8.4

1. Nov 16, 2011
    Exciting, depressing, emotional, moving, amazing. This is the kinda movie you want to see, whether you liked rap or not. The feelings really get to you in this movie. Definitely one of my all-time favorites. It's one of those type of movies where a "bullied kid" gets somewhere and shows all of those bullies who he is, and how they can't stand up to him. Great movie! And even greater withExciting, depressing, emotional, moving, amazing. This is the kinda movie you want to see, whether you liked rap or not. The feelings really get to you in this movie. Definitely one of my all-time favorites. It's one of those type of movies where a "bullied kid" gets somewhere and shows all of those bullies who he is, and how they can't stand up to him. Great movie! And even greater with Eminem in it. Expand
  2. JonathanP.
    Jan 4, 2003
    It's da greatis of all time. its past 10 but dats all they had 2 pic frumm.
  3. Mar 27, 2011
    Great movie. I can't stop watching. Eminem fan or not this movie has something for you. This movie is one of the few inspirational movies made of this time
  4. Jan 11, 2014
    Dope movie... The best movie ever made in the history of hip-hop movies... Scratch that, all movies... This movie is a classic... Haters can't talk...
  5. Dec 15, 2013
    Everyone who says this movie was below a 7 has something against Eminem personally. They probably got offended by his lyrics, or couldn't handle the amount of truth this movie holds about hip hop in Detroit. It is a fantastic portrayal of the Detroit lifestyle, being an upcoming artist, and more than anything beautiful direction and soundtrack. Probably the best rap soundtrack for aEveryone who says this movie was below a 7 has something against Eminem personally. They probably got offended by his lyrics, or couldn't handle the amount of truth this movie holds about hip hop in Detroit. It is a fantastic portrayal of the Detroit lifestyle, being an upcoming artist, and more than anything beautiful direction and soundtrack. Probably the best rap soundtrack for a movie...ever. This could be a documentary, and still be incredible. But they gave you a kickass storyline to boot. Lucky you. Expand
  6. Mar 15, 2011
    Let's get one thing out of the way first: Yes, I am an Eminem fan. However, rap is not the only genre I like, and some rap artists make me sick like some people. I listen to just about any genre as long as the music is good, and I am a fan of other bests of different genres, even for orchestrated. 8 Mile was hyped up for a while and I never got to see it, and I thought it would just be aLet's get one thing out of the way first: Yes, I am an Eminem fan. However, rap is not the only genre I like, and some rap artists make me sick like some people. I listen to just about any genre as long as the music is good, and I am a fan of other bests of different genres, even for orchestrated. 8 Mile was hyped up for a while and I never got to see it, and I thought it would just be a typical tale of Eminem trying to become a rapper. But it isn't, and it is a much bigger movie and in my opinion, one of the best of 2002. Thanks to an excellent script, the grittiness, the message, and the fantastic performances, even from Eminem, 8 Mile is an excellent movie that borrows script ideas from great movies, perfects them and is special in its own way. SEE IT! Expand
  7. NickT.
    Jul 16, 2006
    Eminem was absoluty flawless in this movie excellent debut, the best movie I've seen in years.
  8. Oct 3, 2011
    I've seen this movie a long time, but in my lifetime I've seen more than once. While portraying the life of rapper Eminem is also a lesson in life, there is a story based on the problems of today. The movie basically shows that anyone, even if it is considered a nobody, can turn the world upside down by those you love.
  9. Tye
    Jan 1, 2007
    Incredible. The not just the best movie about music ever, but the best single movie ever. Period.
  10. Nov 17, 2010
    Emotional, moving, depressing, exciting, these words are created for this movie. Eminem has outdone himself...................................................................................
  11. LeeP
    Oct 16, 2007
    8mile was the best rap movie there ever willl be in this world. I am a big Fan of eminem and he should make another movie about himself. well got to go peace out and by the way I am a boy who is 15 years old.
  12. KayseM.
    Dec 15, 2003
    I rate this movie a 10 because Eminem is the best!!!!! I love the rap battles! And Eminem is really hott!
  13. AbbyH.
    Dec 1, 2004
    Okay, I guess! Not as good as I thought it would be. But, still I'd watch it once again. The battles were the best part in the whole film.
  14. RandiC.
    Oct 8, 2004
    This movie rocks the battels are the best!
  15. andrewj.
    May 15, 2005
    Becoz eminem is da best!!!
  16. NickC.
    Aug 15, 2005
    Cool Movie.
  17. luis34
    Aug 22, 2009
    Its sad to see that eminem haters just keep wasting their time, man i think is time to grow up 8-) and about the movie, well if it isnt perfect still is great peace.
  18. BethH.
    Dec 26, 2004
    I think it is wonderful and is heart warming. i love it and just wow i dont know what to say it is the ebst movie i know.
  19. Jun 10, 2012
    Such a great movie. I wish I could erase my mind and watch this movie for the first time again. Unfortunately I know every word to every freestyle in it, so I have to rap along. But wow, what an amazing movie.
  20. Dec 29, 2012
    If you have, one shoot or one opportunity... WATCH this movie, is awesome! Tell a very interesting story about Eminem's life, what makes you understand more about what happened during his life before his career
  21. Mar 27, 2013
    an incredible story an awesome performance by Eminem and most of the story are taken by real events from his life holy waw i mean for a rapper to act like that is just incredible.
  22. J.Cruz
    Nov 19, 2002
    I thought it was a great movie the acting was superb by all the talent. Only problem i had was the sex scene with em and britany they could shortened that part a little bit other then that its a great hiphop film
  23. Tamara
    Jan 17, 2003
    I am a total Eminem fan. Going to the movies with high expectations and then coming out realising it was better than I expected was awsome. It proves that there is so much more to Eminem than just rapping. And what about his ass...WHOOOOO!. I read all the other comments and I have to agree with those that said only a true Eminem fan would know that it is not based on his real life so I am a total Eminem fan. Going to the movies with high expectations and then coming out realising it was better than I expected was awsome. It proves that there is so much more to Eminem than just rapping. And what about his ass...WHOOOOO!. I read all the other comments and I have to agree with those that said only a true Eminem fan would know that it is not based on his real life so those that say it would have been easy for him to play himself are totalling wrong as he was only acting. I give "8 Mile" an A+ and hope to see another movie from Em soon. I only wish we could get him to do a tour in australia. Love ya stuff Em... Expand
  24. Kris
    Jan 18, 2003
    It's a movie that parallels the story of a dreamer and the obstacles to his dream. a truly powerful scene was when he faced his very enemy: facts about himself, his race, his class and his weaknesses. Each one of us has a dream and as a result each one will ultimately face exactly the same obstacles to that dream whatever it may be. a truly inspiring film.
  25. louiseosborne
    Jan 9, 2003
    this is the best film eva well compared wid lord of the rings
  26. ShelbyB.
    Apr 13, 2003
    It was a very interesting movie. I love the sweet home alabama song and I loved the battle. I love Eminem.
  27. BrentT.
    Apr 25, 2003
    I thought it was a really good movie because it tells you about his life.
  28. ChelseyJ.
    Apr 8, 2003
    This movie, I thought was pretty good...i wasn't expecting eminem to be such a good actor.
  29. C-dubb
    May 5, 2003
    I give this movie a 9 becuz it would be a 10 if 50 cent was in it.
  30. DavidA.
    Feb 21, 2005
    In a way it's a sad movie but it reflects the rappers life, it shows the low life of the streets but at the same time it helps you understand him better.
  31. AlexSnap
    Nov 10, 2002
    I'll start off by saying that this movie was A LOT better than I expected. It was getting a lot of talk about Eminem's performance, but along with his EXECELLENT performance, the movie was also really really really good.
  32. Jennifer
    Nov 11, 2002
    No, I don't think this is as good as "Dancer In the Dark", but whether people think that this was easy to act because it was autobiographical or not, it was still fabulously acted by a man many people STILL want to write off! You may not like him, you may not respect the way he acts in public, but to deny his obvious intelligence and talent is ridiculously narrow-minded. Get over it.
  33. NatashaS.
    Nov 13, 2002
    I think this movie was pretty good. It set records and Eminem definitely proved himself. Although the movie was predictable I still enjoyed every minute of it. It was funny, clever and witty. Way to go Em for getting out of that rap movie stereotype.
  34. DennisG.
    Nov 13, 2002
    Great movie. Devastating rhymes.
  35. CarlaM.
    Nov 8, 2002
    Eminem has "it." Passion and poetry. I am 58 and haven't been this excited, since Laura Nyro. You go, guy!!!!!!
  36. JewelSpirit
    Great stuff.
  37. DavidW.
    Nov 9, 2002
    Yes, I am an Eminem fan. Yes, I also expected this movie to be good. No, I wasn't surprised that he can actually act. Eminem is very talented, you can deduce that just by reading his lyrics. If you can just step away from your controversy-rejecting mind for a few mintues, you can see that he's very intelligent. I hated that this movie ended so abruptly, I really wanted to see Yes, I am an Eminem fan. Yes, I also expected this movie to be good. No, I wasn't surprised that he can actually act. Eminem is very talented, you can deduce that just by reading his lyrics. If you can just step away from your controversy-rejecting mind for a few mintues, you can see that he's very intelligent. I hated that this movie ended so abruptly, I really wanted to see what happened. This is by far the best movie I've seen in a long time. I'm going to buy it the day it comes out on DVD. Expand
  38. TashaB.
    Dec 24, 2002
    "Amazing" doesn't even come close to how great this movie is.
  39. SenegalBoy
    Dec 4, 2002
    Excellent, the biggest surprise of the year.
  40. Sydney
    Jan 13, 2003
    I ABSOLUTELY LOOOOOOOVVED THIS MOVIE! Everyone has to see it!
  41. ChristianG.
    Oct 16, 2003
    This movie is great, great plot, story, direction and Eminem's performance. I don´t give it a 10 just because i hate Brittany Murphy and Kim Basinger. They are awful actresses.
  42. HayleDude
    Jan 4, 2003
    U no i would give it 10000000 out of 10000000 eminem 2 me everythin dat he does i think its cool. dis story is based on him abit and he's tried his best. itz hard 2 go through sumin which u dont wanna face again. anyways eminem has done great. all u critics, nastys, mean unprepy people mey get lost and find sum1 else but dey wont be better than marshall mathers dudez.
  43. BrainB.
    Feb 25, 2003
    It was the best. Eminem is sexy.
  44. CordellS.
    May 13, 2003
    I wasnt going to give this movie a 10. but i couldnt help it. i love this freaking movie. The script could have been a little better but eminem has great screen presence. I heard those guys say i hate rap and blah blah blah. You knew this was a hip hop movie to begin with and you knew you didnt like eminem. Geez, come on i dont like Britney Spears but im not going to go see her movie toI wasnt going to give this movie a 10. but i couldnt help it. i love this freaking movie. The script could have been a little better but eminem has great screen presence. I heard those guys say i hate rap and blah blah blah. You knew this was a hip hop movie to begin with and you knew you didnt like eminem. Geez, come on i dont like Britney Spears but im not going to go see her movie to give it a bad review i dont give a damn how good or bad it is. Understand, Em had to carry this movie on his own and never had any acting experience. Give him a little credit people. Expand
  45. AlmyraM.
    May 16, 2003
    This movie was sweet. Eminem looked hott!!
  46. M.Deep
    May 19, 2003
    This movie is very inspiring and shows everyone how to take their life and make it better even though things are down. Great portrayal of the D and life in it.
  47. MurrD.
    Jun 10, 2003
    Eminem, plays a excellent role of B. Rabbit. His remarkable style of rap kills it in da movie! This movie shows a very good perspective of a white rapper, tryin to get respect in a blakc neighbour hood. Go see it if you haven't yet.
  48. CodyJ.
    Jun 19, 2003
    Yo I Loved The Sweet Home Alabama Parody and The Freestyle Battles and Eminem is the Best I even got his name on a tattoo across my chest.
  49. willm.
    Jan 27, 2005
    Smashin, marvelous.
  50. Claz.b.
    Apr 14, 2005
    In my opinion. This film is excellent for the typical teenager, with the rapping and also the film does make you laugh with the idiot like antics and the lyrics at the rap battles. Eminem was defiantly made for the part of Jimmy as it shows him in a totally different perspective.
  51. AnthonyB
    Nov 11, 2002
    I enjoyed the movie very much and was a little upset it ended the way it did I would love to see a movie of his life Eminem is a superb actor and a very smart person WOOHOO! Britney Murphy is soooo HOT!
  52. DanielG.
    Nov 16, 2002
    Eminem sizzles with charisma. Evan Jones Cheddar Bob is so pathetic the audience loves him. Mekhi Pheifer feels like a breath of fresh air in a smokers convention. Kim Bassinger gives an incredible performance. What more do you need? This movie is Oscar material. End of story.
  53. RoseS.
    Nov 16, 2002
    This was an excellent movie. Em did such a great job, and I reccomend it for all to see. The battles were awesome, he's a killer mc with mad talent. I bet this will be an oscar nominated film! My baby did such a good job!
  54. AlK.
    Nov 20, 2002
    Fantastic overview of Eminem's simple and vey dramatic life.
  55. JaxK.
    Nov 27, 2002
    I think this a really good film but only his true fans will Know that it is not based on his life. Shady dats my baby.
  56. AmanL.
    Nov 7, 2002
    The only reason it doesn't get 10 is because its his first film. But good job Em on first film.
  57. SethB.
    Nov 8, 2002
    I hate Eminem, but I like good movies. It pains me that I have to admit that THIS is by far the best movie this year. It's a scary prospect that Eminem could and should get a nomination for this film.
  58. JoeyB.
    Woohoo!
  59. RyanM.
    Nov 9, 2002
    It doesn't transcend the genre, the story, the surface or anything for that matter. But, what "8 Mile" does do is it creates a certain tight, tense feeling that never allows us to let go.
  60. Ashlee
    Dec 12, 2002
    *~Being a serious Eminem fan I thought this movie was HELLA good! It was an awesome movie.... Yes, everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but I really think this movie should be at LEAST a 10!! Eminem is HOTT*~
  61. MattJ.
    Dec 19, 2002
    Excellent movie.
  62. RichardG.
    Dec 3, 2002
    I went to this movie thinking I wouldnt like it, but it was a fantastic movie, one of Oscar Calibur, eminem plays a very convincing role (his peircing eyes) and the whole film is crisp. I would walk 8 miles to see another movie like this.
  63. SamS.
    Dec 30, 2002
    Eminem proves that he can handle a strong role. Even though it is based on himself. Believe it was an awesome film.
  64. NazareneB.
    Jun 28, 2003
    I really think this movie was great... people who gave this movie less than five is really dumb... eminem raps about his life and if you were in his place, you would want to talk about it too.. eminem deserves a lot more than credit than people give because people who have been treated that way need their voices heard...
  65. EricK.
    Jul 21, 2003
    It was not as good as i had hoped for but it still was a great movie.
  66. JackM.
    Jul 31, 2003
    This is a phat film, i like eminem both as a rapper n actor, great ilm, great batlez and if u look at da real life battlez eminem wipes da floor wit a bird, well wat do u expect wen she is a lady?
  67. Menona
    Nov 11, 2002
    First I would like to say that Eminem is hotter than I thought he'd be! Secondly, the movie was EXCELLENT and actually better than I thought it would be. In fact, I became an even bigger fan of his because of the movie. For someone who has never acted before you couldn't tell at all! Keep up the good work, Em, I would love to see more movies with you in them!!! I would also like First I would like to say that Eminem is hotter than I thought he'd be! Secondly, the movie was EXCELLENT and actually better than I thought it would be. In fact, I became an even bigger fan of his because of the movie. For someone who has never acted before you couldn't tell at all! Keep up the good work, Em, I would love to see more movies with you in them!!! I would also like to point out that of all the hip-hop movies I've seen, this one is definitely NOT the stereotypical one with all the violence and drugs, etc. This movie was more about "battle rapping" and someone, a poor white trailer-park boy, trying to make something of himself by making it in the music business than any of the violence and gang-related issues that are usually in these types of movies. And for those that think so, this is NOT a portrayal of his life story. Yes, there are some similarities but those TRUE EM fans know that its not based on his life even Em says so himself. Keep up the good work, Em!!! :) Expand
  68. DustinD.
    Nov 15, 2002
    This movie was a reflection of brilliance of the producer director the soundtrack brought the viewer into the movie while the script was provacative. while ending left u wondering.
  69. Officesirdoofy123
    Nov 27, 2002
    It was well worth the time and effort put into to it em's charactor had a lot of power but not as much as mehki's wich was a bit different but eminem is a different guy love the beats loved hte battles loved the movie.
  70. Nikki
    Nov 27, 2002
    Em is da best rapper out there and for his 1st movie he did real good. i would like to see em in more movies. 8 mile was great cuz you got to see how it was like for him growing up in a place where whites wernt supposed to be tryin to rap like da blackes. but i dont see why anyone would dis this movie. em was only tryin to show people how it was for him. how would they like it if they wasEm is da best rapper out there and for his 1st movie he did real good. i would like to see em in more movies. 8 mile was great cuz you got to see how it was like for him growing up in a place where whites wernt supposed to be tryin to rap like da blackes. but i dont see why anyone would dis this movie. em was only tryin to show people how it was for him. how would they like it if they was tryin to show people how it was for them and someone said ''why would anyone want to see a movie wit so n so in it'' em is a hottie and da best part of da movie is when you see his ass. so if you dont like em dont get on da site!!!! peace Expand
  71. CathyL.
    Dec 23, 2002
    I gave this movie a ten because Eminem is so hot and cool. He was the best person in the film. This is the best movie of the year. I say two thumbs up!
  72. Jan 14, 2011
    i have been a fan of rap almost all of my life, and also i'm a huge fan of eminem's early albums and the movie was his peak as an artist. he truly convinced us that he's a enormous talent. a great movie, and everyone should see this, not just his fans. eminem did a great job. i mean, everybody did a great job. this is one of my favorite movies. for sure. a must-see! 9+...
  73. May 12, 2011
    yeah i love this movie it was really good. the freestyle battles were awesome. it was funny and touching as well. eminem can act a little. i felt bad for him. but this movie shouldn't get negative reviews especially from fans.
  74. Mar 7, 2013
    A very good movie. I liked the battles and the soundtrack
  75. Oct 5, 2011
    EPIC! For sure the best rap genre movie ever... Eminem's performance was stunning, emotional, exciting but again depressing and very convincing so i have absolutely no bad things to say about this movie. But I have a couple more good things starting with freestyle battles. They are written so perfect and it really gives you the feeling that you are there with Eminem, Brittany and MekhiEPIC! For sure the best rap genre movie ever... Eminem's performance was stunning, emotional, exciting but again depressing and very convincing so i have absolutely no bad things to say about this movie. But I have a couple more good things starting with freestyle battles. They are written so perfect and it really gives you the feeling that you are there with Eminem, Brittany and Mekhi watching and cheering. I could do this forever but I'm just gonna say one more thing: after watching the whole movie you look at credits and listen to Lose Yourself and it just fits so perfectly. Everyone should see this movie. Expand
  76. Nov 8, 2012
    It has moments where its utterly breathtaking, and that, I did not expect. Eminem proves he's a worthy actor, the way he buries the emotion behind his eyes; he gives a fierce and determined performance.
  77. Nov 10, 2013
    I love Eminem and 8 Mile. The story of 8 Mile is more a story about Rabbit's struggle against a rival "rap gang" than his personal struggle to overcome his circumstances. Don't go into the theater expecting to see a poor white boy become a millionaire rapper. What you'll get instead is the story of a poor white boy who becomes a proud poor white boy. Basinger gives a wonderful performanceI love Eminem and 8 Mile. The story of 8 Mile is more a story about Rabbit's struggle against a rival "rap gang" than his personal struggle to overcome his circumstances. Don't go into the theater expecting to see a poor white boy become a millionaire rapper. What you'll get instead is the story of a poor white boy who becomes a proud poor white boy. Basinger gives a wonderful performance as Rabbit's mother, but her inherent beauty and glamour makes little sense to the world that the movie is trying to create. I'm not saying that poor people can't be pretty, but if the story is going to bring so many stereotypes to life, why not this one? Awesome and Emotional. Must go for the oscar. Expand
  78. Jun 6, 2013
    There are entertainers, and then there's Eminem. The controversial musician stars in a drama loosely based on his struggle to stardom. With a heartwarming plot, 8 Mile goes that extra mile to be a great film.
  79. Jul 14, 2014
    BEST HIP HOP MOVIE - I loved this movie, this is one of my all time favourites, I am a big Eminem fan. I liked the story line, Eminem's acting. This movie was kind of based off of Eminem's real life, when he was coming up as a rapper, although the story was changed up a bit, also the characters, including Eminem himself who plays as Jimmy (also known as Rabbit). He is trying to come up asBEST HIP HOP MOVIE - I loved this movie, this is one of my all time favourites, I am a big Eminem fan. I liked the story line, Eminem's acting. This movie was kind of based off of Eminem's real life, when he was coming up as a rapper, although the story was changed up a bit, also the characters, including Eminem himself who plays as Jimmy (also known as Rabbit). He is trying to come up as a rapper, trying to get a record deal, also at the same time coming up as a white rapper in battles and dealing with him being broke and having a crazy mom. The story could have been better though, but regardless of that, this is a great movie Expand
  80. Dec 24, 2013
    This is a really good movie focusing on the life of a poor white boy that lives on the wrong side of 8-Mile road. That white boy (eminem/ B.Rabbit), has to live in bad conditions and constantly suffer in his life. He has to earn the respect of the people around him by rapping in a underground rap competition. This is a really good movie and it doesn't drag on. Any Eminem fans willThis is a really good movie focusing on the life of a poor white boy that lives on the wrong side of 8-Mile road. That white boy (eminem/ B.Rabbit), has to live in bad conditions and constantly suffer in his life. He has to earn the respect of the people around him by rapping in a underground rap competition. This is a really good movie and it doesn't drag on. Any Eminem fans will definitely enjoy this amazing film. Expand
  81. Mar 16, 2014
    This movie shows the rise of a upcoming Hip-Hop artist from Detroit, with no bullsh*t and has no censorship for what really happens in the cold world of Hip-Hop. What better actor to have for the main character than Eminem himself? No one, Eminem is the best actor for the part of B-Rabbit. Growing up himself in Detroit, Eminem knows the town in side and out, and knows the life of a familyThis movie shows the rise of a upcoming Hip-Hop artist from Detroit, with no bullsh*t and has no censorship for what really happens in the cold world of Hip-Hop. What better actor to have for the main character than Eminem himself? No one, Eminem is the best actor for the part of B-Rabbit. Growing up himself in Detroit, Eminem knows the town in side and out, and knows the life of a family starving to get by. This is shown perfectly in his flawless acting. If you haven't seen this movie, I would advise watching it, even if you aren't a Eminem fan. This is my favorite movie, and no other movie comes close to the greatness this movie has to offer. Expand
  82. Aug 5, 2014
    I have seen many movies, but this one by far has to be my favourite! Amazing story line and brilliant actors. 10/10 from me. Its a shame there isn't a number 2.
  83. Mar 22, 2015
    10/10 ................................................................................................................................................

1. What it's really about is the euphoria that talent can bring to those who are possessed by it. That euphoria lights up the screen.
    A star is born in 8 Mile, all right, but his name is Mekhi Phifer.
  3. Reviewed by: Mike Clark
    The rap sequences are shot and edited with the excitement of a crisply broadcast sporting event, which in a way they are.