8.6

1. JulieP.
    Oct 3, 2006
    A fascinating insight into lives, dreams and ambitions. I look forward to each episode the way I'd look forward to catching up with old friends. I think about them, worry about them and rejoice in their achievements. A superb series!
  2. DanC.
    Sep 18, 2005
    The latest installment of an amazing series is also the best. It's worth seeing all five previous films before this one (all are avialable on video). This is some of the most compelling documentary work I have ever seen. I was literally depressed for days when I realized that one of the most interesting subjects refused to be in this edition; this series makes you care that much The latest installment of an amazing series is also the best. It's worth seeing all five previous films before this one (all are avialable on video). This is some of the most compelling documentary work I have ever seen. I was literally depressed for days when I realized that one of the most interesting subjects refused to be in this edition; this series makes you care that much about the people whose lives it reveals. Expand
  3. IvanL.
    Hypnotizing!
  5. SusieK.
    May 2, 2001
    The best in documentary.

42 Up is filled with truth and poignancy as these people reflect on their first half of their lives, their goals, ambitions, and how they, for the most part, succeeded in reinventing them.
  2. This is an amazing record of a group of lives -- and probably more resonant than anyone could have imagined when the project began.
  3. A living artifact that does what movies do best: exist in time.