50 First Dates

6.5

1. Aug 25, 2015
    50 First Dates is not a normal Sandler's movie. It has fewer stupid jokes and more heart-breaking moments and an ending that worth every tear. Although it has some plot problems, this film still contains a funny and "I've just cut onions" type of ending.
  2. Aug 28, 2014
    Just about Adam Sandler's only film worth your time. 50 First Dates features moments of truly touching sentiment with minimal hints of Sandler's annoying-self.
  3. Aug 27, 2013
    Not Adam Sandlers worst movie ever but still below average and easily forgettable. For once Rob Schneider made me laugh (the impossible has been done)! But it was only because of how fat his wife was and how many kids they had. 50 First Dates is a very mediocre movie which most will not enjoy even if the ending is pretty good.
  4. Nov 28, 2012
    Although it takes a fairly laughable logline and turns it into a legitimate story, "50 First Dates" does suffer from only moderately funny humor in the end.
  5. Jan 22, 2012
    Eh it was ok at first but it gets rather corny, sappy, and generic. It fits the norm of other Sandler films so if you like his other work then you will like this. It was ok but I wouldnt watch it again.
  6. Jan 9, 2011
    I think this is another movie you either love or hate. Its a feel good movie that makes you wonder what youd do for someone you love. How far would you go? Some parts go extreme but thats what I love about these kind of movies. The cast acts well and the parts they play have me laughing and wanting it to go on and I think its a well acted and good addition to the comedy/romance genre.
  7. Zybard
    Aug 1, 2004
    I enjoyed Sandler and Schneider's crude remarks about male genitals...oh wait. I just turned 16. Sorry, I'm to mature for this.
  8. ChadS.
    Jun 3, 2004
    You'll want to see this story told by a different creative team, because even though Team Sandler fritter away this attractive premise, "50 First Dates" is sporadically intriguing nonetheless. Drew Barrymore gives this puerile movie a lot of levity. She's better than vomit. Rob Schneider's depiction of a native Hawaiian can be frightening, even if you're not a You'll want to see this story told by a different creative team, because even though Team Sandler fritter away this attractive premise, "50 First Dates" is sporadically intriguing nonetheless. Drew Barrymore gives this puerile movie a lot of levity. She's better than vomit. Rob Schneider's depiction of a native Hawaiian can be frightening, even if you're not a full-time subscriber of political correctness. You can be offensive and still be funny(Sara Silverman comes to mind), but Rob Schneider is not, so it's just outright offensive. Expand
  9. RebeccaF.
    Feb 26, 2004
    This movie was cute, but less than memerable.
  10. KrisS.
    Feb 19, 2004
    This is a perfect feel good rental. If you like Drew Barrymore, you'll enjoy just watching her talent on screen again. Although it isn't really anything new and different, it is entertaining and the payoff is the ending, which made me cry!
  11. AmberM.
    Feb 11, 2004
    So this is the second bad movie set in Hawaii to be released in the last couple of weeks. (see "Big Bounce") I love Hawaii, but why do all the crappy screenplays have to be set there? Because the writing itself is so godawful, I suppose it needs a little support from the setting. The movie means well, the plot is clever, and and the acting is by and large pretty good (Sean Astin is So this is the second bad movie set in Hawaii to be released in the last couple of weeks. (see "Big Bounce") I love Hawaii, but why do all the crappy screenplays have to be set there? Because the writing itself is so godawful, I suppose it needs a little support from the setting. The movie means well, the plot is clever, and and the acting is by and large pretty good (Sean Astin is hilarious - but is this what a hobbit does when he loses the weird-looking feet?), but so many scenes end with an awkward swing-and-miss THUD that you wonder if the writer wasn't beamed back by the Mars lander. Absolutely no sense of comic timing. And although Rob Schneider was great, I have a feeling that Hawaiians aren't going to be too happy with his character. (And people thought that "Lost and Translation" was racist!) This sucker pulls out every bad pacific islander stereotype in the book. I felt a little embarrassed for him. The bottom line is that if you like "Wedding Singer", you'll still like the chemistry between Sandler and Barrymore. You'll just wish it came in a better movie. Expand

1. As a comedy, 50 First Dates is standard Sandler, but as a love story it left me pleasantly buzzed, if not quite punch-drunk.
    Oscillating gracelessly between the coarse and the merely saccharine, 50 First Dates, directed with zero visual or comedic flair by Peter Segal (Anger Management, Tommy Boy), showcases Sandler's cuddlier side as it reprises the tepid chemistry that he and Barrymore road-tested in "The Wedding Singer."
    The movie's sole selling point turns out to be its sweetness. Sandler, Segal and writer George Wing obviously like all of the characters despite the constant ribbing, and Sandler and Barrymore are as cuddly as a pair of love-struck walruses. But only a sucker would get too close.