6.9

1. Feb 6, 2012
    My only complaint? It was far too short. A universe like this can't be contained in an hour and 12 minutes. I would have liked to have seen more expansion on certain characters who, as a direct result of the limited length, got only a few lines in before dying.
  2. Oct 1, 2012
    "9" is brilliant, gloomy, but short. In all honesty, I thought the movie could have been a bit longer. But, looking back, I now realize that it was a great movie and that there really wasn't any need for "extra footage." The dark theme of the movie was really well put into the story. Plenty of "Mild Horror" kept the film going smoothly for the target audience. Though, plenty of disturbing images, it was still a nice, little, well put together movie that, ironically, receives a 9 from me. Expand
  3. Jan 5, 2013
    Very well directed. The plot is very unique and "9" has great attention to details. The screenplay was simply fantastic. I would recommend this movie to almost all ages.

1. 9 never adds up to much. It's a dark adult film that gives itself over to the chases and frights of a kiddie movie.
  2. Reviewed by: Todd McCarthy
    Design aspects are arresting and the filmmaker's abilities are obvious, but the basic survival story remains slight, just as the general setting, no matter how artfully imagined, is by now pretty familiar.
    This is post-apocalyptic adventure as imagined for a teen crowd, and what it lacks in depth it makes up for in action. With a slight running time of 80 minutes, 9 doesn't contain an ounce of fat on its animated bones.