6.7

1. Jan 10, 2014
    I have to give 9 credit for having me great heart at its core, but I refuse to give it credit for much else. The voice acting, though better than terrible, was not convincing enough to make me truly care about the characters. Worse still, the characters, in particular 9, are of the type that good voice acting is needed in order to bring in sympathy for them. Therefore, the tragic and ultimately bittersweet story was touching only so much as its actual plot. However, this plot, despite its terrible pacing, is the movie's only saving grace, and the only reason I will not say it is not worth watching. Honestly though, if you are a fan of Tim Burton-style animation (Corpse Bride, The Nightmare Before Christmas), the visuals will probably be worth it by themselves, since they are quite impressive. Expand
  2. Sep 25, 2010
    The only reason I watched this movie in the first place was because of Tim Burton, and I'm being nice by saying it was horrible. One of the worst movies ever.
  3. Jan 9, 2011
    I dont know whats wrong with this movie. At first watch I thought it was cool but the voices just ruin it for me. I love how they make the movies like this but the characters just didnt do it for me, thought the movie was just boring and I love animation type movies but maybe this one just feel off the radar for me.

1. 9 never adds up to much. It's a dark adult film that gives itself over to the chases and frights of a kiddie movie.
  2. Reviewed by: Todd McCarthy
    Design aspects are arresting and the filmmaker's abilities are obvious, but the basic survival story remains slight, just as the general setting, no matter how artfully imagined, is by now pretty familiar.
    This is post-apocalyptic adventure as imagined for a teen crowd, and what it lacks in depth it makes up for in action. With a slight running time of 80 minutes, 9 doesn't contain an ounce of fat on its animated bones.