3.3

1. Jun 11, 2014
    I loved this movie because of the dark nature of the film and what it depicts. It shows the struggle between the evil and good of man and one of the darker sides of our humanity.
  2. MarkS.
    Jan 4, 2004
    Seems like some people don't like it when film makers hold up a mirror to society. Unflinching, tremendously powerful and a wonderful soundtrack to boot.
  3. Vee
    Oct 3, 2004
    In an era when various teen-slasher trash comedies get labeled as 'horror' movies, something as scary and as disturbing as 8MM is called simply a 'thriller' - miscategorisation if there ever was one. this film was meant to scare people and it fulfills its task admirably.

Overwhelming dislike - based on 20 Critics

1. Voyeuristically wallows in the sadistic violence it professes to deplore. What hypocrisy!
    Almost as degrading as any unmarked video you can buy in the back alleys of Manila, and, in its pseudo-significance and arty pretension, it's a lot less honest. I'm heartily sorry I had to poison an entire evening with it.
  3. Reviewed by: David Edelstein
    The moral contortions of 8MM seem especially bogus, a sadomasochistic peep show booth pretending to be a confessional.