8.0

1. Oct 8, 2011
    LOVED this movie, absolutely loved it. Most comedies seem to be chick flicks (which suck, save for Bridesmaids) or dude flicks like The Hangover, which I'm tired of. This was a true co-ed comedy, with great characters and comedy for the guys and girls. One my favorites this year, been recommending it to everyone.
  2. Sep 30, 2011
    Totally loved this movie. Reminded me of Risky Business or one of those classic 80's sex comedies, but with a surprising amount of heart. Would have liked a little more Will Forte and his wife, they steal every single scene. Also, expected a bit more nudity, but it didn't really need it.
  3. Sep 29, 2011
    I saw this with a bunch of friends and thought it was going to be a bunch of one liners and SNL kind of jokes, but it was actually very real and very funny. The craziest part was in the end it made it seem like you could actually pull off an orgy and it would be cool with everyone involved. Does that make it some kind of awesome instructional video?
  4. Sep 24, 2011
    Loved the film, mostly because I loved the cast. Huge fan of Nick Kroll from The League, and this is his best work yet. Also, Lucy Punch and Will Fort steal every scene they're in.
  5. Sep 21, 2011
    This movie was hilarious and totally caught me by surprise. While it's clearly in the modern mold of Apatow comedies, it seemed more like a dirty Whit Stillman movie or even a modern version of the Big Chill, swapping an orgy for the funeral. Overall, my favorite comedy of the year and that's saying something.
  6. Sep 16, 2011
    Feels like a cult classic already. It's a weirdly sweet film, way more going on in it than the title (and some reviews) might suggest. More about friendship & growth than boning.

1. Reviewed by: Marc Mohan
    Sep 2, 2011
    Thanks largely to its cast, however, it's transmuted into an utterly puerile 90 minutes that fit the brain-dead zeitgeist of Labor Day weekend in a snug and mostly pain-free manner.
  2. Reviewed by: Calvin Wilson
    Sep 2, 2011
    Sitting through A Good Old Fashioned Orgy is like being monopolized by the most irritating person at a really boring party.
  3. Reviewed by: Joe Neumaier
    Sep 2, 2011
    The jokes are hit-and-miss, but the cast is uniformly game, with Labine stealing the show.