3 Days to Kill

5.6

1. Feb 21, 2014
    3 Days to Kill is the kind of "Taken"-like action movie-thriller that is implausible as hell but still manages to capture our attention and at the same time be entertaining.
  2. Feb 22, 2014
    Kevin Costner is making a comeback and he's just as hot as ever. This movie was action filled and fun to watch, that you ignore some of the unrealistic parts. Definitely worth the watch in the theater.
  3. Feb 24, 2014
    I just saw this movie, taking some care to check it out first. I have always like Kevin Costner films. I personally found the movie entertaining. Anyone who has had challenges in their own family will feel heartwarming connections in the movie. I gave it an eight, perhaps it is more like a 7.5. I certainly do not regret sitting for almost two hours. Hey…what's wrong with happy endings ?
  4. Jun 19, 2014
    While it is filled with plenty of secret agent/spy movie cliches, as well as an overly familiar father trying to reconnect with his estranged daughter story, there's enough entertaining action and humor here to make it worth a watch. It manages to stay entertaining throughout, and that's more than I can say about lot of other similar movies. So while Costner won't make you forget aboutWhile it is filled with plenty of secret agent/spy movie cliches, as well as an overly familiar father trying to reconnect with his estranged daughter story, there's enough entertaining action and humor here to make it worth a watch. It manages to stay entertaining throughout, and that's more than I can say about lot of other similar movies. So while Costner won't make you forget about Neeson anytime soon, he manages to keep the movie entertaining enough to make it worth a rental. It might not take the genre to any new heights, or reach a lot of the old ones, but it can be a fun watch. Expand
  5. May 8, 2014
    Just saw the movie, I loved it. I thought its going to be another Liam Neeson type movie but it wasnt. The plot was flawlessly mixed with family drama, this is great entertainment.
  6. Aug 1, 2014
    I think many critics failed to recognize that this film was intentionally camp. This was a highly enjoyable film if you do not take it too seriously.
  7. Aug 19, 2014
    Directed by McG, written by Luc Besson, lead acting by Kevin Costner...perfect combination!!! It was a thriller not in the usual Hollywood formula. The lead character shows weakness and major flaws, but is a full and well rounded person. Of course the plot line is implausible, but the dialogue and pace of the the movie kept it engaging! I don't see any steals from the movie "Taken".Directed by McG, written by Luc Besson, lead acting by Kevin Costner...perfect combination!!! It was a thriller not in the usual Hollywood formula. The lead character shows weakness and major flaws, but is a full and well rounded person. Of course the plot line is implausible, but the dialogue and pace of the the movie kept it engaging! I don't see any steals from the movie "Taken". Instead, there's alot of originality in the movie. Plus, the soundtrack fits the movie perfectly, especially the song "Love it or Leave it". This movie is full of surprises, that only Luc Besson can do. The editing is superb. Expand
  8. Jun 24, 2014
    This film has quite an unusual mix of action, violence, comedy and schmaltz. Its not great but I found it entertaining and it held my interest for the entire time. Its a film that doesn't take itself seriously and has some funny moments. Its a different twist on the usual action movies and I liked it for being a bit different to the norm.
  9. Nov 2, 2014
    I believe this movie's a bit underrated, so I decided to write a little something in its defense. In 3 Days to Kill, basically, Kevin Costner plays Liam Neeson and the movie sits in the "Middle-aged guy has to go and kill a bunch of people for that last time" genre.
    Just like Costner's character, the movie tries to balance ass-kicking with family affairs. And it performs quite admirably, with a decent action scene occurring just in time to dilute the family scenes. What is a definite plus for 3DTK, is that the aforementioned family stuff isn't as irritating as it is in many similar films. Here, it is presented with a good deal of humor, which makes it watchable. Speaking of humor, it, to my surprise, is in abundance here, with some characters being so ridiculous they're even funny. The result is that some scenes and character interactions (like the "interrogations") are very unrealistic and akin to some comedy sketches, but entertaining nevertheless.
    Obviously, flaws are also present. Firstly, speaking of family, Costner's character's daughter is quite irritating both in her look and actions. Secondly, Amber Heard's character is, while obviously hot, also pretty weird, which leads to the third problem, that is, an overall bland and inconsistent plot. I might also add that for a Taken-style movie, it could have more melee fighting scenes, and ones with better fight choreography.
    To sum up, 3 Days to Kill is a decent action movie that gets nonsensical at times, but its good pacing, decent action scenes, unexpectedly funny situations and Kevin Costner's charisma make it work, earning it a solid 7 out of 10 by my standards.
  10. Feb 9, 2015
    I liked the extended cut of this movie not the theatrical one. The extended is more of an R rated version than the PG-13 one. It has a harder edge to it. With that said the script by Adi Hasak is still terrible but this is the best movie McG has directed. Doesn't hurt that he used Luc Besson's crew. The cinematography by Thierry Arbogast, as always, is very good. The movie is fast pacedI liked the extended cut of this movie not the theatrical one. The extended is more of an R rated version than the PG-13 one. It has a harder edge to it. With that said the script by Adi Hasak is still terrible but this is the best movie McG has directed. Doesn't hurt that he used Luc Besson's crew. The cinematography by Thierry Arbogast, as always, is very good. The movie is fast paced and uses great locations in Paris. The cast is a mixed bag. Connie Nielson is completely wasted and Kevin Costner is miscast. The best performances are from Amber Heard and Hailee Steinfeld. Best scene in the movie (extended cut) is courtesy of the hot twins Alizee & Ilyana Delaruelle Expand

1. Reviewed by: Tom Huddleston
    Jun 17, 2014
    Psychologists would doubtless have a field day with the film’s lumpy brew of semi-incestuous paternal angst, midlife machismo, all-American dick-swinging and moderate racism, but we imagine most of them are too busy to waste two hours on this sludge.
  2. Reviewed by: Steve Davis
    Feb 26, 2014
    The central conceit in 3 Days to Kill – the family man moonlighting as a gun-for-hire – is hardly a fresh one. It worked in films released 10 or 20 years ago (see True Lies or Mr. and Mrs. Smith), but here it feels played out, clichéd.
  3. Reviewed by: Amy Nicholson
    Feb 25, 2014
    Of course, the movie doesn't work. But Costner does. No matter now nonsensical and uneven 3 Days to Kill gets, he's miraculously consistent.