very good comedy that is well worth watching, even if you think it isn't for you.

1. Reviewed by: Andrew Lapin
    Mar 19, 2012
    The devil-may-care attitude is what makes 21 Jump Street so entertaining.
  2. Reviewed by: Ben Sachs
    Mar 18, 2012
    Directors Phil Lord and Chris Miller (Cloudy With a Chance of Meatballs) seem to be after the gentle irreverence of David Gordon Green's buddy flick "Pineapple Express," but without his sensitivity and attention to character the movie quickly grows monotonous.
  3. Reviewed by: James Mottram
    Mar 16, 2012
    With Hill on co-scripting duties with Scott Pilgrim scribe Michael Bacall, 21 Jump Street was always going to live or die by its gags. Fortunately, it boasts that sweet-yet-dirty comedy that Hill revels in.