3.8

1. Sep 12, 2014
    This movie is ridiculous, wasted money ! Don't watch it w your kids - stupid sexual content.
    I gave it 30 mins then shut it off.. Waste of time ..not funny
  2. Aug 25, 2014
    Ya this is not The Conjuring this A Haunted House 2 ! Starring Marlon Waynes and Annabelle the Doll plus bagool from Sinister and a possessed girlfriend? I laughed throughout this movie and I mildly enjoyed it, but still it is a cinematic abomination.
  3. Aug 17, 2014
    This movie was **** atrocious. Whoever watched this movie and enjoyed it is a drooling moron. There was nothing funny, nothing creative, it was just awful. Though it was better than Scary Movie 5.
  4. Aug 5, 2014
    Completely irreverent and mostly unfunny, A Haunted House 2 is a slight improvement on its predecessor, but is still a complete waste of time that fails to conjure more than a few guilty chuckles.
  5. Aug 3, 2014
    its seems all people have lost a sense a humor perhaps? this movie was hilarious. i don't care what anyone said. if you would like a good time of laughs and fun with friends then a haunted house 2 is a good one to watch. The Wayans have always been comedic geniuses and Marlyon is freaking hilarious. if you have always been a fan then you will love this movie just like me.
  6. Jul 31, 2014
    I think the main reason I like the Haunted House series so much is because Marlon Wayans knows it's a parody film so why take it seriously? If you enjoyed the Scary Movie series and other films like it then you will like A Haunted House 1 and 2 just as much. It's just mindless fun. Gotta love people who bash it and yet praise these crappy animated films that featured the same recycled plot over and over again. Anyways, Here are my thoughts on it.

A Haunted House 2 is by far a better movie than the first one (despite critic reviews). It's a lot funnier and will give you many laughs through out. Also, and this is a bit of a plus for it, there are a lot less cameos in this one. Instead focusing mainly on Wayans and his antics through out and rest assure he is a funny guy. So if you have seen and liked the first one then you will definitely like the second one.
  7. Jul 31, 2014
    Now I will admit, much to my shame, that..to an extent, I did enjoy (moderately) last year's sleeper hit parody, "A Haunted House" from creator Marlon Waynes. For one, I saw the film initially with my two best friends, and believe me when you are with your friends anything can seem hilarious. Upon a second viewing at home, well.. let's just say, I wasn't as fond the second time around.
    Now just a little over a year later, Who..in a million years would think that this crew would see a sequel. I mean we're standing here begging from a sequel to "The Incredibles". Nope we get "A Haunted House 2" and after seeing this film, I have learned one thing.. they will let anyone make a movie. The original "Haunted House" seemed fresh and actually different, a rare parody that only works and connects on certain occasions. Well these filmmakers have lost all their credibility (whatever that was) by plundering over a trash sequel that is loose, boring, and just plain obnoxious. I understand that a film like this is supposed to be goofy, dorky and dumb. "A Haunted House 2" just takes the word "stupid' to a different dimension. While there are just some things you can't unsee.

The film picks up essentially where the original film left off. Malcolm Johnson (Waynes) lives his possessed girlfriend in the side of a ditch, and one year later begins to start his new life. Where, upon moving into his new home, the strange incidents that occurred before, start happening again. Following a send up of recent cult hits like "The Conjuring" "The Possession", and "Sinister".

First off, the running gag of sexually molesting a rag doll can honestly go so far. Yeah sure it worked in the first one with some stuffed animals. Other than a mental image you're never going to forget, and some nightmares, nothing is really there. I swear Marlon Wayans was profusely sweating the entire duration of the film, not to mention he was constantly screaming at the camera. All of the lines looked like they were being read off a teleprompter. I felt like I had been enucleated with a drill and hammer after seeing this film, I needed an aspirin upon exiting the theater. Yikes!. The visual effects themselves were hokey at best. The film was produced for a miniscule budget of only $3 million bucks, and the film was left wide open for a third outing....I can only hope that doesn't happen. Aside from a brief laugh here and there, the writers take washed up jokes that we're hung high and dry in the predecessor, and recycle old material, not only does it never work, the audience is left sitting there wondering what an abysmal waste of time the movie is.

Did we really insist on a sequel to "A Haunted House" heavens no, and when movies like "A Haunted House 2" are released that's when we know why. I respect the whole Wayne's clan, there are some funny guys. The first two Scary Movies were respectable in their own way, and like I stated above. I enjoyed the first "Haunted House". I just don't think a sequel was necessary. Not only that "Haunted House 2" is nowhere on the levels of it's predecessor.. In order for a spoof to be funny, it needs to know the limitations of it's own boundaries. "A Haunted House 2" may stick to the guns, but I just don't know why Hollywood is punishing us. Movies or sequels like this, make me question what movies are being released. Folks. do me a favor, save your money, and don't watch the overly obsessive, mediocre and one-two punch to the gut film. "A Haunted House 2" is a dramatic waste of your time.

D-
    By: Nate Adams

Directed By: Micheal Tiddes
    Studio: Open Road Films
    Release Date: April 18th 2014
    Run-Time: 87 mins

Thanks For Stopping Buy.
  8. May 7, 2014
    Funny movie. I watched it, loved it!!!!!!!! The way of acting was so funny. Its more like a mixture of horror and comedy. Despite the very low rating (1.7), this movie isn't that bad at all. Just watch it.
  9. May 6, 2014
    Within the first 18 minutes of the film there were 5 sex scenes. 10/10
    Seriously though, this is a great film in my opinion. The humour isn't for everyone, but I liked it. But onto one major flaw: The creepy man you see in the tape on a tree hanging the family who then jumps out at the window is never seen after that. He is seen again on tape, but never in "reality".
  10. May 2, 2014
    I'm amazed this got a sequel, the first one sucked so bad that I quit midmovie. I didn't even think for a moment for a sequel yet NOW it comes. The irony is that the movie is a haunted house itself. I hope the 3rd movie comes out for our sake.
  11. Apr 25, 2014
    These films are always awful.. albeit not as awful as the those other two unmentionable 'spoof writers' (both words I use loosely) totally unfunny, nasty-edged (out of jealousy) laugh-free cringe-fests.... but YOU the public watch them... SO they make them. The first, like this sequel will, made thirty times its budget. It's mathematics. Smart people should just be thankful these types of comedies exist... in case they are incredibly stoned and stumble across it on tv in four year's time or if you just want to be reminded you are not a total moron.
    On the reviewers' comments here, I see people complaining about it spoofing 'The Conjuring which was the greatest horror film of all-time"...!!!! Really!? Like lovers of this film, there is no accounting for taste... and apparently, not being total garbage passes as oozing with class these days. Spare me... spare us all. Next thing you know they'll be making hard-out bible-bashing movies to blatantly indoctrinate equally moronic people and call them something like, "God's not dead"... Oh, they already are? Let us usher in the end then. For it is nigh... LMAO.
  12. Apr 23, 2014
    A haunted house 2 parodied Conjuring which is the best horror movie ever so as sinister . this movie bored me to death just like the lego movie. comedy was not good as the first one . this movie sucked major
    i got a few laughs though. Grade C-
  13. Apr 19, 2014
    This has to be the worst movie I've ever seen. Not only did it lack humor, it was also the most boring **** to sit through. I myself am a huge fan of movies and this is just terrible 10/10
  14. Apr 19, 2014
    I really enjoy Marion wayans acting. He is probably my favorite male actor. It's a good sequel to a funny movie. I recommend you see the first before this one.
  15. Apr 18, 2014
    If you're going to sit through A Haunted House 2 [or any kind of parody movie like this one] and actually enjoy it, you're going to have to be the kind of person with a sense of humor that's not too sophisticated. That being said, you also must have the ability to live a little, know what's going on in the world around you, and laugh at what most people would consider incredibly stupid. Fortunately for Marlon Wayans, this formula has worked for me since the original Scary Movie, and still works like a charm to this day.

Unlike the first film that was mostly focused on the Paranormal Activity franchise, Mama, and The Devil Inside, A Haunted House 2 merges the worlds of The Conjuring [which is the film's primary focus], Paranormal Activity 4, The Possession, The Last Exorcism; Part 2, and Sinister. There could have been a couple more that I didn't notice, but those were all films that I actually saw with the exception of The Last Exorcism: Part 2, in which the part of the movie they spoofed was seen in a few of that films trailers. If not for actually seeing these movies, A Haunted House 2 may not have even been half as funny. That being said, I'd highly recommend checking those out first.

I only had one problem with this film that was actually big enough to effect my overall view of it, which was the surplus of racial jokes tied in compared to the first. These jokes particularly involved Caucasian's and Mexican's in a really stale fashion that got annoying really fast due to how quickly they were rolled out. Every single time Gabriel Iglesias had the spot light, there was some kind of bland Mexican joke that was hardly even worth a chuckle until the end. Malcom's new girlfriend was also incredibly annoying, and despite most of the stereotypes she had being true, they were also hardly worth a chuckle. However, if you can find some way to set the overuse of racist jokes aside or actually find them funny, you've got yourself the perfect horror spoof that's even funnier than the first.

Rating: 4/5|8/10
    Version Seen: Theater (non-3D)
    Party Size: 5
    Watch It Again?: Yes
    Buying BluRay?: Yes
  16. Apr 18, 2014
    God it sucked. A Haunted House 2 was a piece of atrocious, dimwit, unfunny filmmaking. The first one sucked and so does the second one. Gosh I thought that this would be funny, if not, just plain fun. But no, poor writing, screenplay, gags, directing, action, action was all poor. Don't go to watch this one.

Overwhelming dislike - based on 16 Critics

1. Reviewed by: Martin Tsai
    Apr 22, 2014
    Some instances of impiousness work better than others.
  2. Reviewed by: Sherilyn Connelly
    Apr 22, 2014
    It may be a low bar, but Michael Tiddes's A Haunted House 2 is actually an improvement over its predecessor.
  3. Reviewed by: Bilge Ebiri
    Apr 18, 2014
    A Haunted House 2 is not a movie. It is a nervous breakdown.