5.7

1. Mar 12, 2013
    Great modern version of Cinderella! It's a great experience for all friends,family and even if you watch it alone. The only thing i didn't get is how is it possible for him not to recognize her after the Halloween party? I mean her voice, face and attitude?... that's probably the only reason i'm not giving it a bigger score. But as i said it's still great.
  2. Apr 27, 2014
    A twist on Cinderella, this Hilary Duff movie is light hearted and fun. Great for girly night's in and sleepovers.Plus I absolutely adore Jennifer Coolidge in this movie, she is so funny!
  3. Mar 28, 2011
    The title of this movie won't give much away, as it isn't completely similar to the original Cinderella. Keeping the love story half and the "evil stepmother" half, it creates the similarities. Ultimately, A Cinderella Story takes you through a journey which all girls probably around the age of 12 would enjoy watching.
  4. Oct 9, 2010
    A decent, and passable remake of Cinderella. A family friendly movie, but very girly. Well, what did I expect when I saw this on ABC Family??? It's ok.
  5. Apr 24, 2011
    All I Can Really Say Is I Hope I Bring Down The User Rating To An Even Lower Score.. Anyway Bad Acting, Bad Plot.. Why Remake A Disney Classic???? So So So Uncreative.. 0!
  6. May 26, 2014
    They tried but failed. The actors are terrible, the camera work is terrible, the story is terrible when in comparison to the original. This movie is too implausible to make sense. They tried to put their own little spin from the original but it just did not work for teenagers in today's age. At about the twenty minute you are begging for the two to hook up already but it feels like itThey tried but failed. The actors are terrible, the camera work is terrible, the story is terrible when in comparison to the original. This movie is too implausible to make sense. They tried to put their own little spin from the original but it just did not work for teenagers in today's age. At about the twenty minute you are begging for the two to hook up already but it feels like it takes forever. If you want to take Cinderella from animated to real life there has to be much more care and effort involved. Expand
  7. Sep 1, 2014
    We know the story. We're familiar with these actors. But yikes! I certainly hope they didn't intend for the film to come out as poorly as it did. I'm also not incredibly surprised.
  8. Jul 18, 2014
    Good movie. The film does a great job of being genuinely funny. I can watch it thousand times and it will still make me laugh! I love it. Hilary and Chad

1. From its uninspiring title -- and certain turnoff for young males -- to its limp slapstick and uneven acting, A Cinderella Story arrives with a dull thud.
  2. Reviewed by: Todd McCarthy
    Lusterless trifle.
  3. Reviewed by: Jennifer Snow
    The film lacks the guiltily pleasurable panache (and punch) of other recent chickadee flicks posited as protofeminist fairy tales.