3000 Miles to Graceland

3.7

1. SebastianB.
    Jan 6, 2002
    Not really as bad as the critics say. A very, very sexy Courtney Cox! Watch it more than two times!
  2. BobD.
    Jan 1, 2003
    This movie was f..kin awesome. Great kick ass action sequences and a great soundtrack.
    Jan 1, 2002
    Stupid! A waste of Kurt Russel's talent, to say the least. What were the actors thinking? Time to end a career? This movie is a total waste of time.
  4. PriscillaP.
    Sep 17, 2002
    You know, everybody has just shot this movie down like it never should have been made. What most of yall failed to do was look at it from the producer's mind. The storyline was brilliant - robbing a casino during an Elvis impersonation. This could have happened and mite happen in REAL LIFE..but no one thought about it, cept the producer and for that , yall made it sound like he was a You know, everybody has just shot this movie down like it never should have been made. What most of yall failed to do was look at it from the producer's mind. The storyline was brilliant - robbing a casino during an Elvis impersonation. This could have happened and mite happen in REAL LIFE..but no one thought about it, cept the producer and for that , yall made it sound like he was a paedophille. Common what about all the other sh*ty things that are happening in the US?? Getting back to the movie, the music was surreal, catchy and wild. Kevin & Kurt were just incredible. Its producers like Demian Lichtenstein & Quinten Tarrantino that make movies like Pulp Fiction & 3KM2G worth going to the movies. PS : By the way, Elvis wouldn't have minded one bit. Expand
  5. BobR.
    Jan 10, 2005
    Awesome fun, off the wall movie. I can't see why this go so many negative reviews. Who would have thought Costner would play this part and Cox adds some glitz to a very resonable heist movie.
  6. GeorgeC.
    Aug 22, 2001
    None of the reviews comment on this being a major spoof on video games. The opening gambit makes it pretty clear. Of course a movie can't be as mindlessly violent as video games. Right?
  7. MurphS.
    Oct 22, 2002
    This movie was so awful that it merited entertainment. Every scene managed to make the scene before it look even less ridiculous. The dialogue seemed to mock itself. And one more thing -- Danny Ocean robbed his casino the hard way.
  8. JamesK.
    Jun 1, 2002
    If you watch this movie and keep telling yourself that this could never happen in real life...well you may be right. In that case your watching the movie in the wrong frame of mind...you have to suspend reality...and enjoy it for what is..a fast fun ride.
  9. KillerPhilips
    Jun 8, 2002
    GREAT!!!!!!... One of the best hard cults in the world!!
  10. THill
    Jun 30, 2004
    I really really dig this flick.
  11. JaysonB.
    Apr 8, 2005
    I don't care what the ritics say. It was fun and the actors did okay. I enjoyed it a lot.
  12. RodG.
    Dec 30, 2006
    Great action film. Ice Cube's minor role is unbelievable.
  13. JamesL.
    Dec 30, 2001
    GGGGRRREEAAATTTTT!!!! Wow! Slick, Sharp, sexy, violent and FUNNY! With no release at all in the UK (I can't think why?!) I had to watch this on DVD. I love every minute of it. C'mon, Elvis, Babes and guns? What more could a guy want? Costner and Russell yet again prove that they REAL MOVIE STARS!!!!! God I love this film. WATCH IT NOW! And lap up the comic book wonderfulness of it all.
  14. AndyH.
    Feb 27, 2001
    It's not as bad as everyone is saying. But it's not as good as it should have been. The feeling you get when you leave the theater is that it could have been much, much better. Russell and Costner seem like they're desperately clinging to the "action hero" roles that made them famous. They need to act their age. This is a good matinee movie on a Saturday afternoon. Nothing It's not as bad as everyone is saying. But it's not as good as it should have been. The feeling you get when you leave the theater is that it could have been much, much better. Russell and Costner seem like they're desperately clinging to the "action hero" roles that made them famous. They need to act their age. This is a good matinee movie on a Saturday afternoon. Nothing more, nothing less. Expand
  15. NickN
    Mar 17, 2001
    Despite what everybody else here seems to think, I thought this movie was great! It had great cinematography, good special effects, and a great story... overall, i give this movie a ten!
  16. JerryS.
    Aug 7, 2001
    Who are the ad-wizards that came up with this one?
  17. AneteF.
    Oct 14, 2002
    OSSOM! cool! great! i love it!!!!!
  18. PhineasJ.
    Feb 23, 2002
    This one is worse than Godzilla. But the shooting of the elvis midget and Ice T spinning upside down and shooting dozens of Swat cops is priceless.
  19. PoohBah
    Feb 26, 2002
    My rating of "1" for this movie is soley based on the presence of the stunningly beautiful Courtney Cox in this lousy film. The rest of it is dreck.
  20. MethodMan
    Jul 3, 2002
    Why did this cast decide to do such a loser movie? dont see it.
  21. ShireyB.
    Sep 9, 2002
    Great Movie! Hey, I don't care what the critics are saying either! The movie has got action, a really funky soundtrack that really spices up the action scenes, Courteney Cox is just fantastic, smiles, legs and all the rest. Kurt Russell is priceless too and Kevin Costner is a credible sentimentally pathological psycho! I mean how would you feel if Elvis was YOUR dad? (comments Great Movie! Hey, I don't care what the critics are saying either! The movie has got action, a really funky soundtrack that really spices up the action scenes, Courteney Cox is just fantastic, smiles, legs and all the rest. Kurt Russell is priceless too and Kevin Costner is a credible sentimentally pathological psycho! I mean how would you feel if Elvis was YOUR dad? (comments anyone?) RELAX...and enjoy this film! You have to watch it more than once to do it justice! "If you looking for trouble, you came to to the right place....." Elvis Expand
  22. DaveC.
    Jun 24, 2004
    Utterly senseless and ridicuous. That anybody could like this film just goes to show the kind of world we live in. Courtney Cox is hopelessly inept and Kurt Russel and Kevin Costner don't need tacky Elvis costumes to make themselves look washed out. This is true celluloid excrement.
  23. GuinnessHalloweenchild
    Nov 3, 2001
    Absolute crazy! Every picture is an orgasm of fantasy!!!
  24. MarkS.
    Dec 29, 2002
    Wota lengendary film! proper wix!
  25. Y.K.
    Jun 13, 2002
    Movie was great.
  26. JenniferH.
    Jul 24, 2002
    I give it a 10, because I am a person who like's action and fighting, not like most women who like those boring ass romantic movies and ones that make you cry....no, no I LOVE to see people getting their asses kicked.So I have to give it a ten, and if you dont like this movie, then I dont like you.
  27. HalW.
    Nov 28, 2003
    Great Flick, Very enjoyable. A rollercoaster of a ride from start to finish.
  28. YoonMinC.
    Oct 18, 2003
    It begins with an cyber-age homage to the Wild Bunch with digitalized scorpions dueling it out. With a heist plot commanded by a bunch of Elvis impersonaters it starts out inspired and delirious. And, Kurt Russell is good as usual in his tough and sensitive way. Courtney Cox is very sexy. And, it's good to see Costner play an evil dude instead of the usual tender-as-baby-bottom It begins with an cyber-age homage to the Wild Bunch with digitalized scorpions dueling it out. With a heist plot commanded by a bunch of Elvis impersonaters it starts out inspired and delirious. And, Kurt Russell is good as usual in his tough and sensitive way. Courtney Cox is very sexy. And, it's good to see Costner play an evil dude instead of the usual tender-as-baby-bottom roles, and he's very effective as a coldhearted thug, a man who kills as flamboyantly as Elvis sang and danced. Yet, what the movie lacks is the passion of great crime films like the Wild Bunch or Scarface, films which may be immoral but have the bloody conviction to make us exult in our baser instincts. Instead, it's goes into childish, stupid mode, celebrating violence in the style of dumb mtv videos, spewing plot twists like diarrhea, and wallowing in pointless and ugly meanspiritedness that serve no reason than to encourage Gorsolovian morons to guffaw and snort at the sight of helpless old men get shot or beaten to death. At the very least Pulp Fiction had style and wit; this stupid exercise in imbecility and retardedness has nothing badass about it. It's a stupidass movie for stupidasses. Collapse
  29. RichF.
    Dec 16, 2003
    Excellent!! True Romance meets Heat. Original, funny, sexy, & action packed. Costner & Russell are superb. Don't belive the monkeys that rated it low, they should stick to judging vegetables!
  30. TarahD
    Aug 14, 2007
    GREAT GREAT GREAT FREAKING MOVIE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I've watched over in over again in my home, and saw it twice in theaters - Blow the hell outta any thing that moves, Steal the cash, and Get the Girl - what more could you ask for?
  31. OtisH.
    Dec 26, 2001
    A total waste of shrapnel. Courteney Cox looks better on Friends, and has better dialogue there. Costner must be desperate to make this, even though it is his most expressive roll. Kurt should have stayed home with Goldie and the kids. Don't these people make enough money to turn down a crappy script like this?!!!!
  32. RenéH.
    Nov 18, 2002
    The Film was cold ass Ice-Cream! Love it !
  33. KM.
    Nov 23, 2002
    Absolutely fantastic movie. It was action packed thriller sitting on the edge of your seat to see what happened next. Forget what the movie critics say-there stupid anyway, and don't know what they are talking about. One good movie.
  34. Nov 26, 2011
    Not that bad and I actually enjoyed it quite a bit. Solid acting and good action through out. Its entertaining, interesting, and well worth the watch.
  35. Nov 1, 2013
    I have not yet been disappointed by a movie nearly so strongly as this stinker. The main plot I don’t need to give away—chances are all readers know this is (ostensibly) an Elvis-themed movie—but I will say it’s incredibly predictable. The characters are remarkably unsympathetic and very flat. A relatively interesting subplot goes nowhere. The scorpion fight that eats up the first twoI have not yet been disappointed by a movie nearly so strongly as this stinker. The main plot I don’t need to give away—chances are all readers know this is (ostensibly) an Elvis-themed movie—but I will say it’s incredibly predictable. The characters are remarkably unsympathetic and very flat. A relatively interesting subplot goes nowhere. The scorpion fight that eats up the first two minutes—WTF?!?! I would give this 0, but the casino robbery itself, I grudgingly concede, is quite well done.

All the equipment that went into making this crap should be buried in the Nevada desert, 3000 miles underground, in a box labelled "CONTAGIOUS: DO NOT TOUCH".
  36. Sep 8, 2014
    Tedious, clichêd, and unnecessarily violent, "3000 Miles to Graceland" is the cinematic proof that movies with an outstanding cast can suck massive balls.
  37. Mar 22, 2016
    Demian Lichtenstein's "3,000 Miles to Graceland" is a hybrid: it combines plot elements of "Ocean's 11" and "Honeymoon in Vegas" and lumps in the entertainment value of, oh, "Roustabout" or maybe "Blue Hawaii." This bloated spectacle has all the get-up-and-go of one of the legendary late-era Elvis Presley concerts. The picture feels longer than Presley's career and as irrelevant as he wasDemian Lichtenstein's "3,000 Miles to Graceland" is a hybrid: it combines plot elements of "Ocean's 11" and "Honeymoon in Vegas" and lumps in the entertainment value of, oh, "Roustabout" or maybe "Blue Hawaii." This bloated spectacle has all the get-up-and-go of one of the legendary late-era Elvis Presley concerts. The picture feels longer than Presley's career and as irrelevant as he was by the end.

Kurt Russell shows that there's very little rust on his Elvis Presley impersonation, the one that put him back on the map more than 20 years ago in John Carpenter's television biopic "Elvis." Mr. Russell's Elvis imitations are the few crumbs of fun that he and the audience get. He plays Michael, fresh out of prison and looking slightly over the hill, who joins a gang led by his old friend Murphy (Kevin Costner) in knocking over the casino of the Riviera Hotel in Las Vegas.

Michael, Murphy and the boys (the gang includes Christian Slater, David Arquette and Bokeem Woodbine) hit the streets of Vegas wearing the high-collar, big-belted jumpsuits that fit the King like a sausage casing, blending in with a bunch of other Elvis impersonators during International Elvis Week, though even under normal circumstances their garish outfits wouldn't stand out there. (Mr. Woodbine, in a mustard-yellow outfit and a slapdash wig, gets the biggest laugh.)

In case you can't figure out that these guys are going to turn against one another, a pair of computer-animated scorpions, gleaming like the chrome on Michael's arrest-me-red '59 Cadillac, attack each other during the opening credits. Soon, Michael and Murphy are the last men standing, gearing up for a clash of the polyester-clad titans.

Caught in the middle of their war are the scheming Cybil (Courteney Cox) and her larcenous little boy, Jesse (David Kaye), who conveniently has the name of Presley's twin brother, dead at birth. Wait, there are more Elvis tie-ins; Murphy is obsessed with the King, proudly wearing a pair of late-era Presley mutton-chop sideburns (though by now Mr. Costner is so craggy that he looks like a member of a Nascar pit crew), and several people in the film believe they may be illegitimate Presley offspring.

Their claims of rock 'n' roll parenthood are probably about as worthless as this film, which has long stretches of scenes as arid and flat as the Nevada badlands. The cinematographer, David Franco, does a slick job, providing the picture with hot desert-rat lighting. "Graceland" plays on the interest Presley still generates. (Apparently people are naming their children after him, poor kids.) The Elvi swagger through the waist-deep shag of the casino as if they have a new lease on life. Mr. Costner even seems to have developed a pair of hips for the first time in his career.

Mostly, though, "Graceland" is an idea whose time has come and gone. It feels like an officially sanctioned guerrilla operation; all the Elvi need are corporate sponsor patches on the capes of their costumes.

Mr. Costner takes some joy in snarling his way through the film. It's a pleasure to see him relieved of his earnestness, though not enough of a pleasure.

The wall-to-wall violence won't satisfy fans of high-caliber shootouts, though the most practiced filmmaker at these sequences, the Hong Kong action director John Woo, may wonder what's left for him to do, since his bag of slow-motion tricks has been so thoroughly plundered there's not even a lining left in that satchel anymore.

There's no end to the dumb jokes. Paul Anka is the Riviera's dyspeptic head of security who complains about the Presley mystique. And "Graceland" climaxes with Presley's version of "My Way," which Mr. Anka wrote, as Murphy makes the grand exit that eluded Elvis.

Thomas Haden Church and Kevin Pollak play a pair of bored wise-guy F.B.I. agents tracking the robbers, and their cynicism wears well. After being brought up to speed on the robbers' backgrounds, Mr. Church says, "I couldn't make this up." Apparently the writers of "3,000 Miles to Graceland," Mr. Lichtenstein and Richard Recco, couldn't do a very good job of it, either. Fortunately, as they used to say at Presley shows, there will be no encores.

Here's a movie without an ounce of human kindness, a sour and mean-spirited enterprise so desperate to please, it tries to be a yukky comedy and a hard-boiled action picture at the same time.
  2. Wall Street Journal
    Reviewed by: Joe Morgenstern
    Nothing but miscalculation from clumsy start to chaotic finish, an action thriller with a cynical, shriveled soul.
    The end result is overkill en extremis. There is such a thing as too much. And 3KMTG is much too much.