4 Months, 3 Weeks and 2 Days

7.9

1. johns
    Jan 1, 2010
    How did this movie get such high reviews? I love foreign, art house, film noir but I just found this incredibly boring, slow and pretty slim on plot and dialogue. I just could not figure how many of the scenes even added to the overall theme, experience or anything. But glad the people who loved it loved it.
  2. Szalazar
    Jan 26, 2008
    this movie is a drag, a slow, depressing movie that is surprisingly average for the reviews it has been getting. The only reason its been rated so high is because it deals with abortion and thats a politically hot topic right now. I am a fan of these kind of subtitled foreign art movies, but 4 Months is not that amazing of a movie. Well made, but thats about it.
  3. AdrianP.
    Apr 15, 2008
    Clearly, the reason that this film has such a high score from the critics is that it is a film made to entrance, to shock,and addressed directly to the liberal self reproach of the west world, and from the users because it receives massive votes from the Romanians, who are in a state that says every success outside the borders will uplift the image of our country. The film was very good Clearly, the reason that this film has such a high score from the critics is that it is a film made to entrance, to shock,and addressed directly to the liberal self reproach of the west world, and from the users because it receives massive votes from the Romanians, who are in a state that says every success outside the borders will uplift the image of our country. The film was very good technically, but if you analyze it a little bit it has NOTHING in stake, no ethical weight, no character deep study(mr. Bebe only seems real because he talks real but his actions are completely cartoonish and unmotivated) , and the girls are so common, so devoid of any ethical sense that i struggle to care for any of them. Plus, it?s more likely a short or a medium length movie, made a feature film by some pointless scenes. Expand
  4. MikeH
    Aug 5, 2009
    After having seen the rave reviews on Metacritic I decided to buy this film. Honestly, I'm at a loss as to what all the fuss is about! It seemed like the film never really got going, I couldn't connect with it, and, as other people have said, not a great deal happens. Though not the worst film I've seen by a long-shot, disappointment was my main feeling, that and waiting After having seen the rave reviews on Metacritic I decided to buy this film. Honestly, I'm at a loss as to what all the fuss is about! It seemed like the film never really got going, I couldn't connect with it, and, as other people have said, not a great deal happens. Though not the worst film I've seen by a long-shot, disappointment was my main feeling, that and waiting for it to end... Expand
  5. FionaB.
    Nov 12, 2008
    Exceptional acting and as a viewer you experience the emotions of the actors but not what I would call a "thriller".
  6. MikeD.
    Oct 22, 2008
    Bill B. nailed it right on the head. Story is interesting but lacks a driving plotline. I expected a lot more given all the glowing reviews on metacritic.
  7. Jan 10, 2011
    Not a bad movie but by no means worthy of all it's praise. A woman gets an illegal abortion, end. Yet another instance where a taboo subject matter is confused for a compelling story.
  8. DavidB.
    Feb 12, 2008
    It was good, but I felt unsatisfied when it ended. I think it lacked a clear theme or message so am quite surprised to see it receiving a higher accolade than other superb foreign language films, such as The Lives of Others.
  9. FelixK.
    Mar 3, 2008
    Well-made, but it's correct that the Academy didn't give it a "foreign language movie" nominee !!!
  10. MI
    Jan 18, 2008
    In the end, this is an average movie, where not much (i.e. enough) happens. The story is mostly carried forward with constant and inane dialogue. A large portion of the conversations seem improvised. In the end this is a prototype of a movie that the critics love, but the average movie goer will remain ambivalent and indefferent over. Nevertheless, slow pacing and historically appropriate In the end, this is an average movie, where not much (i.e. enough) happens. The story is mostly carried forward with constant and inane dialogue. A large portion of the conversations seem improvised. In the end this is a prototype of a movie that the critics love, but the average movie goer will remain ambivalent and indefferent over. Nevertheless, slow pacing and historically appropriate milieu do set a realistic and touching mood. Expand
  11. ShaunB
    Jan 31, 2008
    Clearly overrated. In essence, this is a very well executed after school special. Proof that critics are often lemming like, and the French often confuse bleakness for art.
  12. glenf
    Feb 21, 2008
    Juno was a much funnier pregnant-girl movie. I like movies. In France it's called cinema, why is that different.
  13. NickG
    Aug 18, 2009
    Not as great as it is rated, but watchable. Has some completely out of place grotesque violence. I didn't borrow this to see excessive violence (and neither would most people). You don't have to ruin what could have been a more beautiful movie with a guys face been stabbed to nothing with a glass bottle. Poor judgment.
  14. AilbheS.
    Nov 23, 2008
    the depiction of a young woman having an abortion in soviet russia is a highly unusual and intriguing theme. the acting throughout the film is very well done although i still could not connect with this film, i found it quite boring at times and i think something much more could be made out of it. it seems any films with the "a" word in them receive very high acclaim and i am worried that the depiction of a young woman having an abortion in soviet russia is a highly unusual and intriguing theme. the acting throughout the film is very well done although i still could not connect with this film, i found it quite boring at times and i think something much more could be made out of it. it seems any films with the "a" word in them receive very high acclaim and i am worried that people are trying to be so politically correct that they feel they must give in and give films like this so much notoriety. over all impression is one of disappointment. Expand
  15. LanaS.
    Feb 14, 2008
    I went to this film expecting a masterpiece; I left the theater without such an experience. In short, the film drags at times, and definitely overrated in the emotions evoked to the audience. Excellent acting.
  16. AdyG.
    Oct 12, 2009
    Superbly performed gritty tale - but I learnt nothing from it, it was simply harrowing for its own sake, and didn't preoccupy my mind for long after its viewing. This film has very little to say.

It is filmmaking as it should be but usually isn't.
  2. This year’s foreign language Oscar scandal – there is always at least one – is the snub of director Cristian Mungiu’s disturbing, masterful realist drama following two college roommates as they carry out plans for one’s black market abortion in Communist Romania.
  3. Reviewed by: Ken Fox
    The film is bold stroke that hopes to push Romanian society forward by staring into the dismal failures of its recent past.