A Cinderella Story

6.3

1. Feb 5, 2016
    I hated this movie. This is in no way funny, or even a way to get young teens of the 21st century into Cinderella. I get that it's "Cinderella for the digital age", but it's not funny, not interesting, and downright, unbearable to watch.

Hilary Duff is fine in the lead role, but there are times where her character just seems unlikable at times, you know it's problematic when the lead character who you're supposed to identify with, is not likable at all. Don't even get me started on Jennifer Coolidge as the evil stepmother, whoever gave this woman a comedy career clearly doesn't know what comedy is, she was never funny...or at least I don't find her funny.

There is nothing else I can say...this movie is just bad.
  2. May 27, 2015
    Best movie of all time. I hope more small children can wank it off in style.

kjklnmk[p;'.ssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss
  3. Sep 1, 2014
    We know the story. We're familiar with these actors. But yikes! I certainly hope they didn't intend for the film to come out as poorly as it did. I'm also not incredibly surprised.
  4. Apr 24, 2011
    All I Can Really Say Is I Hope I Bring Down The User Rating To An Even Lower Score.. Anyway Bad Acting, Bad Plot.. Why Remake A Disney Classic???? So So So Uncreative.. 0!
  5. Sebastianrhondatootsie
    Sep 29, 2007
    I picked a number at random. sorry... never thought hilary duff was that good of an actor.
  6. ShelleyN.
    Jul 20, 2006
    You call this a movie? Honestly Hilary do us all a favor and just stop. Whoever told you that you are good was sadly mistaken. im trying to save u from more imbaresment if thats possible.
  7. JeremyE.
    Apr 18, 2006
    Hilary Duff at her absolute best! Chad Michael Murray at his absolute best! Oh wait... That's still not anywhere near good.
  8. Laura
    Mar 4, 2005
    This is the worst, cliched film in the history of chick flicks. It gives the impression that you can somehwo find your oen true love in a chat room....not the ebst message to give young impressionable girls!!
  9. SangHeeJ.
    Jan 29, 2005
    I've never liked Hilary Duff and watching her make a fool our of herself on the big screen gave me sheer delight. It was a poor attempt to update a classic tale that shouldn't be toyed with. A film that may captivate you only if you have obsessively followed 'Lizzie Mcguire' since you were little. Not recommended at all for anyone.
    Nov 20, 2004
    Further evidence that tv actresses gone pop singers gone film actresses couldnt act a decent scene if the fate of the world rested on their shoulders. i am totally confident that there may well be monkeys who could deliver a more talented performance than hillary. this girl makes me want to rip out my eyes and tear off my ears on the off chance that i ever have to see or hear this over Further evidence that tv actresses gone pop singers gone film actresses couldnt act a decent scene if the fate of the world rested on their shoulders. i am totally confident that there may well be monkeys who could deliver a more talented performance than hillary. this girl makes me want to rip out my eyes and tear off my ears on the off chance that i ever have to see or hear this over rated, over paid joke of an actress ever again. Expand
  11. VictorB
    Sep 28, 2004
    I don't care for Hillary Duff, but decided to give her a chance. I wish I never did, and I never will again. Did anyone besides little girls under 16 enjoy this movie?? Why?
  12. DannielleN
    Sep 28, 2004
    Hillary Duff cannot act. She chooses horrible movies to can't-act in. Seriously, she's never learned the difference between Nick acting and film acting. Lindsay Lohan is far better than Hillary is. I will never willingly see another Sillary Puff movie again!
  13. JennyS.
    Aug 2, 2004
    The laughable premise of this movie works only as a an insulting vehicle for product placement of a talentless and insipid but generically pretty 'tween' being heavily sold by the media in an attempt to take preteen girls' allowances. Don't insult your intelligence by watching it.
  14. DaryllE.
    Jul 24, 2004
    Why in gosh darn heck does every bad tv actress become an even worse singer and movie actress? i dont know, but this movie is awful, 5 points taken for hil's performance, 5 from how dumb every thing else is, it MIGHT appeal to 10 year old girls though...maybe not on second thought.
  15. VinceH.
    Jul 22, 2004
    I have seen close to 100 movies this year, and CS has got to be the worst. A bland, pointless, and excruciatingly dull exercise in soundtrack promotion and terrible storytelling. Every character, every dramatic or comedic moment, every conversation or any human interaction in this film rings false. There is not one second that feels like the life of real human beings There is nobody to I have seen close to 100 movies this year, and CS has got to be the worst. A bland, pointless, and excruciatingly dull exercise in soundtrack promotion and terrible storytelling. Every character, every dramatic or comedic moment, every conversation or any human interaction in this film rings false. There is not one second that feels like the life of real human beings There is nobody to root for or even relate to, which is just one of many problems. Even the target audience for this film (10-17 yr old teens) who were at the screening of this were laughing out loud at some points. I really don't even mind most of these dopey teen-girl fantasy flicks. They serve a certain purpose in the film market and I understand that. But they don't all have to be horrendous. "Ella Enchanted" one of the most underrated films of the year, was a goofy fun ride with a unique low-key charm that I found very appealling. Oh yeah, Ann Hathaway could actually act too, which is more than I can say bout Ms. Duff. Expand
  16. Shana-ann
    Jul 21, 2004
    Predictible. Bad, Bland. Hillary Duf...please. I am a teenage girl and when I see her I want to take off my Vans sneaker and throw it right at her. LIEK OMG!!!11 ITS HILLARY DUFF! OMG! SHES LIEK MY IDOL!!111 All I can say is, anyone who read that last sentence of mine and agreed with it-- get a life. Please...
  17. MoniqueG
    Jul 18, 2004
    Anyone with taste wouldnt see this movie. Without the pre-teen girls, absolutely NO ONE would care to see a Hilary Duff film. Let's face it, Hilary's fifteen minutes are fame are up and she needs to go away quickly before she causes even more damage to the beauty of film. And dont even get me started on her music...urgh...
  18. PatrickM.
    Jul 17, 2004
    Does this even deserve a 1? No, I gotta say this is THE worst movie of the year. Hillary Duff, thank god she looks so good, otherwise she might actually be the "diner girl" as she portrays in this one. So, you thought Garfield and sleepover were awful? Get ready for this then. Not only was this lifeless, it was also cliched, predictable, and horribly cast. If I have to see Jennifer Does this even deserve a 1? No, I gotta say this is THE worst movie of the year. Hillary Duff, thank god she looks so good, otherwise she might actually be the "diner girl" as she portrays in this one. So, you thought Garfield and sleepover were awful? Get ready for this then. Not only was this lifeless, it was also cliched, predictable, and horribly cast. If I have to see Jennifer Coolidge as the dumb ugly fat blonde that acts like she is a 20-something hottie again...ugh! Okay, so how is Chad Michael Murray? I have this funny feeling he better get used to these kinda roles...I can ignore all that, but the whole premise is completely absurd. Duff goes to the dance to meet up with Murray and wears a great gown with a small white mask. Well, everyone knows who it is, yet not even Murray realizes it is Duff, even though they kiss, talk, etc. That basically makes the whole movie incredibly stupid. If you want a smart teen film, go see Mean Girls. Hillary, don't look now but Lindsay (Lohan) is better looking and can actually act. Uh oh.... Expand

1. From its uninspiring title -- and certain turnoff for young males -- to its limp slapstick and uneven acting, A Cinderella Story arrives with a dull thud.
  2. Reviewed by: Todd McCarthy
    Lusterless trifle.
    The film lacks the guiltily pleasurable panache (and punch) of other recent chickadee flicks posited as protofeminist fairy tales.