8.2

1. Aug 2, 2013
    An easy-to-watch erotic/sexual-based comedy with a number of nice jokes. Decent actors. This is a movie to watch once, laugh on some stuff and forget about it.
  2. Feb 22, 2013
    Haven't we had enough of this format already? Four guys and Four girls, who like to party, decide to do something wild and crazy one night. There's the leader and the shy one, and of course the weird one and the funny one. This set-up has been beaten to death! If you've seen Super Bad, The Hangover, Take Me Home Tonight, or any number of copycats, you know exactly what I'm talking about. Granted, the idea here is a little more original than most and the movie does do what it was intended to do, make you laugh. The faces are different, the situation is different, but everything else is exactly the same, there's nothing original here. Jason Sudeikis and Lake Bell do a great job of making us laugh, but again it's just your basic drunken idiots out to do something special, with all the pitfalls, and weird that happens in-between. It was funny and a great way to kill a couple hours, but I got an extreme sensation of deja vu throughout this film. Overall, A Good Old Fashioned Orgy is good for some cheap laughs, but it's honestly nothing you haven't seen before. Expand
  3. Oct 8, 2011
    LOVED this movie, absolutely loved it. Most comedies seem to be chick flicks (which suck, save for Bridesmaids) or dude flicks like The Hangover, which I'm tired of. This was a true co-ed comedy, with great characters and comedy for the guys and girls. One my favorites this year, been recommending it to everyone.
  4. Sep 30, 2011
    Totally loved this movie. Reminded me of Risky Business or one of those classic 80's sex comedies, but with a surprising amount of heart. Would have liked a little more Will Forte and his wife, they steal every single scene. Also, expected a bit more nudity, but it didn't really need it.
  5. Sep 29, 2011
    I saw this with a bunch of friends and thought it was going to be a bunch of one liners and SNL kind of jokes, but it was actually very real and very funny. The craziest part was in the end it made it seem like you could actually pull off an orgy and it would be cool with everyone involved. Does that make it some kind of awesome instructional video?
  6. Sep 27, 2011
    This movie is so much sweeter and funnier than I thought it would be. The title made me think it might be a crazy, dumb comedy but it turned out to be really good, about a group of friends that was totally like my friends (without the group sex, obv). I've been recommending it to everyone, and it turns out it's already out of theaters! Looking forward to watching it over and over when it comes out on dvd. Expand
  7. Sep 24, 2011
    Loved the film, mostly because I loved the cast. Huge fan of Nick Kroll from The League, and this is his best work yet. Also, Lucy Punch and Will Fort steal every scene they're in.
  8. Sep 21, 2011
    This movie was hilarious and totally caught me by surprise. While it's clearly in the modern mold of Apatow comedies, it seemed more like a dirty Whit Stillman movie or even a modern version of the Big Chill, swapping an orgy for the funeral. Overall, my favorite comedy of the year and that's saying something.
  9. Sep 16, 2011
    Feels like a cult classic already. It's a weirdly sweet film, way more going on in it than the title (and some reviews) might suggest. More about friendship & growth than boning.
  10. Sep 5, 2011
    Yet another B-movie that you'll either laugh with or hate depending on how much you like and have experience with the actors in it. Jason Sudeikis and Tyler Labine are consistently hilarious to me, so it worked. I was a little surprised that it actually ended with something close to a classic orgy - without giving too much away. I figured the filmmakers would chicken out and make it completely non-sexual as a result of some stupid plot point, but that's absolutely not the case. P.S. Why is every TV show and movie set in the Hamptons these days?? NY doling out tax credits out that way or something? Expand

1. Reviewed by: Marc Mohan
    Sep 2, 2011
    Thanks largely to its cast, however, it's transmuted into an utterly puerile 90 minutes that fit the brain-dead zeitgeist of Labor Day weekend in a snug and mostly pain-free manner.
  2. Reviewed by: Calvin Wilson
    Sep 2, 2011
    Sitting through A Good Old Fashioned Orgy is like being monopolized by the most irritating person at a really boring party.
  3. Reviewed by: Joe Neumaier
    Sep 2, 2011
    The jokes are hit-and-miss, but the cast is uniformly game, with Labine stealing the show.