6.6

1. Aug 28, 2014
    Just about Adam Sandler's only film worth your time. 50 First Dates features moments of truly touching sentiment with minimal hints of Sandler's annoying-self.
  2. Aug 20, 2014
    I had high expectations for this movie.Unfortunately,the movie was not has funny has i expected.But the performances were actually pretty good and the movie has his laughs.
  3. Mar 1, 2014
    See Sandler? When you show us your warm side, we can laugh at you. You don't always have to fill the screen with gross-out humor. I wish you'd make more of these.
  4. Nov 13, 2013
    50 First Dates goes home alone.
    The movie begins with an interesting idea that develops at a monotonous pace, with laughs few and far between. A very poor execution by Mr. Sandler.
  5. Sep 17, 2013
    This film is heart-warming, even though every time I watch it I cry, it has very sad moments and very happy moments. You know a film is good when it takes you on an emotional journey just like the characters in the film. Highly recommended
  6. Aug 27, 2013
    Not Adam Sandlers worst movie ever but still below average and easily forgettable. For once Rob Schneider made me laugh (the impossible has been done)! But it was only because of how fat his wife was and how many kids they had. 50 First Dates is a very mediocre movie which most will not enjoy even if the ending is pretty good.
  7. Jul 16, 2013
    I love this movie- it is hilarious, heart warming, romantic and above all: entertaining. I just love these Adam Sandler romantic comedies. And this film is a classic, it has me laughing harder every time I see it.
  8. Jun 27, 2013
    This is one of those great relaxing movies that is just full of charm and wit. Very entertaining with a premise that is unique than the majority of romantic comedies.
  9. Mar 24, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. A funny and creative film that didn't have as much 'just plain stupid' characteristics as other Adam Sandler films like "Big Daddy" or "Grown Ups". Drew Barrymore did a great job playing Lucy, as did Sean Astin as her steroid-abusing brother. Expand
  10. Dec 10, 2012
    Sandler usually makes stupid movies but every now and then hits the bulls-eye with a hilarious movie, unfortunately this is not the case, it's very bad story. Sandler being a Casanova thing!! really? and honestly the best thing that Drew Barrymore has ever done it's to appear in E.T. Far more better things to watch!
  11. Nov 28, 2012
    Although it takes a fairly laughable logline and turns it into a legitimate story, "50 First Dates" does suffer from only moderately funny humor in the end.
  12. Nov 8, 2012
    Though it may lack originality, 50 First Dates is consistently funny, and at times, heartwarming.
  13. Jul 31, 2012
    I was particularly put off by the beginning - the jokes were more or less unfunny - so I was almost put off from watching the whole film. The jokes began to get funnier and I felt kind of at ease because it was less about slapstick and more about what was going on. Adam Sandler has that unique humour where you either like it or hate it. I think the film was slightly messy in its construction, certain pieces were skipped to and the conclusion was a bit rushed. It lacked depth because of its limited explanation - although it helped to replay events that had previously happened. That doesn't make it a bad film though, because sometimes romantic comedies are just meant to be enjoyed, and this example of a medical condition in a beautiful romantic environment is refreshingly original. Expand
  14. May 17, 2012
    Hilarious and romantic, Adam Sandler at his best, starts off slow but then ramps up to be not only a totally funny movie, but also a sweet and touching one. This makes it into my top 3 favorite Sandler movies of all time. If you haven't watched it I highly recommend that you do.
  15. Apr 3, 2012
    A very good Adam Sandler film. Some of the scenes in the resturant are absolutelyy hilarious. Story doesn't make sense but who cares. It comes across as an enjoyable film that is very funny.
  16. Jan 22, 2012
    Eh it was ok at first but it gets rather corny, sappy, and generic. It fits the norm of other Sandler films so if you like his other work then you will like this. It was ok but I wouldnt watch it again.
  17. Oct 6, 2011
    I love this movie. It is not my favorite but I like it. My favorite movie is Abduction! Having read some of the bad reviews you can just tell that they are just thinking about themselves way to much. If you go to the Abduction page I wrote about how people alway think about them selves and not how it might affend others. I hate that about others. Be possitive you know. Well anyway I do love this movie. It is not a ten but it is a eight. Haha. Lol. Ok. Well I better go. Collapse
  18. Jul 3, 2011
    I actually enjoyed this movie quite a lot. Adam and Drew have a really good chemistry going and the movie had me laughing on several occassions. Definitely worth a watch.
  19. May 11, 2011
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Better than expected, this movie delivers an good premise and some decent acting. The movie most impressed me by not resorting to the expected cliche ending. Which might be why it has some unfavorable reviews. Expand
  20. Jan 9, 2011
    I think this is another movie you either love or hate. Its a feel good movie that makes you wonder what youd do for someone you love. How far would you go? Some parts go extreme but thats what I love about these kind of movies. The cast acts well and the parts they play have me laughing and wanting it to go on and I think its a well acted and good addition to the comedy/romance genre.
  21. Sep 22, 2010
    Surprisingly it manages to be a cute and funny romantic comedy.
    I would recommend this movie. Not Adam Sandlers best but still funny. If you're looking for Billy Madison or Happy Gilmore then this is ot even close to them. It is a more mature movie.

1. As a comedy, 50 First Dates is standard Sandler, but as a love story it left me pleasantly buzzed, if not quite punch-drunk.
    Oscillating gracelessly between the coarse and the merely saccharine, 50 First Dates, directed with zero visual or comedic flair by Peter Segal (Anger Management, Tommy Boy), showcases Sandler's cuddlier side as it reprises the tepid chemistry that he and Barrymore road-tested in "The Wedding Singer."
    The movie's sole selling point turns out to be its sweetness. Sandler, Segal and writer George Wing obviously like all of the characters despite the constant ribbing, and Sandler and Barrymore are as cuddly as a pair of love-struck walruses. But only a sucker would get too close.