7.4

1. Jan 2, 2014
    Hands down, the best horror movie ever made since The Shining in 1980. Danny Boyle proves his versatility as a director with this movie, mixing a love story with real, intense scares. The scenery is memorable, as is the phenomenal John Murphy soundtrack. I highly recommend this movie. Also, in response to some of the negative comments on here, the cameras were intentionally rough until the end of the movie. I felt it added confusion and harshness to the most intense parts. Expand
  2. Sep 16, 2013
    Esta pelicula me gusto mucho, tuvo un argumento muy bueno y bien desarrollado y buenos personajes.Tuvo un comienzo igual al de "The Walking Dead" y buenas escenas de accion.
  3. Aug 31, 2013
    A classic zombie movie. One of the best horror pictures ever made. I really liked it and if you haven't seen it yet, you don't know what horror film means. Bravo!!! Shocking!!!
  4. Aug 26, 2013
    This movie was very, very boring. I was not impressed with the storyline or the acting. The movie contains a naked man laying on a hospital bed. Some language.
  5. May 9, 2013
    A truly great film that, in addition to being a horror film is also very dramatic, which makes us reflect on human violence. In fact the contagion occurred because of some monkeys infected with a strong form of anger. This has led to despair and in the movie is an example of the soldiers who have been the ultimate form of civilization and who are so desperate to behave in an inhumane way. Interesting photography that gives us a picture of how both England after infection, and even the good direction. Expand
  6. Apr 10, 2013
    This movie was outstanding it has a very strong political message and it is very well structure Love the directing style for this film. David Boyle did an outstanding jib with directing it. The cast is good but the only problem is it might be boring to some people. Overall this film is one of my favorite zombie films, its different this movie isn't supposed to be action pack, this is the beginning of the zombie apocalypse. I love the multiply cam shots in the streets. You should watch this film if you like good movies. Expand
  7. Mar 30, 2013
    Definitely the best zombie movie ever. A true masterpiece. Deals more with human emotions related to survival instead of resorting to gore and violence. Only when you hold it in comparison against other zombie movies that you realize how genuine and thought provoking this movie was.
  8. Mar 28, 2013
    This is a pretty enjoyable film. It is slightly low-budget though, and you notice some moments that just doesn't make sense. The storyline itself is not very spectacular or very intense, but it is an enjoyable watch nontheless. I enjoyed it. It's not it's not great.
  9. Feb 23, 2013
    28 Days Later is the brain child of Director Danny Boyle, who has might quite a name for himself over the last few years. It is also another post apocalyptic film that plays into people's fear of the end of the world. Most of these movies suck, but Boyle knew this and made sure his movie didn't. 28 Days Later follows the life of a survivor (Cillian Murphy) who wakes up in an empty hospital after an accident. He has no idea what's going on, but soon learns the horrible truth. Boyle decide to film the movie as if he were following this stranger from a distance, with an outdated camcorder. It gives the movie a grainy, dark, 70's style and fits right into the story. Cillian Murphy is great in his first leading role and you can see why he's now a name in Hollywood. Overall, it's pretty bloody and predictable, but defiantly not your typical end of the world film. The acting is top notch and the way it was filmed and directed make it something special. Expand
  10. Feb 2, 2013
    The Rage virus has wiped out nearly all of England, turning its infected into murderous killers driven only by their need to feed. Now, a handful of unlucky survivors are left to find an escape from the nationwide pandemic. In 2002, Danny Boyle shook the Horror genre with a refreshing new thriller that redefined the zombie movie and terrified audiences around the world. 28 DAYS LATER offers a nihilistic world view in which humanity is the ultimate villain. Man's attempt to dissect and control nature is what caused the deadly virus, and while the infected mindlessly attack out of the primal need to feed, it is the living characters that kill out of fear, paranoia, and selfish desire. As best portrayed by the corrupted band of soldiers in the end of the film, it is darkest human emotions that drive home the suspense in 28 DAYS LATER, with the added horror of infected flesh-eaters running in the streets. The infected are unlike any of the undead that we have ever seen before. They are fast and ferocious, bursting through windows and tearing into their victims with a shocking speed. This would become a popular trend in the zombie films to follow, the most notable example being Zack Synder's frightening update to the Horror classic DAWN OF THE DEAD. Boyle's decision to shoot 28 DAYS LATER on a digital camera delivers a grim sense of reality, which is darkened even further by the dreary score. He also creates one of the defining moments in recent Horror as Jim walks aimlessly through the deserted streets of London. 28 DAYS LATER has a devastating effect on the viewer, and has proven to be one of the best films from the 2000's.

-Carl Manes
    I Like Horror Movies
  11. Jan 31, 2013
    Best zombie film of all time. Great pacing, great story, great zombies, full of suspense, realistic dialog, disturbing, morbid, and violent. What more do you need?
  12. Jan 23, 2013
    Although I thought the movie was great, it didn't actually scare me all that much. It was more of a thriller than it was a horror film. What really got me was the sheer brutality of it all, The ending was somewhat disappointing, but it can be overlooked.
  13. Jan 16, 2013
    Quite different to your American zombie movie as it focus more on survival rather than a zombie apocalypse. Lead by a great cast, in particular Naomie Harris who plays a bad-ass Selena. The zombies aren't even zombies, more-so humans infected with rage, which is a nice little twist on the genre. It is fairly slow-paced at times but tends to get quite exciting towards the end with a few shocks in there. Overall an impressive zombie flick from the Brits that also delivered an impressive sequel! Expand
  14. Jan 12, 2013
    While the plot never even considers throwing the viewer any curve balls, the film shines on its unparalleled ability to set atmosphere, its talented actors, and its excellent dialogue. The overwhelming element of this film is fear; it's what drives both the protagonist and the antagonists, and it's what this film almost perfectly instills in its audience. The expert cinematography and music very much make this movie what it is, hitting and emphasizing every emotional note perfectly. Expand
  15. Dec 10, 2012
    It's definitively not the best zombies movie out there, they did produced great movie scenarios and fair picture display, the story it's very good but at the same time the movie it's attractive and cliched. Cillian Murphy's acting performance does save some pieces of the movie but it wasn't enough.
  16. Nov 18, 2012
    The camera work is nothing short of genius. Too bad the budget was too low to pay for good quality cameras.
  17. Aug 25, 2012
    28 Days Later is quite simply one of, if not the best, zombie movies I have ever seen. The characters are well developed and fleshed out, and you really feel for them and hope they do survive. The film is violent, but doesn't go out of its way to be violent, rather than being non-stop graphic violence. And the story is actually semi-believable, the infected aren't dead bodies risen from the dead, they are living people infected with a deadly incurable virus. I highly recommend this movie, extremely good. Expand
  18. Aug 13, 2012
    Danny Boyle is and has been Britain's best director since his ballsy masterpiece Trainspotting. Now he brings us 28 Days Later. The story of a man named Jim who awakes from a coma 28 days after a virus known as Rage has contaminated the Great British public. Along his way Jim makes new friends, realises that not even humans can be trusted in the end of the world and what precautions are really being put in place to ensure the virus doesn't leave England. Expand
  19. Feb 5, 2012
    I think it is a very good movie for its genre. It was gripping, smart, and yeah...somehow realistic if situated in the right context. Virus, epidemies, all that can happen, we just never think that would happen to us, these days in our world. It is a movie where values are tested, so are relationships. There is gore, but I don't think it is unnecessary. I didn't like the fact that Mark gets killed so early in the movie...I would have loved to know more about his character, which seemed pretty nice. There was room for improvement and there could have been a better argument about the use that 'women' had for the army guys. Just lust? what about a different approach..survival and preservation of the specie? I mean, at this point the movie turned a bit basic. I expected a more elaborated argument here for it could have become even more profound what was somehow wasted. this part of the movie is indeed, stereotypical but overall it was a film I enjoyed a lot. One thing I found really silly is not the movie, but comments/question I have read in other sites about why 'Frank left his credit card if that could have been of use, later?', c'mon,wasn't it a clearly sarcastic gesture related to the fact that money -given the circumstances- can be of not value at all? What kind of movie people that make those stupid remarks were watching? Keeping money, or a credit card to 'bribe someone' when the whole country is wiped out and the characters are permanently saying how money is totally useless? Quite honestly, questions or arguments like that used to criticize this movie make me feel sorry for some people's IQ...! Collapse
  20. Nov 3, 2011
    Danny Boyle's post-modern zombie flick is quite rightly acclaimed. It's tense, scary and thoroughly British. You follow a group of well-developed characters that you actually care about (a rarity for a horror film) and you genuinely feel for their plight. The real strength of 28 Days is its use of contrast in tone - Boyle gives you a good scare, then gradually lulls you into a false sense of security again with an extended period of calm, making the next scare all the more shocking. The middle act of the film essentially resembles a jolly family road trip, making the jet-black finale all the more disturbing. Boyle has plenty of opportunity to show off as a director, and with some arty cinematography and rapid-fire editing, he continues to prove himself to be a true artisan. The crowning jewel of 28 Days Later is definitely the finale, which is a dazzling stylish sequence that evolves into something you'd never see in a mainstream Hollywood horror film. With some great performances, loads of scares and bucket-loads of style, 28 Days Later is a truly spectacular alternative British horror film. Expand
  21. Nov 2, 2011
    I sound like a broken record at the moment because yet again 28 Days later is a film of two halves. the first is slow but does build the characters in a way that makes the latter half pack an emotional punch as well as a visceral one.

The 2nd half of 28 Days is just so good you can excuse the slow nature of the first 45 minutes even if it does serve a purpose towards the end. However the
    best thing about 28 Days Later is its a film making a point but it never feels heavy handed or as if its being force fed to you. The idea that the real monsters are the humans is a point made by Danny Boyle so adeptly that the film leaves you thinking at the end about society now and what would happen in a national emergency (at least, I did). The direction is also incredibly ambitious despite the limited budget (which unfortunately is incredibly noticeable) with shots including empty streets surrounding Westminster and the houses of parliament being extremely prolific and inspired. The cast of Cillian Murphy, Naomie Harris, Brendan Gleeson and Megan Burns work well together and all give great performances, especially Gleeson as someone holding onto hope for the sake of his daughter. The final 20 minutes of the film is a fine example of how all films should end with the film culminating in an incredibly tense action set piece that provides genuine chills and scares while also shocking you to your core. Its a thrilling film which may take some getting into but by the end it is well worth it. Expand
  22. Oct 19, 2011
    Sure, Danny Boyle's "28 Days Later" is a wonderful, gritty, realistic example of what the world would be if there was a zombie apocalypse (which I highly doubt). But except for the pure horror entertainment and several political satire, it's pretty much another linear zombie film that really isn't any different from Romero's.
  23. Oct 3, 2011
    The continuation of a great movie, no doubt loved to see the continuation that, fortunately, and unlike many sequels was not a copy of the first, a film is quite rich in terms of history and everything else, with new images, new scenes, and a completely worthy of a zombie film. I liked it, really. And it's pretty rare to me enjoying a movie, but just the story itself got my attention.
  24. Sep 4, 2011
    I think "28 Days Later" is, as critics use to say, an "emotionally satisfying" story. A thrilling film stuffed with action-packed scenes and good acting.
  25. Jul 3, 2011
    One of the very few zombie or horror films that are actually scary and suck you in into a post-apocalyptic world where you are helpless and scared to death.
  26. Jun 11, 2011
    I really enjoyed this! I liked the characters, and the acting was good. There wasn't quite enough gore for a zombie/apocalypse movie, but it was pretty intense just the same. The music was fantastic, and fit perfectly with what was going on.
  27. May 6, 2011
    Fantastic horror film. I daresay there hasn't been a zombie film this good since the original Dawn of the Dead. What really makes it work is the utterly desolate atmosphere, and the convincing desperation of the performers. Scary but not reliant on gore, this is a class act. One of the best horror films in decades.
  28. Mar 6, 2011
    This is the best zombie movie I've seen so far, it has great characters, plot, acting, and feel to it, while watching you feel like there is no hope for the characters, which makes them all the more enjoyable, a must see not just for zombie fans, but for fans of amazingly well made movies, every bit deserving of a perfect 10.
  29. Feb 3, 2011
    This was a great zombie movie ... I enjoyed the dynamic between the heroes and the twists that caused even more stress between the actors. One of my favorite zombie movies ever.
  30. Jan 9, 2011
    When I first heard about this movie I was pumped. I can NEVER get enough quality zombie/infection type movies if they are well done, and this is WELL done. Acting is solid, the effects/costumes/blood/gore as all very believable, some parts will get you angry tho and thats what I love about movies, some parts you just want to reach through the screen, kept my involved and entertained throughout, same as 28 weeks later, BOTH quality infection/plague flicks that are a must watch for anyone a fan of those things. I wish theyd make more like this...! Expand
  31. Jan 7, 2011
    The film explores the human's most basic needs and instincts. Among them are, the fight for one's individual survival at all costs, and the need for a perspective on the future of humankind, even if that would lead to detaining and raping the last few women. Interstingly, one of the characters in the movie claims that people have killed each other since the birth of humankind, and that therafter nothing has changed since the arrival of zombies. This claim is open for interpretation and might imply that our kind's rage against one another will eventually lead to our own apocalypse. Another character suggests that due to the short time men have inhabitated Earth, the world will go back to normalcy after the extinction of the humans. Nevertheless, the movie is by far not nihilistic, but also claims that love for one another is our most important need, and therefore gives life a purpose even in the most dire situations. A great, and at times intense, low budget movie. Expand
  32. Oct 18, 2010
    I'm a sucker for a good zombie/whatever/end of the world movie so you may already know how this review is going to go... Although I guess I can be somewhat picky in the zombie movies I like. Either way this was a good one. Basically the zombies were created due to a release of a virus (as always) but this one was "rage". Anyway, typical storyline of zombie world and story of survivors, but this movie did do it a tad different. Or just really well. The last part of the movie was in my opinion pretty brilliant and unique in the terms of salvation didn't come through for them like they figured. Can't wait to watch the sequel. 4 out of 5.

33. Aug 14, 2010
    I really enjoyed this movie and the zombie origin story in provided. The actors in it do a great job. I was impressed with this one, and liked it equally as well as the second one.

1. Around about the third act, the picture does what no self-respecting virus ever would -- relents, turns confused, and lets our immune system fight back with thoughts of its own, with distracting cavils about the logic of the plot and the slightness of the themes.
  2. Reviewed by: Claudia Puig
    The look of the film, shot on digital video, is haunting and gritty. The cleaner, prettier look of 35mm would have detracted from the immediacy and sense of foreboding created in this artful blend of sci-fi and pseudo-realism.
    Cinematographer Anthony Dod Mantle, a veteran of low-tech Dogme films, work wonders with a digital camera, pausing to take in the beauty of the countryside or an eerily empty London…It's virtuosic without ever quite being showy.