1.7

Overwhelming dislike- based on 34 Ratings

1. May 24, 2014
    This movie is THE TRUTH, guys! Renny Harlin is THE PROPHET of the GLORIOUS WESTERN CIVILIZATION! You can't underestimate the RUSSIAN MENACE, because they are planning right now the TAKEOVER and CONQUEST of Ukraine AND SUBSEQUENTLY ALL THE OTHER EASTERN EUROPEAN COUNTRIES!!! In less than 10 years RUSSIAN EVIL HOMOPHOBES will send their war planes to conquer AMERICA, and only Renny Harlin, the great Finnish visionary, could predict it!

Russians are indeed every bit as evil as this movie show, I can say that because I've lived in Russia for 3 months and during that time I had my TV STOLEN 3 TIMES, I WAS MUGGED 4 TIMES AND RAPED BY A MUSCULAR BOXER 2 TIMES!!! Russia is a horrible place, it's like a Mordor to our Gondor, and we must DESTROY RUSSIA!!! SEND THE DRONES OBAMA!!! SAVE US FROM THE EVIL LORD PUTIN!!!

p.s. sorry that i rated this movie 0 i wanted to rate it 10 but i have brain damage from mugging a russian boxer hit me in the head and now i'm on breathing support and i can't think straight and i dont know how to change rating sorry please forgive me
  2. Mar 8, 2014
    This movie is just horrible.
    Whatever they were trying to do, it didn't work. I didn't know what to expect from it when I basically stumbled across it. The first few minutes appear to be the attempt to make a movie about war news reporters.
    And then it turns into an utterly stupid and cheap attempt to create a "good guy vs. bad guy" scenario with your typical action scenes that don't
    work anymore including "cool guys don't look at explosions" stupidity.

Basically it's got the quality of Delta Force but the sad thing is that it was made in 2011
  3. Aug 6, 2013
    I know some people from the region that this movie is about. Well they say it's really f.. up movie, lots of lies and propaganda. P.s movie is crap couldn't make myself finish watching it.
  4. Apr 21, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. "The first casualty of war is truth." Apparently so. It seems ironic that a movie with this as its opening statement would be so biased. Both Russia and Georgia committed war crimes on each other's citizens, make no mistake there. However if you, as the viewer really want to know the 'truth' please do yourself a favour and don't watch this one sided 'war' movie. It was declared by a European commission after the 2008 war that it was Georgia who started the war and there is actual REAL footage of Georgians firing on unarmed civilians using grad artillery launchers on the night of the 7th-8th of August. Apparently the producers decided that the Russian Federation is such a great Hollywood villain that Russia is portrayed as the old Cold War enemy (soviets) much like they were in the movie Charley Wilsons war. The Russians go about killing innocent civilians throughout the movie. Anyways, portraying the army of the Russian Federation as a bunch of rebels with their unsanctioned uniforms of balaclavas and Ak-47s really didn't do it for me. Never did you see the Russians in their standard issue military kit but rather looking like a bunch of rebel separatists, with the occasional officer in their full uniform of a Russian Federation officer. As I stated in the beginning there is so much wrong in this movie, almost all of the action scenes are not authentic of how the Russian Federations military doctrine works. Do a bit of research after this movie and ask yourself the question: "Why was this movie shown solely out of a Georgian perspective, and why was there no real video footage shown that the reporters supposedly caught on film about Russian atrocities?" Also the ending real life scene of the Georgian villagers (citizens) who lost loved one, is still showing the biased view of the war. The producers should also have shown the South Ossetia citizens who lost their loved ones to Georgian solders who murdered them. The true casualty of this movie is that you can't tell the world a one sided story about a war and label it as the truth. Rather tell the 'true' story from both the perspective of the Russians and the Georgians. The truth is out there people, think for yourselves and don't act like sheep. Hollywood is not reality but rather fiction, this '5 day war' movie being the latter. Expand
  5. Feb 2, 2012
    The most biased film ever produced. Inspired by real events? I don't think so. This movie is very misleading from the real truth. If you want facts just visit wikipedia rather than this film.

1. Reviewed by: Marjorie Baumgarten
    Sep 8, 2011
    Most unforgivable, however, is the film's coda in which real Georgian victims pose for the camera with pictures of their loved ones lost in the five days of war. Using real people to impart the emotions that the entire film was unable to evince is simply cheap exploitation.
  2. Reviewed by: Ben Sachs
    Sep 1, 2011
    It almost goes without saying that Harlin is the wrong man to direct a docudrama about the Russia-Georgian conflict of 2008, which displaced tens of thousands of people and left hundreds of others dead. Lacking political insight or sympathy for real people (as opposed to action-movie types), Harlin can offer little more than tasteless spectacle.
  3. Reviewed by: Roger Ebert
    Aug 31, 2011
    None of the action is coherent; shots and shells are fired, people and killed or not, explosions rend the air, SUVs spin aloft (the same one more than once, I think), and there is no sense of strategy.