50 First Dates

6.6

1. May 17, 2012
    Hilarious and romantic, Adam Sandler at his best, starts off slow but then ramps up to be not only a totally funny movie, but also a sweet and touching one. This makes it into my top 3 favorite Sandler movies of all time. If you haven't watched it I highly recommend that you do.
  2. Apr 3, 2012
    A very good Adam Sandler film. Some of the scenes in the resturant are absolutelyy hilarious. Story doesn't make sense but who cares. It comes across as an enjoyable film that is very funny.
  3. Nov 8, 2012
    Though it may lack originality, 50 First Dates is consistently funny, and at times, heartwarming.
  4. Jun 27, 2013
    This is one of those great relaxing movies that is just full of charm and wit. Very entertaining with a premise that is unique than the majority of romantic comedies.
  5. Aug 20, 2014
    I had high expectations for this movie.Unfortunately,the movie was not has funny has i expected.But the performances were actually pretty good and the movie has his laughs.
  6. Aug 29, 2015
    50 first dates is a good romantic comedy with some very sweet moments between Barrymore and sandler due to their outrageously good chemistry the film is also pretty funny at times my only issue is that despite having an original concept in delves into formula and rob Schneider's character was a dickhead and not funny.
  7. Mar 24, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. A funny and creative film that didn't have as much 'just plain stupid' characteristics as other Adam Sandler films like "Big Daddy" or "Grown Ups". Drew Barrymore did a great job playing Lucy, as did Sean Astin as her steroid-abusing brother. Expand
  8. Jul 31, 2012
    I was particularly put off by the beginning - the jokes were more or less unfunny - so I was almost put off from watching the whole film. The jokes began to get funnier and I felt kind of at ease because it was less about slapstick and more about what was going on. Adam Sandler has that unique humour where you either like it or hate it. I think the film was slightly messy in itsI was particularly put off by the beginning - the jokes were more or less unfunny - so I was almost put off from watching the whole film. The jokes began to get funnier and I felt kind of at ease because it was less about slapstick and more about what was going on. Adam Sandler has that unique humour where you either like it or hate it. I think the film was slightly messy in its construction, certain pieces were skipped to and the conclusion was a bit rushed. It lacked depth because of its limited explanation - although it helped to replay events that had previously happened. That doesn't make it a bad film though, because sometimes romantic comedies are just meant to be enjoyed, and this example of a medical condition in a beautiful romantic environment is refreshingly original. Expand
  9. Jul 16, 2013
    I love this movie- it is hilarious, heart warming, romantic and above all: entertaining. I just love these Adam Sandler romantic comedies. And this film is a classic, it has me laughing harder every time I see it.
  10. Jul 3, 2011
    I actually enjoyed this movie quite a lot. Adam and Drew have a really good chemistry going and the movie had me laughing on several occassions. Definitely worth a watch.
  11. May 11, 2011
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Better than expected, this movie delivers an good premise and some decent acting. The movie most impressed me by not resorting to the expected cliche ending. Which might be why it has some unfavorable reviews. Expand
  12. Jan 28, 2015
    This movie is not the best of Adam Sandler, it needs work. Its a little sad, boring, and stupid. But, it has a nice plot, and some parts are funny .
  13. Mar 1, 2014
    See Sandler? When you show us your warm side, we can laugh at you. You don't always have to fill the screen with gross-out humor. I wish you'd make more of these.
  14. Oct 6, 2011
    I love this movie. It is not my favorite but I like it. My favorite movie is Abduction! Having read some of the bad reviews you can just tell that they are just thinking about themselves way to much. If you go to the Abduction page I wrote about how people alway think about them selves and not how it might affend others. I hate that about others. Be possitive you know. Well anyway I doI love this movie. It is not my favorite but I like it. My favorite movie is Abduction! Having read some of the bad reviews you can just tell that they are just thinking about themselves way to much. If you go to the Abduction page I wrote about how people alway think about them selves and not how it might affend others. I hate that about others. Be possitive you know. Well anyway I do love this movie. It is not a ten but it is a eight. Haha. Lol. Ok. Well I better go. Expand
  15. Sep 17, 2013
    This film is heart-warming, even though every time I watch it I cry, it has very sad moments and very happy moments. You know a film is good when it takes you on an emotional journey just like the characters in the film. Highly recommended
  16. Sep 22, 2010
    Surprisingly it manages to be a cute and funny romantic comedy.
    I would recommend this movie. Not Adam Sandlers best but still funny. If you're looking for Billy Madison or Happy Gilmore then this is ot even close to them. It is a more mature movie.
  17. JinC.
    Feb 15, 2004
    A completely amiable movie. it's not rocket science and doesn't try to be. what it is is simple and charming with a really great supporting cast... not just saying that... really really good supporting cast the really helps the movie succeed. yes it's syruppy. yes it's crass. and yes it's offensive - for the ludicrously oversensitive. and a fantastic butA completely amiable movie. it's not rocket science and doesn't try to be. what it is is simple and charming with a really great supporting cast... not just saying that... really really good supporting cast the really helps the movie succeed. yes it's syruppy. yes it's crass. and yes it's offensive - for the ludicrously oversensitive. and a fantastic but inexplicable 80s soundtrack. imo, sandler's frustrated weepings alone make the flick worthwhile. good fun. Expand
  18. DanielleB
    Jul 28, 2004
    Very funny.
  19. NicoleT.
    Jul 4, 2004
    This movie was funny, and sad. I love Adam Sandler, and Drew Barrymore. This movie was perfect!!!
  20. WillardJ.
    Jan 27, 2007
    I liked it ok. It was pretty funny.
  21. tensecondTom
    Aug 4, 2007
    I usually hate these chick flick hollywood films but this one is sweet,funny and well acted.Ok not a classic but enjoyable. I usually hate these chick flick hollywood but... He..He.
  22. TylerS.
    Feb 11, 2004
    It's the best movie i ever saw!!!!
  23. SarahR.
    Feb 15, 2004
    Ok, so this isn't a masterpiece. But who expects that from an Adam Sandler film? So, instead of rating this against most of the other films i go to see, i'm going to compare it to his other movies. I'd rate it third, behind 1. The Wedding Singer and 2. Big Daddy. My Adam-Sandler-Flick expectations were thoroughly satisfied and I really enjoyed this one. The last couple of Ok, so this isn't a masterpiece. But who expects that from an Adam Sandler film? So, instead of rating this against most of the other films i go to see, i'm going to compare it to his other movies. I'd rate it third, behind 1. The Wedding Singer and 2. Big Daddy. My Adam-Sandler-Flick expectations were thoroughly satisfied and I really enjoyed this one. The last couple of ones (Mr. Deeds, Anger Management) have been ok, but not great. 50 first dates was a lot funnier and the relationship between Adam and Drew is a lot sweeter and more believable. If you don't mind crude jokes, and if you don't go in with huge expectations, this film can be really enjoyable. Expand
  24. MichelleB.
    Feb 15, 2004
    I LOVED THIS MOVIE! It really kept me laughing the whole entire time! Rob Schneider was excellent in this movie and even though I'm not much of a Drew Barrymore fan, I really enjoyed her character in this movie! I recommend it to all if you want a good laugh!
  25. SteveS.
    Feb 15, 2004
    Though some of the dialogue is ribald and a couple characters are annoying and/or mildly offensive it is hard to miss that the story is rewarding, touching and loving. Adam Sandler is funny and doesn't overdo it here like in so many other of his films. This is what the BORING Punch Drunk Love should have been. Drew Barrymore (looking better than ever!) is terrific. Rob Schneider was Though some of the dialogue is ribald and a couple characters are annoying and/or mildly offensive it is hard to miss that the story is rewarding, touching and loving. Adam Sandler is funny and doesn't overdo it here like in so many other of his films. This is what the BORING Punch Drunk Love should have been. Drew Barrymore (looking better than ever!) is terrific. Rob Schneider was good for a few good yucks as was Sean Astin. What it all boiled down to was a delightful story of love and compassion, dedication and understanding. If you can't feel a bit choked up or have your heart tugged and warmed by the story you need to check your pulse. Those stating they walked out of this movie probably couldn't even get their own first date. Expand
  26. RobertA.
    Feb 15, 2004
    1.funny 2.funny 3.better then mr. deeds 4.liked it.
  27. LawrenceR.
    Feb 16, 2004
    Expected so little from Sandler, but Drew has so much charm that even he couldn't trash this movie. Do I hear a Hepburn/Tracey comparison coming on? Well Adam, I knew Tracey, I saw his films and you are no Mr. Tracey!
  28. KateT.
    Feb 18, 2004
    My husband and I really enjoyed this movie. I am very surprised to see such a low metascore. It was funny, cute, and utterly enjoyable to watch. At under 2 hours, it was the right length for a non-serious movie. All in all, a great date flick!
  29. PeterD.
    Feb 19, 2004
    First of all, i thought this movie was hilarious, and to those of u who cant stand the "potty humor" you shoulda known it would be in this movie since it stars adam sandler, and its not offensive, its funny, this movie was probably geared towards todays generatain anways, not yesterdays.......=)
  30. MaxB.&AlexJ.
    Mar 3, 2004
    Funny but sandler continues to get less funny and worse in each of his movies. Seann Astin was hilarious though.

1. As a comedy, 50 First Dates is standard Sandler, but as a love story it left me pleasantly buzzed, if not quite punch-drunk.
    Oscillating gracelessly between the coarse and the merely saccharine, 50 First Dates, directed with zero visual or comedic flair by Peter Segal (Anger Management, Tommy Boy), showcases Sandler's cuddlier side as it reprises the tepid chemistry that he and Barrymore road-tested in "The Wedding Singer."
    The movie's sole selling point turns out to be its sweetness. Sandler, Segal and writer George Wing obviously like all of the characters despite the constant ribbing, and Sandler and Barrymore are as cuddly as a pair of love-struck walruses. But only a sucker would get too close.