Open Road Films | Release Date: April 18, 2014
3.7
Generally unfavorable reviews based on 111 Ratings
Watch Now
thatSTERLINkidApr 18, 2014
If you're going to sit through A Haunted House 2 [or any kind of parody movie like this one] and actually enjoy it, you're going to have to be the kind of person with a sense of humor that's not too sophisticated. That being said, you alsoIf you're going to sit through A Haunted House 2 [or any kind of parody movie like this one] and actually enjoy it, you're going to have to be the kind of person with a sense of humor that's not too sophisticated. That being said, you also must have the ability to live a little, know what's going on in the world around you, and laugh at what most people would consider incredibly stupid. Fortunately for Marlon Wayans, this formula has worked for me since the original Scary Movie, and still works like a charm to this day.

Unlike the first film that was mostly focused on the Paranormal Activity franchise, Mama, and The Devil Inside, A Haunted House 2 merges the worlds of The Conjuring [which is the film's primary focus], Paranormal Activity 4, The Possession, The Last Exorcism; Part 2, and Sinister. There could have been a couple more that I didn't notice, but those were all films that I actually saw with the exception of The Last Exorcism: Part 2, in which the part of the movie they spoofed was seen in a few of that films trailers. If not for actually seeing these movies, A Haunted House 2 may not have even been half as funny. That being said, I'd highly recommend checking those out first.

I only had one problem with this film that was actually big enough to effect my overall view of it, which was the surplus of racial jokes tied in compared to the first. These jokes particularly involved Caucasian's and Mexican's in a really stale fashion that got annoying really fast due to how quickly they were rolled out. Every single time Gabriel Iglesias had the spot light, there was some kind of bland Mexican joke that was hardly even worth a chuckle until the end. Malcom's new girlfriend was also incredibly annoying, and despite most of the stereotypes she had being true, they were also hardly worth a chuckle. However, if you can find some way to set the overuse of racist jokes aside or actually find them funny, you've got yourself the perfect horror spoof that's even funnier than the first.

Rating: 4/5|8/10
Version Seen: Theater (non-3D)
Party Size: 5
Watch It Again?: Yes
Buying BluRay?: Yes
PolisKaninMay 6, 2014
Within the first 18 minutes of the film there were 5 sex scenes. 10/10
Within the first 18 minutes of the film there were 5 sex scenes. 10/10
Seriously though, this is a great film in my opinion. The humour isn't for everyone, but I liked it. But onto one major flaw: The creepy man you see in the tape on a tree hanging the family who then jumps out at the window is never seen after that. He is seen again on tape, but never in "reality".
ZombieVRMay 7, 2014
Funny movie. I watched it, loved it!!!!!!!! The way of acting was so funny. Its more like a mixture of horror and comedy. Despite the very low rating (1.7), this movie isn't that bad at all. Just watch it.
Timurbek324Apr 19, 2014
This has to be the worst movie I've ever seen. Not only did it lack humor, it was also the most boring **** to sit through. I myself am a huge fan of movies and this is just terrible 10/10
TheShamanAug 3, 2014
its seems all people have lost a sense a humor perhaps? this movie was hilarious. i don't care what anyone said. if you would like a good time of laughs and fun with friends then a haunted house 2 is a good one to watch. The Wayans haveits seems all people have lost a sense a humor perhaps? this movie was hilarious. i don't care what anyone said. if you would like a good time of laughs and fun with friends then a haunted house 2 is a good one to watch. The Wayans have always been comedic geniuses and Marlyon is freaking hilarious. if you have always been a fan then you will love this movie just like me. Expand
deepgoogledreamJul 6, 2015
This movie is very entertaining and doesn't take itself too seriously.

The absurdity may be a bit much for people who take themselves too seriously, hence the low ratings.