7.7

1. Oct 30, 2010
    Great film!!! Crowe is awesome, he plays a genius and mentally sick man with bold and fine brushes. His decent into the dark side is wonderfully subtle and you forget that he's Russell Crowe and an Australian to boot. A true Brando of his generation. This film will not disappoint you, it might leave you a little blue, no heal clicking when you leave, but a true window into mental heath and the fight to overcome its obstacles. Expand
  2. Jan 5, 2011
    it's a classic. i love the story. i usually don't like Russell, but in this movie is great. the movie shows the fight with a particular disease. the society is usually rejecting these kind of people.
  3. Jan 7, 2011
    This was truly a moving movie due to some superb acting. Crowe is so spot on with his character that at times it is almost frightening. Jennifer Connelly and Ed Harris are also wonderful (Harris being a blatant Oscar snub). A great supporting cast and score. To all the people who hated it because not everything was accurate: IT WAS A MOVIE IT DOESN'T NEED TO BE 100% ACCURATE!!!!!!
  4. Aug 26, 2011
    A Beautiful Mind is a very touching movie. The way the plot develops,with subtle hints to the twist constantly popping up, is very well constructed and acted. A lot of reviewers say that the acting isn't great, and the plot drivel, but, I honestly believe, aside from the fact it is Hollywood writing all over, it works. It is good. I have never been so moved by a film in my life, and as incorrect some facts may be, if you take it as it is, and ignore some inaccuracy's, it's a great film. I should really have rated 9, but as I said, it's the most moving film I've watched. Expand
  5. Apr 12, 2014
    Directed by Ron Howard A Beautiful Mind is based loosely on the biography of mathematician John Forbes Nash (Crowe). The film follows the eccentric Nash from his time at Princeton, struggling to think of an original idea that will get him noticed, through to his code cracking work at MIT but everything is not quite as it seems.

A Beautiful Mind leaves out many of the more unsavoury
    aspects of Nashs life choosing to focus on his battle to save his career and marriage whilst suffering from severe schizophrenia. Russell Crowe is as fantastic as ever in the lead role and Jennifer Connelly deservedly won an Oscar for her portrayal of Nash’s long suffering partner Alicia. Both help to provide a subtle yet compelling look at one mans struggle to have his genius seen above his debilitating mental illness making for a truly moving film. Expand
  6. Jul 3, 2011
    What can you say? Amazing film. For me, however, it doesn't deserve the 10 points because after the first two thirds of the film it kind of lost me. Yet, it's well directed and Crowe shows amazing acting.
  7. Aug 31, 2011
    The Idea of this film was so brilliant, so spectacular, so amazing, i just can't stop qualifying this film in the best ways possible. Russell Crowe (I still think he was better then Denzel Washington, but that's just my opinion) & Jennifer Connelly tear the whole film down, they were fantastic, 2 of the best performances that I ever saw. This is without a doubt Ron Howard masterpiece.
  8. Jan 22, 2012
    This film is absolutely stunning. I have been a great fan of Russell Crowe for a long time now, and when I heard what this was about, I had mixed feelings. It wasn't even close to the things I would usually watch. But when I sat down to see it, I was truly amazed. The acting done by all the cast is just great and so believable. And the fact it was based on a true story just blew me away, as I only found that out after I had seen it. Even thinking it was just made up, it left me in tears at the end, and I wouldn't usually get sad with films. I strongly urge all who reads this to watch this film. Expand
  9. Mar 27, 2012
    This was by far wonderful movie. Not only did it give the reality of the 'sane' characters, but it gave a reality to a schizophrenic so that you don't even know he is one until half way through the movie. A success in every way. More movies should be this bold.
  10. Mar 19, 2014
    A Beautiful Mind is an outstanding cinematic achievement. On one hand, that is because of truly Oscar-worthy filmmaking in every possible aspect, but on the other, graver hand, this is due to it introducing a mass audience to mental disorders. As all but an expert on this topic, I'm in no position to assess whether the film is realistic and respectful to actual patients, but bringing people closer to the minds of schizophrenics and other mentally ill by making a star-studded Hollywood film out of their perspective is rating praise already. Ron Howard realized a great mixture of drama, romance, action, and humour with A Beautiful Mind, something many directors attempt to do nowadays, clearly resulting from the award-winning prospect it brings along, but only very few succeed in. Story-wise, the film is immensely entertaining, touching, and just as beautiful as its title suggests. Another major merit of the four-time Oscar winner is its lead actor Russell Crowe, going from heroic action star in Gladiator to socially awkward genius in just two years. Thus, A Beautiful Mind is a more than deserving Best Picture winner at the Oscars and a film worth watching more than once. Expand
  11. Mar 31, 2013
    i'ts great i dont know why the critic's are bad with this movie.
  12. Mar 2, 2014
    I've seen some movies about peoples life. I've never seen any movie which showed how a intelligence feels like. Russell Crowe nails the role of Prof. John Nash. This movie made me to curse myself of not having any interest in math. Never before the numbers and mathematical genius attracted me. This movie has one of the best emotion filled scene in the movie history.

1. Howard, and the screenwriter, Akiva Goldsman, have used the book as nothing more than their jumping-off point for an erratic work of fiction that's part mystery thriller and part Hollywood schmaltz.
  2. Instead of an originally conceived movie that reflects Nash's troubled but brilliant mind, we have one of those formulaically rendered Important Subject movies -- the kind that seem exclusively designed for Best Picture nominations.
  3. Reviewed by: David Edelstein
    As Nash gets closer to Crowe's own age (and level of dissipation), the performance settles down and becomes first credible and then overwhelming. This is a stupendous piece of acting.