50 First Dates

6.6

1. Aug 29, 2015
    50 first dates is a good romantic comedy with some very sweet moments between Barrymore and sandler due to their outrageously good chemistry the film is also pretty funny at times my only issue is that despite having an original concept in delves into formula and rob Schneider's character was a dickhead and not funny.
  2. Jan 28, 2015
    This movie is not the best of Adam Sandler, it needs work. Its a little sad, boring, and stupid. But, it has a nice plot, and some parts are funny .
  3. Aug 20, 2014
    I had high expectations for this movie.Unfortunately,the movie was not has funny has i expected.But the performances were actually pretty good and the movie has his laughs.
  4. Mar 1, 2014
    See Sandler? When you show us your warm side, we can laugh at you. You don't always have to fill the screen with gross-out humor. I wish you'd make more of these.
  5. Sep 17, 2013
    This film is heart-warming, even though every time I watch it I cry, it has very sad moments and very happy moments. You know a film is good when it takes you on an emotional journey just like the characters in the film. Highly recommended
  6. Jul 16, 2013
    I love this movie- it is hilarious, heart warming, romantic and above all: entertaining. I just love these Adam Sandler romantic comedies. And this film is a classic, it has me laughing harder every time I see it.
  7. Jun 27, 2013
    This is one of those great relaxing movies that is just full of charm and wit. Very entertaining with a premise that is unique than the majority of romantic comedies.
  8. Mar 24, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. A funny and creative film that didn't have as much 'just plain stupid' characteristics as other Adam Sandler films like "Big Daddy" or "Grown Ups". Drew Barrymore did a great job playing Lucy, as did Sean Astin as her steroid-abusing brother. Expand
  9. Nov 8, 2012
    Though it may lack originality, 50 First Dates is consistently funny, and at times, heartwarming.
  10. Jul 31, 2012
    I was particularly put off by the beginning - the jokes were more or less unfunny - so I was almost put off from watching the whole film. The jokes began to get funnier and I felt kind of at ease because it was less about slapstick and more about what was going on. Adam Sandler has that unique humour where you either like it or hate it. I think the film was slightly messy in itsI was particularly put off by the beginning - the jokes were more or less unfunny - so I was almost put off from watching the whole film. The jokes began to get funnier and I felt kind of at ease because it was less about slapstick and more about what was going on. Adam Sandler has that unique humour where you either like it or hate it. I think the film was slightly messy in its construction, certain pieces were skipped to and the conclusion was a bit rushed. It lacked depth because of its limited explanation - although it helped to replay events that had previously happened. That doesn't make it a bad film though, because sometimes romantic comedies are just meant to be enjoyed, and this example of a medical condition in a beautiful romantic environment is refreshingly original. Expand
  11. May 17, 2012
    Hilarious and romantic, Adam Sandler at his best, starts off slow but then ramps up to be not only a totally funny movie, but also a sweet and touching one. This makes it into my top 3 favorite Sandler movies of all time. If you haven't watched it I highly recommend that you do.
  12. Apr 3, 2012
    A very good Adam Sandler film. Some of the scenes in the resturant are absolutelyy hilarious. Story doesn't make sense but who cares. It comes across as an enjoyable film that is very funny.
  13. Oct 6, 2011
    I love this movie. It is not my favorite but I like it. My favorite movie is Abduction! Having read some of the bad reviews you can just tell that they are just thinking about themselves way to much. If you go to the Abduction page I wrote about how people alway think about them selves and not how it might affend others. I hate that about others. Be possitive you know. Well anyway I doI love this movie. It is not my favorite but I like it. My favorite movie is Abduction! Having read some of the bad reviews you can just tell that they are just thinking about themselves way to much. If you go to the Abduction page I wrote about how people alway think about them selves and not how it might affend others. I hate that about others. Be possitive you know. Well anyway I do love this movie. It is not a ten but it is a eight. Haha. Lol. Ok. Well I better go. Expand
  14. Jul 3, 2011
    I actually enjoyed this movie quite a lot. Adam and Drew have a really good chemistry going and the movie had me laughing on several occassions. Definitely worth a watch.
  15. May 11, 2011
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Better than expected, this movie delivers an good premise and some decent acting. The movie most impressed me by not resorting to the expected cliche ending. Which might be why it has some unfavorable reviews. Expand
  16. Sep 22, 2010
    Surprisingly it manages to be a cute and funny romantic comedy.
    I would recommend this movie. Not Adam Sandlers best but still funny. If you're looking for Billy Madison or Happy Gilmore then this is ot even close to them. It is a more mature movie.
  17. AshleyP.
    Oct 11, 2007
    This movie is the bomb. i love this movie. it is so awesome how he continually tries to win her heart everyday. if a guy did that for me i would definetly give him a shot. i think this movie definetly should be watched by everyone. if you dont like this movie then you have no taste in movies what so ever. peace homedogs
  18. tensecondTom
    Aug 4, 2007
    I usually hate these chick flick hollywood films but this one is sweet,funny and well acted.Ok not a classic but enjoyable. I usually hate these chick flick hollywood but... He..He.
  19. WillardJ.
    Jan 27, 2007
    I liked it ok. It was pretty funny.
  20. WhitG.
    Dec 26, 2006
    If you want to spot the pretentious snob reviewers (professional and amateur) who take themselves and life too seriously, then look for anyone who rated this movie less than a 60 or 6. Only a limited and narrow mind would dismiss this movie because of its occasionally crude humor. Overall it delivers lots of laughs, an Inventive premise and very little cheese, which is unusual for a PG-13 If you want to spot the pretentious snob reviewers (professional and amateur) who take themselves and life too seriously, then look for anyone who rated this movie less than a 60 or 6. Only a limited and narrow mind would dismiss this movie because of its occasionally crude humor. Overall it delivers lots of laughs, an Inventive premise and very little cheese, which is unusual for a PG-13 romantic comedy. One of Sandler's better efforts, right up there with Happy Gilmore and The Wedding Singer. Expand
  21. ElizabethC.
    Dec 20, 2006
    By Far Sandler's Best!!!!
  22. JosephZ
    Oct 18, 2006
    One of my favorite movies. Having read some of the negative reviews, it is clear that the critics responsible for those reviews take themselves way too seriously. Unfortunately, they don't have the intelligence to pull it off. Enjoy the movie.
  23. CharlieG.
    Jun 4, 2006
    Not a great movie, but a hilarious one with heart too - just what a romantic comedy is supposed to be. The movie engages the viewer and holds on until the end. It keeps the jokes coming consistently throughout and unlike other Sandler movies the plot doesn't suffer from excessive cheesiness. By the way, it's better than Groundhog Day.
  24. Noemy
    Jan 21, 2006
    Very funny and has a nice love story to it.
  25. JackieR.
    Jul 7, 2005
    Of course the chemistry between Adam Sandler and Drew Barrymore was fabulous. The plot, while a little far-fetched, was unique and fun. Rob Schneider wasn't offensive to Hawaiians, had he played his own ethnicity would you have thought him offensive to them? He is not trying to portray all Hawaiians, only his character, who happens to be the way he is. It was a funny movie. What did Of course the chemistry between Adam Sandler and Drew Barrymore was fabulous. The plot, while a little far-fetched, was unique and fun. Rob Schneider wasn't offensive to Hawaiians, had he played his own ethnicity would you have thought him offensive to them? He is not trying to portray all Hawaiians, only his character, who happens to be the way he is. It was a funny movie. What did you expect from an Adam Sandler movie? You're supposed to approach them light-hearted and open-minded. Who cares that the humor was slightly crude at some times? It certainly made me laugh. It really is a good movie, and if you're going to be all serious about it then you should go see a serious movie with no humor or crazy plotlines. Expand
  26. EverettK
    Jun 17, 2005
    Funny, quirky, sincere. A great movie once you give yourself over to the story. I was prepared to bored, but it won me over. Several laugh out loud moments and some very romantic ones that manage to be sweet without being overdone.
  27. DanielleB
    Jul 28, 2004
    Very funny.
  28. CynthiaT.
    Jul 14, 2004
    This movie was very hilarious. what i really liked about it was that it had a true ending. not a crappy disney ending where everything is happily ever after. i would recommend it 2 mostly girls or couples that just started going out.
  29. NicoleT.
    Jul 4, 2004
    This movie was funny, and sad. I love Adam Sandler, and Drew Barrymore. This movie was perfect!!!
  30. Kelly
    Jun 25, 2004
    A good movie with a lot of laughs. I love the original plot and Adam Sandler's great singing!!!

1. As a comedy, 50 First Dates is standard Sandler, but as a love story it left me pleasantly buzzed, if not quite punch-drunk.
    Oscillating gracelessly between the coarse and the merely saccharine, 50 First Dates, directed with zero visual or comedic flair by Peter Segal (Anger Management, Tommy Boy), showcases Sandler's cuddlier side as it reprises the tepid chemistry that he and Barrymore road-tested in "The Wedding Singer."
    The movie's sole selling point turns out to be its sweetness. Sandler, Segal and writer George Wing obviously like all of the characters despite the constant ribbing, and Sandler and Barrymore are as cuddly as a pair of love-struck walruses. But only a sucker would get too close.