5.8

1. Zal
    Jan 11, 2012
    It was OK. I didn't like it much but I can't bring myself to hate it. I will say this: There is nothing new in this movie. Well, except for the fact that this is the first movie I've seen where James Marsden gets the girl in the end. That was it.
  2. Dec 31, 2011
    Katherine Heigl gives a very impressive and funny performance, but sadly it is a romantic comedy and they usually fall for the basic formula and you know everything that is going to happen and it soon becomes boring. I give this movie 15%.
  3. Nov 26, 2011
    This has everything my wife loves - Ed Burns and weddings. That doesn't bother me - but being played all Thanksgiving weekend long - does. I've lost patience watching the bubblegum chickflix and shows I've experienced in our relationship. Sadly, she doesn't understand how or why I don't want to watch them with her.

As annoying as Heigl can be, she is good in this genre and plays the
    selfless, meek sister who finds her voice 17 minutes before the film ends perfectly. Malin Ackerman is the consolation for the men dragged to this film - but we all know we'd rather see her as the Silk Spectre. Expand
  4. Aug 1, 2011
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Every once and awhile I will give into my wifeâ Expand

1. While Heigl is terrific, this uninspired romantic comedy is considerably less so.
  2. Reviewed by: Joe Leydon
    Frothy, funny and formulaic, 27 Dresses is a pleasantly predictable romantic comedy that sees Katherine Heigl following “Knocked Up” with smooth moves at the wheel of her first starring vehicle.
    There's not a surprising moment in the movie yet it works in spite of the stale, insipid storyline. That has a lot to do with lead actress Katherine Heigl and a little to do with the glowing embers between her and her co-star, James Marsden.