5.8

1. Aug 1, 2011
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Every once and awhile I will give into my wifeâ Expand
  2. Nov 24, 2010
    very emotional, cry a lot, and katherine is great. it was predicted as all romantic movies, but it is unique, in dialogue and direction.
    I love it!
  3. Aug 8, 2011
    Despite the cliche and ridiculous. But somehow it works for me. At least entertaining. Good chemistry from Katherine Heigl and James Marsden. It tell us, the world don't suck up, there's still something call love.
  4. Dec 31, 2011
    Katherine Heigl gives a very impressive and funny performance, but sadly it is a romantic comedy and they usually fall for the basic formula and you know everything that is going to happen and it soon becomes boring. I give this movie 15%.
  5. Nov 26, 2011
    This has everything my wife loves - Ed Burns and weddings. That doesn't bother me - but being played all Thanksgiving weekend long - does. I've lost patience watching the bubblegum chickflix and shows I've experienced in our relationship. Sadly, she doesn't understand how or why I don't want to watch them with her.

As annoying as Heigl can be, she is good in this genre and plays the
    selfless, meek sister who finds her voice 17 minutes before the film ends perfectly. Malin Ackerman is the consolation for the men dragged to this film - but we all know we'd rather see her as the Silk Spectre. Expand
  6. Zal
    Jan 11, 2012
    It was OK. I didn't like it much but I can't bring myself to hate it. I will say this: There is nothing new in this movie. Well, except for the fact that this is the first movie I've seen where James Marsden gets the girl in the end. That was it.
  7. Dec 21, 2012
    This is not a bad movie. However, it's not the best either. Chalk full of cliches, old-time metaphors, and the feeling that this sort of movie has been filmed before; it's not all bad. There is laugh to be heard here and there. It was disapointing.
  8. Apr 27, 2014
    Katherine Heigl is great in this movie. It is a total chick flick with a dash of comedy. It's pretty light and fun and always good to watch with your gal pals. It is unique and different to any other chick flick I have seen, (which nowadays seems to be a challenge, they all mimic each other.) Liked it.
  9. Jul 31, 2014
    I'd like to start this review making a point that one would think is obvious. '27 Dresses' is a rom-com. It is the most typical rom-com you will find. Anyone who gave this a bad reviews obviously doesn't like rom-coms. It is filled to the brim with cliches and I imagine that most people can predict the entire plot of the film within the first twenty minutes. Despite this, I like romantic comedies. They are brainless, fun and pass the time. As they go, this is the perfect rom-com; it was well written, has an adorable ending and has two or three particularly funny gags. I'm not saying this film is amazing, because it's not; there are plenty of moments where there are no good jokes and it could easily be funnier with a better script. What I'm saying is that if a person likes chick-flicks/ rom-coms, they will almost certainly enjoy this film. Expand

1. While Heigl is terrific, this uninspired romantic comedy is considerably less so.
  2. Reviewed by: Joe Leydon
    Frothy, funny and formulaic, 27 Dresses is a pleasantly predictable romantic comedy that sees Katherine Heigl following “Knocked Up” with smooth moves at the wheel of her first starring vehicle.
    There's not a surprising moment in the movie yet it works in spite of the stale, insipid storyline. That has a lot to do with lead actress Katherine Heigl and a little to do with the glowing embers between her and her co-star, James Marsden.