8.3

1. Dec 25, 2012
    A perfect Christmas movie, if not a perfect film. This is one of the movies that you revisit every year, and is a joy to do so. A joy to talk about with friends, and a joy to recite your favorite lines. This is one of those movies where when the next scene pops up you think, oh yeah I have been waiting for this part, just delightful throughout. I love the narration in this film, the poetry of of the narration against the story of this young man adds humor in almost every scene. There are also many great tender moments in this comedy. Ralphie's moment with his mom after beating up the bully, and his father giving him the bb gun at the end are my two favorite. I look forward to watching this movie every year, I hope TBS never ends there 24 hours of A Christmas Story. Expand
  2. Jul 26, 2013
    It's a classic holiday movie! I mean what more is there to say? It's funny, clever and a must watch every Christmas day. Fragile? That must be Italian!
  3. Nov 28, 2012
    Nostalgic, enduring, farcical, and near-perfect, "A Christmas Story" is a story so relatable and affecting that the film has become a tradition in and of itself.

It is pitch-perfect, telling the story through the enthusiastic and single-minded vision of its hero Ralphie, and finding in young Peter Billingsley a sly combination of innocence and calculation.
    It's those moments and others and the way they are tied together by Shepherd's tongue-in-cheek narration that cements A Christmas Story as one of those rare must-see holiday movies, even for those who don't celebrate Christmas.
  3. Though Mr. Billingsley, Mr. Gavin, Miss Dillon and the actress who plays Ralphie's school teacher are all very able, they are less funny than actors in a television situation comedy that one has chosen to watch with the sound turned off.