7.1

1. j30
    Apr 29, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. 300 is great to look at, but incredibly stupid. Let's not kid ourselves. If you want to watch this testosterone filled, sleazy movie for a whopping 177 minutes (half of it is in Zack Snyder's trademark slow motion bull **** be my guest. I saw it once in IMAX and that was more than enough. I felt uncomfortable for all the women in the audience. Expand
  2. Aug 26, 2011
    Unless you're thirteen, a bloodthirsty warrior, Quentin Tarantino, or have some sort of delusional idea that Persians are 9-foot-tall transvestites, 300 is boring movie.
  3. Feb 19, 2011
    Some of the scenes are impressive which saves this film from a score of "0". Other than that the acting is hilariously bad, the plot is terrible, the characters are all one-dimensional, and the message the film attempts to convey is laughable.
  4. May 21, 2011
    Pretty to look at but too ridiculous to take seriously but not funny in any way shape or form. Its just so bland in every way besides the visuals and lacking any substance what so ever. I can see why people like it if they like style over substance but its surprisingly not badass (the entire reason my friends recommended it to me) and just terrible for people like me who don't put much stock in visuals. Expand
  5. Sep 4, 2013
    A complete disgrace to the actual battle. Nothing about it is historically accurate. Watching this film will kill off your brain cells faster than trying to break through a cement wall with your skull.
  6. Mar 11, 2012
    There is a lack of magnificence, too many battle sequences are overly-bloody, and the depiction of the battle of Thermopylae was a mess. Gladiator is WAY better than 300.
  7. Dec 23, 2011
    A real racist film that demeans a whole culture. This is really a culture war between East and West, Iran and the U.S., given the bad relationship that both countries have with each other. It shows a completely false and negative picture of the Persians, both in terms of their clothes, habits, culture and so on. A false image of a high culture that has given much inspiration to today's western world, from language to philosophy and science. All the cultures of the World Have Both bad and good sides and You Will Never See Anything That is good with Persians in this movie but the actual barbarous Spartans are the angels. Expand
  8. Apr 27, 2014
    I can't stand seeing such a great movie project fails that way. I believe it's stupid to try and make that kind of movies in a matchbox and expect to succeed. Gerard Butler made his best performance in this movie but unfortunately he was unlucky.
  9. Apr 7, 2012
    I'll forgive this film for being so historically inaccurate (after all, this is Hollywood we're talking about.) I won't forgive it, however, for being an utterly boring film that relies on graphics and violence, rather than an engaging plot, to deliver it's punches. Yawn.
  10. May 20, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This horseradish movie! The worst did not see anything! Do not see the **** Look better than the film's AvatarÑ Expand
  11. Nov 9, 2012
    Snyder tries to tell the classic epic battle story with a new vision, but forgets about his characters, and they're as good as cardboard. How the actors all kept straight faces with some of the lines they were asked to deliver, is a mystery of the highest peculiarity.
  12. Aug 31, 2013
    It's too bad. It has nothing to do with the ancient Greek history. It's a very dangerous movie. Don't try to see it. You will waste your money. (I'm talking to those ones who understand what that movie is. It's not good.)
  13. Aug 7, 2013
    it's over imagination movie for 300 killers killing the most powerful state that time persia so i love "meet the spartans" it shows the truth behind "300" and it's very imaginary
  14. Sep 19, 2013
    One of the most racist movies to come out of Hollywood. This movie can take its place among the infamous The Birth Of A Nation, and The Eternal Jew. Snyder admits to being a bigot towards Muslims and biased towards Middle East culture and history.
  15. Jun 8, 2014
    Incredibly overrated non-movie. NOTHING in the movie is realistic and the whole movie is basically one over-drawn battle with ridiculous special affects and awful storyline. Would recommend avoiding, however it does have a large fan base and so surprisingly you may enjoy it. I thought it was awful.
  16. Jul 30, 2014
    "300" is not a classic, that's for sure. Adaptation to an extremely historically inaccurate comic series as it is, you can't expect it to be a documentary about the Persian Wars. There is some commendable passion in otherwise weak performances by its prominent cast, but the film lacks completely in meaning and purpose. It is visually stunning, though, and the most interesting fact is that it actually looks like the comic, making it a superb comic-book adaptation. A poor picture but charming to look at. Expand

1. In epic battle scenes where he combines breathtaking and fluid choreography, gorgeous 3-D drawings and hundreds of visual effects, director Zack Snyder puts onscreen the seemingly impossible heroism and gore of which Homer sang in "The Iliad."
  2. Reviewed by: Todd McCarthy
    A blustery, bombastic, visually arresting account of the Battle of Thermopylae as channeled through the rabid imagination of graphic novelist Frank Miller.
    300 may not offer masterful storytelling in a conventional sense, but it's hard to beat as a spectacle and that makes it worthwhile viewing for all but the most squeamish of potential audience members.